Saddest Bionicle Moment

Farshtey once said that the death of Sidorak hurt his sales, so it's unsurprising that very few major characters were killed off.

As such, there weren't many sad moments in Bionicle. Lhikan's death was hardly unexpected, and I feel Matoro's death was dulled by how quickly the story moved on from it.

The Toa Metru's realisation that they'd become frail Turaga was the only poignant moment I can think of.

Lhikan's death was a sad one. Botar's was too when it was revealed. Teridax taking over the MU was kind of sad too. After everything the Toa and other heroes went through to defeat the Makuta, all it mostly did was help to fulfill his plan. That is depressing if you ask me.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I don't know you guys, but for me it is when I realized that when Jaller left no one would be petting Pewku. Poor thing :(

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

The saddest momment for me was Lhikan's death. Its so sad to see my Fav character of all time die. Besides Matoro's sacrifice, I thought that the part of Journey's end when Mata Nui went back to sleep after revitalizing Spherus Magna was also pretty sad.

Another sad moment for me was actually in Dark Mirror where Takanuva was witnessing all these characters being slain.

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

ikg4k.gif

I don't know you guys, but for me it is when I realized that when Jaller left no one would be petting Pewku. Poor thing :(

This.

And it seems the saddest moments are associated with death, which is not necessarily the purpose of this topic. The most emotional BIONICLE thing ever was the second movie, so everything sad there would count as the saddest ever for me. Everything about Vakama's story is depressing, yet in the end he triumphs which is a wonderful twist.

But if I had to pick THE most saddening thing (besides what has been said about Pewku already) I would go with that awful moment when love in the MU was decanonized. D:

I say it was in Dark Destiny, when Jaller passed through the invisible field and realized Takanuva couldn't follow, and that he couldn't get back out.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Farshtey once said that the death of Sidorak hurt his sales, so it's unsurprising that very few major characters were killed off.

As such, there weren't many sad moments in Bionicle. Lhikan's death was hardly unexpected, and I feel Matoro's death was dulled by how quickly the story moved on from it.

The Toa Metru's realisation that they'd become frail Turaga was the only poignant moment I can think of.

I disagree with the idea that the only way to have sad moments is to have characters die. That's not really true.

In any case, the saddest moments of BIONICLE that I can think of at the moment are, in no particular order, the following:

- Jaller's death

- Lhikan's death

- Vakama's story was generally depressing

- Matoro's death

- The revelation that all Bohrok were former, living Av-Matoran.

- The separation of Takanuva from Jaller in Dark Destiny

- Generally the sad feeling of 2007, as the Toa Mahri realized how they'd lost their innocence and become more barbaric in their quest to save Mata Nui

- Nidhiki's story. Poor guy...

- Lesovikk's story

- Krika's death

- Gorast's death was very tragic in its own way, with her going crazy and not trying to even escape the Energy Storms once she realized the leader she had admired and dedicated her life to had sent her to Karda Nui with every intention of killing her.

- Teridax's death

- Mata Nui becoming dormant once again after the Battle of Bara Magna, leaving everyone on their own.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

In one sense, when Kopaka Nuva thought Pohatu Nuva died beneath a pile of rubble in the 4th book. I thought that was pretty well written and a little upsetting, even thought I was pretty sure he wasn't dead. In another sense, how Vakama Hordika went bad, it was just sad that Greg was forced to write that, it was so bad. Outside of the story, but on account of the story we haven't gotten to see, the cancellation of the 2001 video game. I'm still upset about that, especially knowing it may have been cancelled in part over something as absurd as video game violence.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?

I disagree with the idea that the only way to have sad moments is to have characters die. That's not really true.

When did I say that? The one sad moment I did bring up wasn't a death.

When did I say that? The one sad moment I did bring up wasn't a death.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, I thought that you seemed to imply that by saying "it's unsurprising that very few major characters were killed off" and following that up by saying "As such, there weren't many sad moments in Bionicle." I should have paid more attention to the last part of your post, I apologize.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Saddest moment is when Pewku wasn't mentioned anymore.

Ever now and then, I will whisper "Pewku" and this utterance freaks out people, but I digress.

BTW I think Nuju's mourning of Matoro's death is more sad than the actual death itself. Just sayin'.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Well for me its just the though of all of the makuta being anilated and there can never be any makutas eaver again. When you think about it, its relly messed up how everyone destroyed an entire species. In the story, Into the Darkness, Teridax was thinking to himself about the purpose of the brotherhood of the makuta and what not, and it just kinda gave me a hole new perspective on them.They are not realy evil my opinion.

They are still evil (keep in mind they enslaved Matoran), but Makuta was surely the most evil of them. The few moments in which the ethics of killing Makuta (namely, the scenes in The Final Battle and Mata Nui Rising! when Gali asks if they should help the Makuta escape the Energy Storms, and Tahu says the Makuta were too fallen from the Light to be saved even by the Toa Code).

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Well for me its just the though of all of the makuta being anilated and there can never be any makutas eaver again. When you think about it, its relly messed up how everyone destroyed an entire species. In the story, Into the Darkness, Teridax was thinking to himself about the purpose of the brotherhood of the makuta and what not, and it just kinda gave me a hole new perspective on them.They are not realy evil my opinion.

They are still evil (keep in mind they enslaved Matoran), but Makuta was surely the most evil of them. The few moments in which the ethics of killing Makuta (namely, the scenes in The Final Battle and Mata Nui Rising! when Gali asks if they should help the Makuta escape the Energy Storms, and Tahu says the Makuta were too fallen from the Light to be saved even by the Toa Code).

Well it wasn't really that, it was because there was no time to save the Makuta in Karda Nui, who had brought their fate upon themselves anyway. I agree that though the Makuta were evil, some were more or less evil than others, and Teridax was the evilest of all. I'd say Krika was the least evil one that we knew of, and he was remorseful, but I think he did his share of villainy too.

On another note, maybe there could be more Makuta, if their primordial pool somehow survived the death of the Matoran Universe. For now, we still have Miserix and Alternate Teridax.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

For me, the saddest moments were:

--Jaller and Takanuva being separated in Dark Destiny. (Nowadays, it makes me think of my best friend and I after we graduated; I stayed in our hometown, and he's now on the other end of the state)

--Matoro's final moments with his friends

--Mata Nui's final moments with Click before he handed the little scarabax to Kiina, all the while seemingly oblivious to her emotional attachment to him.

--And finally, the line being cancelled early.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I remember at the end of the Karda Nui saga, as the energy storms began, the Makuta (specifically Gorast) fell to her knees in desperation, realizing that Teridax had betrayed them all. I always liked Gorast. And Krika. I was sad at his death too. He was really cool. And he had a lot of really great quotes. Though I would have liked to see him switch sides and ally with the Toa, honestly.

I remember at the end of the Karda Nui saga, as the energy storms began, the Makuta (specifically Gorast) fell to her knees in desperation, realizing that Teridax had betrayed them all. I always liked Gorast. And Krika. I was sad at his death too. He was really cool. And he had a lot of really great quotes. Though I would have liked to see him switch sides and ally with the Toa, honestly.

Yeah, if there's any Makuta I really felt for other than Krika, it was Gorast. She just seemed to destitute. I wonder if she truly turned good in the last moments of her life.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Actually I think that Jaller gave Pewku back to Orkahm, so happily she is still petted :) (although Orkahm doesn't really seem like the petting type).

One of the saddest moments for me was probably the beginning of the Legends series: The first book began with Turaga Dume informing everyone that Mata Nui was dying. Not only was it a massive shock, and brought a sesne of dread, but it was really sad in and of itself, especially considering everything that the heroes we followed for years had endured up to that point.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

One of the saddest moments for me was probably the beginning of the Legends series: The first book began with Turaga Dume informing everyone that Mata Nui was dying. Not only was it a massive shock, and brought a sesne of dread, but it was really sad in and of itself, especially considering everything that the heroes we followed for years had endured up to that point.

Yeah, the whole book was pretty depressing (especially since it was the first novel with the good guys losing). Having Jaller, who had been such a loyalist to the Turaga, go against them was pretty jarring, and showed that he must have been pretty mad. It makes me wonder how long his resent had been building up.

Meanwhile, on Voya Nui, the descriptions of Matoran life were pretty sad. Especially when the Piraka arrived, and there was such a happy feeling, and then the happiness they thought was coming never did.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

When the line got cancelled, no moment is sadder than that.

I was thinking Lhikan or Matoro, and when the Hagah turned into Rahagah... and as I scrolled through I remembered all of these things I had felt so long ago. But LordofBionicles said it best.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I have to say one of the saddest moments was the Toa Nuva's defeat by the Piraka. To see the powerful Toa be so easily wiped out, some while trying to defend each other, was heartbreaking. It also left a sense of despair, like what can be done for the universe?

Nerus, out.