Witch Doctor 2.0

Zorrakh

Howdy y'all -

This is just a little something I made a few months that I've finally gotten around to taking pictures. Click on each thumbnail to see the full picture.

01.jpg_thumb.jpg-----02.jpg_thumb.jpg-----03.jpg_thumb.jpg-----04.jpg_thumb.jpg-----05.jpg_thumb.jpg-----06.jpg_thumb.jpg-----08.jpg_thumb.jpg-----07.jpg_thumb.jpg-----09.jpg_thumb.jpg

My original idea was to create a skeleton out of Hero Factory pieces, since the set designers of this (then) new building system said that's what they wanted to do. I knew I wanted to use the Witch Doctor's head as a skull, but at some point while I was building I heard one of my sisters listening to a certain song from The Princess and the Frog (you know the one, admit it :P), and then it hit me: why not create a Louisiana-style Witch Doctor? I then started working on a cane and top hat, and I think they both turned out pretty well.

Here's some inspiration that came to mind before I started and while I was building (again, please click on the thumbnails to see the [pun]bigger picture[/pun]:

Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog (Duh)

inspiration_-_dr._facilier.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gigabyte from Reboot (Just for the one hand. I picture it as an energy-sucking hand, like Gigabyte had)

inspiration_-_gigabyte.jpg_thumb.jpg

Jack Skellington from Nightmare before Christmas (I think this one's little obvious)

inspiration_-_jack_skellington.png_thumb.jpg

Sachiel the Third Angel from Neon Genesis Evangellion (Oh gosh, I absolutely regret watching as much of this series as I did, I completely wasted my time on it, but I couldn't help but think of this)

inspiration_-_nge_sachiel_the_third_angel.png_thumb.jpg

Spider-man's Symbiote Suit

inspiration_-_spider-man_symbiote_suit.jpg_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking and don't hesitate to post your thoughts. :)

Reminds me of a foe from the (sadly) washaway Darksiders game. Look up Wicked K. Looks decent . Really dig the spikes on the legs! Well done.

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Thanks for the replies. :)

DARKSIDERZ: Thanks. :) I looked up some images and yeah, it does look like him. That's really weird. :P The spikes are actually a way to add thickness; I didn't want something solid, and I thought the white would look good to contrast the black.

Dralcax: Thanks. :) Yeah, the shoulders didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted. I still wanted to have that "Hero Factory skeleton" look and I didn't want to limit articulation.

AdaptingChaos: Thanks. :) I'm glad you like the hat. I actually was looking at adding another gear to the top, but then it looked more like Abraham Lincoln. :P I like the limbs, too, and I think the Hero Factory parts work out well for this especially (there's a line of Hero Factory pieces in the limbs, as I'm sure you noticed). I'm still getting used to incorporating them into my models, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. :)