How Mutran Could have Controlled the Karda Nui Storm

X-Ray

In The Final Battle, Makuta Mutran is on the verge of figuring it out how to control the storm going on in the heart of Karda Nui. He is vaporized just before he announces his discovery. I now believe that I have found it.

Could Mutran simply have invoked his Makuta power over weather control to control the storm? Is this, in you, the reader's opinion, plausible?

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

Edited by X-Ray

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

I'm not sure. BS01 states that the Energy Storms were 'large storms of raw energy.' I'm not sure that a Makuta's weather control power would be able to control raw energy. I guess it would depend on what kind of energy was used in the storms.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I don't think Mutran was possible to control it, he could have figured that the guy who would overthrow Mata Nui could control it, but he wasn't inside the core processor so his attempts would be impossible. Teridax chose to let the storm go so the Makuta would die, he wasn't so dumb to kill all of his brothers off.

If you think about it, the storm being raw energy doesn't necessarily make it different from other storms inside the MU. All of the "natural" storms would have been caused by the robot's programming or the direct intervention of Mata Nui/Teridax. I'm not sure how much is known about "natural" weather in the MU, but if the rest of it was all pure energy as well and that's what the Makuta power of "weather control" was, to control pure energy, then that power might very well have been what he would have used to control the Karda Nui storm.On the other hand, if it really was that simply, Mutran probably would've figured it out instantly and not died.Or he could've been insane and there was no way to control the storm.

idk man

I think Teridax looked into Mutrans thoughts and saw how to control the storm, the storm that was supposed to happen was all Makuta's doing, if Mata Nui was in charge he wouldn't have killed every Makuta, he would have known which were skeptical of Teridax's plan. Mutran I think is responsible for the storm, when he figured how to control it.

I think Teridax looked into Mutrans thoughts and saw how to control the storm, the storm that was supposed to happen was all Makuta's doing, if Mata Nui was in charge he wouldn't have killed every Makuta, he would have known which were skeptical of Teridax's plan. Mutran I think is responsible for the storm, when he figured how to control it.

Ha no, the storm is just were all the Energy in tha world starts, so I'ts perfectly normal to happen. It always happens when the Bot is alive.

I'm back!

If he could control the storm, he would effectively give the MU robot cardiac arrest, so I would say that he couldn't stop it with raw power alone. Also, any of the Makuta could have thought of this, not just him.

I think Dual Matrix is right- especially since Mutran was the only Makuta who got that universe-manipulating knowledge firsthand from Tren Krom, so he might have understood it the best.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Well, in the basic appeal, it does seem plausible. However, this is Great Being creation we're talking about. First, The Grea Beings are crazy. They invented lots of crazy stuff, who knows what the heck this particular invention consists of. Perhaps some Protodermic gas? I don't know.Second, Look at these other things in Karda Nui. Especially the Codrex. It was a structure surrounded by a force field of mystical properties, and the Codrex itself had a dimensional portal in it, while it seemed to the Toa that it was just a really big underground building.So, perhaps he could, if it was just weather. But who knows what it actually is? A tornado, a trap, or a breath of a Great Being. The world may never know.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

I think this subject was supposed to be covered at a later time in the story, so it was more of a hint of what was to come. It would probably have been something like the knowledge of turning off Toa powers.

I think it would have been something to do with Electricity and Magnetism. Side note: I think it would have been more logical in the storyline to have created a Toa of Electromagnetism.

Edited by Cratak

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

It seems like he could have. aside from him having knowledge of everything, The Makuta have weather control, chain lightning, electricity, and plasma. Also, He could have dodged the blast with dodge and teleportation powers. All in all, the reason he didn't control the storm was because Greg didn't want him to. It kind of sucks because I feel like Spherus Magna could do with some more Makuta right now. :(

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Well, in the basic appeal, it does seem plausible. However, this is Great Being creation we're talking about. First, The Grea Beings are crazy. They invented lots of crazy stuff, who knows what the heck this particular invention consists of. Perhaps some Protodermic gas? I don't know. Second, Look at these other things in Karda Nui. Especially the Codrex. It was a structure surrounded by a force field of mystical properties, and the Codrex itself had a dimensional portal in it, while it seemed to the Toa that it was just a really big underground building. So, perhaps he could, if it was just weather. But who knows what it actually is? A tornado, a trap, or a breath of a Great Being. The world may never know.

I know what it is for it is confirmed :)

The storms are always occuring when the robot is alive, it's like our blood flowing trough our hart, but then energy flowing through a massive cave which functions as a heart of an even bigger robot. It's just the enormous amounth of it which makes it so deadly, it is no real storm, just an overdosis lightning.

I think Dual Matrix is right- especially since Mutran was the only Makuta who got that universe-manipulating knowledge firsthand from Tren Krom, so he might have understood it the best.

Exactly me thoughts.

Mutran was nuts. He probably couldn't have stopped it but thought that he could. :lol:

Probably the most logical Idea here

Just pointing out that Makuta can only use one of their powers at a time, so all these suggestions of combining powers are implausible.

Sorry for my evident ignorance in this, but where is that said as an absolute fact?

Probably somewere in the GrefF qoutes, we can't check now since the archives are down, but it's true, believe me altough this only counts for Kraata powers and not for the Matrix style power.

I'm back!

It seems like he could have. aside from him having knowledge of everything, The Makuta have weather control, chain lightning, electricity, and plasma. Also, He could have dodged the blast with dodge and teleportation powers. All in all, the reason he didn't control the storm was because Greg didn't want him to. It kind of sucks because I feel like Spherus Magna could do with some more Makuta right now. :(
Then life will suck for the Matoran and the Agori, Makuta plus Bone Hunters and Skrall are worse than the MU. Plus, weather control is just for ordinary weather (rain, snow, etc), not super-powerful-charged-up energy storms.

Then life will suck for the Matoran and the Agori, Makuta plus Bone Hunters and Skrall are worse than the MU. Plus, weather control is just for ordinary weather (rain, snow, etc), not super-powerful-charged-up energy storms.

That is true, but it would make for some interesting story.

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife