Lego Universe

Jacks

IC:Damien jumps onto his rocket, after doing all he could at the moment, returns to Nexus Tower, joins Paradox as a Space Marauder, and does 55 Avent Gardens survivals. In. A. Row.OOC: As I messaged jacks, I am currentley using my hybrid reader/tablet to type this out. As such, I can't do much typing before it overheats. Well, that's all igot for tonight.

IC(debrik):as soon as he heard the sirens, Debrik ran out of the camp to see a huge ship plummeting towards avant gardens(spelling?), headed straight for them. Debrik looked out at the battlefield full of stromlings and maelstrom."Ferp. this... this is... aah!" Debrik fell to the ground clutching his head. A vision was coming.......

.....h-help!......

...........Maelstrom! they're everywhere! I cant stop it!........

......no!NOOO!!!.......

Debrik wrenched himself upright and staggered backward." What did I just see?"

OOC:Debrik can see visions like I mentioned in his bio, but it may show him the past or the future. He can never know, unless he experiences the vision sometime later in real life.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

Ooc: Here's an idea for the next arc. One word, people: exploration. We could just explore around in the next arc with solotea,m missions, that we get from a mission board. It would be just like WoW, world of warcraft., so I, for one, would be more confortable. And wow has roughly the same type of gaming, so, it would be easier for everyone! What do you think? I suggest a vote on this when the venture arc is finished.

OOC:Actually, it sounds like Jacks and Brikman have another arc in mind already. I suggest we let them tell us the next arc.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: And if we don't want to learn about WoW?

:P

But hey, this is one of the few times you're going to be restricted to a certain zone while in-mission, I'm guessing. Most other times you can just ask a random player to make an NPC to give ya a quest and then be the Stromlings if you're looking for action.

There's lots of people here who would be willing to do that, probs best to ask one of the more average players as poor Jacks and Brikman are swamped with school and such :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC:

Draconix: You need to get back on topic, and edit the first post on this page.

IC: Alexander Black

The gauntlet that was funtioning as a robotic hand for the infected Space Marauder reformed from the nanobots that it had been made out of. Black started to run across the battlefield, and grabbed the figure.

He had just crippled over and clutched his head, "You okay?"

IC: Rage (Alternate Persona of Alexander Black)

Corruption burst through the rock that he had been trapped in. He started to walk towards the beam of light that the Black was suspended in, hand reached out, trying to touch Black.

Rockets collided with him. The Alternatre Coloration Space Maruader lowered his rocket blaster and said, "Corruption, just give up. I'm going to protect Black no matter what you do."

"Rage, you know that I have my orders!"

"Just shut up and get back in the subconscious already."

"Not without a fight!"

"Very well."

Rage leapt at Corruption, and with one punch slammed the infected Marauder into the rock of the island the alternate personalities were on.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OoC:

Well, school is over and I'm on my way to college. Considering that summer is upon me now time has finally opened up where I can get back to my writing. I feel that since the end of Dino attack RPG I’ve come to miss the fellowship that I experience on the BZPower forums. Right now my summer has thus far been filled with watching the West Wing and arrested Development on Netflix I determined that I could do something more productive with my time.

I recognize that taking part in a RPG is a big commitment but it’s worth it to work with the friends I've made in my previous endeavor. I had to think of a character that can be developed over a long period of time and a story that is filled with interesting twists and turns. Satisfied with my creation I feel I’ve mustered the confidence to once again set foot in a digital writing community.

I’m not very clear about what’s going on in the story at the moment but I can at least provide my main character and see where that will take me.

Biography: Vincent Dumouchel arrived at the Nexus force recruitment office soaking wet and caked in mud. The 21 year old seemed lost and confused but he was adamant about boarding a ship of the planet. The recruitment officers were hesitant but since the loss of a major system they recognized the need for eager volunteers. They decided to allow him to join the unit and check his background at a latter time.

As they interviewed the young recruit on the way to Ninbus station in became clear he was unfamiliar with the galactic war taking place. He lacked any form of identification and the only indication of his origin was his heavy French accent. No computer surches turned up any information about Vincent Dumouchel.

The young man was an enigma. He was quit and stand-offish, almost untrusting. He rarely spoke and he did not engage in conversations of current issues and affairs. All of his knowledge seemed to stem from a 20th century understanding of the world and his sense of fashion and dialoged was obsolete, almost classical.

He was a loss when in came to computers but no one could deny his intelligence. An avid player of chess and a skilled fencer, he was fluent in English, Latin, French, Italian, and Spanish. Dumouchel was also a capable scholar and skilled in the arts and mathematics. Some theorized that he had been trained from a very young age the merits of education and intellectual endeavors.

But he kept his past closely hidden. Over time Dumouchel became part of the Sentinel Knights and fought with a chivalry and honor that was unexpected from those outside of castle cove and other medieval domains. Many shrugged it off and accepted him for his capabilities but for others, the mysterious French youth still remained the subject of unease and suspicion.

Name: Vincent Dumouchel

Fiction: Sentinals

Class: Knight

Skills: Mathematics, Literature, Art, Language, Strategy, Swordsmanship. He lacks skills with electronics and technology including guns.

So there he is. If any of you find similarities with a curtain other mysterious stranger I assure you that the characters are quite different. I don’t know were he’ll fit in the story yet but I’ll make an effort to slip him in were he will be least intrusive for the time being.

I’ll post a picture eventually as well.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC:

Well, just found this, so I'll edit my actual LU character as I go.

Name: Quantum Metal BrickFaction:ParadoxClass: Space MarauderSkills: (editing in more soon, after I think of it) (will likely never come into use, but, likes to defeat Hammerlings (VE kind))Biography: (age -- we recommend 18 or over -- biographical info, personality, etc.) (editing in as ideas come, some actually from real life) can speak english(obviously), French, and some German, , and some Portugese, and some Russian (I honestly need to decide a 3rd language to learn in real life)

Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

OoC:

:hi-sign:

Welcome Guurakh, you and I shell be new guys together! Hopefully Jacks and Brikman can move the story forward soon so we may begin ours. I've been waiting to be acknowledged for about a week now so in till then Vincent and Quantum shell remain in a state of limbo.

A minor word of advice, it may be wise to map out a plain for were you want your character to go. Considering we may be waiting for awhile you could use this as an opportunity to develop some history. Speaking from experience, letting the plot write Quantum can lead to a Marty Sue and New powers as the plot demands.That aside, I look forward to writing with you once this show gets on the road.

If someone can acknowledge us or provide some sort of outline of the current mission that would be wonderful. I read the last few pages of the RPG but it seems the story is between arcs at the moment. I don't mean to intrude but the more information I have early on the better.

That is all

OOC:

Actually, we're at the end of the current arc right now. The ship is crashing and we are trying to slow it down enough to land instead of crash land. The Venture Explorer was filled with Maelstrom and we purified it, but because the Maelstrom was the only thing keeping it flying, it's crashing.

IC:Cyrista was walking down the corridor to the engine room when he saw a familiar Stromling peeking around the corner, it's eternal grin on its face. Cyrista snarled, transformed his right arm into a cannon, and ran after him. The Stromling kept turning corners, Cyrista following him, until it turned a corner, and when Cyrista followed, he ran right into Beth, Ariel, and Troy.

"Where'd he go?" Cyrista snarled.

"Who?" Troy asked.

"The Stromling. I just saw him turn here. He had to have passed you!" Cyrista responded, surprised.

"There aren't any Stromlings here, remember? We banished them," Ariel replied.

Cyrista growled and ran off back in the direction he came, intending to return to the engines, but also to get the Eternally Grinning Stromling.

After a few minutes, however, he thought better, slowed down, and went directly to the engines.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Sorry and welcome, that guy and rahkshi guurahk. We are at the end of the story arc and I'm in the middle of composing something of a finale to it. Hopefully, I'll stop procrastinating and finish it tonight. In the meantime, you can simply start your stories out on any of the LEGO Universe worlds, or simply appear on the Venture Explorer as if you were there the entire time. Or wait for the land. I'm not sure if the next arc will begin immediately after this one or there will be a break in between.

IC: Debrik jumped on his dirt bike and fired up the engines. if he couldn't help aboard the venture explorer, he would help on the ground and clear a landing area. He drew his sword and drove into the fray, slashing at stromlings left and right with his left hand, and steering the bike so it was driving in a circle to make a clear area for them- whoever "them" was, up on the venture explorer, trying to land it- that much he could tell, it wasn't on a normal crash course-to aim for a landing.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

OOC: Alright. This should be THE END OF THE ARC.

IC:

Sky Lane nodded before turning away Alissa to look out the Explorer’s bridge window. “Glad to hear you and your squad are still alive. As to what’s going on here, the ship’s purified and about to crash.”

Alissa grimaced. “How are we doing on stopping it? I noticed we got a buncha guys working on it.”

“We have hover bricks in place and parachutes and rockets holding us back while the techy guys bring the systems back to life,” Ness Farleigh muttered as she glanced from console screen to console screen.

“How much time left?” Alissa dared to ask.

“Not much,” Sky said grimly, checking the consoles repeatedly. We could probably make a decent crash landing. However, we haven’t gotten the controls back online yet.” Captain Lane gestured to the front cockpit window. Alissa looked and saw the battlefield of Avant Gardens approaching. Just beyond that, the Sentinel Base camp in the region. Surrounding the camp was one of the many mountains of the region that housed a tunnel that led to the Monument. Destruction was imminent if they could not redirect their course.

“How much longer do we have?” Alissa asked.

“Maybe three minutes. Three and a half tops before we touch the ground.” Ness said urgently.

“I could try and get things running, I suppose,” Alissa said to Captain Lane. “I have some understanding of electricity. If I knew where to go, I could maybe find a solution to whatever the problem is.”

“Ness and I were trying to get control of the ship earlier before we were ambushed by Stromlings-” Sky murmured.

“Join the club,” Alissa muttered quietly, remembered briefly that she had no feeling in her left arm.

“-Together, we should be able to find the problem quickly and fix it. You probably aren’t necessarily the best we got for this situation, but I’m not wasting time finding an actual technician.” Alissa shrugged, deciding to take the remark as a compliment. Sky turned to Ness. “Keep me updated. Cyrista’s should be in the engine room hook us back up.”

“Will do,” Ness muttered, tapping the radio with a finger.

“Let’s go, Kahn,” Sky commanded. Alissa barely had time to nod before Sky took off into a full sprint.. Alissa followed close behind.

Two minutes before impact

Alissa scanned the thousands of wires and cords of the Venture Explorer, trying to find a break in hope that repairing it would give the Nexus Force manual control of the ship. She felt sweat drip from the fringe of her hair. They had to find something.

“Anything new?” Alissa barked to Sky Lane, pulling wires away with quick concentration. This would be much easier if my other arm wasn’t so...dead.

“Cyrista has connected Formigan’s nuclear reactor to the engines so we can maybe fly out of this mess. Ness has sent him down here to help us,” Sky mumbled, holding her flashlight close to the wiring as she searched for a break. “Personally, I’m not sure if there is still time to just ‘fly out.’”

“I’m not willing to put my chances on him getting here in time either. We need to just find it and pray to Builder I can just smack it with my wrench and everything will be okay.”

“And you’re sure the wrench can fix the break?”

“It should. The wrench should be able to snap everything into place. It’s designed to fix and build in a punch. Even if repairing wiring isn’t necessarily building, it should still be able to repair the wire. Also, it still might be supercharged from the Imagination weapon explosion thing you told me about.”

“Alright. You better be right. We’re riding...hold on. I think I found a break! Come over here!” Alissa shuffled over to Sky, who was holding up a cable with several copper wires hanging out. Alissa quickly looked around her surroundings and soon spotted the other end.

“Alright...uh, shoot.” Alissa said, a headache beginning to form from the stress. She twisted her arm and pulled her left arm toward Sky. “Take my glove. It should prevent the wires from frying.” Sky nodded and pulled the glove from Alissa’s hand. and placed it over her own.

“What’s wrong with your arm?” Sky asked as she connected the wires.

“Worry about it later,” Alissa grumbled, pulling one of her wrenches from her waist. “Hold it steady.”

“One minute,” the voice of Ness said over Sky’s radio, an edge of panic in her voice. Alissa ignored Ness and activated the wrench over the wires. The wrench glowed a pale blue color for a second before the wires began to shower blue sparks.

“Let go,” muttered Alissa, her arm shaking. Sky’s arm retreated carefully from the wires, which now had clear blue sheen surrounding them. The wires wrapped themselves around each other and the rubber insulation of the cables expanded to cover the wires. After a few seconds, the blue glow faded.

“Ness?” Sky said quietly.

“What? Is - wait a moment...” Ness said.

The Venture Explorer was bearing down upon Avant Gardens. Even with the controls back online, there was no chance to pull the massive cruiser of Avant Gardens in time. Right now, Veteran Daredevil Ness Farleigh’s only option was to try to land the ship without destroying it or the Sentinel Base Camp. Right now, she saw one option.

“You guys on the rockets!” Ness commanded into the radio to the Nexus pilots slowing down the ship’s descent. “Help turn this ship southwest a few degrees!”

“Like on to the old highway?” One of the pilots asked.

“Exactly.” Ness turned to group of minifigs acting as pilots. “Turn it to the highway. Quickly!” The Venture Explorer shuddered and jolted, clearly still recovering from its Maelstrom wounds. However, the ship held true. With its controls now active, the ship began to redirect onto the massive bridge that once connected both ends of Avant Gardens before the Maelstrom attacked.

“Do you think the bridge will be able to hold this thing when it lands?” Blake SkyBlade remarked as he approached the command console.

“In any other circumstances, no. This highway has been busted for ages. When the ship touches the bridge, that things gonna start coming down. However, we got back up from the hover bricks to hopefully stop the thing from just falling down. The landing gear is damaged and we’re too low to just pull this flying mess out of Avant Gardens, to the highway will have to do.”

“Where are we going to reach a stop, exactly?” Matthew Formigan asked. “Isn’t there a curve? Are we slowed down enough not to go off of it?”

“It’s gonna be close,” Ness said, pulling up a holographic map of Avant Gardens and gestured to the space beyond the highway. “If we do overshoot it, at least its a flat little plain in a valley instead of a giant rock to crash into.”

One of the console screens flashed a dark shade of red while a monotonous feminine voice echoed throughout the ship.

“COLLISION IMMINENT. BRACE FOR IMPACT.”

The Venture Explorer smashed into the highway with a loud, deafening rumble. Everyone on board was thrown off their feet as the ship slid through the wrecked highway. The bridge shuddered and moaned in agony as the Venture Explorer passed over it. Behind the Explorer, massive sections bridge collapsed. After a minute of destructive sliding, the ship finally slowed to a screaming halt. The ship gave a loud painful creak.

"Is it over?" Rick Spears asked uncertainly. The creaking grew louder as gravity seemed to shift toward the Venture Explorer's nose.

"Come on..." Ness muttered, hoping the hover bricks would hold the ship up from fall face first into the ground below the highway. Finally, the creaking seized and the ship seemed to tip back to a 180 degrees angle, or close to. She just sat and waited several minutes, praying the bridge wouldn't give out. After nearly five minutes of no change, Ness gave a long sigh of relief. The hover bricks had saved them.

“Is anybody alive?” the voice of Commander Beck Strongheart asked with uncertainty over the radio.. “The Sentinel Air Fleet is on it’s way to put out the fires you started all over the ship due to your ‘landing’".

Ness rose shakily to her feet and glanced down to the other Nexus Force members. They were definitely rattled, but most seemed to be alright. No doubt some had been injured by the crash, but they could be dealt with.

“We’re alive,” Ness breathed. “Just a happy little landing.”

OOC: Alright, the arc's over. Everyone can finally leave the ship.

Edited by Brikman McStudz

iC:

The Venture Explorer was originally nothing more then a spot of light moveing rapidly threw the cosmos of space above Avant gardens. If it were not for the directional change Vincent would have easily mistaken it for one of many meteorites streaking threw space.

He stood atop the partition surrounding the sentinel base camp gripping his halberd tightly. It was sunrise and he had been stationed on the wall for most of the night keeping watch on the stromlings meandering beyond.

He hadn’t gottan many chances to look at the stars in his youth. The vastness of the universe was unfathomable. It was why he had volunteered, so he could experience the adventures he had only read about in books. But now that Vincent was out in the world and it felt almost too real, his senses were overloaded with sights and sounds that had previously been kept from him.

As he watched the meteorite continue its approach toward the planet it became clearer that it was not merely a rock he was gazing at. Squinting his eyes he could make out the outline of a ship in the soft dawn light, rapidly baring down on the base camp.

His eyes were affixed on the Venture Explorer as it cut threw the sky. He glanced along the parapets and quickly discovered that all the other guards standing watch were also transfixed. The ship continued it’s rapid decent and the silent hypnotic trance was slowly replaced by gasps of panic. Vincent tracked the ship as it shot across the horizon and passed directly over his head. The shadow flew over the base camp like a cloud and collided somewhere in the mountains beyond.

There was a thundering crash that shook the foundation of the wall and the stromlings lifted their sulking headss in alarm. With a newfound drive they dispersed in search of the crash sight.

A fellow rookie jogged along the wall to join Vincent. Smoke was beginning to rise from were the ship presumably landed and already Sentinel aircraft were lifting of to investigate.

“What do you suppose that was?” asked Vincent to one of his comrads. He was twenty-one, the same age as he was and the two shared a sense of naivety about the world.

“I don’t know.” Muttered his friend, he continued to look over at the mountains where the ship had crashed. “I imagine the officers have been tracking it for awhile but no one thought about telling us holding down the fort.

“We are just red shirts after all.” Chucked Vincent’s comrade. Vincent gave an inquisitive look and his friend brushed aside the statement. “We’re not leaders mate; we’re the ones in the trenches. The numbers running behind the heroes, if you will.”

Vincent appeared to have drifted off. A far of look was glimpsed on his face as he continued to look over at the pillar of smoke. “I’ve been stranded here for almost a month and I’ve barely left this wall. The gardens are a nice place to be if you like being a rookie for your whole life but I want to be something more then that! I want to have stories to tell and quests to go on! Not just stand guard in till this wall falls down.”

Vincent’s friend put his hand on his shoulder. “Where on earth did you learn to talk like that? I’m telling you, we’re lucky to have such a plush station. If we stay here, we can survive! Forget about that urge to be a hero man! Focus on staying alive!”

Vincent brushed him off and started walking away. “I’m going to see what just happened. I might be able to learn something.”

“Don’t abandon your post!” yelled Vincent’s friend. “There are rules to uphold!”

He turned and looked back up at the parapet. “I’m tired of rules. That’s why a joined Nexus force.”

The comrade on the wall, perplexed by the statement, considered for a moment. “What on earth is that supposed to mean?”

But by then, he stood alone. Vincent Dumouchel had left to investigate the crash sight.

OoC:

Alrighty then, I’m in the story! Feel free to interact with Vincent, either on the way to the crash sight or just skip right to when he gets there.

That is all

IC:Cyrista clambered out of the engine room. The last little bit of the ship had fallen off, including the engine room, and was laying a few hundred yards behind the rest of the ship. It had tilted quite alarmingly, and therefore had to climb up to be able to cut a hole in the side and look out. Sentinels were beginning to swarm the ship, helping people get out, and their air force was flying around, shining spotlights and putting out fires.

The majority of the Sentinels were around the main part of the ship, and it seemed due the danger of damaged engines leaking who-knows-what fluids, everyone but him had stayed out of the engine section, and therefore he was the only one in the small detached section. Therefore, no help was needed, and nobody was around the rear section he was in.

Scratch that, it appeared one Sentinel, a Knight, was curious enough to see what was in the rear section. He saw Cyrista's head poking out from the hull, his arms resting on the hull, holding him up.

"You need any help?" he asked Cyrista.

"No, I got it, um. Okay, I don't know your name," Cyrista replied.

"Vincent Dumouchel. You?" the Knight replied.

"Matthew Cyrista. Hold on a second." Cyrista's head lowered into the ship, then his head and the rest of his body snapped up, hoisting himself up with his arms. He set his feet on the ship and jumped towards the ground, landing with his knees bent to absorb the impact.

"Oh, I know you! You're that one guy, the one who does all the weapons. I've heard you do good work," Vincent said.

"That's what people say," Cyrista replied.

OOC:

I don't really know what Vincent would ask/talk about, so I'm leaving that up to that guy.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: Blake & Grace (Leaving Explorer)

The Engineer sighed in relief from where he stood by the now-deactivated rockets. The Explorer hadn't fallen deep into the valley, and it looked like most people weren't hurt.

Even as Grace came up to one side of him, Blake was already ripping apart the rockets and other assorted pieces to create a long, ramshackle bridge, with trusses and the sot to keep it up. Now sipping a cup of Imagination, he shouted to the groups of Minifigures still hanging around.

"Alright, if you aren't someone with a specific mission or task to do that I don't know about, then head on out. This is strong enough to get everyone off, but I'm keeping it up with my personal supply of Imagination, so please hurry."

As he finished, he left along with Grace and other Minifigs, stopping once he was on solid ground and turning to maintain focus on the temporary bridge.

"I'll help."

The Engineer turned to see Grace stepping up beside him, smiling a little. She placed her hands on his arms and gave him the Imagination, which Blake focused onto the bridge. It felt oddly right..

Lost in thought, Blake continued to smile at the people leaving while also keeping the ramshackle pieces together and in the air.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

iC:

Vincent nodded his head in acknowledgement and stepped past Cyrista to admire the wrecked husk of the Venture Explorer. The fuselage had been separated from the engines and the sparks shot from the wires that once connected the two halves of the ship.

Cyrista shrugged and took position beside Dumouchel. “So what are you doing around here Dumouchel?” inquired Cyrista. “You’re accent would lead me to believe you’re French.”

“I am.” Replied Dumouchel flatly without taking his eyes of the ship. “What happened here? Why did the ship crash? I thought that capital ships of this size had all sorts of fail safes to prevent these kinds of breakdowns.”

“I did.” Responded Cyrista. “Me and a team were clearing the craft of Mealstrom influence. Unfortunately, that was the only thing keep it alive and we lost control not long after. You did not answer my question by the way, you never said why you were here.”

“I saw the crash and I thought I could help.” Dumouchel answered. “Are you alright?”

“Nothing a few repairs won’t fix,” said Cyrista. “But that’s not what I meant. What brought you out of France?”

Dumouchel turned so that he could avoid the gaze of Matthew Cyrista. “There was a war going on. I volunteered so I could serve my planet.”

Cyrista smirked. “That’s not why you enlisted. I can spot a fib from a mile away. What are you hiding?”

“Nothing!” said Dumouchel quickly. For a moment Cyrista could spot a glimmer of fear in his eyes. It was quickly replaced with a more characteristic dispassion.

Cyrista shrugged. “Don’t worry about it, everyone here is lying about something. I won’t even begin to tell you some of the secrets I’ve kept in my time.”

There was a smile that crossed Dumouchel’s face but it was easy to tell that it was not genuine. Cyrista quickly changed the subject.

“So I make weapons, I hear you’ve heard of my work. I’m one of the largest benefactors of Nexus technology.”

“Only recently,” responded Dumouchel. “I’ve only been familiar with your contributions in the last month.”

“Really?” said Cyrista as he raised an eyebrow. “I’ve been active in the business for over a year now.”

Dumouchel said flatly. “I had no way of knowing that.”

“Fair enough.” Replied Cyrista with a shrug. “Let’s head over to where the main crash site is. I want to meet up with some of the other crew members and get things straightened out. After something as big as the Venture Explorer gos down, one has many things to talk about.”

Vincent Dumouchel nodded his head. “I saw a lot of stromlings were attracted to the crash. The commotion is likely to draw them it. We should be mindful.”

Cyrista smiled. “Alright, let’s go.”

That is all

OOC: Look at the top of page, let's forget I did it then and I'm gonna collect those hoverbricks now...Ic:"Well, landing successful...might as well recover my hover bricks" Damien says to no one in particular, getting off the wall of the room where highly heavy armor messed up own gravity, with the g forces thus able to throw into said wall. "And ow." Damien said, going to the hover bricks, seeing they are stuck. "Oh, come on already! I am sick of my hover bricks getting stuck! Unless they are hit with a maelstrom blast they won't get un-stuck! I hate it when this happens." Damien muttered to himself, activating his helmets HUD and calling pretty much everyone on the ship. "Hey, can some Paradox sorcerers get on the hull and the top? My hover bricks are stuck, I need low power maelstrom blasts to get them unstuck. Also, can someone get my sister? She just left the ship and is heading to a...is that the spiderling cave? Why would she head there? She is scared to death of spiders!" Damien muttered the last bit to himself. "Almost forgot ! When every single hover brick is unstuck, take them to the nexus tower. I'm going to be exploring that shard of the nexus." Damien informed any and all sorcerer's on the venture explorer. As he got in his rocket, he went to the tower, then joined paradox as space marauder, keeping only current gear, and started to explore, immediately finding what seemed to be a strange little stromling dog of some sort. "Ah, sweet! Of all the rare things to find, a maelstrom pet is in the top 2 things I would find! Hey there little guy, wanna come with me?" Damien said, holding out his left hand. The maelstrom dog looked at the hand, and licked it. "Hey stop! That tickles!" Damien said, and the maelstrom dog leaped onto the weapon. "Ok little guy, I'm gonna take that as a yes. I'm gonna call you...Stroo'vonx, after my own dog..." Damien says to the maelstrom dog, when suddenly it did the same thing with its head that Stroo'vonx did, and suddenly, Damien realizes that it is his dog turned stromling. "Stroo'vonx!? Haha! I dont believe this! You actually survived all that maelstrom energy like me, and what's more, your here with me again! Sarah won't believe this when I tell her!" Damien said, returning to the nexus tower, with Stroo'vonx walking right next to. However, since the tower had guards now...they attacked Stroo'vonx, and Damien used the vengeance to block the attacks. "Hey you! No maelstrom things allowed!" One guard, a Daredevil yelled to me. "This 'thing' as you called him is my pet dog Stroo'vonx! And he is coming inside with me. I left my rocket inside, and if you won't get out of the way...I will make you get out of the way..." Damien says, the vengeance turning into a gunblade, a weapon that is bit gun and sword. "Ok that thing just better not infect anyone..." the guard said, getting out of the way, and Stroo'vonx jumped onto the weapon. "Thank you. Oh, and I'm Damien Krezs." Damien said as he walked inside, and got to his rocket, seeing that an Assembly person was tinkering with the power core. "No, don't touch the power core! Its pure maelstrom energy from the shard I lived on! I yelled to the person, who dropped the wrench into the power core. "Oh come on! Stroo'vonx, down! Damien ordered., and after the infected dog got off, changed weapon into its old original use: the claw grabber for when the power core, back home, was still in testing phases. As Damien lifter the power core, he put a gauntlet on one hand using teeth, and then reaching in safely, getting the wtench out, and handing it back, putting power core back inside fixing it entirely. "Never touch my rocket again...its design renders it too unpredictable for others." Damien said to the assembly member.OOC: ok and damien open for interaction...

Edited by ToaDraconixMahvi

OoC:

I made some minifigures of Vincent Dumouchel today. One in casual attire and another in armor. Note that he wares a bowler hat while in action but the hair prohibited me from showing it on his head. The same gos for the skull cap he has with the casual outfit.

Considering that Vincent is French, he is something of a romantic, hence the flowers he carries. His extensive reading of classical literature has also greatly influenceds his views on social interaction.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Scodonius/Minifigures2/vincent_casual.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Scodonius/Minifigures2/vincent_armor.jpg

That is all

OOC: No hard feelings, Draconix. Welcome back! It might help us a bit if you could split your longer posts into paragraphs, though.And it is an honor to have that guy with us as well.Brikman, thanks for wrapping that up. It's better than what I would've come up with.IC: Ness threw her coat -- still wet but not dripping -- over her shoulder and jogged down from the bridge to the midsection, where the hull had split. Already many of the minifigs around her were working on repairing the breach. She absentmindedly contributed a few bricks before stepping out onto the long, winding ramp Blake and Grace had constructed. Linus met her at the foot of the ramp."Typhonus's bones, Farleigh, but that was a bit of a rough parking job."The corners of Ness's mouth briefly twitched upward in amusement. "Sorry. I wasn't expecting to be the one bringing her in. Captain Lane's intimate knowledge of the Explorer was abruptly required by dear Dr. Cyrista."----Sky Lane's first objective was to pay a visit to the Sentinel outpost to make contact with the Tower."The reports we've gotten so far have been somewhat conflicted," Vanda Darkflame said. "So did you succeed in the mission, or not?"Sky paused, considering her choice of words carefully. "Well ma'am, we did purify the ship..." Edited by Jacks

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: Alexander Black, Benjamin Grimpen, Jack Storm, Matthew Formigan, and Meredith Black

Black opened the door to his apartment, and walked in, collapsing onto his couch. "Ah, it's nice to be home." Matt grabbed Black's left arm and started to scan it. Black looked at him and said, "What are you doing?"

"Your arm wasn't purified in the blast from Artifact 37."

"It's always not purified under anything."

"That was a pure blast of Mythran Imagination. If anything could have purified this, that would have."

"But it didn't."

"The energies here. They're ... synthetic?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your arm is artificially created Maelstrom."

"Why would something like that be done?"

"Um. I have to go tell my superiors."

"What was that all about?"

"I don't know."

"Yes you do."

"SHH!"

"Um, I have something to say."

"What?"

"I'm leaving to train under Vanda in the Forbidden Valley for a month."

"How long have you known?"

"Found out on the ship."

The three guys were lazing around, watching a race on TV when Matt came back.

"Where's Meredith?"

"Packing up. She's going to train in the Forbidden Valley with Vanda."

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

iC:

Dumouchel trailed behind Cyrista as they departed the tail section of the Venture Explorer. It was easy traveling but they had much ground to cover. Since Cyrista was the only one in the engine section of the ship many thought locating the wreck was a low priority. In addition, since it had been a mid-air breakup there was no control over where the engine components landed. With no means of ensuring a safe landing some simply assumed that no one could have survived the impact.

Dumouchel looked up at the pillar of smoke rising above the sky were the main body of the ship had crashed. Cyrista appeared to be heading toward it.

“How far do you suppose we have to travel?” enquired Dumouchel as he surveyed the steep peaks set before them. “We should head to the Sentinel Base Camp. It’s much closer and we will not have to contend with Stromlings on the way.”

“I beg to differ.” Responded Cyrista. “The other crew members on the ship are no doubt wondering what happened to me. I’m getting pour reception in the mountains so I will need to affirm my survival in person. They are probably looking for me.”

“Matthew,” began Dumouhcel. “I believe you are more seriously injured then you would wish to believe. You may not feel pain now but it is sure to set in if you strain yourself. We will never make it over that ridge without worsening your condition.”

Cyrista chuckled. “Honestly Vincent, I’m fine. I’ve been threw a lot worse then this.”

“With all due respect,” said Dumouchel earnestly. “You just fell out of the sky hanging on to an unstable engine unit. Even if you do not believe it I think you must get medical attention. You can contact the captain once we reach the base camp. Some members of the Venture explorer may already be there.”

Cyrista did not seem convinced. “It’s important that I evaluate the situation as soon as possible. I may not be in the line of command but I need to know what happened. The best way to do that is speak with Captain Lane immediately!”

“It was a mid-air breakup.” Pleaded Dumouchel. “The other part of the ship could be miles away! Crossing the woods could take hours. Please, let me take you to base camp and you can catch up there. Once you are tended to.”

“Dose your comlink work?” asked Cyrista suddenly

Dumoucel shrugged. “I have not tried. I’m not very good with these kids of gadgets. You must know what to do.”

Cyrista nodded and accepted Dumouchel’s radio. As he did so something rustled in the tree line. There was a load drone and the sound of a tree collapsing. Birds took to the skies in panic

“What was that?” asked Dumouchel cautiously.

“Our voices probably attracted some unwelcome company. Do you have any weapons?”

“Only my sword,” Answered Dumouchel. “We should make a run for the engines. We could hold out in the wreck until help arrives.”

Matthew Cyrista shook his head. “No, we’re be overtaken. We’re on our own for the moment. It’s probably nothing we can’t handle.”

At that moment a Stromling burst out of the ground and grabbed Dumouchel by the ankle. He yelped in alarm and quickly stabbed his sword into the creatures face. It burst into purple flame as Cyrista took a battle stance.

Out of the foliage stumbled a dozen Stomlings and what appeared to be a very angry stromling mech.

That is all

OoC:

Really? Three posts in and I already have a continuity issue! Well let's just say that they are few hundred yards away but sight range is blocked by a ridge. Close enogh for a jog but far enogh that you can't just wave you're arms.

For everyone else who does not know me. This is bound to happen frequently.

That is all

IC:

Alissa Kahn walked out of the Venture Explorer groggily, her head spinning from the ships harsh landing into the highway. Beside her walked Captain Lane, beaming slightly from the relative success of the mission.

"Good work, Kahn," Lane said with a grin, patting Alissa on the back. "Putting together the final piece that saved our behinds. 'Ship's busted though."

"Can you repair it?" Alissa asked curiously.

"It'll take a few months, but I think we can rebuild it provided the pieces that make it up haven't been damaged beyond use. I'd certainly like to be able to take the ol' Explorer back into space."

"Hopefully," Alissa said, only half paying attention. Now that the Explorer was grounded, Alissa was far more concerned with making sure her arm wasn't completely paralyzed. In addition, thinking of her arm brought back the ambush in the ship. Something about it was more unnerving than a paralyzed arm and severely broken leg.

"Hopefully," Lane repeated. "Well, I need to go inform the Faction Leaders of our success." Lightly tapping Alissa's left arm, Lane also added. "There's probably a medic or two down at the Sentinel Camp. I recommend heading there for your arm."

Alissa chuckled lightly. "Sounds like a good idea." With a brief salute to the Captain, Sky Lane departed Alissa's at the base of the Explorer landing ramp. Alissa glanced up and down the highway. She wanted to find Ariel and make sure he was alright. I guess I'll also find that Troy fellow. she added internally with a mixture of mild amusement. That annoying Knight had grown on her a bit. Perhaps they are already at the camp.

She found that numerous elevator-like lifts had been constructed at the edge of the highway to transparent Minifigs, especially injured, to the ground with ease. She was transported down to the Sentinel Camp, where she found a sizable crowd had built up, trying to either reach medically attention or get of the camp to get to a launch pad to get off Avant Gardens to recuperate. Alissa shuffled through the crowd, hoping to find her brother soon.

"Alissa!" a familiar voice called out. She circled around around until her brother embraced her tightly. She grinned and pushed him away. Ariel's helmet was off, revealing short, black hair with a thick goatee on his chin. "I hear you helped set the ship on course not to blow up it and a bunch of people into a million pieces."

"It wasn't anything, really," Alissa muttered. "Just needed to connect some wires."

"Well those wires saved our lives!" the booming voice of Troy Hoffman barked, slapping Alissa hard on the back. Alissa grimaced in pain before turning to the beaming Knight.

"Yes, it is all great. We're not dead," Alissa said with a edge of harshness.

"Still the same ol' Alissa, clearly!" Troy said heartily. Alissa rolled her eyes. "Have you seen anyone about your arm yet?"

"Exactly what I was about to do."

"There a station near the tunnel that goes to the monument," Ariel said, gesturing in the direction. "There should be a couple of docs over there."

"Thanks," Alissa said, nodding her head to her brother before heading off in that direction.

OOC

Ooh, I'm going to join.

Name: Hawk NovablastFaction: SentinelClass: Rank 3 Space RangerSkills: Piloting, TechnologyBiography: Hawk Novablast eagerly enlisted into the Nexus Force at the age of 18, and became a Nexus Force Astronaut, and assigned to the Ascension Spire. After 3 years of working on the ship, it was (as you know) attacked by the Maelstrom, and he was the last minifigure to escape from the ship. He took his rocket to Nimbus Station and enlisted into the Sentinels, where he became a Space Ranger. He was assigned to Crux Prime, and given a Nexus Force Dropship, which he named The Nexus Talon. He successfully completed many missions, until one fateful day, when he was 32 years old. His squad leader was corrupt, and sent him and his fellow squadmates into a suicide mission against an pack of Maelstrom Dragon Invaders. He was the only survivor, and his ship crashed in Aura Mar. Barely alive, he was found by a Sentinel Knight and taken back to Nexus Tower. Since then, he's worked alone, and not interacted or spoken to anyone very often at all. He's worked on Crux Prime for 17 years, and its began to take its tole.

Current Age: 38

Edited by VECaptainMax

OOC:No, it's been around longer then five. Probably longer than twenty. I think. Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Welcome, VECaptainMax! Although avmatoran is correct, you will still need to edit your chronology, if only slightly. The Maelstrom has been around for an undetermined number of decades, as has the Nexus Force, but certainly well over five years. However, the corruption of the Venture Explorer was much more recent -- sometime around late 2008. Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You