Hello everyone! This is my first MoC post in a long time (since even before the forums went down) and it's very outdated. I have a lot more MoCs I would like to post that are very recent and are much better than this one, but I was only able to take pictures of this one at the time being. So, without further adeu, I give you, Levasti!

img_1088.jpg

|

img_1089.jpg_thumb.jpg | img_1091.jpg_thumb.jpg | img_1092.jpg_thumb.jpg | img_1094.jpg_thumb.jpg |

That's it. Comments, constructive criticism, and the like would be appreciated.

-CM

Ah, this guy. Well, obviously the main feature of Levasti is the wings, so I will go straight to them. I personally think that they would look better with four Skrall blades per wing, but I doubt that you have them (Tuma had four, the Star Skrall had two), and they still look really good with three blades per wing. Another thing that I like is the sword: the curved I-don't-know-what-you-call-thems on the sides almost give it a medieval feel. The custom torso is nice, but the think that the lack of armor doesn't look particularly good (maybe that lime-green Toa Nuva chest armor from one of the Exo-Force sets would do it), but then again, the holes on the top would increase drag, and the way that Levasti is armored (no idea if this is intentional or not) makes it seem like he is supposed to be pretty aerodynamic flying forwards (like in the last picture that you linked to). Another thing is the Zamor sphere launcher on the back: it almost looks like a jet pack, which would be pretty pointless considering the fact that he has wings :P ... Overall, good job!

neat! I really like the chest design and the wings.

Thanks! I spent a veeeeery long time trying to get the chest to fit together the way it did, and I even made sure that there could be a peg of some kind sticking out of Levasti's back for purposes that I could implement later. :D

Wings are cool, torso could use some work.

Thanks about the wings, but I'm not quite sure what you mean about the torso. Are you referring to its lack of bulking armor like Infrared pointed out? Because there's none there because he's supposed to be very aerodynamic. Please clarify.

Ah, this guy. Well, obviously the main feature of Levasti is the wings, so I will go straight to them. I personally think that they would look better with four Skrall blades per wing, but I doubt that you have them (Tuma had four, the Star Skrall had two), and they still look really good with three blades per wing. Another thing that I like is the sword: the curved I-don't-know-what-you-call-thems on the sides almost give it a medieval feel. The custom torso is nice, but the think that the lack of armor doesn't look particularly good (maybe that lime-green Toa Nuva chest armor from one of the Exo-Force sets would do it), but then again, the holes on the top would increase drag, and the way that Levasti is armored (no idea if this is intentional or not) makes it seem like he is supposed to be pretty aerodynamic flying forwards (like in the last picture that you linked to). Another thing is the Zamor sphere launcher on the back: it almost looks like a jet pack, which would be pretty pointless considering the fact that he has wings :P ... Overall, good job!

Thanks for the review! Yes, you're right, I don't have eight green skrall blades. I do only have six, so I had to make do with what I could. Thanks for the compliment about the sword, I was trying to make it a broadsword, and I had to add the crossguard for it to be correctly represented. About the torso, I was going for a custom torso in the beginning, and it turned out to fit perfectly the way I had it, and it left no room to put extra armor on the front of the torso, even though I later thought of it like you described, as a more aerodynamic armor style. And the Zamor launcher... well, let's just say I got lazy. I needed a mechanism to connect the wings, and since I built the MoC in such a way that I could stick a peg out of Levasti's back, I grabbed the nearest piece that would work (which happened to be a Zamor launcher) and voila! I had the wings attached. :P Thanks for the review! -CM

Epic win. i can't really find a problem but i would have done 2 things different things. I would of used 2 nuva chest armor for the lower leg armor and that i would have probably use a Vastes arm for the arms

Thanks for the review! I can understand why you would use the Nuva armor for the shins/calves, and why you would use Vastus's forearm in the place of the one I used. However, if I used the piece from Vastus, his arms wouldn't be nearly as proportionate to the rest of his body as they are now. For one thing, they would definitely be too long, and Levasti would begin to look more like some sort of Toa-ape hybrid. ;) -CM

EPIC. The only thing I would change would be the forearms. I think that they'd be better if you just took the nuva armor off. It would be a little more aerodynamic looking in my opinion. Also, I think the wings would look a bit better if you used black 2x things instead of red. I love the sword by the way. I've tried a few ways to do that sort of thing, but never got it to look that good.

EPIC. The only thing I would change would be the forearms. I think that they'd be better if you just took the nuva armor off. It would be a little more aerodynamic looking in my opinion. Also, I think the wings would look a bit better if you used black 2x things instead of red. I love the sword by the way. I've tried a few ways to do that sort of thing, but never got it to look that good. Thanks for the review! I actually tried doing what you suggested about the forearms before I finished the MoC, and I figured it would look better the way I did it. I mean, I have my opinions, and you have yours. :D And also about the +pins, I was waaaay too lazy to go digging through my enormous bins to find enough to use, so I just used red ones instead. Thanks about the sword, I tried to make it look like a crossguard as much as I could. Apparently it payed off.

Awesome! Too bad I never got Lewa. Looks very aerodynamic! The Zamor Launcher fits great under that Inika armor.

Thanks! I was going for a sleek, aerodynamic sort of look anyway. Glad to know that it worked. Actually, now that you mention it, that Inika armor was just a last-minute thing. I realized that the back of the Zamor Launcher was really ugly and didn't fit with Levasti's color scheme at all, and so I just grabbed that piece (it was just laying around at the time) and stuck it on there. Again, it pleases me to know that you like it. Thanks for the reviews guys! -CM

• 2 weeks later...

Nice MOC! My favorite parts are the torso and the wings, though I also like that you tried to customize the upper limbs a little :). Just two issues, really: 1)the gray T-joint pieces holding the wings together would look much better in black, and 2)the axle holding on the shoulder joints looks a little thin. Some pieces covering it would be nice, or just a shorter axle with one of these between each shoulder joint and the torso.Still, overall a great MOC. Nice job!-:t::n:

sigbanner.gif

neat! I really like the chest design and the wings.

Thanks! I spent a veeeeery long time trying to get the chest to fit together the way it did, and I even made sure that there could be a peg of some kind sticking out of Levasti's back for purposes that I could implement later. :biggrin:

Wings are cool, torso could use some work.

Thanks about the wings, but I'm not quite sure what you mean about the torso. Are you referring to its lack of bulking armor like Infrared pointed out? Because there's none there because he's supposed to be very aerodynamic. Please clarify.

Thanks for the review! Yes, you're right, I don't have eight green skrall blades. I do only have six, so I had to make do with what I could. Thanks for the compliment about the sword, I was trying to make it a broadsword, and I had to add the crossguard for it to be correctly represented. About the torso, I was going for a custom torso in the beginning, and it turned out to fit perfectly the way I had it, and it left no room to put extra armor on the front of the torso, even though I later thought of it like you described, as a more aerodynamic armor style. And the Zamor launcher... well, let's just say I got lazy. I needed a mechanism to connect the wings, and since I built the MoC in such a way that I could stick a peg out of Levasti's back, I grabbed the nearest piece that would work (which happened to be a Zamor launcher) and voila! I had the wings attached. :P Thanks for the review! -CM
Between the spot just below the head and the shoulders, it's nothing but a plain axle.

aouROFb.png

• 3 weeks later...