Motorized LEGO Zamor Sphere Clock

Telling time is a pretty simple matter for most. Analog, digital--clocks are a dime a dozen. But what about telling time with...Zamor? That's what Jason Allemann did: he has constructed a mechanical clock entirely out of LEGO System and Technic pieces, including Bionicle Zamor Spheres. You can click here to see a video demonstration and explanation of how it all works. It's unclear how accurate the clock is, but, in all, it is quite a unique design, and definitely worth a look!http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5942]View the full article[/url]

I just saw this yesterday. I thought it was a very clever way to go about something like this, and I definitely look forward to watching his other contraptions. :)

akanohi.png

Akano's Comics
BZP's resident "MOO" obsesser. My Blag.
"Quality trumps potential every single time. Why? Because all potential means is that you might become great. Quality means that you already are." -Kahinuva
We are the Order of Absolutely Crazy People. Sometimes, that's all it takes.
My stories: Inventor of Metru Nui, My Transformation, My Transformation Part II, Inventor of Metru Nui Rewritten
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

Hah that's amazing. Must be a fun thing to just sit and wait for it to dump back into the reservoir. :P I'm tempted to try something like this on my own.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Holy Gadunka, someone made that? AHHHH! ahem, composure. 3...2...1 Ok, that blew my mind. This makes me really wish I had the time for building again.And for the record, those are Midak Sky-spheres, not Zamors.
They're... the exact same piece. Like, literally. Perhaps some early production runs of set 8719 Zamor Spheres might have used 296 Cool Silver instead of 131 Silver, but for the most part, every set to use a silver Zamor Sphere between 2006 and 2009 used Element #4494056, and as far as I can tell the only reason this changed in 2010 was the introduction of the new color 315 Silver Metallic which replaced 131 Silver.Anyway, this is an awesome creation. It was fun watching the video of it in action.

Saw this a couple of days ago. Brilliant, I must say. The basic mechanic is so simple, yet I'm amazed that we're just seeing it now.

On a side-note, grabbing a link from Kotaku isn't the smartest thing to do.

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

Holy Gadunka, someone made that? AHHHH! ahem, composure. 3...2...1 Ok, that blew my mind. This makes me really wish I had the time for building again.And for the record, those are Midak Sky-spheres, not Zamors.
They're... the exact same piece. Like, literally. Perhaps some early production runs of set 8719 Zamor Spheres might have used 296 Cool Silver instead of 131 Silver, but for the most part, every set to use a silver Zamor Sphere between 2006 and 2009 used Element #4494056, and as far as I can tell the only reason this changed in 2010 was the introduction of the new color 315 Silver Metallic which replaced 131 Silver.Anyway, this is an awesome creation. It was fun watching the video of it in action.

Well, yeah, they're the same pieces, but the Zamor Spheres weren't that silver, however the Midak sky-spheres were. I just figured the actual name of the piece wasn't "Zamor Sphere." Anyway, let's not get into a big argument over this; it isn't that big a deal.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Well, yeah, they're the same pieces, but the Zamor Spheres weren't that silver, however the Midak sky-spheres were. I just figured the actual name of the piece wasn't "Zamor Sphere." Anyway, let's not get into a big argument over this; it isn't that big a deal.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just confused at your comment. Besides some random variability the Zamor Spheres in set 8719 were the same color as the ones in the Midak Skyblasters. So I don't get what you mean by "the Zamor Spheres weren't that silver".

I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just confused at your comment. Besides some random variability the Zamor Spheres in set 8719 were the same color as the ones in the Midak Skyblasters. So I don't get what you mean by "the Zamor Spheres weren't that silver".

Oh, they were the same color? I thought it was slightly different. I never got the Zamor packs, but to me the promo stuff looks slightly different from the Midak ones in the sets (which I do have). Anyway, after second thinking, this guy could have gotten a bunch of Zamor sphere packs. Looks like I was wrong; my bad.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Guest AsianHacks
Telling time is a pretty simple matter for most. Analog, digital--clocks are a dime a dozen. But what about telling time with...Zamor? That's what Jason Allemann did: he has constructed a mechanical clock entirely out of LEGO System and Technic pieces, including Bionicle Zamor Spheres. You can click here to see a video demonstration and explanation of how it all works. It's unclear how accurate the clock is, but, in all, it is quite a unique design, and definitely worth a look!View the full article

Thats Midak skyblaster ammo.