Lego Universe

Jacks

IC: Grace (Canyon)

"Attempting to get back to Nexus Tower and planning to kill my best friend, not much." Her face showed complete seriousness, without a trace of sarcasm. Carefully, she got a grip on the rocks, and then removed the cutlass from the stone. Sheathing it, she turned back to Reaper.

"I'm guessing you're just out here to defeat Maelstrom?"

IC: Blake (Nexus Tower)

Blake, in the meanwhile, freaked out.

"I'm dead. So dead."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC Ok for me

IC Damon Vankorov

He got up "It might be better if we take those towers first and work our way to the central command post, creating turrets from those ugle Mealstorm Mechs, By the way, thanks for saving me" He said as he imagined stairs to take this first tower. Which is protected my one fearsome Mealstorm Ape. "You'd better take your rank 2 suit, this is going to become hard"

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

OOC:Maelstrom apes aren't on the Venture Explorer. I sort of named everything on the ship in the post when I got on the ship. You could have an infected Nexus Force soldier, but not an ape. That's just going to be for future reference, but keep that in mind. Also, I said we should clear the entry ports so you enter into a small area controlled by the Nexus Force. IC:Black said, "You work on that. Me and Matt will clear an entry port and close the other ones. We will come up when we finish." Black handed Damon a couple of grenades and said, "Use these on the ape. We will be quick." Black turned ran to an entry port and pointed his gun at it. He imagined the gun sucking in all the Maelstrom. It did so, but the maelstrom on his arm started infecting more of him. He turned around and shot a giant laser at the ape. Black suddenly felt very dizzy and collapsed.

OOC:

Will we get to go to the other side of Rivendark Canyon?

Edited by Canis

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Oh yeah It's been long for me since LU

IC Damon Vankorov

The laser hit the Ape which transformed into a giant Flaming Stormling invader. "Are you mad!" He shouted "Firing unadapted Mealstorm at a Mealstorm creature makes it only stronger". He noticed his ally was hurt, he drained all his imagination power left, creating a small forcefield generator. He jumped down and activated it, shouting: "Bring it on mealstorm scum!". Hoping the fire-creature wouldn't dare to attack the forcefield.

I'm back!

IC:

Matt held Black in his arms as he ran over to the propellor. Matt put Black on it and he got sent up to Epsilon. Matt ran over to the forcefield and said, "Use those grenades!" Matt summoned a Bulper and a attack crocodile. The two animals started attacking the Flaming Stromling.

OOC:

Which area are you going to clear: The entry ports or the control spot?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC Damon Vankorov"Die, you Mealstorm scum, die" he said as he trowed one of the three grenades at a group of stormlings. He then ran up the stairs onwards for the fire entity. Tossing his second grenade at it. He then tried to make his sword sprout water using imagination but soon discovered he had used it all. Dodging fireballs like a madman he tried to et cliser to the creature.OOC: Still the towers but I had to save you first :)

I'm back!

OOC: I threw together a quick LDD model of Ness Farleigh's rocket just for kicks. Eventually I will probably come up with some creative Veteran-tier conveyance, but I'll just stick with this for now, I think.IC: Just before Ness, Kowaski, and Sir Aaron reached the pair of Maelstrom Apes and their three Stromling handlers, a Thwok popped into existence just ahead of them. The lanky monopod jabbed at the Stromlings with its bladed hands, scattering the minifigs with ease and eliciting howls of rage from their hulking simian counterparts. "Well done, Sonyaxe!" Ness muttered.The Thwok hopped manically around the apes, continuing to land light but annoying blows. With their attention diverted, they did not notice the three figures charging down the hill until one was struck by a missile, courtesy of Kowaski. At the same moment, Ness opened up all four barrels of her flareguns. The energized slugs thudded into the other ape's hide and stuck there, searing and smoking. Sir Aaron leapt at the first ape, slashing at it with his longsword. Ness joined him, shoving one flaregun back into her belt and drawing her sabre. Meanwhile, Kowaski proceeded to hit the second ape with everything he had. The Thwok continued leaping about, drawing the attention of the apes' would-be reinforcements away, and into a circle of Bulpers that Sonyaxe had dropped onto the field.Despite everything they were throwing at it, the apes kept on lumbering towards the turret. Before they knew it, the three of them were backed up against the squat perimeter wall."Well gosh, thanks so much for your help," the Engineer snapped sarcastically. She charged the turret and it spat a few quick bursts at the apes."Don't mention it," said Ness bluntly, ignoring the sarcasm for the time being. She squeezed off a few more shots at the apes before charging at them again, ducking under a massive fist and slashing at the legs of its owner. Sir Aaron had charged again too, and was landing blows on the other ape's arms and torso. Between their attacks and those of Kowaski and the Engineer, it looked like they'd soon have the two brutes down.Unfortunately, it was at that moment that the Thwok and Bulpers that Sonyaxe had provided all vanished. Darting back from her adversary for just a moment, Ness glanced back and saw the Summoner and Tim dashing down the hill, followed by a trio of Grumpy Darklings who would occasionally strafe downward and smash their huge mallets into the ground. It was all Sonyaxe and Tim could do to dodge the blows. Sonyaxe took a flying leap over a line of Stromling Pirates, slashing downwards with his pilum as he passed over their heads. Tim, who was a few steps behind, tripped them up with his whip without breaking a stride. The Darklings continued their swooping pursuit, inadvertently bowling over many of the Stromlings. As Sonyaxe approached the fight around the turret, one of the apes took notice and swung its fist back to strike. The Summoner raised his shield and dropped into a slide as Ness jumped up onto the beast's shoulders, firing her flaregun at its scalp. The ape stumbled back, dazed and pained, as Ness dropped back to the ground and gave Sonyaxe a hand up."We just couldn't hold our position against those Darklings," he explained, frustration colouring his voice."And what about Cyrista?" Ness asked, before whipping around to drop a Chainsaw Stromling that was getting a bit too close with a well-placed shot to its chest."Tim tucked him under an outcropping just after you guys charged. The Darklings didn't spot him." Tim joined them at that moment, reloading his crossbow."Well, we can't just leave him there," Ness said, firing at the apes again. "He's bound to be discovered eventually otherwise.""I don't think we have much of a choice now," Tim said gravely."Less chitchat, more fight!" the Engineer yelled from her post by the turret. "We're gonna get pounded otherwise."Just then a cry went up from Nexus Tower, and a wave of reinforcements surged out. They were led by a familiar figure, clad in black and crimson armour and balanced on a long, graceful hoverboard. Ness smiled grimly. "I don't think getting pounded is on our itinerary," she said, "not with Linus out here."The vapour trails from the hoverboard's thrusters mingled with the purple smoke of the Stromlings who were unlucky enough to find themselves in its path as the black-and-red-armoured Space Marauder swooped low, felling them with missile strikes and blasts of tempered Maelstrom energy. He then powered upward, engaging the three Grumpy Darklings. Between his attacks and a few shots from the turret when the Engineer could spare them, the winged Stromlings were soon plunging towards the ground. The hoverboard rider darted back down as squads from every faction caught up and leapt the perimeter wall, quickly forcing the mobs of Stromlings onto the defensive.Ness noticed several Stromlings starting to climb the ridge she and the Nexus Guardians had come down from. and cursed."LINUS!" she yelled. The Space Marauder on the hoverboard glided down, and Ness leaped up and grabbed one of the long, slender fins sprouting from the sides of the board, pulling herself up and perching on the nose. "Can you get me to that ridge?" she barked, pointing toward's Cyrista's hiding place. "Preferably before those Stromlings do?"The Space Marauder simply nodded. With a whine from the thrusters, they shot forward, up and over the fighting towards the ridge.OOC: All yours, avmatoran. Feel free to have Ness and Linus take Cyrista directly to the Tower; this battle might be almost over anyhow.Brikman, I dunno whether you had a specific plan for the two Maelstrom Apes, so I left that part of the fight open for you. Edited by Jacks

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:

You know, I don't know what you mean by towers. In the game there was only one, which Epsilon was on. You could be referring to the hexagon towers on either side of the control spot, but I didn't think you were. I just assumed you were referring to the type Epsilon is on, and are currently working on one across from his.

IC:

Matt took his staff and fired lightning at the Flaming Stromling. The Stromling turned to him and Matt gulped. Just then, a Nexus Tower Rocket soured through the air and out hopped a Sentinel Grunt with a sword and gun like that of Bronson Jarls. Matt laughed and said, "Well, well, well. If it isn't Benjamin Grimpen. Odd for you to leave your control room." Grimpen started firing at the Flaming Beast and Matt shot lightning. Grimpen said, "Hey you, the Knight. If you stab it in the same spot me and Matt concentrate our fire, we might be able to destroy it." Matt and Grimpen started firing at a spot on Stromling's chest.

OOC:

Just a note, I will be using Benjamin Grimpen as a PC in my Ninjago RPG if it gets approved.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC I was talking about the first of the four hexagon towers.IC Damon Vankorov"Whakoo" He shouted as he slammed his glowing sword into the weakened part of the stromlings chest, which shattered dropping orbs of imagination in progress. "One taken, three to go" He said, after using his 3th grenade to blow up the stairs to prevent the stromlings from reaching them and get some pieces to build a second bridge to the tower which was guarded by four Stromling Mechs. "Any bright ideas now?" he asked as he saw the Mechs coming

I'm back!

OOC:

Okay. Are you going to bring in an NPC?

IC:

Grimpen stayed behind with Damon as Matt ran back to Epsilon and Black. As soon as Matt got there, he poured Anti-Mael down Black's thoat. Black sat up with a jolt and said, "Let's go close the other entry ports." The entry port Black had purified was the one closest to the wall with the Epsilon's platform. Black ran over to one port, aimed his gun and imagined goo coming out of it. Goo came out, and clogged up the entry. The door automatically shut itself and Black did the same with the other open ports. Black turned around and ran towards the control spot with Matt at his heels. The two started fighting all around, tying to clear a space. Black looked under a panel and pulled out a giant forcefield kit, like those on Crux Prime. Under his helmet, he smiled to himself.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Reaper raised an eyebrow. "At the moment? Just trying not to join lil' Spidey in roadkill-land." He shoved his pistol back into its holster and turned his attention back to the task of climbing. "Before that? Just...y'know...taking a walk...through Stromling-infested canyons. Good for blowing off steam," he grunted. "Also, its about the only place you can get some time to yourself on this stinkin' rock."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

"True, very much so. I'm going to head back to the Tower. You going to come with on continue on your own?"

She began to climb, using her pistol to blow small holds in the rock when there were none. Her cutlass swung on the bandolier, and Grace quickly checked to make sure it was secure before continuing.

Zakaro

Edited by Zakar0%

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Reaper shrugged noncommittally--which wasn't the easiest thing to pull off while dangling from a cliff, but he managed something fairly close. "Meh. I got nothing better to do." He grunted as he tested a handhold. He would have been happy to leave it at that, but after a few minutes the silence started to get awkward, even for him. "So...this friend of yours," Reaper said, fishing about for something to say. "Does he know he's dead yet?"

She pulled herself onto the highest ledge before replying, cheerful tone in her voice.

"Oh, yes, he does. If he's landed the rocket or looked behind him by now, which he may or may not have done, he knows. Probably running or hiding. Possibly looking for me frantically, if he's feeling brave today. That's probably it, he hasn't needed to be killed in a while now. Built up bravery while we were away." She was rambling, even if she didn't notice. Grace found she had a tendency to do that, when she had the opportunity.

IC: Blake (Nexus Tower)

TapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTapTap

The Engineer's fingers nervously tapped out a beat as he waited in an elevator to get to the bottom of the Tower. He could only hope he would be able to find her fast enough to convince Grace that he was sorry and really didn't want to die.

"Why can't this thing move faster!"

Of course, the teleporter had to be down for maintenance, he had to arrive during the 1 hour a week they checked it for problems or repairs.

"I'm so dead..."

This would probably be very strange to anyone else in the elevator, if there were any.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC:After the two Nexus Forcers put Cyrista underneath the ledge and dropped down the ridge, something happened. A red light, somehow shining straight through the blue armour, came into being on Cyrista's feet, slowly working its way up his legs.

The hoverboard piloted by the Space Marauder Linus rose to the top of the ridge, carrying Ness with it. She jumped off, and saw the red light.

"Oh, no. That can't be good," she murmured.

"Darn right it can't. We better get this guy to Nexus Tower," the Marauder said as he grabbed Cyrista's torso, lifting him onto the hoverboard behind him, where Ness could hold the body down.

"Who is this guy, anyways," he asked as they flew back to Nexus Tower, "and why are we working so hard to keep him alive?"

"Because he is single-handly responsible for 75% of your weapons and armour, that's why!"

"This guy- he's Cyrista? I thought that armour looked familiar. You're right, we do need to keep him alive," he said as he increased the hoverboard's speed.

OOC:I'm not going to write their arrival or getting him to medical, you can do that, Jacks. The next thing I'm gonna write is him waking up.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: Linus is actually Ness's aforementioned Space Marauder friend, and thus the only reason that she, being a member of Venture League, knew anything about Matthew Cyrista in the first place. :P So that post read a little bit awkward.I'll have another IC up later in the evening.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:He knew who Cyrista is, and that Cyrista manufactures most of Nexus Force's weapons and armour, but Linus didn't recognize........wait, I see what you meant. Should I go back and edit it, or just hand-wave it?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "Ah, I see," Reaper groaned as he hauled himself back onto solid ground. A small part of him regretted restarting the conversation--now that she'd started talking again, she couldn't seem to stop--but mostly he was just a bit miffed that she'd managed to beat him to the top. Of course, "a bit miffed" was how he spent most of his time, so he figured she wouldn't notice. "So," he said, before Grace could talk any more, "Nexus Tower. If we don't have a ride, we'd better get going if we wanna get there before dark."

(Edit)

OOC: Just a heads up, I doubt I'll have time to post again until tomorrow afternoon. 'Till then, happy hunting!

Edited by Hastur the Unspeakable

OOC: This really did blow up. That's good to see. Hopefully we can maintain this in the long run.

IC:

Alissa gritted her teeth irritably as the giant apes smashed finally overwhelmed her turret, smashing it to pieces. The apes then turned to her. Alissa's grip tightened around her wrench as she pulled a Double Blaster from her hip and pointed it at the apes. The apes growled menacingly and slapped their hands on the ground.

"Come on," she grumbled quietly. She charged her wrench and pointed it at her box of bricks while keeping her blaster trained on the apes, but not daring to shoot. She didn't want to provoke them before she was ready.

Her concentration was broken briefly as a Sorcerer, Buccaneer, and Space Ranger opened fire open upon one of the apes. The ape roared angrily, turning away from Alissa and charging toward them, leaving only one ape with Alissa. That's a little helpful. That ape could be taken care of by someone else. She hadn't been willing to bet her chances against the two of them, but the one ape shouldn't be a problem. It snarled angrily and prepared to charge. Alissa shook her head briefly before swinging her wrench down near her feet.

Her collection of bricks shot out from her box, charged with Imagination energy from her wrench. The pieces quickly snapped together around and formed a square pyramid around her. A four-barrel gun topped off her personal fortress. Alissa wasted no time in opening fire on the ape.

The ape yelled, not expecting the sudden onslaught. It recovered quickly and charged toward Alissa, smashing his fists angrily into the fortress, causing a sizable dent into the supports of her fortress. For his trouble, the ape received a face full lead at point-blank range. The ape finally surrendered to Alissa's attacks, falling back with a loud thunk. Alissa nodded faintly before turning her fortress' guns upon the remaining Stromlings. trying to reach. They all dropped like rocks.

Alissa stepped out of her fortress and constructed two more turrets to guard Nexus Tower. Alissa nodded at her handiwork. Nothing you can't solve with a little firepower. Glancing back at the fallen body of the ape, she retracted her statement. A lot of firepower.

Alissa turned back to the escalating battle outside Nexus Tower. Alissa bit her lip. She generally preferred to stay in the back during these type of battles, provided back up with her turrets when Stromlings managed to slip through the front lines. Today, she was feeling a little more adventurous. Alissa raised her controller and deconstructed her personal fortress, no longer having any purpose where it was. She gathered to bricks to use later and slowly headed away from her turrets and into the battlefield.

IC: Sonyaxe

Sonyaxe charged into a crowd of Stormlings, using both ends of his Pilum to knock over and destroy Stormlings, while bashing in the faces of some Infected Pirates. Suddenly, there was a lull in the fighting, and Sonyaxe found himself alone in the middle of a huge crowd of Dark Shinobi, Hammerlings, and Infected Pirates. Sonyaxe cursed at himself, then smiled. They were in a circle around him. Then as one, they charged. He had been expecting this, though, and simply summoned the big rank three spinny thing (OOC: I forget what its called) that simply ripped through the attackers with its claws and teeth. In seconds, all that was left were some very confused Dark Shinobi. Sonyaxe quickly alleviated their confusion with his pilum, then ran back to help his team, which was taking down a Mealstorm Ape. He saw that his help wasn't needed though, and the Ape went down under a barrage of various attacks. He smiled, regrouped with his team, and went into Nexus Tower, where he met up with Ness and Linus.

ICJacob dodge the apes attack, he then started to jump back and started to shoot at the ape, trying to stay away from it, even though his armour was strong, it was not invincible thus he has to avoid attacks as much as possible, he then drew out his Space Ranger Launcher, aiming it at the ape, and then Jacob waited for the orbital strike to hit the ape, once it hit the ape, Jacob then started to shoot at the ape and once he saw that the ape was about to go down, he charged at the ape and smashed the ape with all his might and then he said "Peace through superior firepower." after he was done with the ape, Jacob turned around and started to shoot at the Stormlings.

OOC: sonyaxe, I believe the Big Rank Three Spinny Thing to which you refer is called a Scratch; I almost had your character summon one in one of my earlier posts, but decided against it on the grounds that summoning a Scratch is probably super srs bsnss and would make for some dramatic moments if done right, and therefore wrote the Thwok and the Bulpers into the post instead.Also, I'm getting slightly conflicting messages here -- Brikman says the battle is escalating, but sonyaxe implies it is slowing down...IC: The hoverboard soared into one of Nexus Tower's numerous hangars. Ness slid down the fin to the floor, and passed the unconscious Matthew Cyrista from Linus to the hands of the waiting medics and mechanics."He was glowing red from inside his armour when we picked him up," Ness said, "so you may want to get some scientists to look him over as well." She pulled herself back up onto the hoverboard's fin, and then turned back for a moment. "Incidentally," she called down to the mechanics, "there's a crashed rocket about three or four miles due northwest. Grey and green, Venture League markings. If you could send a crew out to bring it back for repairs, that'd be great." With that, Linus directed the craft back out and down towards the battle. As they neared the ground, Ness spotted Sonyaxe and his team coming towards them on foot. She dropped from Linus's board as he slowed, hitting the ground with a roll that brought her to her feet right in front of the young Summoner."The fighting's all but stopped," he said. "Not much left but the mopping up.""Well, if you've had all you can take, nobody'd fault you for falling back at this point," said Ness. "Me, I think I'll stick around a while yet. Besides, I left my coat out there."OOC And that'll be my last post for today. Tomorrow, unless the battle is still continuing then, you can expect to see a post or two in which Linus ceases to be merely a plot device and becomes an actual character. :P Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: So is the battle over? If it isnt, I'm going back into the thick of it. I'm confused.IC: SonyaxeSonyaxe had decided that the most prudent course of action would be to summon two bulpers and a thwok, and then charge back into a throng of Mealstorm infected creatures, the weapons of his team whittling away at the attackers. He saw Kowaski smile as he blew up a stormling, and smiled right back. Life was good.

OOC: I personally assumed the battle had escalated with the arrival of reinforcements, so that was a misinterpretation on my part. I guess you can consider the battle "mostly over".

I'll have an IC up later tonight.

IC: Grace

"Alright."

The Buccaneer turned towards Nexus Tower, finding it immediately simply through the fact that it was below a large, glowing, blue beam being shot into the sky.

Not hard to miss.

IC: Blake (Base of the Tower)

The doors of the elevator finally opened, and Blake shot out, running as fast as he could. Already prepared in full armor, (Normal Vest, Helmet, Controller & Wrench, Crux Varient Shirt and Pants) he ran over to the bouncer, the safest way to get onto the battlefield without the teleporter.

And away he flew.

(Battlefield)

Out of nowhere, Blake came flying down. Ignoring the battle for the most part, he grabbed an Xpresso, drank it, and zoomed ahead. On the way, he Magnetized the foes in his path, leaving them there to hang, not bothering with doing anything else.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC ok within a few posts he'll arrive.IC Damon Vankorov"Yeah, just leave me with those Mealstrom bots, I can surely handle four of those." He said sarcasticly. "Mealstroms Mealstroms come along, too prove where I belong" He sang, trowing his last grenade at the group, one of the fout colapsed, the others started firing at him. Hiding behind his shield, he dodged the first blows, "apparently I made them angry, this is bad" he tought. He took two small axes out of his bagpack and flung them into the wall, starting to climb up with them, dodging blasts of pure mealstrom.

I'm back!

OOC:Dual Matrix, you know that you have one of my NPCs with you, the Sentinel Grunt with the gun and the sword right?

IC:Black and Matt opened up the kit. Black said, "We need four people to build this. Call down Damon and Grimpen." Matt replied, "First I want to build two Maelstrom to Imagination converters. That way it will stick together after it is build." Matt built the converters and Black grabbed the tubes and plugged them in. Matt yelled to Damon, "Come on down! We need your help!"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Ooc no I didn't sorry IC Damon Vankorov "A little patience there, don't you see I'm pretty bussy now, Grimphen you can go already" He shouted down. He was almost high enough, he raised his hand, "Just a little more..." but before he could place the axe it was blasted out of his hand by a blast. He hang there keeping himself from falling to his dead by just one hand holding the last axe. His situation had gone pretty tricky.Ooc: No need for help. :)

I'm back!

IC: As the duo made their way towards the Tower, Reaper passed the time trying to think of who could have earned Grace's ire. He seemed to recall her (at least, he thought it was her) spending a lot of time with a certain Engineer, but the guy's name escaped him...Bart? Dwight? Something like that? He had no clue. Reaper scowled; there was a time when he probably would have known that. I really need to start getting out more...again,he thought. Gad, I can't even remember the last time I talked with my friends. That'll have to change. He grimaced again in anticipation.

OOC: When we get back to Nexus Tower I'll probably introduce a few of Reaper's friends as NPCs. I'm thinking I'll give them character outlines too, for everyone's convenience (including mine).

IC:Cyrista opened his eyes and saw the ceiling of Nexus Tower's medical facilities. He couldn't remember what he was doing here. He thought back, and remembered seeing red then blacking out. His escape pod must have ejected, and been found by some Nexus Forcers.

He sat up, with a faint whine of servos. He wasn't surprised by that, as his armor was powered, and therefore would make noise when he moved. He, however, did not realize that his armor would have been removed, as he was in the hospital, and therefore should not make noise. He stretched and yawned, still not noticing anything odd.

A doctor came in the room, saying, “Ah, Dr. Cyrista, glad that you are awake.”

Cyrista just looked at him and asked, “What happened?”

The doctor looked uncomfortable as he answered. “You were infected by some sort of virus. We don't know what it was, or how you contracted it. It became active as you were returning here and knocked you out. Your escape pod ejected and was found by other Forcers. A Space Marauder and a Daredevil brought you in here. The virus was doing.......things to your body. We didn't know what to do, other than pump you full of Imagination to boost your immune system. Luckily, it worked. The virus is gone, and you are healed.”

Cyrista stood up. “Good. I just want to get out of here. Can I go?”The doctor looked nervous too, now. “Well............there were some..........side effects of the virus's infection. You might want to take a look.” The doctor gestured to a mirror above a small sink.

Cyrista got up and looked in the mirror. For a second, he didn't recognize what he saw. He saw what looked like his face, but half of it was robotic. Looking at the rest of his body, it was all robotic. His face conveyed no emotion as he moved his head left to right, up and down.

“Well?” the doctor asked.

“It can be useful,” Cyrista said.

“The Imagination stopped the virus before it converted all of your face to robotic,” the doctor said. “From what the techs said, your body has nutrient pumps and other equipment to allow your organic parts to continue to live.”

“Fine. I just want to get out of here,” Cyrista replied.

“Okay, you're cleared to go. One other thing, though. The Founders want to see you in their conference room.”

“Fine.”

----------------------------

Cyrista walked down the hallway to the conference room. The guards attempted to tell him to stop, but he walked by, ignoring them. He opened the doors and stepped in.

“You wanted to see me?” he inquired.

“Yes. This is moderately important. Please, sit down,” Overbuild said.

Cyrista ignored this, continuing to stand.

“Your work for my faction has been excellent,” Darkflame began. “Your weapons have given us a great edge in battle and work.”

“Yes, my faction has benefited as well,” Overbuild interjected.

“However, we feel that we need you to officially join Nexus Force,” Exeter said.

“To maximize your work, of course,” Storm said.

Exeter gave him a dirty look before continuing. “You will not be as tied down as most Forcers, but you still need to join us, for your own good.”“For yours, you mean,” Cyrista said in a flat voice. “It matters not. I will join. I am not concerned with the machinations of politics.” He turned and began to leave.

“Wait, you haven't chosen a faction,” Exeter exclaimed.

Cyrista stopped and barely turned his head, so he could see them out of the corner of his eye.

“Put me down for Assembly.” He walked out.

The four Founders looked at each other and shrugged. They had gotten used to his coldness and eccentricities in their partnership with him.

OOC:I'm still experimenting with his character somewhat, so his personality may fluctuate for a while.

Is that satisfactory, Jacks?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Yes, that works.
I personally assumed the battle had escalated with the arrival of reinforcements, so that was a misinterpretation on my part. I guess you can consider the battle "mostly over"
Oh, I see. Yeah, I actually brought out the reinforcements in order to force the Stromlings back in one strike and get the battle wrapped up. So yeah, I guess that fixes it. We can just assume that Alissa and Sonyaxe & co. were mopping up the field...I really seem to have a problem with unclear writing. :P That's definitely something I'll need to work on in this game.I skipped forward a bit for this next IC. I realize it's unreasonably massive, but it contains details that will become important later, not only to the story arcs of my characters specifically, but to the game as a whole. sonyaxe, I hope you don't mind that I briefly borrowed your characters again. I needed someone to ask questions.IC: Linus Wetherby, Rank 3 Space Marauder, Veteran Tier, docked his hoverboard and walked to his quarters, where he unclamped the lightweight pulse cannon and missile launcher from the back of his armour, and exchanged his helmet for a dark, broad-brimmed hat. He then walked out into the corridors of Nexus Tower, having laid aside all his weapons -- except, of course, for his customized heavy-duty blaster rifle, affectionately termed 'the Perforator.' In truth, it was functionally identical to any other Marauder's blaster, the only difference being the three brutish spikes affixed to the barrel.Wetherby was a man in his late forties, of average height and slightly above-average musculature, and trained in several martial arts. He'd spent nearly a decade in Nexus Force, before which he'd worked with the Space Police and the Unitron Security Corporation. If his stature didn't make him imposing, his experience did.And yet, in spite of all he had seen in his time, Linus still found something about Ness Farleigh...uncanny. She was neither exceptionally strong nor exceptionally fast, but her pain tolerance was almost inhuman. The first time he'd seen her, he recalled while waiting for an elevator, she'd been in a brawl in an alleyway. It was two big street toughs against one woman in an oversized navy-blue coat. They were giving her quite a pounding, and when they knocked her down, he came to her defense. Or started to, at least, because in the next second, the girl stood back up. The toughs knocked her down again, and Linus had watched quizzically as the process repeated twice more. After the fourth time, when she stood up with one eye half swollen shut and blood trickling down her forehead, spat out a tooth, and asked the toughs if they intended to start fighting anytime soon, he decided it was time to step in. That was four years ago, and though he and Ness were fast friends, he still hadn't quite gotten used to her.The elevator spat him out, and he made his way to the plaza where Ness had said to meet. The Daredevil had already acquired two full plates of food from the various vendors, and strolled over to one of the many cafe tables around the perimeter, next to which Sonyaxe and his comrades had constructed a pair of sofas. He nodded to them as he passed, and sat down at the table, leaning the Perforator against his chair."Well," he said. "Ness Farleigh. Somehow it didn't surprise me to see you in the thick of the fighting without so much as a single plate of armour. Honestly, you could catch your death out there."Ness didn't look up from her plate, but Linus saw a smile of amusement flicker across her face. "Linus Wetherby," she said, "since when are you my mother?"Linus chuckled. "Oh, since I recruited you, I suppose. Sorry I waited until now to tell you what that entailed for us." He paused. "Did you just get back, then?"She nodded. "Cruiser docked at Nimbus Station last night. Just my luck, all the teleporters were down indefinitely for maintenance. And would you believe it, they didn't have a single dropship going to Crux Prime, either -- something about needing them at Starbase 3001." Linus raised his eyebrows, and Ness continued. "I didn't feel like waiting around, especially since there was this irritating Summoner who kept trying to sell me a zeppelin. So I bought some modules, built a rocket, and came here myself. Got over Aura Mar with no problem, only for three Stromlings in a catapult to knock me out of the sky. That's what brings me here, and I haven't eaten since yesterday.""I take it from the fact that you came alone that your own recruiting tour didn't go too well."Ness shook her head. "I found one, and he didn't even make it as far as the spaceport. I guess I'm not following in your footsteps that well.""Where were you looking?" the Space Marauder inquired."Sector 6, mostly," Ness responded. "Not sure what made me go back there.""Aha, your poor luck makes sense, then. Nothing good comes out of Sector 6.""You found me there.""My years of experience inform me that you are the exception which proves the rule." He leaned back in his chair. "And you spent all five months there?""Well, I sort of accidentally incited a gang war. That was why my one recruit never got to leave the sector." Ness paused to polish off a sandwich. "Although I did meet five crazy old hobos in entirely separate districts who all claimed they were Vincent the Vicious."Linus burst out laughing at this, but Sonyaxe, from his spot on the sofa several feet away, turned and curiously asked, "Who's Vincent the Vicious? I think I've heard the name once or twice.""Oh, he would've been before your time, lad," Linus explained, calming down. "He was one of the old space pirates. Most folk prefer not to speak of him, due to his reputation. Many have managed to convince themselves he never existed in the first place.""And what was so bad about him?" the Summoner wondered."Well, he wasn't quite like the others, Jack Knife or Greybeard or what-have-you. Jack was in it for the riches, Greybeard for the thrills, but Vincent...he was in the business for the deconstruction. He enjoyed it. And not in the way you usually think of when it comes to murderous psychopaths. He didn't savor it, he simply dispatched as many minifigs as he could in as little time as possible, like he was keeping score. Even his own crew weren't always safe." Linus paused. "I saw him myself once, back in my Unitron days. I was a guard on a freighter that he boarded. By the time I realized what was happening, the entire crew was already dead. I snuck around the ship, trying to stay away from the pirates, and when I poked my head around a corner...there he was, a ways down the corridor. He looked my way. Didn't see me, but I sure saw him. Huge man in a blue pirate frock, hair black as midnight...but the worst part by far was his face." Linus shuddered slightly. "He had the kindest-looking face I've ever seen.""Come off it, Wetherby," Ness snapped. "You're scaring the guy." Sonyaxe did indeed look somewhat uneasy, and Linus chuckled."The last confirmed sighting was over fifteen years ago," he said, "so I don't think we have much to worry about. That killer's long gone. Every now and then, some upstart explorer claims to have found the wreck of Caliban's Heiress -- that was his ship -- but they're frauds, the lot of 'em." He leaned back in his chair again. "Anyway, on to some cheerier topics?"OOC: And for anyone interested, here's Linus, fully armed, and on his hoverboard. Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:

Standard Tier people can only use Rank Two armor, right? And avmatoran, is your guy coming?

IC:

Black saw Grimpen jump down and run over to the center console. Grimpen said to Black "If Damon is busy, we should get Epsilon." Matt ran over to Epsilon's platform and the two soared over on Starcracker's jetpack. Once with everyone, the four men stood around the forcefield generator kit and began pouring imagination into it. The kit began to assemble, and as soon as it was complete, the men connected the generator to the Maelstrom to Imagination converter. The entire control center was contained in the forcefield, and all of the Maelstrom there had been pushed out (except, for some reason, that on Black's arm). Grimpen moved over to the control panels and said, "All of the electronics are burned out. I'll go to Nimbus Plaza and buy replacements."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

Actually, not right now. I'm still experimenting with having a backstory in mind when I create a character, as I just wrote it all by the seat of my pants in the DARPG. I gotta set something else up. Nothing major, just a hint at some of his history. I might do it tonight, I might not.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Grace & Blake (Near the Tower)

While Reaper was tied up in his thoughts, Grace took the time to ponder her own. Musing over how she could chew out Blake, or how she could have reacted a bit faster back in the canyon, or..

So lost in thought she was, the Buccaneer didn't notice the other figure as she walked over a bluff, not until it was too late.

"Uff!"

"Whoa!"

Blake, going full speed with Xpresso just wearing off, smashed directly into Grace, who was torn from thought in a painful way.

"BLAKE! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!"

"Meep."

The Engineer soon resumed running, though this time with an angry Buccaneer after him.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg