Vakhaiv: Scourge of the Shell

Chro

There's a terror in the body, a hunter where Makuta fell.

I present Vakhaiv: the remainder, the scourge within the shell.

8324563994_17da22c8b9_z.jpg

Click the poster, or here, to see the gallery.

Name: VakhaivGender: MaleElement: IronSpecies: MatoranRace: Fe-Toa HordikaTitles: "scourge of the shell"Kanohi: Inaccesible HunaWeapons: Protosteel Drill "Grey Vandal"Alignment: Chaotic NeutralAffiliation: NonePersonality: Usually savage, angry, and very impulsive. Sometimes extremely intelligent and cunning.Vakhaiv was a Fe-Matoran from Stelt long ago, but eventually became a Toa of Iron. (Nothing of note happened to him before that time.)Soon after transforming, he was placed in stasis by the OOMN. The goal of this action was to prevent the Brotherhood from discovering Vakhaiv's existence during the purge (killing off Toa of Iron, Magnetism, Plasma, etc.). However, the location of this stasis center was overrun by Visorak. Unaware due to his slumber, Vakhaiv was mutated while still in stasis. At this point, the stasis tube was broken, and slowly began to malfunction and wear out. Those maintaining that facility on behalf of the OOMN were killed or mutated irreversibly by the Visorak horde; Vakhaiv was left on his own.Some time after that, when the Great Spirit Robot was ultimately finished off by Mata Nui and the Prototype Robot, most of the inhabitants were evacuated. Unbeknownst to them, Vakhaiv remained within the dead robot. Within a very short time, his stasis tube shattered completely and he escaped from it, disoriented and angry.Everyone had left him, forgotten about him, and he was a Hordika, a monster. The stasis tube had prevented his complete transformation, so Vakhaiv wasn't fully mindless. And so now, Vakhaiv roams the empty lands within the Great Spirit Robot, picking off the other remainders, simply surviving.At some point Vakhaiv killed an Onu-Matoran who had been using a patched-up mining drill in an attempt to escape the robot. Vakhaiv took the drill but was unable to escape, instead repurposing it for tearing apart his enemies (the list of which included everyone).Vakhaiv's current status is unknown, though he's probably standing an a corpse. He's in there. He's angry.

Reviews on the MOC are greatly appreciated! :D

Edit: Please use spoiler tags for spoilers only.

-Wind-

Sorry, Windy.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Thanks! Yes, he is rather aggressive looking, isn't he? You did comment already, yeah... sometimes they randomly disappear or are deleted if the mods consider them spam. :/

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, you did an excellent job of making this guy look huge and imposing. The color scheme is solid (though the trans-blue system studs on his upper arms feel out of place), and the construction looks flawless--the Mantax heads are a particularly nice touch. The drill is very brutal-looking and fits the character perfectly. In fact, would it be too much to ask if you could post instructions for it? I'd love to do something like that to Brain Attack Bulk's drill.

Overall, this guy is wonderfully built and has lots of personality. 41/2 stars (and the missing half-star is purely because that trans-blue is really bugging me, for some reason).

"Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Thanks! Yeah, those studs look a bit out of place- I was trying to complement the trans light blue elsewhere, but probably could've done it better.

Sadly no, I can't do instructions on the drill. My supply of parts is so limited that I can barely have two MOCs assembled at a time, so I have to take apart each MOC after I photograph and post it. That includes the drill. I could maybe do a breakdown of the most important connection points, though the rest would be up to you to build. :lol:

but their spirits

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah... I've considered dropping my standards (LOL) so that I can have more MOCs assembled, the trade-off there being that each MOC wouldn't be as awesome. I think I'll stick with my current system, though. ;)

but their spirits