MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

Nuparu77

Keep up the good work man! I've played the first version a while back, and I'm going to start with the latest today!

I never got to comment because I was browsing as a guest.

Welcome to Bzp man! And thanks for the support! Looks like someone joined the forum just in time for "the hype that shall not be named" ;)

Edited by Indigogeek

Tu2d6W7.jpg

As a united group it is our duty and destiny to wait like patient people (no, patience is not a virtue so it doesn't get to be bold)

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

As a united group it is our duty and destiny to wait like patient people (no, patience is not a virtue so it doesn't get to be bold)

It is a virtue, just not one of the virtues.

Dude I'm trying to make a joke(that barely makes sense) so leave it alone

As a united group it is our duty and destiny to wait like patient people (no, patience is not a virtue so it doesn't get to be bold)

It is a virtue, just not one of the virtues.

Dude I'm trying to make a joke(that barely makes sense) so leave it alone

I was trying to help.

Okay guys, for those who don't know, I am writing out a story based walkthrough for this game. I am at the part where we go from playing as Takua, to playing as Midak. This is when Midak is telling what happened to Po-Koro. What I want to know is if anyone has a good way to make this transition, because I am drawing a blank. Remember, this is a story, so I can't just say, "Now we are playing as Midak." I need to make it flow. You can give me ideas or write it out and I will use, mostly reworded if I can. If I can't reword it, I will make sure you are credited for helping when I send to it to Indigogeek and Nuparau77.

Edited by -Windrider-

FoF

Credit to ~the Big X~ for avatar

Okay guys, for those who don't know, I am writing out a story based walkthrough for this game. I am at the part where we go from playing as Takua, to playing as Midak. This is when Midak is telling what happened to Po-Koro. What I want to know is if anyone has a good way to make this transition, because I am drawing a blank. Remember, this is a story, so I can't just say, "Now we are playing as Midak." I need to make it flow. You can give me ideas or write it out and I will use, mostly reworded if I can. If I can't reword it, I will make sure you are credited for helping when I send to it to Indigogeek and Nuparau77.

If it's formated in 1st person view, saying something like "I passed my journal on to Midak, for safekeeping. I allow him to write in it." For 3rd person, maybe "After talking to Midak, he will show you a flashback. During this, you will be playing as Midak." Something like that, I'm not entirely sure what the context is.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

How about something like this: Midak starts telling what happened  "I was standing outside the cave when I saw the fire coming from Po-koro"...

you need to transform what happened while playing as midak into speech

How about something like this: Midak starts telling what happened "I was standing outside the cave when I saw the fire coming from Po-koro"...

you need to transform what happened while playing as midak into speech

yea, I think that's probably the best. Something like "Takua listened to Midak's tale" and go into that

Tu2d6W7.jpg

When will the game get the next chapters?

:???:

I have stated MANY times before, (also, check out the TTV message board topic a posted above for a more detailed FAQ) that we've had a lot of trouble lately with a battle mini game. The minigame should be completed in a couple weeks, and chapters should be released every 1-2 months.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

I have stated MANY times before, (also, check out the TTV message board topic a posted above for a more detailed FAQ) that we've had a lot of trouble lately with a battle mini game. The minigame should be completed in a couple weeks, and chapters should be released every 1-2 months.

I'm gunna take a guess and say 60% of your stress is non-Bionicle stuff, 10% of your stress is working on the game, and the other 30% is people rushing you.

• Upvote 1

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I'm gunna take a guess and say 60% of your stress is non-Bionicle stuff, 10% of your stress is working on the game, and the other 30% is people rushing you.

this guy. ;)

But actually, I've seen this community for years, and know how to deal with it :) the people who are impatient to keep asking don't stress us out TOO much. :)

Thanks for understanding though :)

Tu2d6W7.jpg

In the beginning, Jaller says: Wait a miniute.. how many passages through the rock layer exist?

Glitches: wrong i, two points instead of three.

After that: Takua! what about those monsters you saw?

Glitch: small w instead of a big one

And after that: but they might be trapped down there...

And then, Takua said: yeah, so the real question is:

Also, at first, when "world famous Hafu" is selling statues, there is Huki, but in Midak's memories, there is Hewkii.

Edited by Duckanuva

This is either a signature or something evil.

Hi! I realize you guys are working on the battle engine right now, but is there anything additional you need done that I could lend a hand with at this point?

Edited by Infrared

You have a pretty big continuity error. At the end of the original MNOG, Vakama says he knows what Takua saw in the Bohrok Nest.

So the entire opening point where Takua and Jaller go to tell him about the Bohrok makes no sense, because Vakama already knows about the Bohrok.

Edited by flynn58

You have a pretty big continuity error. At the end of the original MNOG, Vakama says he knows what Takua saw in the Bohrok Nest.

So the entire opening point where Takua and Jaller go to tell him about the Bohrok makes no sense, because Vakama already knows about the Bohrok.

Not really. Vakama never really explained what they were in MNOLG, and Takua and Jala were telling Vakama that the creatures were attacking, not what they were.

bBhcfWO.png

Hi! I realize you guys are working on the battle engine right now, but is there anything additional you need done that I could lend a hand with at this point?

Hey Infrared, Woukd you mind starting a group conversation with Nuparu and I (I'm currently on mobile :() your help might be what we need right now

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Hey Infrared, Woukd you mind starting a group conversation with Nuparu and I (I'm currently on mobile :() your help might be what we need right now

Nuparu sent me some stuff already, but unfortunately I think you have to be premier to set up a group PM.... I'll send you a PM with a link to the stuff I've gotten done though.

I found a bug where if you go to hewkii"s hut in po-koro, it will show him sick from the original game and you can't escape. Also, if you talk to matau he just does a little dance and you can't get away. I also got stuck at the ussal crabs in onu-koro. I would suggest adding hotkeys to solve this problem. Like if when you go in to talk to someone, you can press escape or backspace and exit the conversation

Edited by man774

I think Lewa could use air to jump in a similar way to orbital drop from infamous, it would be awesome.

http://infamous.wikia.com/wiki/Orbital_Drop

Do you mean during the Onua vs Lewa battle?

I don't really now where it can be used but it would be beter agaist multiple targets instead of just one, it could be used in the onua vs lewa if there are many bohroks surrounding lewa.

I imagine it something like: lewa sheathes his axe then he kneel a little (like delsin) air appears in his feets, leaves start circling around him ,then he jumps into the air leving a trail of leaves.

Edited by Gako

Not giving away anything, Lewa will not be a playable character. MNOG has always concentrated on how the matoran can make a difference, and we feel we want to follow this trend by giving the toa a minimal role. 

DON'T WORRY. Your favorite toa will still be appearing! (unless your favorite toa is not Tahu, Lewa, Gali, Kopaka, Pohatu, or Onua, then sorry, what can I say :P

The toa are going to be a bit more... distracted by their quest to find krana. The battle between Lewa and Onua will be appearing, and without giving anything away, just like in the original game, the toa will make a more important appearance in the final battle.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

So Nuparu, I've played the first Mata Nui online game and your bohrok saga game. I played the second Mata Nui online game from lego and I must say that it didn't very well explain how the bohrok were defeated. I'm glad somebody was creative enough to make a game for that. Also, I've seen some youtubers with footage of the next chapters including dawn of the bohrok. How did they get this footage if chapter 2 isn't out yet? Also, What can we expect from the upcoming chapters?

So Nuparu, I've played the first Mata Nui online game and your bohrok saga game. I played the second Mata Nui online game from lego and I must say that it didn't very well explain how the bohrok were defeated. I'm glad somebody was creative enough to make a game for that. Also, I've seen some youtubers with footage of the next chapters including dawn of the bohrok. How did they get this footage if chapter 2 isn't out yet? Also, What can we expect from the upcoming chapters?

I agree 100% with this guy. The concept behind this 3rd game is great and I'm really glad people are actually making it. You seriously recaptured that sense of wonder I had playing the original at points. I'm also curious about when we can expect the next update.

Keep up the great work

Oh and by the way, If you are going to be animating the fight between Onua and Krana-Lewa, you should consider taking some liberties with the events of the fight. I suggest making it a clear homage to the fight in the original game. Same music, similar entrance by Onua etc. I've read the books and I know it doesn't happen like that, but (I believe) the MNOG wasn't necessarily canon when it was first released either.

It's just a suggestion, I imagine everyone who played the original would, at the very least, smile upon seeing it if it were implemented.

Edited by Phylo606

Great news! Chapter 2 (3/4 of it) IS indeed out! Check out the first post on this topic for a more up to date download link!

I'll say this for you, and anyone who doesn't know, Hi, I'm Indigogeek! I'm the other creator of this game, and if you really want questions answered, I'm the guy to go to! Nuparu works very hard, but I am very active on Bzp.

If you want more discussion about the game,

check out the topic at TTV message boards! http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/the-official-mnog-1-5-the-bohrok-swarms-topic/844

I always post here first, as to give the community exclusive info!

as far as new info, Chap 2 is VERY close to being done. chapter 3 will bring us to a battle up to ko-koro, and ONE more hint, I want to give traitorous Ahkmou a more significant role in the story :P

While we await Chap 2's completion (play the 3/4 now, it's great!) expect a VERY special let's play series soon. Check out thethreevirtues channel soon to find myself and TTV's own, Kahi, as we play through the game and I give more hints and tricks. Stay tuned!

Tu2d6W7.jpg