MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

Nuparu77

Hey guys, now I know we've been rather sparing with updates to the game, and most of that is due to our hard work on the battle game engine, however i'm sorry to say we may have a bit more delay. Nuparu has been very busy, in between working on this, and his new job, and I still have school. We will still be devoting as much time as possible to the game, and your support will push us through this, but its just a bump, we'll be back on track eventually, so please try to be patient, i'm very sorry, but we are busy people :P. Don't worry though, once we get back on production, it will be very quick due to the game engine almost being complete. :D

• Upvote 3

Tu2d6W7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I just have to say this: You've gone an amazing job on MNOG:TBS! It's really great![:D] You've captured the essence of Bionicle in 2002![:D]

Hana thanks! :P if anyone's waiting for a news update, we're still working on the battle engine, more specifically the animation. As I wait on nuparu to get it polished up, on e it's done the second half of chapter 2 should come quickly. Don't worry though, there has been progress! I've been scripting chapter 3 so when we're ready we have a good story, and I don't want to give any spoilers but it's gonna be a real solid chapter, full of character development, as well as a little foreshadow for chapter 3 in the first chapter. *cough* nuju says it *cough* ;) it's great you guys have been bearing with us. Nuparu has a job and I'm working on my Eagle Scout, we're pretty busy people. But thanks for your patience! :P
  • Upvote 3

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Ah, Nostalgia.

(FYI to those that are wondering how to trigger the cutscene with Vakama in Ch1, Trying to leave via the bridge then try to leave via Onu-wahi.)

Loved the cutscenes.

Was quite impressed how you could vist old areas again, such as underwater, and the lightstone mine.

Nice touch.

The only glitch I came across was that it randomly reset during the snowboarding game, sending you back outside to Ko-wahi.

That, and the afforementioned Nuju glitch.

Haven't yet made it to the end of chapter 1, and yet to play ch.2.

SV

qs31325.jpg

First person to discover what realm Icarax was assigned to.

SV and TDI's comix! Now accepting guest stars! Collision of Worlds Makuta Rayzax 2.0

biokini.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:vahi: :infected: :smilejala: :smilematoro: :smilekongu: :smilemaku: :smilemirunu: :smilepohatunu: :smilegahlok: when did you finish an publie the game ?im so impatiente.sry but game iS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

Edit: Your post is a tiny bit difficult to understand. To avoid any confusion, please be a bit more clear next time!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

This game should be considered canon. It looks and feels like an actual game you would find on Bionicle.com during the Bohrok saga. Of course, minor spelling and grammar errors, but even I barely noticed.

This means the world to us :) It's really a shame we only got animations for the bohrok and bohrok kal sagas, and MNOG II just doesn't have the same feel. MNOG was really the best story outlet back then, and we'd like to explore more parts of the island during this huge saga. What of the toa facing the bahrag? Lewa vs Onua part II? (poor lewa :P) another great question is how significant the chronicler's company was? all of these questions will hopefully be answered in the game, and it will be amazing when its done :)

:vahi: :infected: :smilejala: :smilematoro: :smilekongu: :smilemaku: :smilemirunu: :smilepohatunu: :smilegahlok: when did you finish an publie the game ?im so impatiente.sry but game iS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

Edit: Your post is a tiny bit difficult to understand. To avoid any confusion, please be a bit more clear next time!

-Wind-

Hmm, like Wind said, i'm not too sure what you're trying to say, haha. If you mean when the game is going to be out to the public, check the first post on this topic by Nuparu77, there should be a download link to chapters 1 and part of chapter 2. We are currently working hard on implementing a minigame battle engine for the rest of chapter 2, but it sooo close to being done :)

If anyone has assumed this game is on a break or something, i'm sorry. Nuparu works very hard coding the battle engine, and i've been putting together new scenes for the game. We are working behind the scenes, stay strong :P

-Takua

Tu2d6W7.jpg

ok.But i have a questions for the future did you make a MNOLG of the bohrok kal?

and Take the time you need.

We haven't really decided yet if the kal saga will be added to the game. Personally, I think it would be a great short addition. TBH it wouldnt be that long. Just takua and Jaller gathering the nuva, and going to po-wahi and to the nest to confront the kal. There was a HUGE gap in the animations for 2003, with it going from nuba being gathered, to them suddenly using the vahi in the nest. I'm sure it would be fun. Unfortunaly, it would probably not concentrate on the matoran, which is what MNOG is known for. the chronicler's company, and and what I like to refer to as the "company 2.0" (hahli, nuparu, midak, possibly keahi (look em up)) which will be added important matoran to our game. We'll see :)

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Hi it s me again, i have 2 questions .Which programs did you use for make this game?

second questions:Did you later set tazakk's videos in the game?

If you dont know is video , go to http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/videos/ and go to "tazakk's 2002 news updates"and click on the picture for see the video(it is about borok in ta-koro).

:smilepohatunu: :smilelehvak:

I think that this game is just marvelous. I loved MNOG and this just gives me warm feeling. If you want to make additional story with Kal-saga, maybe you could make something with search for the Kanohi Nuva, because it was very messy process in the story and I am sure that some Matorans helped the Toa to collect them. Keep up the good work. You are one of the people keeping this fandom alive.

Brace yourselves, Klaanon is coming...

I think that this game is just marvelous. I loved MNOG and this just gives me warm feeling. If you want to make additional story with Kal-saga, maybe you could make something with search for the Kanohi Nuva, because it was very messy process in the story and I am sure that some Matorans helped the Toa to collect them. Keep up the good work. You are one of the people keeping this fandom alive.

Why thank you good sir :). As far as the kanohi nuva go, i'm not too sure if we would do it. It would take too much time, and would not concentrate on the matoran as much. Its the same reason why templar did not include the mata finding their masks.

On another note, since all of you have been so patient, I want to give you a little tease of whats to come. Chapter 2 is not finished yet unfortunatly. But I can give you a pic/banner (use it as a banner if you like :)) for chapter 3! We're going up north!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmG2BBsCEAAbUyV.jpg:large

• Upvote 1

Tu2d6W7.jpg

I've Talked with Tazakk
If we would have known each other before we started our own projects, a collaboration may have been possible, however as it stands, the story that he has envisioned and the one I have are different.
So using his animations would not be possible without drastically changing my plans for MNOLG1.5

However we are sharing any custom drawings that we create as well as advice on Flash programming / editing.

....and speaking of custom drawings....
I'm working on the isometric Bohrok view for the Battle Engine.
bohrok10.jpg
bohrok10.png

I'm finding that tracing is actually quite easy,
so from now on whenever I want to draw something all I got to do is take a picture from the correct angle and trace it.

Edited by Nuparu77
  • Upvote 3

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

wat a big problem .

Nuparu77 or Takua123 can you give me a beta of MNOLG please(if it exist ),i can be a tester .(via my email darkeluim@gmail.com)I think you must focus on the problem of rakhshitoa88 but take time you need.

First post on the topic has the game on it if that's what you want. Right now we have chapter 1 and half of chapter 2 complete, and what we have done is indeed released to the public. Any other progress we've made we aren't ready to give to anyone yet (sorry :()

I'm stuck in the charred forest. It's my second time playing, and I didn't have this problem the first time. I just came back from Ko-Koro and am going to the beach. I accidentally went into the charred forest and now I'm stuck.

Yep, we changed the charred forest around a bit, its a bit harder to exit :) Just like the first one though, it does have an exit, just keep lookin :) Are there numbers on the trees? IIRC the numbers indicate certain entrances and exits. I forget off the top of my head which number leads to the exit though, sorry :(

Tu2d6W7.jpg

I'm stuck in the charred forest. It's my second time playing, and I didn't have this problem the first time. I just came back from Ko-Koro and am going to the beach. I accidentally went into the charred forest and now I'm stuck.

Open the Debug menu and change the text language to English (yellow button at the bottom of the panel)

Do the numbers on the trees exist? Do they change when you move to another section of the forest?

Which entrance to the forest did you use? the one next to Ta-Koro? or the one between Ta-Koro and the beach?

What version of the game are you running?

Nuparu77 or Takua123 can you give me a beta of MNOLG please(if it exist ),i can be a tester .(via my email darkeluim@gmail.com)I think you must focus on the problem of rakhshitoa88 but take time you need.

As takua123 said, were kinda using everyone as beta testers. :glasses:

I release the game with bugs, and then fix them as people find them.... well, try to anyways...

Edited by Nuparu77

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

First post on the topic has the game on it if that's what you want. Right now we have chapter 1 and half of chapter 2 complete, and what we have done is indeed released to the public. Any other progress we've made we aren't ready to give to anyone yet (sorry :()

ok no problem.I understand.

Edited by darkeluim

I love the game, But I'm very impatient. I know you have your own lives, but I'd Like you to try to hurry up.

Orini the Akaku wearing onu-matoran

I'm sure Nuparu would be better at expressing the pain we've been going through to get this game engine done, and I understand where you're coming from. However, unlike Templar Studios, who developed the game in 2001, we have setbacks. For one, Templar was a paid professional game developing company hired by lego. It took them about a year to get the whole game out to the public, in which i'm sure they spent weeks in an office.

We have not been hired by lego, nor are we paid. We're just two guys that love bionicle :). I'm sorry you feel that way, but we can't dedicated our whole life to this, and even if we did we wouldn't be on the same production schedule as Templar.

• Upvote 3

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Hey. Everyone. Give these guys a break. Do you have any idea how hard it is to make a game? Any game. How many times has a game you've wanted to play been delayed? Those are full time, paid professional game developers. These two guys are hobbyists. The fact that they've released anything playable at all is worth your respect. But it's not just playable. It's the first two levels of a fantastic game. That is what we in the industry call miraculous.

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Upvote 6

IrMSNn3.png

i'd like to apologize, i know you guys have your own lives. I'm a sophmore in high school, so i know life can get busy. I was just trying to politely express my impatience

orini a.k.a. Logan

Hey. Everyone. Give these guys a break. Do you have any idea how hard it is to make a game? Any game. How many times has a game you've wanted to play been delayed? Those are full time, paid professional game developers. These two guys are hobbyists. The fact that they've released anything playable at all is worth your respect. But it's not just playable. It's the first two levels of a fantastic game. That is what we in the industry call miraculous.
I understand that they are busy, ######, my chemistry teacher gives us 4 homework assignments for the weekend! Please, i was trying to be polite.

:smilegahlok:

Could you work in a couple multiplayer games, connect with friends and rivals over the internet and boxor battle

Are you gonna work in some foreshadowing to the inika's/mahri's future? or give your character something else to do with the lightstone

Edited by orini

Could you work in a couple multiplayer games, connect with friends and rivals over the internet and boxor battle

we're going to limit it to single player, We can't do multiplayer haha. It would require servers to keep in check.

As far as boxors, oh don't worry, they'll come ;)

Tu2d6W7.jpg

we're going to limit it to single player, We can't do multiplayer haha. It would require servers to keep in check.

As far as boxors, oh don't worry, they'll come ;)

ok

I can't wait for ch 3

Please don't post twice in a row; just use the edit button to modify an existing post.

Thanks!

Kofo-Jaga

I know people have suggested making a Bohrok-Kal MNOG, but I'm just gunna say that if you do decide to do so, you could probably easily recolor existing bohrok images to create the Kal.

Edited by Flamewing Studios

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.