I have to say Coldplay is my favorite band ATM xDI love there newest album, from the tracks ive heard so far its great. Major Minus is one of my favorites, although i like paradise as well =DI was watching there prefromance at Rock n`rio via the live internet feed, and it was amazing. Makes we want to go to one of there concerts xD --Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

"Yes" is probably my favorite of theirs. Along with "Cemetaries of London"

I forgot all about "Yes" until you posted about it. It is indeed awesome.

I have to say Coldplay is my favorite band ATM xDI love there newest album, from the tracks ive heard so far its great. Major Minus is one of my favorites, although i like paradise as well =D

I honestly think "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" is better than "Major Minus", and "Paradise" comes in at a second, though it's rather techno for my tastes.

"Yes" is probably my favorite of theirs. Along with "Cemetaries of London"

I forgot all about "Yes" until you posted about it. It is indeed awesome.

I have to say Coldplay is my favorite band ATM xDI love there newest album, from the tracks ive heard so far its great. Major Minus is one of my favorites, although i like paradise as well =D

I honestly think "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" is better than "Major Minus", and "Paradise" comes in at a second, though it's rather techno for my tastes.
Aye, Every tear' is a great song too. They just have been playing it on my radio station alot, and hearing it 24/7 has made me a little tired of hearing it :P --Akaku: Master of Flight Edited by Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

I have one of their albums, Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends, as well as the song "Clocks". I really enjoyed Viva la Vida, particularly the title track, "Cemeteries of London", "Lovers in Japan", "Life in Technicolor", and "Violet Hill". Not my favorite group, but I've generally enjoyed their stuff. Is anyone else anticipating the Coldplay songs that are going to be released on Rock Band on the 18th? "Viva la Vida" and "Clocks" are the sure buys for me.

Edited by Toa Nidhiki05

I'm normally into heavier/faster stuff but I love Coldplay's slower stuff. The new album seems really promising, but I've only listened to a couple of songs so far. My favorite song by them would have to be Life in Technicolor. -ck

Which version, the one with vocals or the purely instrumental one? -TN05

I'm normally into heavier/faster stuff but I love Coldplay's slower stuff. The new album seems really promising, but I've only listened to a couple of songs so far. My favorite song by them would have to be Life in Technicolor. -ck

If he says, "Both," he'll get no arguments from me. XDI've actually listened to "Life in Technicolor" and "Life in Technicolor II" combined into one song. It wasn't released by Coldplay; someone edited the two songs together, and quite well, might I add.

If he says, "Both," he'll get no arguments from me. XD I've actually listened to "Life in Technicolor" and "Life in Technicolor II" combined into one song. It wasn't released by Coldplay; someone edited the two songs together, and quite well, might I add.
I saw that video too - I believe he called it "Life in Technicolor iii". I don't believe I own "Life in Technicolor ii", but I do own the original and it is one of my most-played songs. It's so good, it doesn't need any vocals IMO. EDIT: Found the video I was talking about, and it added 'The Escapist' (the hidden track at the end of Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends, which basically is just the opening noise from "Life in Technicolor" with some lyrics) at the end as well. Really great edit. Edited by Toa Nidhiki05

I have one of their albums, Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends, as well as the song "Clocks". I really enjoyed Viva la Vida, particularly the title track, "Cemeteries of London", "Lovers in Japan", "Life in Technicolor", and "Violet Hill". Not my favorite group, but I've generally enjoyed their stuff. Is anyone else anticipating the Coldplay songs that are going to be released on Rock Band on the 18th? "Viva la Vida" and "Clocks" are the sure buys for me.

Whaaa? Viva La Vida doesn't even have a real guitar or real drums. How does that work?

Hey look I almost have 1000 posts

Whaaa? Viva La Vida doesn't even have a real guitar or real drums. How does that work?
I think they'll either put the strings on guitar or keyboard. There is actually some mild electric guitar in the song if you listen closely, and the drums would likely just be the green and blue pads. It has a bassline, so that is set. They've released songs without guitar before (a couple Lady Gaga tunes, I believe), so I'm not really concerned. I'm just excited they are finally including it in RB. XD -TN05

So I'm one of those obnoxious indie people..but Coldplay's still one of my favourite bands. xP I've been waiting for a leak for months (I swear, I plan to buy it - but I really wanna hear it :P). Wait..it releases in Japan tomorrow? I swear it was the 19th..pfft..ohwell. xD

At first I thought the title said "Cosplay". Then I read it again. Coldplay's nice, yo.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I love Coldplay, but I'm not liking the musical direction their headed. A friend and I were discussing the new songs and came to the conclusion that the songs are so poppy that Rihanna could be singing and you wouldn't know it was a Coldplay song. Sure enough, we later found out that Rihanna is a guest vocalist on one of the tracks on the new album. Go figure.As for a favorite song, I don't have one, but "Amsterdam" would definitely be high on the list.

[Minion of Swertboss]

varakabz.png

So Xylo Xyloto was released in Japan a few days ago, so naturally people in Japan (certian bad seeds) uploaded songs on the internet. Most of the files were terminated due to copyright, but I managed to download Princess Of China. It is anamazing song. Rihanna's vocals are actually superb.

Looking for a Voya Gold Kraahkan!

I'm looking forward to Mylo Xyloto and I will probably be the first album I ever get right away when it's released. I don't really like the style of Coldplay's new stuff as much as I like their older stuff. There are some good songs on Mylo Xyloto, like Charlie Brown and Every Tear Drop is a Waterfall, but I don't really like the more electric style of their new music. I personally think their best album was Rush of Blood to the Head and I really like that more acoustic style. signoff2.png

I love Coldplay, but I'm not liking the musical direction their headed. A friend and I were discussing the new songs and came to the conclusion that the songs are so poppy that Rihanna could be singing and you wouldn't know it was a Coldplay song. Sure enough, we later found out that Rihanna is a guest vocalist on one of the tracks on the new album. Go figure. As for a favorite song, I don't have one, but "Amsterdam" would definitely be high on the list.

Totally agree with you there. I absolutely love some of their older stuff like Sleeping Sun, Don't Panic and (yay) Amsterdam, but this new stuff is really meh. As soon as I heard Every Teardrop is a Waterfall I knew I wouldn't like the album, and Princess of China and Paradise just confirmed that. Gotta say though, Major Minus is pretty alright. -FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

I must be alone in thinking Coldplay's earlier albums were only okay. Though, that might be because my mom played them all the time when she was in the kitchen... :PParachutes was okay, but there weren't any powerful songs; 'twas all quiet and mellow. A Rush of Blood to the Head was better -- "Clocks", "The Scientist", and "Amsterdam" remain some of my favorite Coldplay songs -- but still, it was a really quiet album overall. X&Y fixed that, and Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends really made Coldplay stick in my head.

i like coldplay my favorite songs are viva la vida and clocks

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

So I finally bought Mylo Xyloto. Major Minus, U.F.O. and Up in Flames are absolutely brilliant. However.....the whole album really sounds nothing like the Coldplay I know. Oh, and Rihanna? Why? Why? -Heat

Why not? Remember, they used Jay-J to great effect in their previous album with Yes!, and there are plenty of other examples of pairing up with another musical talent of another genre. It isn't a mole in the face of the band and a cancer that will grow, it's a sign of progression and experiment that showcases diversity. I think Coldplay used Rihanna very well.