Jol

Well, it's been a while since I've finished something :P

(Picture links to larger image, but for some reason the linking is acting all funny here on BZP)

Gallery

Flickr

The word Jól is Old Norse for the name of a pagan Scandinavian holiday which merged with Christmas around 1000 ADE. So you can see why I chose this name, I clearly ran out of any creative ideas.

I was in the Holiday spirit (and it's Winter break, so no school), so I decided to make this.

I basically used all my white dishes here, just to try and make this more unique. Taking pictures was a pain though, considering how this MOC is a whole balancing act in itself, but I was able to get some quality pictures. It's still majorly Technic/Bionicle, the inner workings are where most of it is at. The whole MOC started with the base though, just a fun tripod, while led me to making the rest. I barely used any non-white/red parts here either, but I still found a way to finsh this :PC&C appreciated.

This guy really looks great, sort of like a nasty little creature that would gladly hurt you. I guess it's largely because of his eyes. The MOC is very original, I love those white plates stacked on each other and the alien-looking base. The body is interesting, too, having no legs. All in all, great MOC.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

wow must say this looks like something i would expect to see in a final fantasy game, i love how you created a base that was more than just something simple. although it reminds me of an episode of futurama where one of the characters had extra vertebrates added to their spine and yeah. overall this is an amazing moc. although i must ask was it supposed to be based on any type of creature because i thought at first when you were mentioning the origin of the name i thought maybe it was based off of some god but nope so that is why i am asking.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

You have way too many of those disk pieces, but at least you've put them to good use. That is a fine looking spine there. I like the way those pieces aren't just the spine though, you've got the same part used in the base, and in the eyes, albeit in a different colour, and it gives the MOC continuity. The red and white is all perfectly distributed, and you took advantage of that scheme to use Pridaks tool well. You don't see it used very often, red and white is an uncommon colour scheme, even though it looks brilliant.

How stable is it, I imagine left on its own its fine, but it probably wobbles insanely if you interact with it?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

This guy really looks great, sort of like a nasty little creature that would gladly hurt you. I guess it's largely because of his eyes. The MOC is very original, I love those white plates stacked on each other and the alien-looking base. The body is interesting, too, having no legs. All in all, great MOC.

-

Thanks! Yeah, the personality of the MOC pretty much comes from the head, so it does look a bit nasty :P Glad you like it, I was trying to make sure this was different, just to go away from my normal stuff.

Reminds me of a video game character;it looks amazing.

-

Thanks! I honestly don't remember my inspiration for this, may have been from a video game.

LOL. It looks funny. But I love that head design! :D

-

You don't see this everyday, huh? Thanks :)

wow must say this looks like something i would expect to see in a final fantasy game, i love how you created a base that was more than just something simple. although it reminds me of an episode of futurama where one of the characters had extra vertebrates added to their spine and yeah. overall this is an amazing moc. although i must ask was it supposed to be based on any type of creature because i thought at first when you were mentioning the origin of the name i thought maybe it was based off of some god but nope so that is why i am asking.

-

Haha, you generally see weird things like this in Final Fantasy games :P Thanks! There is no real definition for this, I made it for Christmas, and wanted to give it a Christmas-esque name. Otherwise, I have no idea what this actually is, sorry.

You have way too many of those disk pieces, but at least you've put them to good use. That is a fine looking spine there. I like the way those pieces aren't just the spine though, you've got the same part used in the base, and in the eyes, albeit in a different colour, and it gives the MOC continuity. The red and white is all perfectly distributed, and you took advantage of that scheme to use Pridaks tool well. You don't see it used very often, red and white is an uncommon colour scheme, even though it looks brilliant.

How stable is it, I imagine left on its own its fine, but it probably wobbles insanely if you interact with it?

-

I do, don't I? I got a large amount for a cheap price, and not just in that color ;) Glad you like it! It's kinda troublesome to only build with white and red, took me forever to get enough parts to attempt this MOC.

Yes, it's very stable on its own, but a blow of the wind, or a touch of the finger may cause it to fall down :(

Edited by Lord Oblivion

That's a lot of dishes! :P But I really do like the MOC, beginning with its color scheme, which perfectly fits the Christmas season. I have to say that his stand (leg?) is simply amazing, with all of those dishes and ball joints combined, and the stalk is equally impressive with how well it is layered. Aside from that, you used the Hero Factory cladding very well for his shoulders and arms, especially on his face. The small piece forms a nice shape with the red Pahrak shield, and those green dishes fit in there perfectly for menacing eyes.I'm a bit puzzled as to why his arms are asymmetrical, but the Pridak blade works well on his right one, obviously. I also like your use of Hero cores, both on his left arm and on his chest. Finally, the wings and tubes on his back bridge the gap between his shoulders well, and look cool to boot. Perhaps he can fly in addition to hopping around on that round base of his?~B~

• 2 weeks later...
That's a lot of dishes! :P But I really do like the MOC, beginning with its color scheme, which perfectly fits the Christmas season. I have to say that his stand (leg?) is simply amazing, with all of those dishes and ball joints combined, and the stalk is equally impressive with how well it is layered. Aside from that, you used the Hero Factory cladding very well for his shoulders and arms, especially on his face. The small piece forms a nice shape with the red Pahrak shield, and those green dishes fit in there perfectly for menacing eyes.I'm a bit puzzled as to why his arms are asymmetrical, but the Pridak blade works well on his right one, obviously. I also like your use of Hero cores, both on his left arm and on his chest. Finally, the wings and tubes on his back bridge the gap between his shoulders well, and look cool to boot. Perhaps he can fly in addition to hopping around on that round base of his?~B~

You have no idea of my endless amount of dishes <3 Thanks! Yes, the head is probably my favorite part about the MOC (I even made some instructions, so I can re-use it if needed!).Oh, well there is a pretty simple reason, I don't have a proper amount of white exo-force fingers anymore, so I couldn't actually build another arm like that. So, I decided to just use the Pridak blade :P Glad you like the design for the wings, I felt it would've been missing something without them. Yes, it is more practical. Thanks again, bro!

This guy looks amazing! I like the tube-like spine and the red pahrak shield.

Thank you!