3D Rahkshi Lerahk

The Pyro (From TF2)

Alright, some of you may know that I have been bursting with 3D models particularly Toa. Anyway, I realized that my 3D Toa team "The Defenders" needed some battle buddies, so I made a 3D Rahkshi Lerahk.

poison_rahkshi_massimo_pisano_design_1+copy.png

poison_rahkshi_massimo_pisano_design_2+copy.png

poison_rahkshi_massimo_pisano_design_3+copy.png

poison_rahkshi_massimo_pisano_design_4+copy.png

Unfortunately I haven't made his weapon yet, but he's part-movie-style-part-my-own-design.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

That is really, really nice. It looks almost identical to the MoL one, and I really like it. I can't see how you can do such a good job with Blender (I think that's what you used), when I barely get how to use it. Though I agree with Flaredrick that the head looks kinda small, but that's nothing too major. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

This is the best 3D model you've made so far. I've seen your other ones, just never had time to comment.

Even though it's a bit blocky and the texture looks weird, it's better than anything I can do in Blender.

All I can do in Blender is a deformed cube with extruded vertices in random areas.

Well, the trick (or at least one of them) is to start with the most basic things. For the shell on the back, I started with a vertex and extruded it in a rough half-circle. I then mirrored it and extruded it over and over down the Rahkshi's back, adjusting the size and rotation every here and there until it looked like the MoL one. I also kept a picture of and MoL Rahkshi and a picture of a Rahkshi set nearby, so that helped. I have no tips on rigging. It is a tedious infernal task that is nevertheless extremely vital.

Edited by ToaOfAwesome

Herro there, person.

How are you?

• 4 weeks later...

Nice job! Maybe you could make it shinier, and make the green less uhm.. spotted :P

Something feels wrong about the arms, though I can't really put my finger on it.

Edited by Tommy_

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

I feel you've got two styles going on here. There's the sort of movie style which is going with the spine head, arms and feet, and then there's the slightly more angular technic style going on with the torso and the legs. Both look good, but I'm not sure if they compliment each other well.

The head and spine in particular are really excellent, very much reminiscent of the Rahkshi in MoL.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't