Mass Effect: Division

Light

IC: "That was a while ago." Shepard dismissed it with a wave of his hand. "It's always nice to have new crew on board. Livens things up."

IC: Garrus laughed. "He does have a tendency of doing that, one you've been around him long enough."

Edited by Elvis

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Valeria)

"I do wonder...what would happen if we introduced him to the heads of each nation?" The idea of a three beings mentored by Shepherd in control of the three most powerful human nations in history was....both distubing and immenslyamusing. "We would be at war with the Batarians in three seconds. If that."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Tali looked at Cat in surprise, then shrugged and refocused on trying to get her straw through her mask. "Shepard doesn't dance."

IC: Shepard looked at the quarian standing next to him with an eyebrow raised. "Tali's right. My dancing leaves much to be desired."

IC: Garrus chuckled again. "He gets things done, that's for certain."

IC: A combination of Rick and a Singularity issued from Commander Tunkai's implants took care of the sniper easily. The soldiers ran forward after their commander, into the streets of the ruins.

Tunkai's men were good, well-trained soldiers. They weren't running blindly into an unsecured area, no sir. They watching the roofs and surrounding area carefully. There wasn't much cover here, and Tunkai didn't like it. At all.

When the attack finally came it was from a surprising direction: behind and down. The rear soldiers were dispatched quickly by the mercs now pouring out of a previously unseen entrance to the maintenance tunnels, (Tunkai hated fighting in ruins, impossible to get a good map) but their sacrifice bought the Commander enough time to get his troops reorganized to fight the threat. Tunkai had made a mistake, and now his men would pay.

Unless...

The maintenance tunnel left one crucial thing to be desired. It was like a canyon- easy on the defenders. So long as the mercs had soldiers offering surpressing fire at the door, they could enter and exit without trouble. Any ISA soldier standing to fire would be minus one head. However, should those men fall, it would be a bloodbath. Tunkai ordered his men to get behind what cover there was.

The older soldier lept up, activating his barrier into full boost mode, ignoring the prompts that this would be horrible on the armor's circuits. He didn't think he'd be needing it again. The Valkyrie rifle in Tunkai's weatherbeaten hands began to fire, shooting down the men at and coming through the door as bullets pinged off his shields.

For an instant it looked like the Commander would get to cover in time, but the enemy general had a back-up plan. Two snipers, under orders to stop anyone blocking the exit. The sniper on the shorter building raised his modified Mantis to his shoulder and fired, the bullet cleaving through Tunkai's shields, armor, and flesh. The man missed his heart, barely. Tunkai would die, no doubt about that. But he had a few instants left on this mortal plain, even if they were to be spent lying on a battlefield far from home.

The commander was knocked back by the shot, landing on the ground with a soft thump. If the sniper thought he would crush the army's resolve by killing their commander, he was wrong. The sharpshooter was cut down nearly instantly by a grenade launcher (which had been loaded during Tunkai's distraction) and his friend met much the same fate. A few brave souls secured the door, while someone dragged Tunkai's barely breathing form back to cover.

IC: Surin Hakirin clicked on his comm, his signal aimed at the human vessel in front of his patrol ship. "What is the meaning of this incursion on Council space?"

Edited by Elvis

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Afterlife nigh club, Omega

Camille was too focused on trying to drown the young mercenary in his own blood to listen to what Shepard was saying. "Ma'am, please do as he says," the Salarian bartender spoke up nervously, making sure to keep out of her reach, "We have a strict policy about-"

"Shut up," Camille growled and the Salarian quickly stopped talking to avoid directing her wrath at himself. At that moment, she felt a hand on her arm and she almost lashed out but stopped when she heard a familiar voice.

"Camille, come on. I think he's had enough," Jason said to her gently, drawing up beside her, "And you're starting to draw a crowd."

"Let 'em watch. I think they're enjoying it anyway," Camille grunted, punctuating her statement by drawing up the young man's head and pounding it onto the counter again, eliciting some scattered cheers, "And he hasn't had enough until I say he has."

"I think security's beginning to disagree with you," he muttered, glancing over to where a pair of security guards were watching and starting to fidget with their rifles, "Come on now, before someone really gets hurt."

"Pfft, they're just bouncers. We can take 'em," Camille replied, although she also glanced at the guards.

"I don't doubt that, but I'd also like to avoid being banned from entering here ever again if I can help it," Jason told her, "Please, Camille." For a moment, Camille maintained her hold but finally shoved the young mercenary to the ground, producing a smear of blood across the floor.

"Get out of my sight," she frowned, "I ever see you again and you're not going to be walking away." The mercenary just whimpered a bit and slowly hobbled away before Camille's boot impacting his rear spurred him on faster. As the other guests started chatting amongst themselves again now that the show was over, she turned her attention back to the Salarian bartender. "If you don't have my drink ready by now, I swear to God..." The Salarian quickly came forward and produced the desired drink, which Camille snatched from his hands. "See you at the table," she muttered to Jason before making her way back through the crowd. Jason nodded at her retreating form approaching the counter, where the bartender was visibly relieved.

"Sorry about that," he said with an apologetic grimace, "She wasn't too hard on you, was she Siqs?"

"No more than usual," the bartender sighed, fishing a cloth from his apron and running it under some water, "Although this stain isn't going to come out so easily."

"I'll leave you an extra large tip tonight," Jason offered, which prompted an appreciative smile from the Salarian as he started wiping down the counter. Turning to where Commander Shepard was speaking to the young woman who had been standing by Camille, he waited for a lull in the conversation before speaking, "Hi there, excuse me. Just wanted to say that I'm really sorry you had to see that. My teammate can be...passionate at times."

IC"I know Shepard can't dance." Cat said matter-of-factly. "Actually, I'm pretty sure that's a well known fact."When the man spoke up, Cat turned to face him and her bright green eyes sparkled as she began to laugh. "It's okay. I think everyone has seen worse on this planet anyway." Her eyes then fell on the bloody puddle that was beggining to spread dangerously close to her feet. "But I think I a swift hit to the groin would have sufficed as punishment."

IC: Afterlife night club, Omega

"Just one hit wouldn't have been enough for Camille," Jason smiled, "A shotgun would have eventually been involved at some point." Noticing that the young woman was eyeing the blood pooling on the floor and spreading towards her feet, he gestured to Siqs for something to wipe with and was handed some rags. "Here, let me," he said, dropping the rags onto the puddle and using his boot to clean it up a bit. "Oh, I'm sorry, where are my manners?" he asked, realizing that he still had not introduced himself and extended his clean hand, "Name's Jason."

IC"Oh my! A gentleman on Omega?" Cat laughed as she took his hand and shook it. "Catalina, but my friends call me Cat." She then looked him over, her bright eyes looking at him closer. He seemed to be a mercenary, but then again that was half of this planet."So what brings you to this beautiful place?" She asked with a smirk.

Edited by Rawrmouse_Bieber

IC:

In the colored florescent lights of Afterlife, everything appeared to be some shade of pink or red. Which is why the trademark coat of one of the Normandy's newest crew members didn't stand out, instead blending with the environment, moving unseen through the peripheral vision of the club's occupants.

Omega's most eccentric resident moved around with interest, watching the interactions occurring around him. He watched Catalina talk with an unknown mercenary, and one of said mercenary's comrades beat down a third being. He watched the bartender try and clean up the blood, and failing miserably. And in the midst of all of this, he seemed to just... Appear.

"Hiya, Siqs!"

The bartender froze, hoping against hope that the arrival wasn't who he thought he was. He was. The single most odd patron Afterlife had ever seen, eternally clad in a single red, antique coat. A walking anachronism. "What can I do for you, sir?"

"I'd like a drink. And don't let the other guy make it, he tried to poison me last time. Vodka in my drink, what was he thinking? Hundred proof, at that."

".... How is that poison, sir?"

"Poison of the mind, my friend! If he'd succeeded, I'd have been too intoxicated to realize that the Turian following me home was trying to kill me! In fact," He whispered conspiratorially. "I think he might have sent the Turian after me."

".... I'll get your drink."

"Atta boy!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC - Evelyn: After re-reading his notes for the 20th time the student sighed and stood up. There was still an hour left before his targets would appear so he got in line for Afterlife. He entered the dark nightclub and was initially dazed by the strobe effects and loud music. The man wandered about for a few minutes, curious as to how people thought of this as fun.

After a couple of minutes he took a seat next to the man in the red coat. He was vaguely reminded of his own attire as a bounty hunter but shrugged it off as a coincidence. He looked over to the bartender and shook his head. It was probably a bad idea to get drunk before combat.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

"I grew up on this station, actually," Jason replied, gesturing around once they had finished shaking hands, "Brought my team here for some R&R and maybe see if we can find another client." Adjusting a bit to let some people settle in at the bar on his other side, he added, "What about you? This can't be your first time here."

ICCat grinned and shook her head. "Oh no. It is definitely not my first time here..." In all honesty, The Cat, the name that was given to Catalina during her hired killing days, was well known on Omega. Not that she didn't kill anymore, she just killed those who deserved it. Like the men that were now dead in the dark alley just a few minutes away from here, their bodies now cold. Yes, those men would never bother anyone again. "I was here on personal business." She replied, a mischievous, cat-like smile appearing on her face.

IC:

"Danke, Siqs." Alistair said cheerfully, taking a sip from his newly arrived drink. The bartender muttered something inaudible, and then turned around to leave. "Hmmm. No vodka this time. Good. All that's left is to see if another person follows me."

Quite suddenly, his head snapped around to look at Evelyn. "What do you think?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Her use of "personal business" clued Jason in that this young woman Catalina might be more than she appeared to be. He recalled some stories from the last few times that he had been back on Omega about an assassin known as The Cat and her mannerisms and the way her eyes seemed to glow made him wonder if there was a connection. Putting the thought aside for later consideration, he nodded, "Of course. Everyone's got business here on Omega." Looking around, he added, "Bar's getting a bit crowded. I've got a table over there and I don't my team will mind some guests. Unless your friends here had other plans."

ICCatalina shook her head. "No I think they'll be fine. They can find me when it's time to go." She said with a nod, following him to the table. She gave them each a smile before she sat down. "How goes it?" She asked sweetly, her eyes not giving off the same tone as her voice.

IC - Evelyn: "Me? Well I guess the red coat you're wearing would make it easy for someone to follow you. I suppose if someone really wanted to kill you, they'd either get in behind you as they passed or be perched up in the rigging to snipe you." The student said as he opened up his omnitool. He checked his messages discreetly, mostly spam with some job offers from some clients in the Terminus systems.

"Hmm... I wonder how Alea is doing..." The student muttered as he deleted most of the spam slowly. It was rather clear that he didn't know how to use his Omni-Tool.

IC:

"You're doing that wrong."

"You're essentially opening up your spam folder, picking one message, deleting it, exiting your spam folder, and then repeating the process. It's like you're opening your mailbox, taking out one letter out of hundreds, tearing it up, and then reaching back in. After you've already closed and reopened the mailbox." While Alistair's analogy made sense in theory, he was in entirely the wring era. Mailboxes had ceased to be in use almost a century and a half ago. "What you should be doing is destroying them all at once with a flamethrower."

"You're wrong about the other one, too. Anyone setting up a sniper position would be immediately noticed by everyone else on Omega, killed by forty seven bullets in exactly 0.02 seconds, and had his body retrieved, stuffed in a bag, and then presented to his gang before he would be taken and spaced out an airlock. And then Aria would get angry, and another bunch of gang members would die in the resulting gang war, and the process repeats over, and over, and over, and over, and over in a vicious, vicious cycle of revenge ultimately ending when there aren't enough people left to fight and everyone gets sick of it and goes home to their dens where they proceed to start plotting it over and over again. And then Aria gets her nails done.""I've seen it happen."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Human Vessel)

Captain Jefferson frowned. They were well within human space, the system was not inhabited except for the odd mining station, but it was USSR territory. What the bloody heck were the Turians during here? This meeting was top secret, an attempt to mend the wounds caused by the First Interstellar War and bring humanity closer together. It had been heck trying to get even some lower-level functionaries on each side to agree to this. Jefferson knew just how important his mission was.....and though this was a diplomatic craft, it was armed. Not as heavily as a Turian patrol but he wasn't about to let an alien dictate to him in human space. "I could ask the same of you Turian. You are in violation of the Council-Union Treaty. Exit the system or we will be forced to take action."

As if on cue, he activated the vessels shields and weapons.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Jefferson)

Jefferson raised an eyebrow. The Treaty of Seron? He'd never bloody heard of that before. He turned to his second. "Hail one of the USSR mining stations. Tell them to contact the fleet. We have problems." He didn't dignify the insane Turian's request with a response. "Power up the engines. We're making a break for it." The ship shook as the engines activated. The diplomatic vessel surged away from the Turians. Jefferson hoped it would be enough. It probably wasn't, but it was his duty to try.

IC:

Rick got to a safe position in one of the buildings. He observed the battle field and saw Tukai fall. He immediately took out his sniper rifle, loading it with incendiary ammo, and aimed at the sniper. He fired and went right through his scope and into his eye. He then aimed at the ones who came from the rear. He then needed to reload. He took out his assault rifle, and fired away at them. He fired and reloaded, with armor-pierce, then fired away. He then went out of the building and ran across to the building across, firing away at the mercs.

He then ran through the door into the next building undetected. He then setup a position and fired away.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC - Evelyn: "That's... interesting." Evelyn said as he looked around the nightclub. The guards were heavily armed and predominantly Batarian. The possibility of a firefight seemed nigh-impossible here. He eyed the clock on his Omni-Tool before looking over to Alistar.

"Technology has never been my strong point anyways. I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Evelyn Wren, travelling scholar." The young, androgynous man said as he held out his hand to the man in the red coat.

IC: "They're making a break for it. Gunners, fire to stop, not destroy." Surin sighed. Humans. The main thanix cannon swiveled, aiming at the other ship's engines. It fired a short burst- enough to cut down the shields but not much else. An EMP blast from the specialized cannon on the other side fired.IC: Shepard sighed. "I'll just be over here, talking to this reporter."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"...""You took my name."

Alistair announced, taking Evelyn's hand, and shaking it vigorously with a tight grip. "Alistair Wren, "Engineer, tinkerer, collector and self proclaimed master of useless trivia. I also seem to be the only resident of Omega that doesn't get drunk on a regular basis."

"I keep thinking the bartender will slip something in my drink."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Guys, this is Catalina," Jason said, gesturing to their guest as they sat down, "Catalina, these are my teammates Camille and Alank."

"Hey," Camille said curtly, looking noticeably calmer as she returned to her drink.

"Pleasure to meet you," Alank nodded and tried to manuever his face into something resembling a smile, which was easier said than done thanks largely in part to his lack of lips. As everyone got settled, the Turian glanced over his glass to get a better look at the newcomer. He recognized the look in her eyes and the story that they told, a story that he had seen many times in his career. Looking over at Jason for a moment, the two shared a look that told him that he wasn't the only one who thought that there was more to this woman than it seemed. Setting his glass down, he spoke, "So, Catalina, I noticed you getting awfully chummy with Commander Shepard over at the bar. You're familiar with the man?"

IC - Evelyn: "We could be possibly related. Or our ancestors really liked the same bird." Evelyn said with a smile. He looked down at his Omni-Tool. About 30 minutes left until his targets would be at the designated location.

"It's nice to see another human far from Earth. I was born on a ship and raised on a colony. How about you?" Evelyn said cheerfully. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a Turian with white facial markings. Memories flooded back to him and almost sent him into a rage before he took a deep breath and focused on Alistair.

ICCatalina noticed that the Turian and Jason shared a look, noticing that they both seemed suspicious about her. Well she might as tell the truth. "I suppose you could say that we are getting close." She then smiled, a strange light in her eyes. "I'm a member of his crew."

IC (Jefferson)

"General distress call! All channels!" Jefferson wiped the blood from the side of his mouth, the thrice-****ed Turians had just opened fire. His engines were basically gone. "Prepare to repel boarders! All weapons fire! Fire!" The diplomatic vessel's weapons surged to life, missiles struck out from it heading torwards the Turian fleet, defense turrets lashed out at the approaching vessels....for all the good they would do.

IC: The missiles were blown up with defensive turret blasts, but the human guns found their mark- on the patrol vessel's shield. "Fire at main weapons clusters." The gunner shot again, aiming to disable the ship's guns. Boarding would follow.IC: "Mind if I join you?" Tali asked. She'd given up on the straw and was now standing next to Cat. The alcohol was probably not triple filtered anyway.

Edited by Elvis

BZPRPG Profiles

Jason turned to see who was speaking and recognized the Quarian as the one who had been standing with Catalina and Shepard at the bar. After looking to Camille and Alank for consent and receiving a half-hearted shrug and a nod in response, he offered a polite smile and drew up another chair. "Not at all, please do," he said, "You must be a friend of Catalina's. I'm Jason and this is my team."

"Alank Varetnin," the Turian said, "Pleasure to meet you."

"Camille."

IC / Orinthia Nassus / Afterlife, OmegaOrinthia grimaced at the act of violence perpetrated against the hapless mercenary at the bar. She wondered what Shepard would have done if the girl hadn't taken care of it herself..."I wonder what kind of crew I've got myself mixed up in?" the Asari said quietly to herself. She saw Shepard making her way back over to her."Docking Bay D13, did you say?" she asked him. "I need to gather a few things before we go. How long are you going to be... loitering... here?" She waved vaguely.OOC: MOST EPIC INTRO POSTEVER

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC:

Jason's interest was immediately piqued when Tali introduced herself and he leaned in a bit closer. "Zorah, you say?" he asked, "You wouldn't happen to be related to Admiral Rael'Zorah, would you?" Meanwhile Camille had looked over at Catalina to strike up a conversation. While she had initially been uninterested in the young woman earlier, her mentioning that she was a part of Commander Shepard's crew had gotten her attention.

"So you're rolling with Shepard, huh?" she said, "Sounds like fun."

IC:"Earth-born and raised." Alistair replied cheerfully, taking a sip of his drink. "Moved to Omega a few years ago, didn't like the inner worlds. Too quiet, too.... Sane."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Really? That's amazing," Jason smiled broadly, his attention now fully on the Quarian, "Never imagined I'd be at a table with the daughter of an Admiral of the Migrant Fleet. It's a real honor." Thinking for a moment, he then asked, "If you don't mind me asking, how's your Pilgrimage going? I'd imagine it's hard to juggle that along with serving on Shepard's crew."

ICShe ginned as she saw how interested the girl had become in her when Shepard was mentioned. Typical mercenary. "Should be. Except well," Catalina's eyes flickered as the thought of Garrus and their encounter on the Normandy . "Lets say he has an old friend of mine on the ship as well."