Mass Effect Topic

Angel Beat

I just watched videos of both vol-clan classes, and I'm super excited about them. They look like exactly the kind of class I would love. Debuff the enemy, support your squad. Cloaking as your heavy melee? Yes please. The ability to fully charge shields in an instant? Yes please. I've been dying for them to give Defense Matrix to a multiplayer class but this is better, actually. I especially want the Biotic God, of course. But the Engineer looks excellent too, with Recon Mine and all. Problem is... how to distribute the points? Probably max out all active powers and then see what's left over for the passive.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Welp, I tried to use a Slayer I just unlocked.Sucked it up - bad. Next time I'm not going to put much into Biotic Slash. Phase Disruptor/Charge seemed like a better combo. Also, I think he would be a fantastic power-sniper if he had a volus by his side. That combo could be great.I know the full Retaliation character list was leaked complete with powers, but I've only been able to find the loadout for the Valkyrie (Tech Armor, Warp, Annihilation Field). Does anyone know where to find the others?

Edited by Makaru

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Must have...Edit: Just did a solo run on Firebase Condor as a Krogan Battlemaster (Vanguard) equipped with nothing but an N7 Crusader shotgun against Reaper forces.So much fun! :3<3 the Crusader.

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Bioware announced about an hour ago that they are releasing the Groundside Resistance Weapon pack (I think it's actually out now for everyone except PS3 in Europe, which gets it tomorrow) for $2 (160 MS points). It will include the following:-Venom Shotgun (new)-Executioner Pistol (new)-Kishock Harpoon Gun-Striker Assault Rifle-N7 Typhoon Assault Rifle-N7 Piranha Shotgun-Acolyte PistolThis is great for me, because now I can finally try out the Typhoon and Piranha.

Nice, lol.But yeah, I liked Leviathan, even though it was rather screwy with the story.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Welp, I tried to use a Slayer I just unlocked.Sucked it up - bad. Next time I'm not going to put much into Biotic Slash. Phase Disruptor/Charge seemed like a better combo. Also, I think he would be a fantastic power-sniper if he had a volus by his side. That combo could be great.I know the full Retaliation character list was leaked complete with powers, but I've only been able to find the loadout for the Valkyrie (Tech Armor, Warp, Annihilation Field). Does anyone know where to find the others?
Don't know if you still need this, but here you go:
Adepts:Volus: stasis, biotic orbs, shield boost.Krogan shaman: barrier, shockwave, warp.Batarian slasher: warp, cluster grenade, lash.Soldiers:Turian havoc: cryo blast, havoc strike, stimulant pack.Geth trooper: hunter mode, flamer, fortification.Quarian marksman: marksman, tactical scan, sabotage.Engineers:Volus: proximity mine, shield boost, recon mine.Turian saboteur: sabotage, sentry turret, homing grenade.Vorcha hunter: bloodlust, incinerate, submission net.Sentinels:Volus mercenary: decoy, combat drone, shield boost.Asari valkyrie: tech armor, annihilation field, warp.Infiltrators:Turian ghost: overload, tactical cloak, stimulant pack.Drell assassin: tactical cloak, homing grenade, recon mine.Asari huntress: tactical cloak, dark channel, warp.Vanguards:Volus protector: biotic charge, biotic orbs, shield boost.Batarian brawler: biotic charge, blade armor, lash.
Both the asari seem ridiculously fun.

~ Renewal ~

Hmm, I'm irritated.After quite some multiplayer missions, I still haven't been able to unlock any of the Earth and Retaliation pack characters.I did get most of the weapons from those packs, though.I want my Shadow or Slayer, dang it! :P

f9Qcky7.png

I've unlocked all of them but the Demolisher, and IMO the Shadow isn't very fun. The Slayer can be awesome, but it's rather difficult. The Destroyer, Fury and Paladin are awesome, but the Destroyer just got a nerf and I haven't tested it since then.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Gonna have to be more specific, there are a lot of good builds. For the Slayer I would recommend maxing Charge, Phase Disruptor and Fitness. Just put three levels into Biotic Slash and five into the other passive. Be very careful with the Slayer. It's pretty much the opposite of a Kroguard, more similar to the Asari Vanguard. Stay back. Snipe with Phase Disruptor. Stick to cover. Use Biotic Slash only through walls. Charge isolated enemies. The Slayer also has very strong melee, but you have to be careful the enemy doesn't have a bunch of friends nearby. The Slayer is very frail and a lot of his powers have long animations. I don't know much about the volus. I have both but I don't feel like I've been very successful with them. I think they only serve much purpose on Gold and Platinum. On Silver and Bronze, your teammates don't really need support like that. Sorry for the run-on paragraph, the Enter key has been finicky since I installed Windows 8.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, unlocked one of the new classes: The Turian Havoc soldier.Will try him soon.Edit: And an N7 Fury Adept. :D

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Well hello.They managed to translate the female turians' look really well from comic (Mass Effect: Evolution) to game. :P

f9Qcky7.png

She looks about like they did in the comics. Which is nice. Speaking of turians, I've been wrecking shop with my Turian Soldier. New favorite class. Put no points into Marksman and max everything else, give him a Scorpion for maximum stagger/justice. He is hilariously effective against infantry and can hold his own against boss types. I love seeing enemies explode into ribbons.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Eeyup. Might see if I can get my hands on it.In other news, I finally unlocked the N7 Shadow Infiltrator. Fun class.I have also tried out the Fury and the Turian Havoc. They're pretty epic.

f9Qcky7.png

BioWare has announced Mass Effect Four, by the way. I don't think I can link the article, due to commenting on the website, but you can find it yourself under "Mass Effect 4: Where Does BioWare Go from ME3?" Looks like we'll be seeing the galaxy through different eyes in the next installment.E: Or I could just copypaste the article below, like I just did.

BioWare Montreal producer Fabrice Condominas revealed recently that they have begun work onMass Effect 4 and that the protagonist will not be Commander Shepard. Furthermore, he goes on to say that the protagonist will not be “Shepard 2” or “a soldier in the universe.” Fan reaction is mixed, as many decry the lack of closure at Shepard’s story in the most popular ending of Mass Effect 3. This statement that the protagonist will not be “Shepard 2” also leads to multiple interpretations. Since Shepard lacked many universal traits and was mostly defined by the players choices in-game, does this mean that the new protagonist will lack that degree of player input, or will the new protagonist just have significant differences in backstory and role in the galaxy?While the choice to introduce a new main character might be a good choice in the long-run, that does little to assuage the disappointment of players now–many of whom are extremely attached to their personal version of Shepard. Whoever the new protagonist is, players will have to have the ability to mold that character through choices the same way they did with Shepard. Mass Effect’s marketing strength has always rested in its ability to attract the shooter crowd and the role-playing gamers, and removing depth of choice for the player will alienate the latter crowd in droves. Sadly, if the auto-dialogue and “action mode” for Mass Effect 3 represent the direction that BioWare plans to take the series, this possibility may become reality.As for possible new antagonists, with the Reaper threat dealt with, another question arises: what threat could possibly follow? Escalating beyond a timeless, innumerably vast, and virtually unstoppable force of destruction such as the Reapers could easily stretch suspension of disbelief to the breaking point. Going in the other direction and downsizing the conflict’s scale avoids the problems escalation might bring, but has brought new problems in practice for BioWare. One of the complaints about Dragon Age II was how the reduced scale made it feel more like a side-story than a true successor. That said, many other reasons kept the fan community from enjoying Dragon Age II, so such a change in scale may not be an issue as long as the rest of the game pleases gamers. With discontent with the endings still high even after the Extended Cut, BioWare will have a hefty task in appeasing the fans.The ending controversy aside, the vast galaxy-wide differences between outcomes in each of the endings creates problems for a possible sequel. BioWare would have to essentially make a completely different game for each ending. The only way around this problem would be to canonize one of the endings of Mass Effect 3. In such a case, players that chose one of the other four endings will likely be quite displeased, especially considering how much BioWare plays up the importance of choice in their games. Should they decide to canonize a specific ending, the “Red” ending appears to be the natural choice because reliable data collected over the past months from the BioWare Social Network, the community itself, and elsewhere shows that the vast majority of players picked it. Fans of the other endings may end up displeased; but trying to please everyone typically ends up pleasing no one, especially in the arts and entertainment industries.Should BioWare decide that the prospect of a sequel is just too messy, they could follow Halo’s example and go with a prequel or a story concurrent with the original trilogy. However, this route has problems of its own that would need addressing. Unless BioWare chooses to take a marketing risk (which EA will almost certainly veto), any Mass Effect game will have a human protagonist or at least several humans in the party. The backstory of the Mass Effect universe very clearly shows that humanity has been part of the galactic community for such a short time that still-living characters can remember when aliens were mere myth. This does not leave a large span of time for stories to take place. Having the game take place in a previous Reaper cycle has the problem that every cycle before Shepard’s failed, making any player character doomed from the start.Out of all the possible paths BioWare could take with the next Mass Effect game, a prequel or side-story appears the most likely. Comments by community managers such as Chris Priestly and content developers such as Mike Gamble indicate that BioWare has no plans to further change the endings at this time. Combined with the statements by Priestly and Jessica Merizan, respectively, that the popular Indoctrination Theory remains a “valid possibility” with the current endings and that the Extended Cut “neither confirms nor denies IT,” it appears that BioWare’s plan to deal with the controversy is to try to keep everyone happy by staying ambiguous. Hopefully, the rest of the Mass Effect 3 DLC cycle should clear up some of the ambiguity. Either way, as long as players get a game with a customizable protagonist and are offered a high degree of meaningful choice, people will probably buy Mass Effect 4.
Edited by Underwood Typewriter

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I just hope they'll be disproving the indoctrination theory. It has been indoctrinating people for too long. :P

f9Qcky7.png