And I'm back with another BZPRPG character. This time it's Kal Grochi (Otter)'s character Raxa; master assassin sharpshootin' Toa of Crystal. Being the awesome friend that I am, I sorta kinda managed to get this done slightly a bit late... sorta...

Yeah.

Well, I was busy removing the crystal shards from my back after he shot me.

Anyway, this is actually an older sketch that I finally got around to coloring. As such, the style is a bit different from my more recent works, but I'm very pleased with how this came out. Like. I'm seriously loving my own art. Is that a bad thing? Anyway, clickable thumbnail...

8421633153_a328135589_m.jpg

(Warning: over 9 mb file size)

I seriously had fun drawing this, and I only dislike the shadow, which I couldn't quite get right.

Comments and criticism greatly appreciated.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

er mah gerd it's finally done er mah gerd i remember this uncoloured er mah gerd it's raxa. er mah gerd those colours er mah gerd the slightly derpy looking left foot but who cares because er mah ge-- Wait There's a crossbow missing in there! xP
... ... ... ... ... welp *goes to find wall to slam head against* Anyway... Yeah, forgot the crossbow. It er... fell into a black hole, as such, it got sucked from the drawing and- Okay, I forgot it. Another thing, this drawing was a bit of an experiment with different techniques I learned from searching around the interwebz.
Yo, that's some col artwork man. Wish I can do that.
All it takes is practice. Ha, at times, I shudder while flipping through some of my earlier works. But then again, they show how far I've come since. Just like anything else, the more you do it, the better you get at it.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

The drawing is pretty cool and I like the style, but there is a problem! The Toa that is leaning on the wall looks like he is floating, it would be nice if you added some kind of shading on the wall he is leaning on to give it some depth and then add some darker value on the Toa. After you do that, you can show the differences in the values and it will give it more depth. So far, I believe you are on the right step! Keep up the good work and continue on being an artist!

Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

The drawing is pretty cool and I like the style, but there is a problem! The Toa that is leaning on the wall looks like he is floating, it would be nice if you added some kind of shading on the wall he is leaning on to give it some depth and then add some darker value on the Toa. After you do that, you can show the differences in the values and it will give it more depth. So far, I believe you are on the right step! Keep up the good work and continue on being an artist!

Lehvorak

This is exactly what my problem with the shading was. I wasn't able to get both the shadow and value consistant, and after a few hours spent on the computer, I really wasn't up for going back and deleting that layer. Given that this was also one of my earlier sketches, the perspective is a bit funky, adding to that "floating" effect a bit. Hopefully, in some of my more recent works, I can correct these mistakes.

Thanks for the comment! Every little bit helps. :)

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

• 4 weeks later...
My Thoughts

hopefully they serve you well for learning and improving in the future.

I'm absolutely certain they will. Thanks [a bunch!] for taking the time to review my work, it's really not every day that I get such an indepth critique, and I'm definitely going to use them in future works. Again, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

My Thoughts

hopefully they serve you well for learning and improving in the future.

I'm absolutely certain they will. Thanks [a bunch!] for taking the time to review my work, it's really not every day that I get such an indepth critique, and I'm definitely going to use them in future works. Again, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this.

It is what I do. So do not even mention it.

Nice drawing. I especially like the details on the body. Th mask looks a bit too small, and so does the feet, but that is still a good drawing.

Thanks for the reply!

I tried to use more human-like proportions in this drawing, as I always thought that the sets had gigantic feet and big heads. (As well as gorilla arms, but that's another thing.)

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Nice drawing. I especially like the details on the body. Th mask looks a bit too small, and so does the feet, but that is still a good drawing.

Thanks for the reply!

I tried to use more human-like proportions in this drawing, as I always thought that the sets had gigantic feet and big heads. (As well as gorilla arms, but that's another thing.)

so i'm not the only one :D Nice drawing, I can see the twin suns in the corner, and...that color :OMG:

Previously known as Aiwendil.