Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

• 3 weeks later...

The tournament starts in one week! If you want in, get your fighter's profile ready.

Fighter Profiles:

Ackar

-Strength: 12

-Agility: 12

-Toughness: 12

-Mind: 12

Powers and Items: Sundowner Machetes, Toa-level power over Fire, Thornax Launcher (shared), Thornax (2/5 uses) (shared), Brain Visor (shared), Training Weights (shared), Adaptive Armor (shared)

Tainted Nocturn

-Strength:17

-Agility: 15

-Toughness: 11

-Mind: 5

Powers and Items: The Splix, Toa-level power over Plant Life, Axonn's Axe, Kadin Nuva, Adaptive Armor, Staff of Sleep-C (shared), Staff of Elasticity-C (shared)

Venomshade Hahli

-Strength: 19

-Toughness: 9

-Mind: 5

Powers and Items: Toa of Shadow, Shuriken, can fly, clawed feet, clawed hands that can inject weak venom, Staff of Elasticity, Staff of Molecular Disruption, Adaptive Armor, Repellers, Exo-Toa

Gali Hordika Nuva

-Strength: 12

-Toughness: 19

-Mind: 2

Powers Items: Toa of Water, hooks, detachable blade-like fins on wrists and ankles, Kadin, Golden Armor, Staff of Molecular Disruption, Repellers, Axonn's Axe

Edited by Greninja #0579

Registering Nocturn

Strength:17

Agility: 15

Toughness: 11

Mind: 5

Axonn's Axe, Kadin Nuva, Adaptive Armor, Staff of Sleep-C (shared), Staff of Elasticity-C (shared)

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Hahli vs Gali

ITEMS: Staff of Elasticity, Staff of Molecular Disruption

Uses: Staff of Elasticity - extend the range of all strength-based attacks. Staff of Molecular Disruption - destroy Kadin, if not that then Gali's Staff of Molecular Disruption.

STRATEGY:

Upon beginning the battle, Hahli will attempt to rush past Gali, attempting to bash as she runs by. Hahli will then try and use her control over shadow to the best of her abilities (which is not much, low mind) and try and sneak up on Gali again, this time attempting to inject the weak venom from her hands. After this, Hahli shall roll back and stay away, taking advantage of her Staff of Elasticity by kicking in Gali's general direction. Should Gali begin approaching Hahli, Hahli will send out a punch in her direction, and regardless if that hits or missed Hahli will send out a volley of weak shadow blasts. Then, Hahli will attempt to side-roll around Gali, to get another attempt at injecting a weak venom, followed by a kick in an attempt to stagger her. If Gali is staggered, then Hahli shall take advantage of this and assail her as much as she can. If Gali attempts to attack Hahli, Hahli shall attempt to roll back with a very poor 'cloak' of shadow, in attempt to confuse Gali, who has an extremely low mind.

Counters:

Water Blasts and other attacks: Duck/jump/roll/sidestep.

Bladefins: Roll backwards.

Villains 'accidentally' released: Pretend you're one of them and try and find a large group of them, get lost in it.

Black Hole: Jump towards Gali with a kick.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Gali Hordika vs. Venomshade Hahli

Items: Golden Armor and Axonn's Axe

Analysis: Both fighters are physically focused, but Gali's more invested in toughness while Hahli is a heavy physical hitter. Gali's toughness should be more than enough to cancel out Hahli's strength, with the added bonus of also making her more resistant to arena hazards.

General: Gali will begin by flinging her axe at Hahli while she charges in, following up by gripping Hahli with her hooks and throwing her at one of the cells. If that is not enough to send her crashing through the wall, Gali will throw the axe at Hahli's stomach again to push her through the wall and into the cell. While Hahli deals with the escaped prisoner, Gali will continue picking away at her toughness with mid/long-range axe throws. Once Hahli gets into the melee again, Gali will surprise her with a low kick, catching Hahli's legs in the fin blades and making her fall before Gali hacks at her with the axe.

Counters:

Flight - Gali's axe should bring Hahli down eventually, at which point Gali will drive her wrist blades into Hahli's wings to keep her grounded.

Escaped prisoners - Try to push them into the are near the Black Hole staff, then trigger it with the axe or a finblade.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Ackar vs Nocturn

By using the Adaptive Armor Ackar will be able to be safe for while from staffs. But what he really needs to to do his consistently attack him with fire balls, while keeping in check of the area. Ackar will make use of the fog the obscure himself while hiding under an energy collecter so he doesn't get fried by lightning. Once the cost seems clear, he'll lash out quick and resume cover. He'll keep doing so for the entire match.

I'm completely tired and this was all I could come up with.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Hahli vs Gali: Hahli’s at a disadvantage right away due to Gali’s Golden Armor. Both fighters are able to cause physical damage from a distance, which make this match interesting, but it looks like Gali uses her Axe more than Hahli uses her shuriken, so she’ll probably get in more attacks. Gali advances, Hahli receives 10,000 W.

Final Match: Gali Nuva Hordika vs Ackar (Storm Sector)

You have 24 hours to post your strategy

Hmm... pity lose internet for two days and miss out on this... oh well there are always others

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Gali Nuva Hordika vs. Ackar

Items: Axonn's Axe and Repellers

General: Gali will immediately charge in, using the water in the air to sense and dodge Ackar's attacks before cutting him across the back with her axe. While he is still reeling from that first attack, Gali will fling two finblades at his feet to pin him to the ground before coming at him again with the axe. At some point she will repel a fire attack and the fling her axe at the same time, allowing the flames to wrap around the axe and make it white-hot (also cancelling the rebound until it cools off).

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to forget again, but registration is now open--the tournament begins June 2nd!

Also, this will be the final tournament. For details on this and what comes next, please check this blog post.

Fighter Profiles:

Astroflare

Strength: 1

Agility: 18

Toughness: 11

Mind: 18

Powers and Items: Expert in disk throwing, can fly, Flame Whip, Toa-level power over Fire, Staff of Molecular Disruption, Adaptive Armor, Repellers, Exo-Toa, Staff of Elasticity

Immanis Kopaka

Agility: 20
Toughness: 10
Mind: 17
Powers and Items: Toa of Shadow, Ice Blades, shield, flight, protosteel claws, Skakdi Spine, Adaptive Armor, Staff of Silence, Staff of Sleep, Axonn's axe
Natalie Breez X.0
Strength: 16
Agility: 21
Toughness: 1
Mind: 12
Powers and Items:Zephyr Emitters, Toa-level Air powers, Golden Armor, Brain Visor, Cordak Blaster & Rockets, Feral Circuit, and Bowstaff+Buzzsaw Shield
Ackar
Strength: 12
Agility: 12
Toughness: 12
Powers and Items: Sundowner Machetes, Toa-level power over Fire, Thornax Launcher, Thornax (2/5 uses), Brain Visor, Training Weights, Adaptive Armor

Edited by Greninja #0579

Registering Kopaka *wipes a tear away* for the final time

Agility: 20

Toughness: 10

Mind: 17

Items: Skakdi Spine, Adaptive Armor, Staff of Silence, Staff of Sleep and finally Axonn's axe

And here is a little theme music for this last tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Edit: Changed up my stats a bit

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I do suppose, for the final tournament, I return for my absence of the last to participate in the end. And who better to finish it than who started it?

Registering Breez X.0.

Stats:

Strength: 16

Agility: 21

Toughness: 1

Items: Golden Armor, Brain Visor, Cordak Blaster & Rockets (If they count as 2 items instead of 1 thing really, replace with Staff of Hunger), Feral Circuit, and Bowstaff+Buzzsaw Shield.

How risky, how risky, how risky indeed...

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Breez vs Flare: THE FINAL SHOWDOWN, PART 1 OF ??: IMMOLATION, INCINERATION, IGNITION

ITEMS: Staff of Molecular Disruption, Adaptive Armour

Reasons for Items Chosen:

-Staff of Molecular Disruption: Will be used to destroy Breez's Feral Circuit, With that, she could boost any one of her attributes, and Flare doesn't want that happening.

-Adaptive Armour: In this battle, one of the very final battles, Flare cannot afford to be blinded or any other effect like that.

OVERVIEW:

This is all what it comes down to. This is one of the final battles for Flare, or the final battle itself. Against Breez. Both have a glaring weakness. Flare is pathetically weak in terms of strength and couldn't crush a fly. Breez can't be touched without bruising. Flare moves at a decent speed, but Breez is faster. Flare has some resistance to being hit in the face at close range, yet Breez hits hard enough to hurt. Flare's got a diabolical mind. Breez has an average mind. Flare will have to focus on the weaknesses of Breez's mind and her extremely low resistance using his own mind and hope that his elemental powers suffice. A mind can be the most powerful of weapons.

STRATEGY:

There's something Flare immediately has over Breez - he can fly without use of his elemental powers, perhaps giving him aerial superiority, which, when going up against one such as Breez with her current stats, is very important. Thus, Flare will take off immediately, dropping his whip in front of Breez's feet in order to try and trip her, and try to stay ranged. Since Breez can move very quickly, but a hit will hurt her a lot due to her low toughness, Flare will aim a new type of fireball: an explosive fireball, so that if he misses it should hopefully explode and manage to hit Breez. Flare shall hold a fireball in each hands, ready to fire, and summon a new one when one is used up, aiming ahead of Breez, then using the second if she changes direction. If Breez tries to influence Flare using her powers over the air, Flare will try to resist as best as he can and move with the wind. Worst comes to worst, Flare will try to ignite the area around him, creating a cloak of flames and divebomb Breez. Should Flare end up close to losing, Flare will descend to the ground and concede. Otherwise, Flare will end with a barrage of fireballs, firebolts, flames, and one last bow.

COUNTERS:

Wind blasts: As mentioned in the strategy - try to move with the wind. It should hurt less that way.

Air Resistance: What air? Air is oxygen. And oxygen... can be ignited.

Cordak Blaster: MOVE BECAUSE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. Or, if Flare's feeling lucky, fire a firebolt at it and hope it explodes prematurely. Even better - aim a fireball at Breez's Cordak Blaster if she decides to use it, and hope that it explodes the Cordak Rockets before she gets a chance to fight it.

Feral Circuit: Just dodge what it affects if Flare can if it isn't destroyed. As long as Flare can remain in the air, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Bowstaff: Avoid the bolts of energy if it fires bolts of energy and avoid arrows if it fires arrows. What exactly does it do, anyway?

Buzzsaw Shield: AVOID AT ALL COSTS IT CAN DECAPITATE YOU... or melt it. It is made of metal, right? Lots of things can be melted.

Immanis Kopaka Versus Ackar

Items: Skakdi Spine, Staff of sleep

Given that Ackar will likely be using training weights on kopaka, as any sane fighter would, Kopaka's main advantage, his capability to fly, will be practically removed. However since he still keeps his agility he shall be taking advantage of that. Kopaka shall begin by coating the whole arena in a dense, fog like shadow, severely limiting Ackar's line of sight. From there he shall take advantage of his ability to see in the dark since most beings of shadow have a natural affinity for seeing in the dark, and will be focusing on surprise attacks. From the shadows he will create shadow daggers that he will fire at several angles at once so as to confuse Ackar. While that is happening he will activate his skakdi spine to send concentrated blasts of impact visions at Ackar. He will keep up this strategy, along with moving every time he uses the impact vision so as not to alert ackar to his position, until ackar seems weakened. Once weakened Kopaka shall use the staff of sleep to put ackar into a deep sleep. While asleep Kopaka shall create small, almost microscopic worm of shadow. This shadow worm will be inhaled by Ackar. From there Kopaka shall use his increased speed, due to high agility, to rush towards Ackar. Once close to Ackar he will create shadow-like tentacles from his back that will then shoot towards Ackar with intent to Impale him into the ground. Two of the 10 tentacle-shadows will aim for his eyes to quite litterally blind him and remove his eyes. While Kopaka has him pinned to the ground with his shadow-tentacles he will remove the tentacles from his back while keeping them whole so as to keep Ackar hopefully pinned to the ground. Once in the safety of his shadows again he will use his impact vision create a barrage of vision blasts.

Now Ackar will likely be able to get himself off of the tentacles once awake which kopaka shall actually be hoping for. Relying on the shadowed arena he will send more vine-like shadows slithering across the ground towards Ackar's feet all the while sending shadow daggers towards ackar from a different direction as a distraction. Once close enough he will have the shadow-vines wrap around Ackar's legs and yank him off his feet. Oh but it get's better. From the shadows above Ackar he will summon a spike of shadow to once again impale ackar, through the abdomen this time. Once impaled the shadow vines will work towards removing him from the spike only to attempt to snap him into the air. If the vines are successful in sending him airborne, kopaka shall use the skakdi spine to send impact blasts at Ackar. He will eventually let ackar fall back to the ground only to once again revert to his original strategy of shadow daggers and impact blasts.

Remember that shadow worm from earlier? well yeah that was actually Kopaka's delayed elemental attack. When the ackar has taken enough damage the worm will suddenly begin to grow as the super condensed shadow, which comprises the worm's body will begin to expand. With no way to stop this short of cutting his own stomach open Ackar will litterly be ripped open from the inside out. And thus that will be the end of the match

Countermeasures:
Thornax: While tricky kopaka shall rely on his shield to either deflect the thornax or cushion the explosion. Another method will be to try and explode the thornax mid flight using his impact vision.
Brain Visor?: Nothing can really be done by kopaka towards this item.
Training weights: Basically based my whole strategy on the likelihood of him using this, for who wouldn't?
Adaptive armor: Since i am not using stat lowering items really is useless.
His fire: Now this will be tricky. Given the shadows filling the arena kopaka shall use the natural light the flames would create to track any attacks. If he can he will try to create a funnel of solid shadow to capture the fire and direct it either at Ackar or just away from himself.
Illumination from fire: While slightly a problem it is not a major one since Shadows canon wise have been proven to be able to smother the light of the fire thus making it useless. That will be my goal here as well while also minorly maintaining the shadows in the arena.

Glass creating: If ackar tries to create glass with his fire and the sand in the arena Kopaka shall merely use his impact blasts to break the glass along with trying to send any shards towards Ackar

Kopaka shall also be relying on his far superior agility in this fight to dodge or avoid most of ackar's attacks

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

KOPAKA vs FLARE: THE FINAL SHOWDOWN, PART 2: THE FINAL BATTLE

ITEMS: Exo-Toa, Staff of Elasticity

Reasons for Items Chosen:

Vox has a Staff of Silence. I think he might use it. If he does, Flare will not be able to use his elemental powers. Let's make it useless.

OVERVIEW:

Flare and Kopaka. Fire and Ice, now shadow. Two elements that are practically opposites. Both affect each other. But, considering that Flare has so predictably fought with fire, mind, and speed up until now, it's not wise to rely on them any more. Kopaka's likely going to try and affect those. So why not void those attempts by removing the use of Flare's elemental powers entirely by using an Exo-Toa? This time, Flare's going to try and surprise him by using the Exo-Toa and Staff of Elasticity, the latter increasing the range of strength based attacks. That will help. This may be on Quatros, but Flare's set it ablaze several times now. Kopaka's likely expecting it.

STRATEGY:

Exo-Toa time! Flare will immediately charge at Kopaka, hoping to slam into him with all the force the Exo-Toa can provide. Following that, he shall try and stay in medium-close range of Kopaka so he can continually hit him, although I imagine the jungle of Quatros may slow him down. Flare will just electro-rocket or punch obstructions away as necessary with the Exo-Toa. If Kopaka ends up a far distance away from Flare, Flare will aim an Electro-Rocket at Kopaka. If possible, Flare will try to knock some of the trees of Quatros down to block Kopaka's path. When he gets close enough to Kopaka, he shall Electro-Rocket Kopaka in the face, followed by three punches, increasing in force each time, then he shall attempt to slam into Kopaka once again. Flare will also try to dodge any attacks from Kopaka and try and dodge so that they end up angering the wildlife of Quatros instead, so that Kopaka ends up accidentally attracting attention. If at any point Kopaka is standing still, Flare will try and rush towards him, fire the electro-rocket behind him as means of propulsion, and then slam into him once more.

COUNTERS:

Shadow Blasts: Dodge, or withstand.

Darkened area: Not necessarily 'can't see'. Perhaps an Electro-Rocket will light things up?

Blinded: KEEP. MOVING. Backwards or sidewards, preferably. Forwards is like walking into a trap.

Staff of Sleep: Can't really counter, but keep the Electro-Rocket ready to fire.

Skakdi Spine: Like always, dodge or withstand if possible.

Axonn's Axe: Is it possible to catch it in mid-air? Return the favour. Otherwise... make the Exo-Toa duck if it has knees, otherwise, try and withstand it.

Ice Blades: Punch Kopaka. Likely to be used in close range.

Good game, everybody.

Edited by Pulse