Daft Punk

iPenguin

After initially being underwhelmed over "Get Lucky", I was a bit worried that Random Access Memories wouldn't be as ground-breaking as everyone had hyped it up to be. Of course, with all that hype, the album was bound to be beneath people's expectations. This hasn't stopped me from loving it to death.

Once again, Daft Punk's latest album sounds little like their preceding album. It was fun to listen to just how different it was from not only Human After All but their entire catalog of music; what I heard in this album was surprising and enjoyable. The new sound might be hard for some fans to get used to, but I hope everyone comes around and appreciates it for what it is: a heartfelt throwback to years past. I myself have found it hard to get most of the album tracks out of my head.

Current personal favorites include "Instant Crush" and "Touch". Although, I'm a big fan of most every song included and those I wasn't fond of I'm swifty warming up to.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

I love it and every single track of it and Daft Punk overall and the entire world while we are at it. :) Of course I like some more than others, but overall all are great tracks.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

RAM is like Discovery for me in the fact that it's very hard to choose a favorite. There might be ones I listen to more, but when I evaluate the aspects of it, I realize it's not much better than the other ones, which are also really good, so... :P

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

I really love Instant crush! :D

I guess you could say its.....an instant favorite.

YEAAAAAAAAAAA

The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

In my opinion, Random Access Memories is their best album after Discovery. Like Tenebrae said, its probably harder for people who don't like the dance music of the 70s to get into, but if you can its an absolutely awesome musical experience.

I recommend it highly.

naw man

Have you guys heard the Japan exclusive track, Horizon? Of the instrumental pieces, I'd gladly trade Motherboard away to have Horizon on the album. I like how smooth it sounds, though it could be a bit longer.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

I liked Horizon a lot. It reminded me of the synth ambience different progressive rock bands in the 70s made.

I have no idea at this point how many times I've heard RAM. It's just so great, I have it playing almost every day at this point. I've also grown to like Homework a lot more now, though Rollin' and Scratchin' and Rock 'n Roll are still unentertaining to me.

Edited by Tenebrae Invictus

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

• 4 weeks later...