It's the Final Countdown

Black Six

[sharedmedia=finalCountdown:countdown:3]As you can see above, we've added another new feature to BZPower - event countdowns. You may see the formatting change a little bit over the next couple of days, but the feature at its core is going to remain as is.Countdowns can be created by admins and added to the sidebar and other locations as deemed appropriate. We don't want to overload people, so there will only be a handful of countdowns at any one time. You can expect to see them for currently-running contests, upcoming fan conventions, and BZPower's Anniversary. We may add additional ones if we think of something or someone suggests a good idea.Anyone can add an existing countdown to their post by clicking the "My Media" button in the Rich Text Editor and selecting Countdowns from the side and then selecting the appropriate countdown.I hope you all enjoy this new feature on BZPower!

Hah, that's pretty cool. I don't guess you can customize the design/colors of it though. Personally, I don't see much use for this for regular members outside of posts by admins or in blogs, since we cannot make our own countdowns yet. I'll look forward to the advances with this, whether custom countdowns become a premier perk someday or whatever else you staffers have up your sleeves. :P
Either way, thanks for the new feature. I'll try to find a use for it at some point. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

[sharedmedia=finalCountdown:countdown:1]

Ow yeey it works

Pretty neat feature here, this'll come handy so people won't forget the entry period closures for contests, and of course BZPowers aniversairy.

The disign and stuff still needs a bit work but the rest is fine, I wonder what will happen to a posted countdown once it ended, let's hope it won't give errors or change to another countdown.

The seconds, why? :) they could be better left out.

You might note it takes a reload of the page for a newly posted countdown to load properly, before the tracker will be filled with issues conserning this.

And really the BBcode of a countdown is called "finalCountdown" really? :)

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

"It's the final countdown..." well, this sounds like a really neat feature. I logged on today and saw it, and wondered what mischief you admins were up to :P

Nice. doesn't do me much good at the moment, as I have more important things to worry about than a contest (Gotta love high school...). But I'ts still nice to do, and I can't say I would know about the contest otherwise. :thumbsup:

And I understood the reference ;)

Edited by ~Shockwave~

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

It is rather usefull!

I have one suggestion however: Could the amount of seconds (and possibly minutes) until the start of the event be removed? I find that they are extremely distracting when browsing the forums. It makes the events listed seem more urgent then they actually are.

I thought of something. Would it be possible to make it so that you could insert your own custom countdowns into your post? (Obviously they wouldn't be in the forum sidebar, but it could be useful for other things.)

Probably not, since it's done through the My Media feature. Allowing us to make custom ones in our posts would probably have to be done with a custom IP.Board add-on or hook.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.