Lego Universe

Jacks

IC:Cyrista sighed, then straightened up from leaning over the console and turned to look at Black.

"That is an interesting and tough question. People have been theorizing and writing papers about that for the past couple years. Theoretically, I have to say it is possible in a way."

"What do you mean?" Black asked.

"I do not believe it is possible to directly transfer a consciousness into a mechanical body. Obviously, whatever transformed me bent that rule. However, I do not know the cause of my transformation, so I cannot imitate it. However, if a... copy, so to speak of the consciousness were to be made, one that was a computer program, like an AI, then yes, the copy could be uploaded into a body. As to transferring the original, that would require a lot more experimentation and work. So, if you are hoping to get rid of your other personalities, I can't help you there. However, if you want to make it so that they are all active at the same time, I might be able to build a couple of bodies and hopefully get copies running." With that, Cyrista returned to his previous pose and continued his research.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Alexander Black

Black sighed and heard a voice say into his radio, "Do you need any assistance there?" He said, "No, I'm good." Black looked at the Space Marauder who had arrived in the command center and said, "Say, you're that guy that has the Maelstrom leg, right? Well, it's nice to meet you." Black stuck out his right arm, deactivating the nano-gauntlet on his left arm.

NPC: Matthew Formigan

Matt looked out over the wall that was facing the battlefield. He grumbled under his breath something about how well this was going. He sat down on a chair in the Med Bay that he had been using and pulled out an ancient book. He started to flip through the pages and found the page he was looking for. He called over Jack and he came over. Matt said, "Do you know anything about this?" Jack nodded and said, "Artifact #37. That is a Myrthan artifact. It-" Matt said, "I know what it does." The artifact was a hexagonal based pyramid about a foot tall with sides about six inches long. Runes on it seemed to suggest that charging it with enough imagination caused it to open up and leash a giant orb of pure Imagination. This orb seemed to be able to disintegrate any Maelstrom near it. However, once it was used, it broke and couldn't be used again. Matt picked up his cell phone and punched in the number for Hael Storm. Matt said, "I am requesting permission to use artifact #37 on the Venture Explorer."

OOC:

I am requesting permission from Brikman or Jacks to use this artifact in game.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

Rick loaded up with more ammo and then saw Matt holding a strange artifact. He then had a flashback of the time when he and Sasha were on a mission to retrieve the artifact. It was two months ago in the dark depths of Crux Prime. It was night time so stealth was used in order to take down the Maelstrom guarding the entrance. Only Horsemen and Dragons were there at the scene. Two horsemen outside in the entrance, and five more inside wandering around, possibly trying to destroy 'Artifact #37'.

They ran in and took the Mealstrom out with surprise, until they got the artifact. Unaware to him or her, that by taking out the prism from it's pedestal, triggered a signal to dragons that intruders were inside. When they got out, the dragon spitted out a massive wall of fire. Luckily with the combined effort of him and Sasha, they were able to get away with mild injuries.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC:

Um, Flaredick, he doesn't have the artifact yet. In fact, he doesn't even have permission to use it yet. Still waiting for that. (PS- the number 37 was given to it by the Nexus Force, and it would have been discovered by the Venture Leauge, so if you wanted to have found it, then you probably should have had an Adventurer with you.)

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

Rick loaded up with more ammo and then saw Matt holding a strange artifact. He then had a flashback of the time when he and Sasha were on a mission to retrieve the artifact. It was two months ago in the dark depths of Crux Prime. It was night time so stealth was used in order to take down the Maelstrom guarding the entrance. Only Horsemen and Dragons were there at the scene. Two horsemen outside in the entrance, and five more inside wandering around, possibly trying to destroy 'Artifact #37'.

OOC:

Key word here- holding. He is holding a book with a picture of it, though.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: "Yeah, that's me. Trust me, its not that much of an addition" Arzanyos replied, holstering his blaster and shaking Alexander Black's hand. As he did so, he couldn't help but notice a slight purple glow coming from Alexander Black's left arm as he deactivated his nano gauntlet. "So, do we plan to just keep shooting stromlings until the Maelstrom gets bored and lets us have the ship?"

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

OOC:

Just a note, the infection on Black's arm is not slight. It is a full blown Maelstrom infection, just like that you would see on a Stromling. The gun Black had when he was infected is actually fused to his arm, so right where his hand would start, there is the barrel to a gun. The infection is of a slightly brighter shade of purple, but that is a plot point I will save for later.

Black nodded and said, "I guess, though I don't think the Maelstrom is giving up on this ship any time soon. We need to do something fast to change how this is going down." Black looked around the command deck, and said, "Hopefully what Cyrista is doing over there will be of some help."

OOC:

I am requesting permission from Brikman or Jacks to use this artifact in game.

It's been ten days since I said this, and neither Brikman nor Jacks has replied. Any updates?

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Yeah, I just expected his sleeve to cover it up.

IC: Arzanyos nodded. "Maybe we could set up some sort of Paradox machine to refine the Maelstrom infection of the ship and restore its power?" He looked around at the console room. "It should work, but it would take a lot of time and manpower. We'd need several people with knowledge in this area to build the thing and get it running, and some more to protect them. I get the feeling that if we start something like this, though, the Maelstrom is gonna start throwing everything they got at us."

Progenitus Worldsoul

OOC:I kinda want to be the only one in the bridge. IC:Cyrista found what he was looking for. The status schematic of the defense turret systems. Only a few were online. I'll need to go do repairs. However, I'll need a welding torch. At that, a message flashed across his mental HUD. Welding torch activated. A hatch, running lengthwise across his lower right arm opened up and a metal cylinder with a point on the side near his hand and made of multiple sections that slid inside one another rose out. It extended, the sections sliding apart. A small, blue flame ignited at the point. He mentally shut it off and retracted it inside his arm.

He walked to the door, opened it, and ran out. As he ran down the hallway to the first turret, dodging Stromlings all the way, he mentally accessed the ship-wide PA.

"Attention all Nexus Forcers! I am Cyrista, and I have an announcement. The defense system is online now, unfortunately, the majority of the working emplacements are in the purified section of the ship. Right now, I am working to repair the emplacements so we can have some help. Until then, keep fighting!" He signed off and contacted the woman he had been followed by.

"I need you to stay with that group you were with." Before she could respond, Cyrista signed off.

At that point, he reached the first problem point: some broken wires. A hole had been blasted in the wall, behind which was the conduit with the broken wires. He pulled some other wires that weren't being used out of the wall and used them to patch the gap in the wires. With that done, he went on to the next problem site.

He pulled a panel out of the ceiling and climbed up in. He bent a few beams back into place on the mechanism that opened the panel below the turret and the mechanism that raised and lowered the turret. He welded a couple wires back together and dropped down out of the hole he had made. He turned around and mentally sighed. Lots of Stromlings were there, pointing their weapons at him.

Great.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:

Progenitus- Really, his nano-gauntlet is his sleeve.

avmatoran- Black and Arzanyos could have been standing away from Cyrista. It is a command dec. It should be a big place.

Jacks- Yes! You do know the activation of the artifact will basically purify the ship right?

A squad of Veteran tier Venture Leaguers arrived on ship in a large ship. They jumped out, and took out a large cylindric canister. Matt nodded at them, and put on a large pair of gloves. He carefully opened up the top of the canister, and pulled out what looked like a hexagonal pyramid shaped piece of carved rock.

What it really was an ancient Myrthran artifact. Matt grabbed a magnifying glass and held it up to the artifact, looking at the glyphs. He saw one set of glyphs and realized what they meant. It would take the power of imagination from at least twenty minifgures to activate the artifact, and even then, they should have more.

He stood back, and put his hands a foot from each other. Between them sparked an orb of imagination, which grew larger and larger. Finally, when it was huge, he threw it out the artifact. The glyphs of the artifact lit up, and then faded. Matt grabbed a radio and said, "I am about to activate an imagination powered Myrthran artifact. If Maelstrom is involved in your bodies in any way, I strongly urge that you leave the Explorer in the next ten minutes or else you may experience... complications. If Maelstrom is not, please assist in charging the artifact."

Black nodded at Arzanyos and said, "That might work." Then, Matt's message came on threw the ship's intercom, soon after Cyrista's. Black said, "I guess that Matt's urging applies to us, with my arm and your leg. I'm leaving. What about you?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blake and Grace (Camp)

"Hoy, there you are!"

"Grace! Yeah, I'm back."

The Buccaneer gave Blake a quick hug, before pulling away and addressing him.

"Well, you heard the announcement... are you gonna go help?"

"Not this time. I'm going to stay here and keep the camp up-and-steady, you go ahead."

"Alright."

Grace nods before sprinting off, catapulting herself over the walls of the camp with help from her cap. He smiles and stands, shouting.

"Now, whoever's heading for the artifact or getting out of here, go! The rest of you, get over here!"

IC: Zagurian (Maelstrom)

"Awaken, minion... You are needed once more.."

Crimson eyes flash open. A purple hand grasps a sword, glowing with Maelstrom. Armor glows with corruption once more.

"What would you have me do?"

"Go to near the Venture Explorer, and if you feel it become pure... Attack it with everything you have, Corrupt Knight."

"I will follow you, for you have shown me the way of my errors, and changed it to power."

"Good, good.. now, GO!"

The Corrupt Knight grins in reply, and takes out his rocket once more. He blasts off, flying towards the grand ship that has become a battle site.

OOC: He's baaackkk... :D

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC:

Just a note, Zakaro. If Zagurian is onboard when the artifact is activated, he will be purified.

A female Buccaneer, and a male Samurai were the first to arrive, followed by Meredith Black, and Jack Storm. Matt said, "Just step up and pour your imagination into the device. I don't recommend doing it more than once." More Nexus Force fighters came over, and a line was formed to charge the artifact.

OOC:

Those underlined would be Grace and Rick.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: I think the Maelstrom would try for one big final push before the ship gets purified, to stop the artifact or something. Maybe that's just me.

IC: "Well, I don't care much for being crippled." quipped Arzanyos. "Let's go."

Progenitus Worldsoul

OOC:Could you find a way for the artifact to not be as powerful as it is made out to be? Because I have plans and the artifact feels like a cop-out

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:I still don't like the whole "almost purified because of the artifact" thing. Plus, you gotta give Brikman time to post before you activate it.

IC:Naturally. I run into a group of Stromlings and I just happen to have forgotten my weapons at the bridge. Oh, well, I'll just have to take them out melee.

He dashed forward, slamming his fist into the face of one Stromling, catching it by surprise and causing it to disintegrate, leaving behind a puddle of Maelstrom and the sword it had attached to its arm. Cyrista grabbed it with his left hand, as he was better at wielding swords with his left hand. He ducked, sliced, jumped, and dodged. He killed about seven more, before he was surrounded by twenty or thirty more and his sword was knocked out of his hand.

Man, I wish I had a gun or two, that would make killing them much easier.

Another message flashed across his HUD. Arm cannons activated. Within seconds, his hands and lower arms had transformed into two cannons. He smirked, then raised them, pointing at the Stromlings. He smirk grew and he started firing.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Bear in mind I only gave him permission to use the device. I gave no assurance that it would succeed as planned. :sly:I realize that we're starting to suffer from Arc Fatigue here, though, so hopefully this won't take too much longer. Two more weeks and I'll have a bit more free time; with luck, we can launch into a new arc shortly thereafter. Edited by Jacks

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Ah, good. It's true things are beginning to slow down, but I think we can last two weeks. :P

IC: Grace (Command Deck)

She steps up, creating an orb of Imagination and tossing it in. It's only about 2/3s of her total amount right now, but she'd like to keep some.

Grace then moves to the side, now sipping on a Cup of Imagination. It was amazing how many consumables Blake had attained over his time in the Force...

IC: Zagurian (Asteroid Belt)

The rocket approaches a desolate hunk of rock, about a mile from the Venture Explorer. Close enough to see any major events, but far away enough to escape any whiplashing energy or metal.

The Corrupt Knight lands on this hunk, and pulls out a pair of binoculars. This is recon only, until the ship enters a critical state that would need to be acted upon.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC:

Arc Fatigue- The whole reason why I thought up the idea for the artifact. This game has been open for just a two months and a one week. This mission has been open for two months. I am absolutely sick of this mission. I have though up several ideas for character development, and none of them can happen when all of my characters is stuck on a ship. My main character hasn't done anything but fight on the Venture. I don't recommend jumping into the next arc so quickly. Also, avmatoran, you do realize Brikman hasn't posted for over a month, right?

Black followed Arzanyos out of the control room, to the ship bay. Black moved over to his rocket, and got in it. He said to Arzanyos, "Meet you at the Launch area down below."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: I have been both busy from many things, including but not limited to, school, job, spring play, and other interests. All of this has left me burnt out. I have been somewhat following the topic, but I hope to look over it more thoroughly again this week. After this week (the end of spring play, completion of my Information Center MOC), I should hopefully get back on track.

Sorry I have been gone so long.

OOC: Ahh, theatre. Can't live with it, can't live without it. It's hard to devise plot points when all I can think of is Shakespeare. :PCanis, I fully empathize with your sentiments, having myself suffered at length from Arc Fatigue in the past. As for your concerns about starting a new arc so quickly, I understand, but I must also point out that Brikman and I have been planning the next arc since before we started the current one, and it will be considerably broader in its scope than this. And if we can all just hang in here for a while longer, pretty soon you all will be directing the story's progression just as much as we are. Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: "Got it." Arzanyos ran over to his rocket, getting in and following Black to the Launch Area. As he did so, he sent a brief message to his second in command. "Lance, you heard the announcement. I'm letting you take over for the rest of this mission. Don't worry about me, I'll meet back up once you all are done here."

IC(NPC:Lancelot Odo): The Paradox researcher nodded to his squadleader's message and headed over to the medbay, where a Mythran Artifact was being charged. Before he got into the line to charge it, he stepped over to Matt Formigan for a second. "Pretty nice artifact you got there. Are you sure it'll be safe to use? I mean, it's a Mythran artifact, and we aren't Mythrans."

Progenitus Worldsoul

Black sat down at one of the picnic tables and pulled out a bottle. It contained Anti-Mael, a special concoction Black thought up himself. He would revise the formula when he got back to his apartment. The stuff was very imagination rich, and drinking too much would get you somewhat drunk.

IC: Matthew Formigan

Matt said, "To be honest, we don't know. We have used other artifacts in the past, and nothing went wrong then. Mythrans are made out of imagination, so we can just use ours." Matt looked at the artifact, and saw the runes were glowing vividly. Just a few more charges, and it would be ready.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: "Well, this should be 'fun'." Said Arzanyos as he sat down across from Black on the bench, having rocketed down to the Gardens. "Sitting around here while the others finish the job."

IC(Odo): Lancelot shrugged. "Okay. Just in case, I'll check to see if this thing's giving off something dangerous, or attracting some unwanted attention." he headed over to a nearby computer and started to add parts to it, turning it into a scanner.

OOC: By the way, just putting this out there. If anyone wants to use my NPC's for something, they can. Just don't kill them or something like that. Also, Canis, how do you feel about a monkeywrench being thrown into this plan. An angry hammerling shaped monkeywrench.

Progenitus Worldsoul

Black started moving along the pathway, seeing the monument. It was huge, depicting the triumph of minifigs over Maelstrom. He jumped down a cliff, and went over to the tunnel, looking behind him for Arzanyos, who was close behind him.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

Was waiting for Progenitus to post.

The two Space Marauders entered the base, and went over to the Survival entrance. They took out pieces of Green Imaginate to charge it, and entered the simulation.

"It is done!" Matt grabbed the artifact, the runes of which were glowing blindly bright. Matt pointed the tip at the rear of the ship, where all of the remaining Maelstrom was, and it activated.

The sides of the artifact turned down, making it resemble a flower. They were at a 120 degree angle. In the center of the artifact was a glowing blue orb of light. Blue beams of light streamed from the petals into the ball, causing it to grow in size.

OOC:

Jacks, Brikman, this is where you mess up the firing of the device. avmatoran, I know you want the artifact to be significantly reduced in power, but honestly, you've had a week to complete any plans you had in mind.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:Actually, no, I haven't. Real Life, through many different circumstances, has kept me from posting here. Luckily, I can post right now!

IC:

The Stromlings fell apart like like a baby's block tower. They died and disintegrated all over the place. They couldn't touch him. He ducked, jumped, dodged, and shot. At one point, his cannons transformed back into his hands, except they had a piece of metal on top of it, looking like a metallic spider. They activated and created twin ovals of green energy, blocking the Stromlings' arms, clubs, and shots. Within seconds, his right hand transformed back into a cannon, leaving one shield device and one cannon. He finally shot them all, leaving them dead on the floor, not noticing as the Maelstrom he walked through absorbed into his legs.

He transformed his appendages back into regular hands and continued on the hallway. He continued welding the turrets together, fixing the circuitry and restoring the frameworks that deployed and retracted the turrets.

He walked down the hallway and turned a corner, almost running into a Stromling Mech.

Great. I run into one of the most powerful Stroming breeds here. At least, since it is one of my corrupted creations, I know its weak points.

He changed his left hand into a cannon and right hand into the shield device. He dashed forward, shooting at the robot's left arm and slicing at its head with the razor edge of his shield. The Mech dashed backwards bringing its blaster up, shooting at Cyrista. He brought his shield up, deflecting the bolt into the ceiling, creating sparks.

He suddenly remembered the Maelstrom he had stored inside his body, causing inspiration to strike. He channeled it into his arm cannon, converting it into an energy form and shot it, forming a chain of lightning between the Mech and his arm cannon. The Mech sparked and blew up, Cyrista huddling behind his shield. "That worked well," he said.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Oops, forgot about this.

IC: The setup period started for the Simulation. Arzanyos raised his blaster over his head, sending out a wave of purple energy to restore his imagination. "Never hurts to be careful." he said.

Progenitus Worldsoul

The Space Marauder tossed Arzanyos a couple bottles of Anti-Mael. He said, "Use it to recharge your imagination. Also restores a bit of your health." Black turned and saw the first Stromling coming at them. He pointed his infected arm at it, and shot off a laser, smashing it.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:ok, "life" has finally given me a good chance to join in to the rp actively! debrik is officially active!...does anyone have any ideas how I am going to get into the story without screwing everything up or looking like I don't know what I'm doing?(which I may not, but that's beside the point.)

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.