A short announcement

GregF

Hello everyone, I have an announcement to make. Although it is sort of unfortunate that it is April fools, I just recieved authorization from LEGO to talk about this today, so I didn't want to wait. (Hopefully it isn't their April fool's joke on me!)

Over the last few weeks, I've been in talks with LEGO about the fate of Bionicle. More specifically, we've been discussing the possiblity of it making a return in some shape or form. The intrest in the line has keep going strong, which is one of the reasons this came up. Although I went into the discussion not knowing where it would lead, I'm happy to say that its good news! Although the revival wouldn't mean having a full line of sets again, there would at least a few small sets, and at the very least, a continuation of the story again. I'm not going to talk about where that's going, but I'm sure you have a few guesses.

I'm really grateful to you guys for sticking with this community through thick and thin, and helping to show that Bionicle really does deserve another chance. I'll be posting more information on what's going to be happening as soon as I can, and hopefully allowing you guys to be involved in the process. Untill then, carry on! I still really enjoy this community, and I am looking forward to becoming a more active part of it again.

Best wishes to everyone,

-Greg Farshtey

"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts/Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax." -- MST3K

Ah, the internet's penchant cynicism has marred what would ordinarily be a joyous announcement.

Alas, where has our youth disappeared to? That wide eyed wonder with which we once viewed the world? If I might postulate, perhaps it is time for us all to join hands again and say "yes, I want to believe." Just this time, let's ignore plausibility, facts, and nasty little dates. Let's come together and bask in the glory of wanton optimism. Say to yourself "I am doing this. I am making this happen."

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

Ah, the internet's penchant cynicism has marred what would ordinarily be a joyous announcement.

Alas, where has our youth disappeared to? That wide eyed wonder with which we once viewed the world? If I might postulate, perhaps it is time for us all to join hands again and say "yes, I want to believe." Just this time, let's ignore plausibility, facts, and nasty little dates. Let's come together and bask in the glory of wanton optimism. Say to yourself "I am doing this. I am making this happen."

Are you insane. Its April Fools day. Heck, Im skeptical of my own Shadow on April Fools Day

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

And then turns around, and wonder: "Did Ray just spent a whole ten minutes trying to come up with the most complex and sophisticated sounding words to use in that message?"

iquXD5X.png

This is certainly interesting news. It's nice to know that LEGO cares about the interest still in the theme, but hopefully this doesn't give LEGO fans the idea they can just rant on forums to bring back themes they like. <_<

And if this is a joke.....ugh that's horrible.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

And then turns around, and wonder: "Did Ray just spent a whole ten minutes trying to come up with the most complex and sophisticated sounding words to use in that message?"

No, that's just Ray being Ray.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I screamed like a little girl when I saw this. Oh my Gahlok, please don't be screwing with us. If you aren't this became one of the best days of my life.

If this is true Ill draw you an Olmak just to celebrate.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

omahflyingfloridiancitruses

words cannot describe

no describing this here in words, but I shall try.

Absolutely awesome. Just a few sets would be more than enough, and a continuation of the story is simply amazing. Any continuation at all, at that.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I thought that people might immediately suspect it was a joke.

Should I have posted today saying Bionicle wouldn't come back, so everyone would suspect the opposite? :P

I guess I'll just post an update tomorrow, so you guys can know for sure.

"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts/Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax." -- MST3K

OH MY GOD NO WAY.

I do believe this. Just because I think Bionicle has the sort of fanbase who'd consider suicide if this turned out to be a lie, and so I don't think Greg would joke about this.

Though the new sets and new story will all SUCK and won't be as good as 2001!!!!

Should I have posted today saying Bionicle wouldn't come back, so everyone would suspect the opposite? :P

Yeah, it might be best if you said something tomorrow. But I believe you, Greg! You wouldn't ever do something like this to us and say it was a hoax.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Greg can I ask that if this is true, would you make a return to the forums?

Wow, Greg, brilliantly executed. Whether or not this ends up being an April Fool's Day prank, you will have fooled plenty of people either way.

I'm going to go on record and say I believe it's a hoax. And if I'm wrong, hey! More Bionicle!

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)