Loophole

Legolover-361

GM IC: Turaga TahuEarly afternoonPanel Headquarters, Central CityTap-tap-tap went Tahu's fingers on his virtual tablet's keyboard.To the Turaga Nuva: I want to speak with you within the quarter-hour.He paused to think, leaning against the rigid back of his chair and gently squeezing his tongue with his teeth. There were no writing prompts on the table; he stared at it anyway.It's about the thieves...Tap-tap-tap: backspace.It's about an idea for stopping the Vahi thieves. I'd appreciate -- wasn't "appreciate" a funny word for Tahu to use? he must be getting old -- your input. Thanks. -TahuThe Panel Meeting Room's white, domed ceiling reached far above Tahu's head like the roof of a cathedral. He sat at the middle of a semicircular desk that overlooked from atop its dias a small room with several chairs: all empty because the doors of the Panel Headquarters were closed to visitors today, which was part of the reason Tahu liked to be here. Especially when writing letters. Writing was not his forte.He sent the message, laid his tablet on the desk, and closed his eyes in rest.

Edited by Legolover-361

IC

[Aishta's Garage, Ga-Koro-Nui; morning]

Firen rolled his eyes good-naturedly at my comments, smirking as he picked up his book and stood. He readjusted his coat almost subconsciously as I watched him slip the volume he had been reading into the left breast of the garment. "I am a living, breathing GPS. I can find my way anywhere."

As if in response to that comment there was a muffled roar right outside as his motorcycle purred to life outside. Even at this distance I could marvel at it, the sounds of the engine music to my ears. To me a vehicle was more than a machine, every sound a tell-tale signal of what was going on inside... and that bike was a match for mine, I could hear it. Oh, how I would love to dissect that beautiful piece of metallic transportation!

"I left my number on the counter, next to the coffee machine. Yes, I know there are bound to be sarcastic remarks to that," The Toa of Data said, walking toward the door. "Give me a call if you need me."

"Uh-huh." I said, giving him a sly look as he brushed past me, my arms crossed. Just as he passed the threshold of the doorframe however there was a distinct smack as I whapped him on the backside of the head. He jerked forward slightly before turning around, a look of shock, confusion, and slight amusement on his face.

"And what was that for?"

I just raised a eyebrow. "For inviting yourself over in the middle of the night, interrupting my beauty sleep, and making my life a general pain as a cop. By the way, if you wanted a date, you should have just asked instead of leaving your number. I still would have said 'no'. Chow!"

With that I closed the door with a distinct slam.

Exhaling loudly, I realized just how much of a bullet I dodged there. And it wasn't due to the chase the other day. Yes, I figured they'd come for me eventually on that, and at the worst I would pay a fine, maybe a day in jail for recklessness. No, it was about the Head of Security's vehicle and the schematics I had been downloa-

Active downloading!?

I bolted down the stairs, realizing I might of just made the greatest mistake of my life. Firen was a Toa of Data, and if my computers had been on when he had been here-

My panic subsided however as I reached the bottom of the stairs and looked around. Yes, I they were all off, I remembered now, and the lack of sound and active lights proved it. In my half-asleep stupor I had still managed to shut everything down; there was nothing Firen could have gleaned from. I was still safe.

For now.

I leaned on the railing, eyes closed and breathing slowly, letting the adrenaline work through my system. Ok, sure, I stop playing vigilante for now, just to exchange sifting through and in essence stealing government secrets. Was that any better? Worse? Same?

Why?

Here I was, living a life of freedom, free from my old ways, from living in the streets, from fear and apprehension of the police and the powers that be. All I had to do was live a normal life, play by the rules, and I would be happy. Content. Safe. Free from fear and the uncertainty of life on the street and vagabond. That's all I had to do. But as I gazed at my equipment, I realized that was a lie.

I couldn't.

That only worked if you trusted those in charge. If the powers that be had your best interests in mind. But even when I got clean I saw that wasn't true, even when I was a law-abiding citizen it was assumed I was a mindless sheep, following every news feed, every announcement with glazed eyes, willing to take and accept every word they said. That life was good, we were safe, the government had it all under control.

They didn't. They were lying. And the more tech and knowledge I gleaned from them the more I realized just how much of a double-standard they held. Now add to the fact that old habits die hard. And I don't trust easily. Put it all together...

With determination I stood, and marched back upstairs and out the back door, to where the airship lay. Jumping into the pilot's seat I powered it up, hearing the delightful hum of a perfect engine purring to life, ready and waiting to be used. A minute later it was on the street outside my garage, and I was on my way back inside. I was determined to find out what was going on. Whatever was in that craft I had a copy of, and I was sure I had enough materials lying around to build a version of it, albeit significantly smaller one. I would find out what it did and how it worked. I would reveal this secret they had. Even if they branded me a criminal to do it.

But there was no fear when one was doing what was right.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: (Atahu)

"Hmm, I have to say it's a surprise that we're both from the same place," I grinned, back. It was a lie, but one more thing in common never hurt the conversation. "Well I've met many people, but only a few are truly unique, like yourself." Another compliment as we continued our walk into the part of Central City, it was relatively vacant and thus, peaceful, relaxing.

IC, Whira: Whira giggled a little. "Thanks," she replied. "I've met a lot of people, too- but not a lot of them are as charming as you are."

IC - Vaila [Agoritarian Library]: "T-Toa?" Vaila repeated slowly, now beginning to realize that the being at the door was actually from that giant robot. He pulled a chair out and sat across from the Agori. "H-how has life been in this city for you? I assume this large building is yours..."

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

"Thank you. So how do you like Central City, rather interesting place isn't it?" I smiled, continuing to play along with it like this. We continued our slow walk through the park. She was definitely warming up, good at each moment I edged a little closer to my true prize, all of this just a way of achieving that. I was bored and she was unique and gorgeous, she gave me something to do.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC, Whira: Whira smiled. "Central City is just... wow..." she breathed. "It's a lot different than Ga-Koro-Nui, that's for sure. So many interesting sights and smells. I love it here." She especially loved the park- and that wasn't a lie. She actually enjoyed the city. Especially since there were plenty of delicious people around...

"To tell the truth, I do love this town, it's just...I don't know. Most people thinking I'm just trying to sound cool when I say this...but it's the truth." I sighed, showing some real sincerity for once. "I can't really stay in once place for long, whether it's here, Ga-Koro Nui, or Olford, I just keep moving. I wish I could stay around, do what other people do, raising a family and all that, but it's not me. You're the first person to really make me slow down, to stop." I turned to her, with a slight smile on my face. It was heartfelt, the kind of thing that reeled most women in after we had gotten this far.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

-==IC: Kranos==-Kranos hit the side of the shield hard; nothing's gonna change that at all. However, he fell just shy of the fire, since Skrall hadn't gotten a chance to push the shield out far enough just yet; and Kranos decided to use his Kakama to jump backwards, over the fire."Well, that's a new trick, wasn't expecting that." Kranos said, as he thought over the situation some more.

IC: EnaEarly afternoonMining Shaft Alpha, OlfordFwoosh -- as we charge out the lift of Mining Shaft Alpha, Kilayox's water shield explodes out with us as steam, effectively drawing a curtain between us and the enemies. That's not what I had in mind by stay out of the way, Kilayox, but I can live with it.The ground is hot and my bowstring taut as I dart to a metal pillar in the center of the shaft's protective building. The officers with me spread out, finding cover of their own. I start a mental countdown: five, four, three...I hear footsteps and the clash of metal on metal somewhere ahead, and I abruptly remember I didn't keep an eye on Kilayox.My bad."Hold!" I call to the officers and peek around my rock.The mist is dissipated. There's Kilayox in the midst of five Toa, presumably our attackers. She isn't bad, I have to admit, but I still make a mental note to provide her with a dictionary later so she can look up the definition of caution.I lock onto one of the Toa attacking Kilayox, a crimson one whose armor color screams "target". Aim. Breathe. Let the arrow fly...* * *GM IC: Turaga TahuEarly afternoonPanel HQ, Central City"Yes, brother," said Tahu, standing and nodding to Lewa. "But I'd prefer to wait for the others before speaking."

IC: Skrall wasn't about to give Kranos time to come up with a new strategy. He lashed out with a foot, his jabbing kick striking at the fire briefly enough so that he didn't get burned but with enough speed and force that the ashes and embers got a good spread. A cloud of them was sent towards Kranos' face and eyes, which Skrall was hoping would create an automatic reflex in the Toa. To dodge or run. Thats what usually happened when you went for someone's eyes. There was just something so vulnerable about them which created an immediate response of fear if you went for them.

And if the Toa did try to run blindly away from the spray of cinders flying at his face he'd discover very quickly they'd scattered over the ground as well. Especially since the ring of Skrall's brothers-in-arms meant he had little room to manoeuvre. He'd run, and he'd cripple himself, and then the victory would belong to Skrall

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

(Samarah)

After a quick shower and changing into her street clothes,which included her chain and revolver, Samarah steeped out of her bedroom. "So, what do you want to do now?"

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

-==IC: Kranos==-Kranos, however, had noticed the proximity to the fire that the Skrall had kept; both before the fight started, and after it. So, when Skrall kicked out at him, he did nothing but duck, effectively shielding his eyes, while also being able to not have to step on the cinders. That said, he did wince, from the ones that managed to get on his armour, heating it up to rather unconfortable levels."Wow; really? Wouldn't've thought you to have to resort to such a dirty trick like that." Kranos said, as lightning crackled around his fist.I don't really resort to this. This guy's admittedly good. Kranos thought, as he held his hand out, and sent a bolt of lightning quickly flying toward Skrall, not really able to do much more than that, until the cinders cooled.OOC: Though, theoretically, he could just walk on it, since he is wearing boots. I'm going along with it anyway, this is interesting. =P

IC: Skrall / Wilds

"Skrall Ceremonial Battle follows the simplest and most honored of rules. To exit the circle means dishonor. To surrender is to bring dishonor. To offer mercy is to bring dishonor. To bring dishonor is to bring the wrath of the Skrall. To bring the Skrall is to bring death. These are the ancient rules. The ancient rules will be followed. To enter the battle is to bring forth all tools of the mind and body held by those entering."

"By my rights, as an elite of the Skrall of the Rock Tribe, in the name of the glorious Element Lord of Rock, bestowed with power by the Great Beings, and by the formation of this circle, that battle is begun. He that loses shall either accept glorious death, or be spared on the agreement of officer and combatant at the end of a truly honorable performance."

Skrall did not see much potential in the Toa to be presented the opprotunity to live. The battle would end with his death, undoubtedly. There was little chance that Skrall would be defeated. Skrall expected that Skrall would have the Toa pinned to the ground, begging for mercy. They never accepted their death.

Skrall knew. His death - a necessary end - would come when it would come, with the blessings of the Great Beings upon the glorious fields of battle, facing down their enemies.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Quick, while he's wasting time talking. Lightning round the fists. Obvious signposting of next attack.

Skrall jammed his sword in the ground between himself and the Toa. When the inevitable lightning strike came the sword acted as a lightning rod, drawing the bolt away and grounding it harmlessly. Skrall was already moving forward with his own brand of brutal speed, the scattered fire clearing the path between him and the Toa. His arm swept out with his shield, holding it horizontally perpendicular to the ground this time. It was no guarding move like he'd used against the jump, he was lashing out with the razor blades on the shield's rim at around throat height. But since he knew the Toa had speed of his own and could probably avoid such a clear threat, he had a Plan B. He was using his spinning momentum to reach out and grab his sword again-now cool enough to touch again after the electrical bolt hit it-and would keep up the spinning motion to rotate a full three-sixty allowing the sword to come in for a secondary slash, one less obvious than the shield. If the Toa simply ducked the shield, the sword would tear through his legs or belly. Jumping was out because then the shield would take his kneecaps off. If he moved back the longer reach of the sword should still give him some trouble, especially with the ring of Skrall around them hindering how far back he could move

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

(Samarah)

"Maybe go for a walk in the park? or see a movie. which ever you want."

(Salamon)

Salamon had woken up a while ago. Showering, and getting dressed for work, he headed off to the bank, ready to begin another slow, boring day as a guard.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

IC: [Kilayox – Olford Mines]

The Toa of Fire stalked forward, intense flame gathering in the palm of his hand. The Toa of Water that they’d been ordered to kill apparently wasn’t bright. She was attempted to fight all of them by herself and he intended to take advantage of that. Her back was currently open and he was going to split it open. A whip of flame slowly started to form in his hand and he mentally gave it shape before he prepared to unleash it onto her. A savage grin formed on his face, anticipating the kill. Men like himself did not enter the profession of hired hit man for the money; no they did it for the thrill. He was feeling it right now and it delighted him, the thought of taking this Toa’s life. He raised his fiery whip and he prepared to bring it down, ready for the sensation that followed.

But all he got was in arrow in his back.

He let out a gasp of air and reached to pull it from his back, but his arms couldn’t reach it. He continued to try though, but to no avail. Eventually he just collapsed and falls over, slamming into the ground. The last thing his eyes saw before blacking out was the tall Toa of Water whose back still remained open. With his last amount of energy, he released the fire whip.

The fire whip was doused by a burst of water, pouring out of Kilayox’s hand. She had turned around just in time, for she had heard the arrow and assumed someone was firing it at her. Her eyes looked over to the fallen Toa and then she noticed Ena. Crouched where the others could not see her, but holding her bow and arrow. That’d made sense. The Toa of Fire was not dead; the arrow had hit him in a non-vital. While Kilayox thought Ena should’ve just killed the bloody Toa, she did appreciate the cover that she gave her. Aervak was also proving to be nearly unstoppable, for most of the attacks just bounced off him. Having allies or help was proving quite useful, even though she didn’t need them to win in her mind. The robotic sentry shot out of what appeared to be a spike ball and it slammed directly into one of the Toa, cutting into the sides of his armor.

It was then that Aervak found his suit suddenly bending and making sick crunching noises. His eyes fell over to the downed Toa who had stood up on one knee, blood oozing from his mouth. He appeared to be putting a great deal of concentration into the task. He was a Toa of Iron and his eyes were focused on Aervak’s mechanical armor. He intended to tear it apart limb from limb.

Kilayox gritted her teeth as she blocked one of the fire blasts with another stream of water, steam showering the entire room as the two Toa went against each other. The other Toa of Fire was aggressively attacking Toa Kilayox, forcing her to stay on her feet. Fire blasts came shooting out of his fists, only becoming stronger with each strike. Kilayox stayed purely on the defensive, a shield of water pouring out in front of her. She nervously looked back at the wall behind her. Then she looked over to Ena, for any signs of assistance, but there was none there.

The Toa of Air had decided to attack Ena and her men from the Department of the Security. He did this by creating several small cyclones and then sending them forward, ripping through any kind of coverage that they had and forcing them to fight in the open. “Come out to play!” He yelled to them, wind circling around his fingertips as if the wind was merely a puppet that he controlled.

The two Toa and Glatorian now had their own singular enemy to face….

character_37075_f.jpg

IC: Aervak - Mine

"I hate Iron Toa," muttered Aervak as he felt the machine begin to creak under the power of his enemy. "Although I hate everyone Iron-related. Might be them reminding me of 'dem Plague-bearers, but oh well."

He quickly switched targets to the Toa responsible for the attack on his armour, and fired off all four Thornax launchers.

IC: Kopaka

The sound of metal hitting the polished white tile was heard through the door, gradually coming closer. The door to the chamber slid open, and the atmosphere seemed to chill a few degrees as the grim Turaga Nuva of Ice stepped in. The sound of his badge of office striking the floor echoing through the vast room. A slight frown was spread across Kopaka's Noble Akuka Nuva, as if he was displeased with the universe itself. Well, that was a fair description of his mood, given the nature of the information they were to discuss. He nodded to both Tahu and Lewa, making his way over to them.

Not long after, Pohatu arrived, looking suitably more cheery than Kopaka. Gali arrived with Onua, the Turaga of Water looking as calm as ever, while the bulky Turaga of Earth having a thoughtful expression under his Noble Pakari.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

(Samarah)

"I'm ready. Lets go." Samarah grabbed Kaithas, pulling him along.

War...war never changes.

IC: Firen

Date?

The Toa of Data turned around to deliver a quip on the subject, probably something about seeing hopes where none existed, but the door quickly shut. After a pause wherein he simply stared at the entrance in surprise, he let out a loud laugh. "Always have to get the last word."

Shaking his head, the Toa turned around once more, crossing the short distance to his motorcycle. It was still firmly in place, which either meant that the locks worked, or this was a low crime area. The latter was more likely. With a movement that was almost second nature, he swung one leg over the side, and slid his hands into their designated slots. Two panels on the sides flipped at a thought, revealing the police markings. With single mental push, he started rolling forward, quickly climbing to the speed limit.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

(Samarah)

"Ya know, I saw that badge up on the wall behind the bar. What is, er, was it?" Samarah was interested in that badge. It seemed like something from Kaithas past, and she wanted to know more a bout him.

War...war never changes.

IC:

(Samarah)

"Oh. I'll take a good guess at what that disagreement was. It was the census, wasn't it? Most people I know are ticked off about. I really couldn't care either way." Samarah was serious about not caring. Worse things had happened, like her element being forcefully replaced with shadow.

War...war never changes.

IC:

(Samarah)

"Eh, with the crime going all around, I'm not shocked too much about it, but its whatever. Man, this park can always take my breath away. It so beautiful." Samarah took in a breath of fresh air, or as fresh as it can be in a city.

War...war never changes.

IC:

(Samarah)

"OMG! their all so pretty!" Samarah squealed when she saw the flowers bloom. She may of been a Toa of Shadow, but that was only element wise. They hadn't drained her inner light. The flowers all matched her colors, too. Dark red, and instead of black, a dark purple-ish color. "Thank you, Kaithas."

War...war never changes.

IC:

(Samarah)

Samarah got closer, wrapping her arms around Kaithas in a hug. She hadn't felt this happy in a very long time.

War...war never changes.

IC:

(Samarah)

Samarah just stayed quite. She hadn't felt anything resembling love or even an interest that didn't involve being hated because of her element.

War...war never changes.

-==IC: Kranos==-Kranos ducked under the shield as expected; however, he attempted to move to the left as much as possible, noticing the Skrall reaching for his sword. Whether it was in time or not was all up in the air, until the attack actually occurred...OOC: Apologies; I keep trying to run the attacks through my mind to figure out a good response that'd fit Kranos; but I also keep getting distracted by things; sorry for holding all our characters up. =/

"To tell the truth, I do love this town, it's just...I don't know. Most people thinking I'm just trying to sound cool when I say this...but it's the truth." I sighed, showing some real sincerity for once. "I can't really stay in once place for long, whether it's here, Ga-Koro Nui, or Olford, I just keep moving. I wish I could stay around, do what other people do, raising a family and all that, but it's not me. You're the first person to really make me slow down, to stop." I turned to her, with a slight smile on my face. It was heartfelt, the kind of thing that reeled most women in after we had gotten this far.

OOC: Sorry my response took so long, Mask- I had finals this week and studying took up all of my time. But those are now over so I'm free again!

IC, Whira: Whira smiled back. "Well, it's good that you stopped, or I would never have met you. It's always good to stop and... smell the roses." She looked over and pointed at a nearby rosebush. "See? Roses!" The pair kept walking through the park, and finally Whira said, "I really like walking with you... it makes me feel like I'm wanted somewhere...

IC Vikentios (central city)The blue-armored Prime got onto his bike and statrted riding again. Maybe he should take some time off? No, he couldn't; every second he wasted would mean one second less spent being productive. "But still," he thought. "Maybe I'll just pass through the park. After all, it is on the way home." Riding through the busy streets, he entered the scenic park. People looked at him curiously, wondering why somebody was riding their bike in such a place.OOC open for interaction