The Adventures of Sandstorm

Kanakalackin

2.png

Full Picture: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/CKinVA/Signatures/533_final.jpg

This is a three part epic I am currently working on, I am up to about chapter 7 (out of about eight) of part one. I will provide updates of where I am in the epic, but for now here is an introduction to the story.

Part one: 100%

Part two: 3 Chapters done (It's longer than I anticipated)

Part three: 0%

Introduction

Sandstorm started out as a Matoran, like any other Toa. But unlike most, whose lives were filled with knowledge, exploration, and regular everyday stuff. His life was as a back-alley adventurer of danger. Always on the lookout for a job that would get him cold hard money. Be it clean or not. He was often hunted by the Vahki. he was caught once. But, because of luck, he got away. He took a job one day for an old coot who lived on the outskirts of Po-Metru. He handed him an orange stone with a soft glow, and told him to take it to the Toa Suva for a friend to pick up. When he got there, Vahki were everywhere. He had to employ stealth to get inside. But it didn't work out so well. As much as he hated going underground, he had to. He almost got his head bitten off by a Tarakava in the process. Once he was inside, he dropped the stone where he was told to, and when he was about to leave, Vahki swarmed in. Sandstorm had no choice but to see what that mysterious stone could do. He quickly threw it into the Toa Suva and ducked for cover, thinking that it would explode. But, nothing had happened. Yet. He was caught by the Vahki and got thrown into jail for breaking and entering, and countless other crimes that he had committed. One day, when he was cursing Mata Nui for putting him in a place like this, a bolt of lightning streaked though the only window on the wall. Sandstorm tried to dodge, but the lightning followed him wherever he went. He finally gave up and allowed himself to be hit by the lightning and felt himself growing larger and stronger. Once the changes had finished, he looked down at his new Toa form, thanked Mata Nui, and burst through a newly made hole in the wall.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Link to my review topic: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9068

Edited by Phantom Terror

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Chapter One: An Unwilling Toa

Sandstorm found himself in a free fall, about to belly-flop into a rather large puddle. Specifically, the ocean. “Maybe I should’ve busted out through the door.” Sandstorm said, exasperated. He was about 15 feet from the water’s edge when he jerked to a stop. Not far away, a strange figure had activated his kanohi Miru. But this wasn’t just any old guy; it was the turaga that had given him the odd stone. Slowly, Sandstorm was pulled ashore and promptly dropped head first in the sand. “What in the name of Mata Nui did you do that for!” He snapped. “Would you rather I drop you in the ocean?” The Turaga said. Defeated, Sandstorm slunk off to the shadows. “So, question one” Sandstorm said. “Why’d you save me?” “Because, if I had not, a Toa would have entered the world and left it within a day.” The Turaga replied. “Okay.” Sandstorm said slowly. “Question two: who are you?” “I am merely a Turaga. A servant of the Great Spirit Mata Nui.” The Turaga replied. “I already know that!” Sandstorm said. “Well, maybe not the servant part, but what’s your name?” “My name is not important, but I will give it fi it will answer your questions.” The Turaga said. “My name is Ornika. Once a Matoran, once a Toa, and now, a Turaga.” “Finally, question three” Sandstorm said. “Why’d you choose me to be a Toa? There are plenty of other Matoran out there in Metru Nui.” “Yes, there are many others, but they’re destiny is not yours.” Ornika said. “The duty that Mata Nui has entrusted me with to bestow upon you is great; to unify the Toa of Metru Nui to form the Toa Alpha.” “Honestly, I think you’ve got the wrong guy. I don’t live for that Unity, Duty, Destiny stuff that the other Matoran do. I ride life solo.” Sandstorm said. “Perhaps not now, but it will have a great impact on your life in the future.” Ornika said. “Now I know that you’ve got the wrong guy.” Sandstorm told Ornika as he walked away. “Perhaps you have the wrong guy Sandstorm.” Ornika called. But Sandstorm didn’t listen, he was out to find a job, and see what this new Toa form could do.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Chapter Two: Trapped by a friend

Sandstorm walked into Po-Metru, well, more like taking every side-street, alley, and shortcut possible to get to his normal spot in the business alley. The criminals, money badgers, and anyone who would take any job called the dark, dank alley that. Most of the time, the vahki ignored them, especially after a failed attempt of capturing all of the criminals at once. When Sandstorm sat down, a Le-Matoran named Tornado warned him: “You shouldn’t sit there, or Sandstorm will beat you up big time.” “I should know, I did it to you once.” Sandstorm replied. “No way, you’re to now?” Tornado exclaimed. “Yeah, now I can take more the intense jobs. No vahki is gonna get through this.” Sandstorm said as a Po-Matoran walked up and said: “I need a job done, and I don’t have the assets to accomplish it.” “What kind of job?” Sandstorm asked. “Nothing much, just infiltration of secure premises and theft of protodermis.” The Po-Matoran replied. “Piece of cake Ahkmou.” Sandstorm said. “Perfect. I will pay 1,000 widgets in full when you deliver it to my box. The code is 8610.” Ahkmou said, and they both parted ways. Sandstorm was at the testing laboratory of Ko-Metru within half an hour, thanks to those trans-city transport chutes. Sure they were illegal to travel in, but this job was worth 1,000 widgets! Who could pass that up? He scaled the tower quickly and got inside at the cost of a very intricate and expensive chandelier. He tried swinging from it, but he went more along the lines of gravity. He grabbed the protodermis samples, regenerated them with his Kanohi Kiril and got out of there. He was chased by several Keerahk guards, but smashed them to pieces. On his way into Po-Metru, he was confronted by some Dark Hunters, they called themselves Airwatcher and Mimic. He quickly got to the Po-Metru carving fields and placed the portodermis into Ahkmou’s box, made sure it was well hidden, turned around, and ran. Sandstorm may be courageous, more arrogant than anything, and smart. But there is nothing that he fears more than a Dark Hunter, let alone two. Airwatcher came out of nowhere, he may be dumb, but he’s brutal. He promptly gave Sandstorm a pop on the head and gave chase. Mimic exposed himself right in front of Sandstorm and slowed him down enough to capture him. Sandstorm stopped struggling and reluctantly gave up. The Dark Hunters led him to a cave, released him of his cuffs and threw him into the cave. Sandstorm had had his energy drained and couldn’t do anything but talk. As the Dark Hunters pushed the stone into place, Sandstorn heard a familiar chuckle. “Ahkmou! You traitor! I thought we were friends.” Sandstorm said angrily. “A lot of people think a lot of things about me, but I’m not a traitor, just a businessman, out to make a profit.” Ahkmou said. “Do you know how much this job is worth? 20,000 widgets. That’s how much. And I’ll get even more when I return the “stolen” protodermis and turn you in.” “Wait, what about us?” “Yeah! We did all the hard work!” The Dark Hunters yelled. “Hard work? All you two did was catch a Toa and shove a rock. But, I see your point, I should pay you. How does five percent sound?” “For both of us?” They said in unison, excited. “No, five percent for you to share.” Ahkmou quickly left the scene, chuckling, as the Dark hunters started fighting over the 100 widgets. Helpless, Sandstorm sat there, anticipating a future in prison.

HERE!

Chapter Three: A Strange Friend

After Sandstorm recovered his strength, he decided to go exploring. The more he knew about this cave, the more of a chance he stood against hundreds, if not thousands, of Vahki. He had found several side tunnels and thought that they seemed to be an abandoned section of the Onu-Metru archives because there were numerous items of notable historic worth stockpiled in different rooms. But he also noticed that all of the crates had been stamped with an official archive note to be shipped to the Po-Metru carving fields. While preparing for battle against the Vahki, something flashed in the corner of his eye. Then, out of nowhere, a blow came to him from behind. Sandstorm staggered to the floor to become victim to more and more kicks and punches. He quickly regained his balance and grappled with his unseen foe. The battle was brutal Sandstorm lost feeling in his right arm and his foe was leaking bodily fluids. “What kind of rahi are you?” Sandstorm yelled, expecting no response. “Rahi? I aint no rahi I’m an Earth Toa! What kind of Dark Hunter are you?” The Toa replied. “Well, I’m not a Dark Hunter. I’m a Toa too!” Sandstorm said. “Well, it seems that we’ve settled our differences. Now we need to get out of here.” The Toa said. Ahkmou was casually walking through the canyons with the box of protodermis, searching for the nearest squad of Zadakh, when an explosion echoed throughout the canyon. Rocks were raining down everywhere, Ahkmou ducked for cover but his leg got pinned under a small boulder. He yelled out in pain and tried to get out, but it was no use. He saw two tall figures in front of him and chuckled uncertainly. “Nukovac, good to see you again buddy.” Ahkmou said. “I aint your buddy no more, traitor.” Nukovac said. “We’ll be taking this.” Sandstorm said “And returning it for, what was it, 20,000 widgets?” “No! You can’t do that! You’re a criminal Sandstorm. They’ll take you in as soon as you return it.” Ahkmou said. “Well, in that case, Nukovac will return it, clear my name, and say that you stole it.” Sandstorm said. “No! I didn’t steal it! You did!” Ahkmou yelled. “Yeah, but you stole how many artifacts from the archives?” Sandstorm said. The two Toa walked away from a protesting Ahkmou and into Po-Metru to find someone to clean this mess up.

Edited by Phantom Terror

HERE!

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 4, Unexpected Events

The pair of Toa strolled casually up to the outskirts of the heart of Metru Nui. Sandstorm decided to hang back while Nukovac entered the city. He was in and out. “I got the Turaga to cut you some slack, but he’s still angry with you for committing so many crimes.” Nukovac said. “Well, where are the 20,000 widgets?” Sandstorm inquired. “That’s what allowed the Turaga to cut you some slack.” Nukovac replied. “Well, it’s better than nothing.” Sandstorm said. “What else?” “The Turaga has issued a city-wide watch. From now on, you’ll be monitored from every corner of the city. So if you screw up, they’ll know. Then, it’s off to the smelting pool for you.” Nukovac said. “Great…” Sandstorm said. “Where do we go next?” “I don’t care.” Nukovac said. “Well, I might as well take you to see a ‘friend’ of mine.” Sandstorm said. The pair then headed off to Po-Metru. When they got there, there was destruction all around. Matoran were lying dead in the streets, houses were in flames, and there was nothing left of the business alley. “Come on.” Sandstorm said as he bolted toward the outskirts. “We don’t have much time.” They reached Ornika’s hut. There wasn’t much left of it. “Empty.” Sandstorm said. “Over here!” Nukovac called, holding a half charred Ornika. “Ornika!” Sandstorm said. “Who did this?” He asked. “I, don’t have much time.” Ornika said in a raspy voice. “It isn’t important who did this. It is only important that you stop him from doing it to other Metrus.” “What do I do?” Sandstorm said. “You must find the rest of the Toa, unite them, and…” Ornika trailed off before he could finish. “Here.” Nukovac said. “It has the names of other Toa.” “First one on the list, a Toa of Water.” Sandstorm said. “We head to Ga-Metru next.” “How will we get there in time?” Nukovac said. “I might just know a way…” Sandstorm said. They rented a chute-car and got into the fastest chute that they could find. “We have 30 more klicks to go.” Sandstorm said. Then, out of nowhere, an invisible force shattered the chute. “Jump!” Sandstorm yelled. They found themselves in a free-fall “500 feet.” Sandstorm said. “450, 400…” Sandstorm continued. “Now!” They changed the direction they were going and dove into the Silver Sea. Nukovac and Sandstorm sank like a rock. “It’s over.” Sandstorm thought, and he blacked out. When he woke up, he was bound in chains in an observatory tower. Nukovac was nowhere in sight. “Hey! Nukovac! Anybody?” Sandstorm yelled. “Shut up.” A mysterious figure said. “Who are you?” “My name is Sandstorm.” Sandstorm replied. “Why did you sabotage the chute?” The mysterious figure asked. “Sabotage? Why would I do that?” Sandstorm replied. “I see your point.” The figure said. “My turn.” Sandstorm said. “Who are you?” “My name is Rivera. Toa of Water.” Rivera said. “What did you do with Nukovac?” Sandstorm asked. “The Toa of Earth? He’s in a critical condition.” Rivera replied. “Can I see him?” Sandstorm asked. “Not right now. He needs to rest.” Rivera said. “But, it seems that you are a Toa. Not one of the Dark Hunters that pretty much ended Po-Metru.” “Dark Hunters did that?” Sandstorm said. “I only thought that there were two.” “Well, the Dark Hunters have invaded the city. They’re hiding. But they’ll strike again.” Rivera said. “Right now we need all the help we can get to hunt the Hunters.” “Alright, I’m in.” Sandstorm said. “How many others are there?” “At least five other Toa, counting myself.” Rivera said. “I should probably call the others here.” Rivera said.

HERE!

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 5: Introductions

Sandstorm was greeted by a variety of faces and personalities. There was the fun-loving, non-serious Toa of Air, Muhaki, The Arrogant Toa of Fire, Planachar, The anti-social Toa of Ice, Xirax, The loudmouth Toa of Sonics, Kirana, as well as the Toa of Iron, Metalicus. “Alright everyone, this is Sandstorm, he’s the new Toa. He’s-” “He’s the one that broke the chute!” Planachar yelled. “And what makes you think that I did, Hot-head?” Sandstorm replied. “Please, save the fight for the Dark Hunters Planachar. I’ve already interrogated him, and it is safe to say that Sandstorm did not destroy the chute.” Rivera said. “Fine…” Planachar said. “There is one more, a Toa of Earth named Nukovac. He’s currently being attended to by the Matoran. He received major wounds from the accident.” Rivera said. “I told you I’m fine!” A familiar voice said. “But sir, your energy levels are greatly depleted. You need to rest.” A Matoran said. “Who needs rest? Not me.” Nukovac said defiantly. “What’d I miss?” He asked. “Who are the new guys?” He asked. “Right is the Toa of Earth. Introduce ourselves to him we must.” Muhaki said. “My name is Muhaki. Toa of Le-Metru and all things fun!” “I’m Metalicus, Toa of Iron.” “My name’s Kirana. I’m the Toa of Sonics.” “Do I need an introduction?” Planachar said. “That Hot-head is Planachar.” Sandstorm informed Nukovac. “Don’t call me that!” Planachar yelled. “Who’s he?” Sandstorm asked, pointing at Xirax. “Does it matter?” Xirax asked. “That’s Xirax, he doesn’t talk much.” Rivera said. “I’m Rivera, nice to meet you Nukovac. Now, it’s time you met our leader.” “He’s a great guy, you’ll love him.” Planachar said with a grin. Sandstorm and Nukovac were led through a series of winding passageways and chambers until they got to the top. “I’ll wait out here.” Rivera said. Sandstorm looked at Nukovac and shrugged. When they walked inside, they were greeted by axes, swords, and various other pointy objects mounted on the walls around them. “Ah! You must be the new recruits.” A tall, gold and red figure said. “I’m sorry, but recruits for what?” Sandstorm asked. “The Toa Alliance of course.” The figure said. “Forgive me, oh great and powerful one, but, who are you?” Sandstorm asked. “Oh please, such a title is not necessary.” The figure said. “I am Sevla. This glorious fortress you are standing in is the headquarters for the Alliance. I have joined the Toa of Metru Nui together for the good of the people. The Turaga knows nothing of this although, he still assumes that the Toa are still functioning separately, whereas they are actually acting as a whole protecting the entire city from threats, other than their own Metru.” “Are you” Sandstorm started. “A Toa? No. I am merely a guardian. A guide if you will. I try not to interfere with the Toa’s affairs as much as I can. Rivera is the true leader to the Toa.” Sevla finished. “Okay, so: Are we done here?” Nukovac asked. “No, in order for you to join the Alliance, you must defeat me in a swordfight.” Sevla said. “Defeat as in, kill you?” Sandstorm asked. “No, if that were the case, I would be long gone by now.” Sevla replied. “Now, down to business.” Sevla drew two katana from a nearby wall. Sandstor chose a curved sword, which could also function as a spear. Nukovac chose a mace. “The rules are simple. The winner is declared when the opponent has been disarmed and disabled.” Sevla said. “If you manage to defeat me, you may keep your weapon, however, if you lose, you will be sent to the outskirts of Metru Nui and never be allowed to return to the city.” “Let the battle commence!” A Matoran announced. Sandstorm quickly circled around Sevla while Nukovac swung his mace. Selva blocked Nukovac’s attack with one Katana and when Sandstorm attacked from behind, Sevla blocked, swung his sword upward, and mounted Sandstorm’s sword in the ceiling. Nukovac eventually broke through and got close enough to Sevla to steal one of his Katana. “Sandstorm! Catch!” Nukovac yelled as he threw the sword in Sandstorm’s direction. Sevla intercepted and faced Nukovac again.” Sandstorm quickly grabbed a disc launcher and shot a hole in the ceiling, freeing his sword. He then struck at Sevla again. This time he made contact. Sevla was caught off balance and fell backwards. He had lost a sword, which Sandstorm had picked up. Sevla quickly jumped to his feet and swung his sword at Nukovac’s legs. Startled, Nukovac stumbled backwards and fell. Sevla bolted towards him like a ray of light. Sandstorm acted quickly and shot Sevla’s katana out of the disc launcher. Sevla had already lost one sword, he was not too happy about the thought of losing another. He moved quickly, but not quickly enough. His sword was caught and impaled at least 3 feet into the wall from the sheer force of the other Katana. Sevla abandoned the swords and deployed his daggers. He was fierce with them and quickly ran over to Sandstorm, knocking his sword into the wall. Sandstorm had no choice but to take a shot at Sevla with the disc launcher. He aimed at Sevla’s feet, shot, and knocked Sevla to the ground. Sandstorm was on top of Sevla in moments. He took his daggers and threw them across the room, he then hog-tied Sevla with some rope that had been suspending a light stone before Sandstorm shot the ceiling. “I believe, that you have been disarmed and disabled.” Sandstorm said. “You used a disc launcher, I never said you could do that.” Sevla said, exhausted. “You never said I couldn’t.” Sandstorm replied. “Very well, you and Nukovac may join the Alliance.” Sevla said. “Yeah!” Nukovac yelled with joy. “Looks like we’ll be staying a while.” Sandstorm said to Rivera. “Great. We could always use more Toa.” Rivera said. “So, what’s your weapon?” “Hold on.” Sandstorm said, grabbing the disc launcher. He shot a second hole in the ceiling and dislodged his sword. “That’s one way of doing it.” Rivera said. “I guess you’ll keep both.” “Yeah, but I’m gonna spend some time tinkering with this gun. It needs more power.” Sandstorm said. And with that, the three friends walked off through the maze that brought them here. “He is strong.” A mysterious voice said. “Yes, he will prove greatly beneficial in our plans.” Sevla replied. “You have done well Sevla, more so than I anticipated.” “Thank you.” Sevla replied. “Now, can we get someone on floor 235, room 2B to clean this mess up?” He said through a communicator.

NOTE: Permission to use Sevla: Guardian of the Light in: The Adventures of Sandstorm has been granted to me by creator and BZPower user DARKSIDERZ.

Edited by Phantom Terror

HERE!

Chapter 6, another Metru is destroyed.

Sandstorm and Nukovac, celebrating their victory, partied hard. They went to the local bar, had a few drinks, and went back to HQ. “I’m gonna go work on my launcher.” Sandstorm said. “Okay, see ya later.” Nukovac replied. Sandstorms chamber, coincidentally, was located directly adjacent from Sevla’s. Sandstorm keyed in his room code, walked inside and flipped the light on. “Hi.” Xirax said. Sandstorm was startled to say the least, mostly because Xirax was hanging up-side-down in front of his face. “What are you doing here?” He asked. “I don’t have much time; I’m not supposed to be here.” Xirax said. “You’re telling me.” Sandstorm muttered. “Ta-Metru is in danger. I was monitoring the communication hub and heard some Dark Hunters say ‘The mask-melters won’t know what’s coming.’ ‘Quiet you cool dude, there are surveillance devices around here. You don’t want to get us killed, do you?’.” Xirax said. “Ta-Metru, we’ve got to warn Planachar.” Sandstorm said. “No! Don’t do that.” Xirax warned. “Why not?” Sandstorm asked. “Because, he’s suspicious of you sabotaging the chute.” Xirax answered. “Will he let that go already? Rivera already told him what happened.” Sandstorm said. “Planachar doesn’t ‘let stuff go’ as easily as you think.” Xirax replied. “Besides, Kirana is there. She’ll warn us if anything happens.” As if on cue, the alarm sounded. “I need backup, Ta-Metru is under attack! There are about forty-no 70 Dark Hunters here right now!” Kirana yelled. “See.” Xirax said. “Let’s go.” Sandstorm said, grabbing Xirax. They hurtled through the hallway to the dropship bay. Rivera, Planachar, and Nukovac were already there. “Let’s go already!” Planachar said. They all piled into a dropship and took off. While circling Ta-Metru, they could see that there wasn’t much left to save. Towers were collapsing, the Metru was in flames, and Matoran were being slaughtered. Rivera had attempted to douse the fires with her water powers, but for every fire out, ten more sprung up in its place. “It’s no use, we need to evacuate the Matoran!” “No, we can still fight.” Planachar said, jumping out of the dropship. “I agree.” Xirax said as he landed the dropship. The Toa swarmed out. Planachar had already taken out 4 Dark Hunters, but was quickly getting overwhelmed. “Rivera, you take Xirax and get the surviving Matoran out of here. Nukovac, you find Kirana.” Sandstorm said. “I’m going to help Planachar.” “Ok.” Rivera said. We’ll be back in two hours. “Same.” Nukovac said. “Well it’s about time you got here.” Planachar said. “What, I don’t even get a thank you?” Sandstorm said, hurling a dead Dark Hunter into a mob of others. “Hey, I’ve got an idea.” Sandstorm said. “What?” Planachar asked. “It involves you, a levitation disc, and that building over there.” Sandstorm said. “I’m in.” Planachar said.

Meanwhile…

“That’s it, come on.” Rivera said, getting Matoran into the evacuation ships. “Do you need any help?” She asked Xirax. “No.” He replied as he added another layer of ice to the barrier that was keeping the Dark Hunters at bay. “Suit yourself.” Rivera said.

Nukovac was hurtling through the Dark Hunter resistance. He had taken out how many now? He had lost count after twenty. “Kirana!” He yelled. Then he saw her, she was fending off twenty Vortixx at once. He knew she wouldn’t last long in the state she was in. She had a large gash in her left arm. And her right leg was bent in an odd position. Nukovac drew his mace and charged into the fray.

Planachar was at the top of the building, as Sandstorm instructed. He grabbed a nearby disc launcher, loaded the levitation disc, and fired it at himself. He was alarmed at the fact that he was floating 20 stories in the air with nothing beneath him. He had 3 minutes to do this. He loaded another disc and fired at the base of the building.

“That’s everyone! Let it loose!” Rivera said. “Okay.” Xirax said, exhausted. “Here they come.” He said as the ice started to crack. Rivera knew that they faced certain death. But they had to try. “For Metru Nui!” She

yelled.

“Kirana!” Nukovac yelled “Duck!” Kirana did as she was told. All around her, Vortixx were falling. Most of them didn’t have heads any more. And those that did, didn’t have much left of them. “Come on, we’ve got to meet up with the others.” Nukovac said. “I, I can’t walk.” Kirana said. “Then we stay here.” Nukovac said as

more and more Dark Hunters swarmed the district they were holding.

The building struck the ground with such a crash that almost all the Dark Hunters toppled over. Sandstorm braced himself and made it through the tremor un-phased. Planachar promtly then fell on top of him. “Guess I was a little slow.” He said. Rivera came running towards them next. “Where’s Xirax?” Sandstorm asked. “On his way. He went to grab the ship.” She replied. “That just leaves Nukovac and Kirana.”

Nukovac was swinging his mace left and right, taking out five to ten Dark Hunters at a time. Then, out of nowhere, a volley of missiles rained down in front of him and Kirana. Nukovac looked up to see what had

happened. He saw a dropship descending. But it wasn’t theirs.

“That’s not our ship.” Sandstorm said. “Get ready.” Planachar said. “Don’t shoot!” Xirax’s voice yelled through a bull-horn. “It’s me.” The ship started descending and the boarding ramp was lowered. They were greeted by a very tired Nukovac. “Where’s Kirana?” Rivera asked. “In the jury-rigged medical bay. Stinkin’ Dark Hunters can’t maintain a decent ship.” Nukovac replied. They all went aboard and flew away from the smoking ruins of Ta-Metru.

Two more chapters until Part One is over.

Edited by Phantom Terror

HERE!

Chapter 7, The Enemy Revealed

The HQ was a ghost town when the Toa arrived back. Where there were usually Matoran running about, fixing tools or maintaining the systems, was nothing. “Something’s not right.” Sandstorm said. “You think?” Planachar said. Obviously upset that he had just witnessed his home be destroyed. Sandstorm heard a moan from the corner. “Who’s there?” He said. “Nightmares, the nightmares are everywhere!” Muhaki yelled in terror. He bolted out from a dark corner and tackled Xirax. “What are you doing!?” Xirax yelled as he threw Muhaki off of him. “Get away, must get away!” Muhaki yelled as he ran toward the edge of the landing bay. “Muhaki! No!” Sandstorm yelled. He tried to catch Muhaki, but he was too fast. Muhaki had already jumped by the time Sandstorm got to the edge. “Open your wings!” Sandstorm yelled. “What?” Muhaki said to himself. “AHHHHH!” He yelled. He hit the ground moments later. There wasn’t much left of him in just one spot. “We need to find who did that to him.” Sandstorm said. “Nukovac, get Kirana stabilized in the medical bay. Then get whatever Matoran you can find contained as well as Metalicus. We’ll need him.” “Got it.” Nukovac said. He then disappeared into the dark maze of hallways with Kirana on a makeshift gurney. “Rivera, you take Planachar and alert the Turaga. As much as I hate to say it, we could use some Vahki right now.” “Okay. Let’s go Planachar.” Rivera replied. “No. I’m going to stay here and fight ‘till I die.” Planachar replied. “I’ll go.” Xirax said as he walked towards Rivera. “I guess you’re with me.” Sandstorm said to Planachar. “Where are we going?” Planachar asked. “To find Sevla. Before he finds us.” Sandstorm replied. “What do mean ‘before he finds us’?” Planachar asked. “Okay, imagine a living cache of weaponry, gone crazy by nightmares, chasing and killing everything in sight.” Sandstorm said. “Okay, I’ve got it.” Planachar said.

Nukovac had found three Matoran cowering in the shadows. One had struck out at him, so Nukovac knocked him out shortly after. The holomap that he had of the building was crazy, one moment it would say Fl.30. Another time it would say Fl.200. “How does Rivera use this thing?” Nukovac said to himself. The holomap shorted out. But not before Nukovac could find the medical bay. “Okay, 3A, 3B, 3C.” Nukovac said. By now Kirana was in a critical condition now, she was barely holding on. “Hold on Kirana, just gotta get the lights on.” He said. As if on cue, the lights flicked on by themselves. “Okay, now that was odd.” Nukovac said. He had gotten the Matoran stabilized, when he turned around to get Kirana hooked up to the machines, what he saw was not Kirana. He saw a phantom, just floating in the middle of the room. “You do not belong here.” It said. “Heck yeah I do belong here.” Nukovac said as he drew his mace. He smashed it downward, it just flew through the phantom harmlessly, but the phantom disappeared when Nukovac hit the holomap. “That wasn’t funny Sandstorm.” Nukovac muttered to himself as he hooked Kirana up.

“So, Sevla’s running around crazy?” Planachar asked. “I don’t know. That’s why we need to find out.” Sandstorm replied. “Here’s the gym. Is your weapon ready?” “Locked and loaded.” Planachar replied. “Okay. One, two, three!” Sandstorm yelled as he kicked the door in. “Sevla? Where are you?” Sandstorm yelled. “Over here…” Sevla moaned. “Sevla, are you alright?” Planachar asked. “No. I’ve let this foundation fall. I’ve failed.” Sevla said. “What do mean?” Sandstorm asked. “I’m not native to Metru Nui. I’m a Lumi. The last of my species. I was recruited into the Order of Mata Nui shortly after the massacre of my race.” Sevla replied. “So, you’re an Order agent. I knew something was odd about you.” Planachar said. “I need to leave. Sandstorm is ready to lead you. But, before I go, I need to tell you something.” Sevla said. “Wait, you’re going to die?” Sandstorm said. “No, not yet at least.” Sevla said. “It’s almost time for me to go. Whatever you do, don’t fall asleep, and the phantom is real.” Sevla vanished shortly after he finished speaking. “The phantom is real.” Sandstorm echoed. “What do you think that means?” “I think that it means this…” A mysterious voice said. “Planachar, did you say something?” Sandstorm asked. “No, why?” Planachar replied. “I heard someone, or something, say something.” “It’s probably your imagination.” Planachar said. “Is this imagination?” The voice said again. “Okay, now I’m freaked out.” Planachar said. “See ya later Sandstorm.” And Planachar ran off into the blackness of the hall. “No, Planachar!” Sandstorm yelled. But Planachar had disappeared. “It’s no use.” The voice said. “He’s succumbed to nightmarish sleep. As the rest in this building have.” “Who are you?” Sandstorm said. “I. Am The Phantom Terror.” The voice said. Sandstorm turned around, and he saw a dark red figure materializing in front of him. “Shall we begin?” The Phantom Terror said.

Edited by Phantom Terror

HERE!

Chapter 8, The End of the Beginning

“Begin what?” Sandstorm asked. “The battle for Metru Nui. Within moments, Metru Nui will fall into a deep sleep. And I will be the new ruler. Metru Nui will be reduced to ashes, true. But I will reconstruct it, make it better.” The Phantom Terror replied. “Better how? Endless nightmares, endless chaos? If you win you will rule Metru Nui, but not for very long.” Sandstorm said. “Very well.” The Phantom Terror said. “Let us duel.” And with that, he vanished. Only to reappear to the left of Sandstorm. The Phantom Terror raised his left hand, and the knives and swords in the room all floated off the walls in unison. “Goodbye Sandstorm.” The Phantom Terror said.

Planachar was running as fast as he could, what he had seen and heard back there scared, no, terrified him. He needed to get out of here as fast as possible. Then, the phantom appeared. “Sleep…” It said. Planachar had activated his Hau, but the attack was not physical, it was mental. All of Planachar’s greatest fears seemed to come to life in front of him. He saw a Kanohi Dragon

in front of him, fire spewing from its mouth, and everything went dark.

Metalicus was casually walking through a dark corridor, looking for a light of some sort “Come on, did Kirana forget to pay the power bill again?” He said to himself. Then he saw a light up ahead. He rushed up to the infirmary to find twelve Matoran, as well as Kirana, hospitalized. “What happened?” He said, readying his halberd. He then heard a yell from behind him and saw Nukovac right before he got tackled. Nukovac couldn’t stop, he fell on his face and slid into a wall. “What are you doing?” Metalicus asked. “I take it you’re not terrified.” Nukovac said, letting out a moan of discomfort. “What do you mean terrified? It’s just a little dark and shadow.” Metalicus said. “Someone’s taken control of the tower. Sandstorm told me to get Kirana and the Matoran stabilized while Rivera and Xirax went to get the Vahki.” Nukovac replied. “So, I guess Muhaki and Planachar are with Sandstorm.” Metalicus said. “No. Muhaki is dead.” Nukovac said grimly. “Dead?” Metalicus echoed. “Yeah, fell 300 feet to the ground.” Nukovac said. “Muhaki has wings; he knows how to use them. This is all just a big prank, isn’t it.” Metalicus said. “No. Muhaki is dead; you can see him all over the pavement.” Nukovac said. “Okay, then we need to help Sandstorm, whatever caused Muhaki

to commit suicide must be strong.” Metalicus said.

Sandstorm managed to dodge most of the knives and swords, but he couldn’t keep it up forever. He was already cut in multiple places, and he had a knife stuck in his houlder, but he kept fighting. “Yes… Die!” The Phantom Terror said. “Not today.” Sandstorm said as he shot a disc at The Phantom Terror. “We will meet again. Soon.” The Phantom Terror said. As the disc hit him, he dissipated. The knives and swords then fell to the ground, and Metalicus and Nukovac came rushing in. “Hi guys.” Sandstorm said. “Uh, you’ve got something in your arm.” Metalicus said. “Yeah, but that’s the least of our problems right now, did you guys see Planachar on your way here?” Sandstorm asked. “Yeah, he’s okay; we’ve got him locked up for now.” Nukovac replied. “So, it’s just us three against a phantom that can appear and disappear at will.” Sandstorm said. “Great.” Metalicus said. “Let’s make the hunter become the hunted.”

Kirana was just waking up from stasis when The Phantom Terror appeared in the middle of the room. She quickly recognized him and pretended to be having nightmares. “I know that you’re awake.” The Phantom Terror said. “Do not fear me, child, for I have not come to harm you.” “Then why have you come?” Kirana inquired. “Join me; I know your true heritage, that you hail from my island.” The Phantom Terror answered. “So what if I do, I made my choice. You made yours.” Kirana replied. “Yes, but you are not a Toa of Sonics, you and I both know that.” Kirana needed to keep him talking, if she could just reach her shield, she could escape. “So, if you know that, why haven’t you told anyone else?” She coaxed. “Because, if they knew how much of a rarity you are, they would come running to protect you as soon as possible.” The Phantom Terror said. Kirana had reached her shield now. “Stop.” The Phantom Terror said. Kirana slumped back into her bed. “Clever trick, keeping me talking like that. But it won’t happen again.” “If you can really read my mind, you’d know that I’ll never join you.” Kirana said. “True, it would be a shame to kill you, but I have no choice.” The Phantom Terror said “Now, prepare for dissection.”

“Metalicus, find Planachar and knock some sense into him. Nukovac, you’re with me.” Sandstorm said. “Where are we going?” Nukovac asked. “The infirmary. That’s the most likely place that The Phantom Terror will be.” Sandstorm replied.

Metalicus was halfway to Planachar’s cell now. When he got there, it was hard to believe that any part of Planachar’s mind was still there. He had been reduced to primitive grunts and yells, banging on the cell door. “Hi buddy, sorry in advance.” Metalicus said as he blasted the cell door open with his halberd. Planachar came barreling out at Metalicus. He used the same strategy that he used with Nukovac. He sidestepped, let Planachar slip and slide. Then Metalicus added something new, he whacked Planachar on the head with the flat of his blade. “When you wake up, please don’t kill me.” Metalicus said as he left a note with Planachar. And with that, Metalicus rushed to the infirmary.

Sandstorm had almost gotten to the infirmary when he heard Kirana scream out in pain. “Come on.” He said to Nukovac, but he wasn’t there anymore. Sandstorm drew his spear and charged into the door, tackling The Phantom Terror. They grappled with each other for a few moments until Sandstorm knocked The Phantom Terror out. “Are you okay Kirana?” Sandstorm asked. “I’m fine.” Kirana said. “No you’re not.” Sandstorm said, “Just give me a minute to figure this out.” Then Vahki came bursting up the levels of the building, led by Xirax and Rivera. “We’re back.” Rivera said. “It looks like you took care of things.” As if on cue, The Phantom Terror let out a yell and sent lightning all throughout the building, paralyzing the Vahki. “You will not defeat me so easily.” The Phantom Terror said. He shot red orbs out of his staff, hitting Rivera and Nukovac who had just arrived. They crumpled to the ground and succumbed to the nightmares. Metalicus burst through the door next, followed by Planachar, weapons at the ready, Metalicus threw his halberd and pierced The Phantom Terror’s chest, but he wasn’t even fazed. Metalicus was then hit by one of the nightmare orbs. Xirax and Planachar covered Sandstorm as he got close to The Phantom Terror, but they both fell. “While I may have shown mercy to them, I will not show it to you!” The Phantom Terror yelled as he jumped on top of Sandstorm. “This time, you will not get lucky.” Sandstorm was about to be stabbed when a beam of light shot through The Phantom Terror. He let out a howl of pain and crumpled to the ground, assuming a solid form once he dropped his staff. Sandstorm didn’t know what had happened, Kirana had been in stasis, everyone else was down for the count, but for now, he needed to get The Phantom Terror locked up, before he could do any more damage. Lights were flickering back on, clouds were being pierced by sunlight, and the city of legends was awakened. “The beginning has ended.” Sandstorm said to himself. “So that’s what Ornika meant."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading Part 1! Please leave any C&C you have in the Review topic! :D

HERE!

• 1 year later...