LEGO Marvel Videogame Announced

Today LEGO, Marvel, TT Games, and Warner Bros. Interactive announced the next in the the LEGO videogame series - LEGO Marvel Superheroes. You can read the full press release on LEGO.com, but the gist is that there will be over one hundred characters from the X-Men to the Avengers to the Fantastic Four and beyond, all with their own abilities, fighting against Loki, Galactus, and plenty of other villains. It sounds like it will be a great addition to the franchise and I look forward to finding out more between now and its release this fall!

View the full article

Wait wait wait wait wait wait WAIT! WARNER BROS, the owners of DC UNIVERSE is making a video game for MARVEL which is a DISNEY owned franchise. What on earth???But besides from that.... YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes YEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled to hear about this, can't wait to start smashing bricks with minifigure Deadpool :D

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

This could be a very very very good game, or a very very very terrible game. TT just needs to get this right.

I don't think it'll be terrible. Most Lego games by TT Games have been middling at worst, even ones that broke the mold like Lego Battles or Bionicle Heroes. And since this is probably not going to stray far from the formula they established in Lego Star Wars and have refined since then in other games, I can't see it being much worse than those.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I guessed that before too long, this was going to happen. Although, considering the route they went with DC, naming it LEGO Batman 2, I wonder what they're going to name this one. LEGO Avengers? LEGO X-Men? LEGO Avengers vs. X-Men?

How well will you die?

First SW ,then DC and now Marvel. I don't going to lie it a awesome idea but mostly the only thing i don't like that lego is not making there own game. We only see 1 game that is there own. Like in 1997 there was lego island that was there own game and other from 1997 to 2005 but in 2006 they stop making there own game now. I just starting to get a little sick of lego not making there own game and same with the game play.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Wait wait wait wait wait wait WAIT! WARNER BROS, the owners of DC UNIVERSE is making a video game for MARVEL which is a DISNEY owned franchise. What on earth???But besides from that.... YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes YEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled to hear about this, can't wait to start smashing bricks with minifigure Deadpool :D

Wah!? Warner Bros. ??? I thought they were rivals!!

MARVEL OWNED BY DISNEY!?!!? *faints*

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

First SW ,then DC and now Marvel. I don't going to lie it a awesome idea but mostly the only thing i don't like that lego is not making there own game. We only see 1 game that is there own. Like in 1997 there was lego island that was there own game and other from 1997 to 2005 but in 2006 they stop making there own game now. I just starting to get a little sick of lego not making there own game and same with the game play.

Actually...

And in 2006, they made BIONICLE Heroes, which isn't a licensed theme, and they have also made LEGO Battles and LEGO Battles: Ninjago since then.

Edited by LewaLew
How well will you die?

You didn't know that? Disney bought Marvel a few years back. And they just bought Star Wars, too.

This is like....Franchiseception on the fourth level! We need to go deeper and have Marvel buy Hasbro and then make MLP comic books! :o

iwRQGDg.jpg

I'm definitely getting this. I've missed out on quite a few LEGO games by TT, but this one is a must-have. I'll most likely get it on PC, like I got LEGO Lord of the Rings.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

This is like....Franchiseception on the fourth level! We need to go deeper and have Marvel buy Hasbro and then make MLP comic books! :o

Seriously? You guys didn't know? Just saying it has been a few years now :PAnd buying Hasbro would be a very bad idea because that would mean no Marvel at LEGO (mind if two rival companies can still put there differences aside to make a videogame as seen here, who knows).

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

All I can say is... YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this for YEARS!!! I really hope Ghost Rider will be a playable character. I would absolutely LOVE IT if they put Ghost Rider and his bike in a LEGO set, maybe one that includes the likes of Blade and/or Dr. Strange! ;)

Edited by Pyrokinetic

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Am I the only one thinking "LEGO Marvel Ultimate Alliance"? :PNo but really, I'm actually pretty excited for this.But if Venom isn't a playable character, despite everything, I will shoot somebody.

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

I guessed that before too long, this was going to happen. Although, considering the route they went with DC, naming it LEGO Batman 2, I wonder what they're going to name this one. LEGO Avengers? LEGO X-Men? LEGO Avengers vs. X-Men?
It's going to be called LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, as the articles states.

Actually... And in 2006, they made BIONICLE Heroes, which isn't a licensed theme, and they have also made LEGO Battles and LEGO Battles: Ninjago since then.

Not to forget LEGO City Undercover coming for the Wii U this year and LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey, if that counts.This sounds like a lot of fun. I hope they are going to release a demo (where you can play at least as Iron Man :D).-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I actually doubt this is going to sell good in Europe, we're not really into comics here.
I think you're quite wrong about that. Super Heroes are popular enough here as well.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Ah true but you're living in Germany I think, Belgium is quite the border of the cool stuff like superheroes and even Lego, the more you pass Belgium the less you'll see them, It's really sad in Belgium whe had one official lego store, but that closed around six years ago and the same counts for superheroes, I could be mistaken though.

I'm back!

Ah true but you're living in Germany I think, Belgium is quite the border of the cool stuff like superheroes and even Lego, the more you pass Belgium the less you'll see them, It's really sad in Belgium whe had one official lego store, but that closed around six years ago and the same counts for superheroes, I could be mistaken though.
Germany is a much larger market than Belgium, so obviously it's going to have a larger sales impact. I can't really judge the popularity of super hero comics in your country, though. On an off-topic note, however, Belgium has been the main cradle of European comic in the past century. Think of Tintin. ^_^ Franco-Belgian comics are entirely different from American comics, though.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

But also the other countries behind Belgium are almost super-hero free. I'm referring to French and Spain mostly. But of course the mayor market lies in the US and I guess there're enough people who whill buy this altough I'm personally gonna skip this one, I'll just wait for a lego hobbit game to come out. I hope this game will be like the Lord of the Rings one, a fusion between movie and game, whith Gimly throwing function :)Off Topic answer: Belgium has three langues: Dutch, French and German. The German part is never mentioned and is totally uninportant, the French part, which has almost all the famous persons Belium ever had. And you have the Dutch part, which I love the most because they at least are a little know and they have Lego!

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

Seriously? You guys didn't know? Just saying it has been a few years now :PAnd buying Hasbro would be a very bad idea because that would mean no Marvel at LEGO (mind if two rival companies can still put there differences aside to make a videogame as seen here, who knows).

Yeah, I've known since it happened... :P

iwRQGDg.jpg

Actually...

And in 2006, they made BIONICLE Heroes, which isn't a licensed theme, and they have also made LEGO Battles and LEGO Battles: Ninjago since then.

Oh ya i forgot about those ,i think i should of just say the PC ,Xbox and PS3 games.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Actually...

If you're referring to who actually made the game, all of those games mentioned were made by Traveller's Tales (now TT Games). But I can't see why anyone would want to go back. True, games like Lego Island, Rock Raiders, and Alpha Team were okay for their time. They were also riddled with bugs, and have certainly not aged well. Compared to that, Lego Star Wars was a breath of fresh air when it was released in 2005. While it's true that most of the games by TT Games have similar gameplay and focus on licensed themes, some like Lego Battles have been completely original, and Lego City: Undercover could be the start of a focus on some of Lego's own brands.

Actually...

If you're referring to who actually made the game, all of those games mentioned were made by Traveller's Tales (now TT Games). But I can't see why anyone would want to go back. True, games like Lego Island, Rock Raiders, and Alpha Team were okay for their time. They were also riddled with bugs, and have certainly not aged well. Compared to that, Lego Star Wars was a breath of fresh air when it was released in 2005. While it's true that most of the games by TT Games have similar gameplay and focus on licensed themes, some like Lego Battles have been completely original, and Lego City: Undercover could be the start of a focus on some of Lego's own brands.

Alpha Team wasn't really buggy for the systems it was made for. It just had trouble with later systems that were made to be back compatible, and the second two LEGO Island games are still two of my favorites.

The videogames today all follow a specific formula, so I can see why someone might want to go back, but it looks like LEGO City: Undercover may be breaking the mold for LEGO home console games.

How well will you die?

Actually...

Alpha Team wasn't really buggy for the systems it was made for. It just had trouble with later systems that were made to be back compatible, and the second two LEGO Island games are still two of my favorites.

The videogames today all follow a specific formula, so I can see why someone might want to go back, but it looks like LEGO City: Undercover may be breaking the mold for LEGO home console games.

Don't get me wrong; I personally would love to see Lego games of other genres. But technically, we do see them, in the form of mobile and online games. But I don't know if I'd pay today's console game prices on games with as many flaws as some of those earlier Lego games. And TT Games has pretty consistently delivered polished games. So if we were to get a new Lego Racers or similar game, I'd rather if they were the ones behind it given their experience. And part of that also has to do with the fact that contracting out games and other non-brick products to other companies instead of developing them in-house was one of the changes that allowed for Lego's resurgence from their struggles in the early 2000s.

• 2 weeks later...