BIONICLE MAFIA II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Xaeraz

Thanks, Xae! Nevermore hasn’t responded to any of my attempts to figure out if he still wanted to do this, so I assumed direct control and took over. I’ve wanted to host a game forever, but haven’t gotten to yet. Also, apparently my name was Protalfig at some point. =P

So, without further ado,

BIONICLE MAFIA II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

The normally music-filled streets in Le-Koro were silent. Every musician had put down their instruments to remember the tragedy that happened in Ta-Koro earlier that week. One question was on everybody’s mind, where will the Traitors appear next?

Tavahka quietly shut the door behind him. This hut hadn’t been used for years, and the lights inside had long been broken. Four beings stood in the shadows in front of him. He knew every one of them, and he would have never guessed that they were all Traitors, and all so very cliché.

Before Tavahka even opened his mouth, two hands wrapped around his neck, and then it was over before it ever began. A fifth traitor stood behind him, and Tavahka hit the ground hard.

The matoran on the left chuckled, as they all began to pick up the pieces of their fake hideout. This was far too obvious a place for the Followers of Makuta to stay. He turned and looked at the body of his former friend, and wished that Tavahka hadn’t gotten tangled up in all this. The next moment, they all were gone, vanished into the streets of Le-Koro. They would keep quiet until the next night, and then they would begin their conquest.

The next morning, the matoran all gathered at the town hall. There, on the door, was a green mask, with a red M scratched on the surface. Their questions had been answered. The Traitors were here, and they would strike again.

RULES:

(Shamelessly mostly taken from Xaerrogant)

I will PM you your role. If you don't get a PM, you are a villager. You are to confirm your role once you get it by replying to my PM.

You are not allowed to reveal any roles. Revealing roles will result in you getting thrown into the lava. You are not allowed to say "I didn't get a pm" in the topic, because then I'll have to redistribute roles. You are not allowed to break the rules and get caught in the process. You may not ask me how the Healer heals. It’s a secret to everybody!

I am also going to make this a little different then in the last game. I will give you a few people who have airtight alibis for the scene. I do soever hate baseless accusations. (Oh, who am I kidding, they are the best parts of Mafia.)

ROLES:

5 4 3 Traitors (Mafians)

1 Captain of the Gukkos (Detective)

1 Healer (Medic)

Traitors/Mafians murder once per night. I will accept any sort of majority vote at the end of the night period, but I would prefer if everyone agreed and sent me PMs before then.

The Captain/Detective gets to ask me one person's role each night.

The Mechanic/Doctor gets to repair one matoran per night. If that matoran was killed that night, he or she will come back alive.

SPOTS:

1. Xearrogant OM NOM NOM'd, Villager

2. Eye of Sauron Lynched By Ko-Koro, Villager

3. Valendale

4. Krelsin Punched Backward in Time, Villager

5. -Toa Lhikevikk-

6. Taka Nuvia Deaded, Traitor

7. Spiritmaster Veigar Spirited away, villager

8. Lloyd: the White Wolf

9. Zarkar0% Traitor'd, Villager

10. Norik Astartes

11.The Affably Evil Automaton Thrown on a pile of bodies, VIllager

12. Negative Lynched, Traitor

13. BZP Blade

14. Constructman Lynched, Villager

15. GATANUI IS AWESOME

16. Elemental Ussal Ascended, Villager

17. Kohrak Kal17

18. DoctorCouch Butterfly'd, Villager

19. Gavroche

Edited by Portalfig
  • Upvote 1

Spot 4 please.

"I will give you a few people who have airtight alibis for the scene."

I'll see how it goes, but from personal experience, it's a bit more interesting if you add more roles that make the gameplay more interesting.

From a certain mafia site I probably can't mention, there's a villager who appears guilty to investigative roles, and a mafia role that appears innocent to investigative roles. There is also a mafia role which makes someone look guilty that night, and a mafia role that makes a fellow mafia look innocent that night.

Roles that are especially fun to play with are neutral ones.

I'll see what you have planned, I just personally think that the setup needs more roles to spice it up.

Insert fancy signature here.

Hey, sonny, look here. Now, I know you kids these days are all about the strange roles in the mafia games, like the Cults and the Sheriffs and the Godfathers, but you know what? Back in my day, we didn't have any roles! We had villagers, and that was it. We didn't even have a mafia to kill us in the night, no, we had to do that ourselves. And you know what else? We liked it!

Uphill! Both ways! Blinding snow! In July!

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Spot 4 please.

"I will give you a few people who have airtight alibis for the scene."

I'll see how it goes, but from personal experience, it's a bit more interesting if you add more roles that make the gameplay more interesting.

From a certain mafia site I probably can't mention, there's a villager who appears guilty to investigative roles, and a mafia role that appears innocent to investigative roles. There is also a mafia role which makes someone look guilty that night, and a mafia role that makes a fellow mafia look innocent that night.

Roles that are especially fun to play with are neutral ones.

I'll see what you have planned, I just personally think that the setup needs more roles to spice it up.

Well, where I am going with that is fairly simple. Up until last game, every one of these Mafia games were done pretty much the same. Or at least as far as how the villagers lynched people. Every game had three or four people who were suspected of doing the murder, and everyone would vote on that. Last game though, Xaerrogant flipped things on their heads and stuck them in a toaster by not giving us any sort of suspect list at all.

Now, I was a Mafian that game, and to be honest I felt way over powered. The villagers had almost no idea who to kill, and so the other Mafians and I could work in almost complete peace. I was never really a fan of the old way to do it, so for this game I am just trying something different to replace them both. Once the Mafians and the villagers are blanched is when I would add more roles. That is, assuming I host another game. =P

All those roles sound great, though, and I do believe that most of them have never been done in a BZP Mafia game before. I would be okay with them showing up in a future game. But first, let's finish this one up. =P

@Tavahka: Fair enough. The game will go in three paths:If day 1, villager is dead: detective claims and outs his report. A mafia might counterclaim. If mafia doesn't counterclaim, doctor keeps healing detective who keeps feeding reports. If counterclaim, doctor should heal someone who isn't a detective claim. Mafia can kill the detective, thus sacrificing the one who counterclaimed, and thus stopping reports, leaving the only clear left and only remaining evidence is who the doctor is. If mafia doesn't sacrifice, claims from both sides continue until a lynch or lose situation.If day 1, detective is killed, you have to wait until lynch or lose to narrow down and reveal the doc, unless there are saves. This will still likely end in a game of chance.If day 1, doc dies, you have to hope detective stays alive while reports happen. Once detective reveals himself, he will be counterclaimed. Then you can find out innocents from shared reports, and go from there. This situation is the same as if detective doesn't claim except with one less clear.So no, you don't really need any outside manipulation, but we shall see.

Insert fancy signature here.

Yes, it is! =D

You've been added, we are so close! I am currently poking a bunch of people who have participated before to join us. I just poked Lloyd and I am about to poke Taka Nuvia and Ddude. Maybe we could start soon, but I need your help! Poke all of your friends today to join in on this deadly game! Warning, side effects may include: death, bloodlust, allergies, nausea, or baldness. Please check with your doctor before playing BIONICLE MAFIA II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.

Okay guys, It has been ten days since this topic was started, and we still have seven slots to fill. As I figure, there are two plans of action here. If everybody invited one person, then we could finish up these final few spots. Or, I could lower the limit of people down to 20 and then we would only need two more people. Any thoughts?

I guess I could just let it die, but I don't want it to!

Okay, I dropped the number down to 20, and killed a Traitor off already. I will wait another day, and tomorrow whether you like it or not I am starting the game, okay? >=D

@Blade: I must've been playing too much Zelda recently, didn't even notice it. =P