IC (Alucia)

Alucia, for her part, was recling against a large stalagmite, a statisfied grin on her face. The group was splitting into distinct factions, one was fairly rational and competent....the other was emotional and prone to jumping into fights. It was perfect. She could play the two groups against each other and the inevitable competition would result in both factions gaining experience. Even if it was a mere verbal battle, they would learn to think on their feet, learn to respond to changing situations. Yes. Overall, this was going quite well.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Bo, "Might as well come with, someone needs to stop your bickering," Bo said as he followed Rex, Leone and Alex,IC: Zac, Abi"Yeah but we need to make sure this place is vermen free," Zac said, Dronomon looking around, acting as a fog light, he even made that "eh-woo" noise those ships made,"But the Liollmon said that digimon can become big here, do you think we can handle them?" Abi asked,"Abigail, don't worry about it, Dronomon has things handle, so do Agumon and Salamon," Zac said,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC - Leone: He looked over Bo as he approached them. The possibility of using him as a shield for the others briefly crossed his mind.

"Why don't you take him and form a seperate group then? I believe Alexander and I can handle this by ourselves. You've been here longer than most of us, it would be best if you took him along and taught him." The way Leone spoke was irritating, he acted as if he was speaking to a child and seemed almost sarcastic.

Edited by Nebula 2.0

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: John

"Don't be so overconfident, we are going into an unknown place. Not to mention its dark down here, if they can distinguish all light somehow we'll be screwed for sure."

"On the other hand though, if these spiders prove to not be too tough it might be some good training for our Digimon."

"Yeah, I'm ready for more of a fight." Agumon said.

IC: Zac"Because I have faith, I'm not overconfident i know," Zacsaid with a smile, "I had faith that Tripomon would beat that Veggiemon and he Digivolved into Dronomon and took out the champion leveled digimon. I think that's another thing we need to digivolve our partners. Faith,"IC: Bo"Listen, I didn't come here because I wanted to be with some sarcastic, and might I add cocky snobs who think they know what they are doing, while you all know just as much as I do about this world, our partners being our knowledge bases," Bo said, sternly, but nowhere near being angry, "I came to help out, like we were all called here to do, lets go Rex,"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC (Alucia)

Alucia coughed. "Perhaps you should carry on with your task?" Her words would, of course, only encourage them to stew in their resentment instead of releasing it. She would keep it under control of course. Such verbal duels were useful, but if they interfered in the task at hand....then the benefit was simply not worth the cost. Not at this moment. She would let them ensure the caves were secure first, then they could bicker to their hearts delight. She would try to preserve order or put up a decent act. It would make her appear level-headed and trustworthy.

Influence was power after all.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: Softly, the hummed tune buzzed through the darkness of the inner tombs, interspersed with the clicking of keys on the boy's laptop as he carefully input various commands and code into the device. The light from the computer screen bathed him in a white glow, illuminating his cool, grayish-blue eyes as he occasionally glanced up at the Dokugumon above, looking for any sign of change in their behavior. A very slight, very coy smile has eased itself onto one side of his face, lifting the left corner of his mouth ever so slightly, indicating the kind of mood he was in.

Beside the boy laid a large bee-like creature. Though a shocking sight at first, its large, green eyes were enough to disarm those who would immediately assume that it was dangerous. With its two front limbs holding its head up, one might even assume it was bored or friendly, though the serrated stinger at the end of its body indicated the kind of damage it could do if angered. The Digimon observed his partner's work with a mix of apprehension and curiosity, though said nothing. It was not until the boy input a complicated code into his laptop and pressed "Enter" that the bee frowned.

The reason was very clear. As the boy raised his eyes, the Dokugumons' bodies became outlined with a burning, sickly green light. In an instant they began to scream in pain and shock, smoke arising from the contours around them, completely caught off guard by what was happening to them.

"Fascinating," the boy breathed, smiling as he began to write down a note in the spiral book by his side. He glanced at his partner. "Something wrong, F.B.?"

"What? Oh, no. Not at all..." the FanBeemon said uncertainly, hiding how disturbed he truly was by the Dokugumons' condition. For several moments, he said nothing. "Um... Listen... Dallas..."

"Hm?" Dallas looked away as his Digivice--yellow and silver in color--began to beep. Picking it up, he noted the various, glowing dots on the screen, frowning as he considered the implications of this. "Could it be...? Hm..." He sighed. Erasing the code, he put a quick stop to whatever program was affecting the Dokugumon, allowing them to catch their breath. They quickly fled the scene, leaving Dallas with FanBeemon. "That's a shame, but... eh... Oh well. Come on, F.B.--I wasn't expecting to find anyone else here."

OOC: Establishing Character Moment + shout out to original series = pretty cool stuff. :P

anyway Dallas Leaven has been introduced. Whichever group interacts first is the winner.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: BoBo lead his band of two humans and partners down a hall way, only to hear faint typing..? Bo kept walkie foward, torch in hand, and walked over to see another human who was apparently already here, partnered with a bee-like digimon, "I guess your a Digidestined as well?" Bo asked, hoping not to freak the young man out,

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: Dallas was rather surprised to see another pair of teenagers--roughly his age, from the looks of them--arrive on the scene. He examined them for a moment, before closing his laptop with a sharp snap and replacing it in his bag.

"Digidestined..." he repeated slowly, as if weighing the word's connotations. "I suppose by the very... basic definition of the term, yes." Dallas shrugged, idly spinning his Digivice around in his hand. "Dallas Leaven. This is my partner, FanBeemon... Who are you? Other... Digidestined, I presume?"

It was obvious from Dallas's tone that while he seemed polite enough, he was not thrilled in the slightest at the idea of being around other people, let alone speaking to them. Whether or not he was actually attempting to hide this, however, was another story, not at all easy to tell given the available data.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Bo"I'm Bo, this is Rex, and our partners Cacomon and Veemon," Bo said, introducing the group, "There are actually more Digidestined, five more to be exact, who are pretty much exploring these ruins at the moment,""Now wait a darn pickin' minute," Cacomon said, walking (or, slightly waddling) up to Dallas, "How long have you been in here?" The cactus asked, pointing a slightly visible finger that was covered by his orange boxing glove,

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: "Fascinating..." Dallas said quietly, rubbing his chin in thought and momentarily diverting his gaze to the floor. At Cacomon's inquiry, he looked up again, thinking. For a moment, he continued to rub his chin, closing his eyes as he tried to come up with an exact answer. "How long have I been in here..." he cooed. "Hard to say... How many days would you guess, F.B.?"

"I don't know," the Insectoid Digimon said uncertainly, moving to hover next to Dallas. "Two days, at the most."

"Two days... Yes, that sounds about right," Dallas said, looking at Bo and Cacomon. "Maybe a bit less time, but I can't be entirely sure. I've been studying the Dokugumon here, you see. Passing the time by watching them." He shrugged. "Why? That information seems a bit irrelevant to me."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Bo"It's not that we don't trust you, but the only one I know of to be here the longest is Zac, he has been here a few times before," Bo said, "I only met Cacomon several hours ago before we met with the group,"

IC: John

"Faith... I guess we could use some." he shrugged. John was lost in his thoughts for several minutes. For the first time he wondered about home. Had he just vanished? How long had he been away? Did time stop there or did it continue without him? It was weird being torn from the life he knew and thrown head-first into a completely different world, a different reality. His closest friend was a yellow dinosaur who spit fire and could talk. It was strange. John had literally just met Agumon. But somehow he felt like he'd known him his entire life.

Agumon looked back at him with intelligent green eyes. "What are you thinking about John?" he wondered.

"Nothing really, just life. This is all pretty knew to me. Its a lot to take in." he said. Already he'd been attacked in this new reality. By some big wolf freak and it appeared that he wasn't the worst thing this reality could cook up. At that thought several large spider looking creatures began scuttling across the ceiling of the cavren-tunnel.

"Dokugumon!" Agumon shoputed. "And they don't look happy!" he said as he went into a fighting stance.

One of the Dokugumon leapt from the ceiling as it unleashed an acidic blast at John. Agumon pushed John out of the way as he leapt into the air himself. "Pepperbreath!" he said as he spat out a ball of flame at the creature. The Dokugumon were extremely angry thanks to Dallas' actions, and they were going to take it out on these Destine.

IC: Zac and Abi"Ready Dronomon?" Zac asked,"You got it boss!" Dronomon said with a nod, "TORSO CANNON!" He exclaimed, shooting down some of the Dokugumon downto the ground, "Petty Punch!" Salamon exclaimed as she jabbed the spider digimon with her paw,

IC (Hecate)

Hecate backpedalled, slowly making her way to the top of the crumbling staircase as she did so. Before her swarmed a horde of Dokugumon, their black chitinous bodies glistening in the faint torchlight. They rasped out threats and feral roars as they pressed forwards, scambering over one another in their battle-lust. It was as if a wave of chitin was crashing against the staircase, consuming it in a carpet of midnight black. Hecate grimaced, her former children could batter down the door to her study with ease in such numbers. There would be no shelter within. She was cornered. Even her abilities would not be enough to save her now. If she had been in the right state of mind, she might have laughed at the irony. She had led her children her to escape the corruption....and now, she would meet her end by them. She should have never opened the lower tombs.

Raising both of her hands, Hecate allowed a snarl to escape her lips, a surprisingly animalistic sound for one who looked so human. "Witch's Rebuke!" Her hands suddenly pulsed with black energy and then this energy race forward in jagged, twisted shapes, hitting the foremost Dokugumon and hurling it backwards. She followed this up a few more blasts, hoping to gouge some holes in the lines of her insane children. She couldn't defeat them. Not all of them. Hecate knew this.....but she was a predator, and Digimon were not utterly human.

Cornered animals fought the hardest after all.

OOC: And now for another character.

Trying my best to fix the gender imbalance.

Digimon: Arukenimon (called herself Hecate)

Appearance: In her human form, her skin has a pink tinge to and she has long red hair. Her eyes are an emerald green and she sports spiderlike fangs in place of canines. In this form she wears a long black robe along with garment that mixes the functions of a half-cape and a scarf. She wears a set of gloves and a set of pointed. Atop her head is flat-topped hat. These garments are all colored a dark black, though she does sport some golden spider-web decorations on her garments that add a dash of color to the design.

In her Digimon form, she shifts to a monsterous hybrid of human and spider, while her upper half retains the form of a human, it cannot be mistaken for one. Her mouth splits into a fang filled grin, her arms become claws and her skin becomes a black chitin. She grows two horns and her hair becomes wild and untended in this form. Her lower torso and legs become their spider counterparts-the legs split into three legs apiece and the torso becomes an abdomen. Her chitin is utterly black, with the odd gold marking marring its surface.

Type: Virus

Personality: Hecate is a survivor. She saw the corruption rising and lead her colony belowground, into the deepest tombs…hoping to out sit the corruption seething above. It was not to be. Her children uncovered a strange artifact in the tomb…and were driven mad by it. Only Hecate was powerful enough to resist. Hecate is willful, determined and….quite willing to aid any that might help her gain her revenge on the Corruption for driving her children to their doom. She is an intelligent and rational being…but when she grows angry, that is cast aside. She cares for her people and having to fight them….is not a pleasant experience for her.

Forms unlocked: Ultimate, Champion, Fresh, Rookie

Moves:

Witch’s Knowledge: Hecate instinctively knows the uses for any plant she comes upon. Allow her to brew powerful potions for various uses. She is a skilled healer because of this.

Witch’s Rebuke: Hecate can hurl lightning from her hands, allowing her to strike her foes from afar. She can control how lethal this ability it is. She can simply stun someone…or fry them completely. Depends on the mood really.

Spider Thread

Poison Mist

-Fresh: KoDokugumon

-In-training: N/A

-Rookie: Dokunemon

-Champion: Dokugumon

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Alexander's ears perked up, as he heard the sounds of battle from one of the other corridors. "Sounds as if they've managed to pick a fight already. Too late to go back and help them, they're off in one of the other corridors. But on the bright side, they should draw any and all attention away from us."

"Shame. Would have been nice to get some exercise."

IC:

Not far from the tomb entrance, a pair of eyes watched the group enter. Their owner had gone unnoticed, a silent observer. The destined had been foolish enough not to watch their Digivices, and thus, never noticed that another, fainter dot had been nearby. Even Alucia, alert as she was, had not noticed her.

But given her background, that was unsurprising. She had plenty of practice at moving unseen.

"What do you think, Renamon? Threats, or nuisances?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: "I see," Dallas said. "Well, I'd rather not argue over who has spent the longest amount of time here. It really doesn't matter to me, frankly."

The boy's eyes shifted to look over Bo's and Rex's heads, staring into the shadows behind them. A commotion of some kind could be heard, more likely than not the intercepting of the Dokugumon tribe by the other Digidestined. Dallas placed his hands in his pockets, unable to stop himself from smiling slightly at the picture.

"Sounds like trouble," Veemon said. "Should we help them?"

"I think..." Dallas said. "Perhaps we should check it out. Might be a nice way to gauge the abilities of the Dokugumon..."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: ZacDronomon kept on using Torso Cannon to blast away each Dokugumon, "Okay, I think I have an idea!" Zac said, "John, mind if you hand me your torch?" IC: Bo"You have been examining digimon in here?" Bo asked, "Why is that?"

IC (Renamon)

The vulpine Digimon was silent for a few moments, marshaling the facts it knew and trying to form a coherent picture out of them. When she finally spoke, her words were cold and her voice utterly flat. "Most of them are petty annoyances. Not worth our time." Renamon had excellent hearing and had, more or less, overheard most of their conversation. "Some are dangerous. Or possess the potential to be. The Myotismon puzzles me. There is more to this." She had been surprised that an uncorrupted Myotismon even remained. Most had fallen.

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: Dallas seemed genuinely surprised by Bo's question. "To learn about them, of course," he said. "Don't tell me you haven't been captivated by the implications of this world's existence? It's a world entirely composed of data--a place humanity could only have dreamed of creating and accessing in the past. And yet here it is, a world hidden away, right beneath our noses, a place that has, judging from all available information, always been--at least, ever since our first computer systems were developed."

Dallas tilted his head slightly in thought, staring at Bo and the others. "Who could have thought that such intricately-designed creatures such as these could have come into being without us even realizing it?" he said quietly, gesturing to FanBeemon. "It is a wonderful prospect, and one that I hope to learn more about. That is why I am examining them."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Bo"Well I mean yeah," Bo said "Kinda interesting how my partner is a cactus with gloves and can talk. But, I you are a Digidestined, shouldn't you worry more about protecting this place? Rather than just observing the place and sight seeing? Because unless you are doing it to help save the world, I don't think we should waste time really,"

IC:

"Enough to warrant further surveillance?"

Alana asked, without glancing to the side. Already, the din of battle was barely audible from outside. Clearly the fools had embroiled themselves in conflict.

"They're the other faction, aren't they? The destined."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Renamon)

"Possibly. I would not risk venturing into the cave. They will have to come out eventually." Renamon's ears perked up for a moment. "They are divided. They feud with each other over the slightest insult." Renamon snarled. "If these are the destined then the Corruption has already won. That is unacceptable."

IC:

"Children."

Alana commented, almost idly. Her eyes narrowed lightly. "If this is the work of whatever force drew them here, the corruption has already won. It has summoned children, where it should have summoned soldiers."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Renamon)

"I hope that whatever drew them here was simply a mindless process. That idea of a thinking being conjuring up a gaggle of useless children to save my world...." Renamon snarled again. "Most displeasing." Renamon shook her head. "From what I can hear....they split up. Each scouting a different part of the tomb. They left a sentry at the entrance."

IC:

"Let's split up and search for clues, gang." The teenager muttered to herself, in parody of the decision that had led them to take that foolish path. "You know, there's something depressing about the fact that, of te destined seen thus far, we're the only ones that seem to have any level of competence.""And we're also the only ones that don't go along with the whole "destined" thing."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Renamon)

"Destiny is for the weak. The strong forge their own path. It has always been this way." Renamon thought back to when she had first met Alana....after she had kicked her would-be partner halfway across the forest and made her offer. "My mate and my tribe died. The corruption claimed them. They died waiting for someone to swoop down from on high and save them. I will not make the same mistake. I would advise leaving these destined behind us. Only a few of them would be of any use. The rest are fodder for the enemy."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Dokugumon and BoThe Dokugumon was hit and screamed in agony, "Poison Thread!" He yelled, sending a blast of poison their way,"MOVE!" Bo said as he pulled on Dallas's and Rex's collars to try to pull them away from the gunk of poison,

IC:"I have no intention of allying with them. They're too foolish for that. But it might be wise to keep an eye on them for a bit longer. Behavior such as their's, they might decide that we're the enemy. Best to be prepared."

IC:

Alexander's eyes narrowed, as he heard a loud noise from down the hall. He glanced at his fellows, one of whom seemed to have vanished, though the din from a short ways back indicated where he went. He ignored the behavior, and turned down the left hand passage of three new hallways. In a short time, the noise was growing louder, whilst Rex's behavior became silent.

As he rounded a corner, he witnessed a horde of Dokugamon attacking a single being. He didn't need an indicator that they'd become infected, their rabid behavior was proof enough."Guilmon.""I know, I'm already on it. Pyro Sphere!" The Digimon called out, as a red orb slammed into the lead enemy's back.

"Actually, I was going to tell you not to attack." The teenager took a step back, reaching into both pockets, searching for his Digivice. One hand closed around it, while the other closed around...

I don't own any trading cards...

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Hecate)

Hecate took note of the fireball the appeared from the sides, slamming into one of her insane children. Perhaps she was not as doomed as she had feared. As she turned her gaze back to the seething swarm, she noted that, despite the decrease in her impending doom levels, she was still quite doomed. "Witch's Rebuke." Black lightning lashed out once again, slashing into the swarm and hurling it back. She couldn't keep this up forever.

IC (Renamon)

"If they do, I shall slay them. The intelligent will flee once the fools are bereft of their throats. Do you wish to scout the tombs?" Renamon's tone was flat and matter of fact, but one could tell she was more then slightly in favor of the 'rip out their throats' plans. People were dying or being corrupted with every passing minute.....and the fools acted as if this was some consequence free adventure. This was her entire world. Not some adventure park.

IC:

"I don't know much about the tombs. It's your call." Alana replied, momentarily thinking back to the first few moments when she's arrived. The first five minutes had been confusion, wondering where she was. That had gone out the window when a purple fox attacked her, and martial arts training kicked in.

Said fox was now standing next to her.

IC:

The card was of an unfamiliar design, but one thing clicked in his head, as he thought back to his first discussion with Alucia. "I'm supposed to save the world with a card reading, over sized Tamagatchi?"

Even as the thought coursed through his mind, a large portion of the attacking spiders stopped, turned, and started advancing on Guilmon. From their size and behavior, he didn't need a guidebook to know they were not only outnumbered, but outgunned as well.

"Guilmon, I've got an idea."

"As long as this doesn't involve dying, I'm okay with that."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Leone: "There's no helping it now then. Rey, attack!" Leone said as he caught up to Alex. The small cub ducked and weaves through the multiple legs and pounced onto the Dokugumon injured by Guilmon's attack.

"Leo Claw!" The cub growled out as it brought down its glowing claws on one of the members of the swarm. Rey quickly retreated behind Guilmon as the Dokugumon exploded into data that quickly dissipated.

"Alexander, what's that card?" He didn't recognize the card from anywhere, and Alexander didn't seem to be someone who collected trading cards.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-