Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

Dear LORD. Those sets look incredibly awful. Stormer looks ridiculously top-heavy, and Core Hunter's headpiece is just plain ugly.

Really? Personally, I love Core Hunter´s headpiece. ^_^-Gata signoff.jpg
I agree with Gata here. Of all the Summer 2012 sets, Core Hunter is probably my favorite, and I absolutely love is head piece.I'm also going to be getting a few Core Hunters so I can eventually finish the Hero Factory MOC I'm working on. :rolleyes:

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Stormer looks terrible. How does it even stand? SD looks pretty cool, though.

Stormer is able to stand because every joint in his legs is reinforced with this piece.
Remember Maxilos and Spinax? Maxilos had a similar piece, and we all know how well that worked.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Yeah, a mech would be great. A vehicle might be hard to build with the new system, since it would probably move in places. Would like to see a non Fire Lord clone titan some time, too. Like Witch Doctor, just maybe a bit sleeker.

Ironically, Ninjago recieved the mech. :lol:A mech would be very much welcome into the Hero Factory universe.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

Stormer is able to stand because every joint in his legs is reinforced with this piece.
Remember Maxilos and Spinax? Maxilos had a similar piece, and we all know how well that worked.
Very well.
I've had Maxilos disassembled for some time now, but I still remember his very weak legs that made it nigh-impossible for him to stand up.

overlordsukapon.png

Very well.
I've had Maxilos disassembled for some time now, but I still remember his very weak legs that made it nigh-impossible for him to stand up.
Agreed. He has extremely weak legs. The only design flaw in the entire set.

daringsig.png

Very well.
Huh. Worked perfectly for me.

aouROFb.png

Very well.
And it looks like they're doing the same thing with Stormer XL.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Very well.
I was going to say that, but thought against it. He seems different. Maxilos had thin legs with an awkward build...Stormer XL seems to have much stronger, more supportive, legs.

daringsig.png

Very well.
I was going to say that, but thought against it. He seems different. Maxilos had thin legs with an awkward build...Stormer XL seems to have much stronger, more supportive, legs.
Maybe, but I've found that those support pieces get weaker over time.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Very well.
Well, I don't know in the case of Stormer XL. I have no experience with HF parts and functions.

daringsig.png

Very well.
Well, I don't know in the case of Stormer XL. I have no experience with HF parts and functions.
Those pieces, also found on Black Phantom, slowly lose hold if you moc with them.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Very well.
But Maxilos at least had the pistons going for him, Stormer just has an overabundance of friction joints. Even if the joints stay, he'll be top-heavy and fall flat on his face. Or the feet are bigger than I initially assumed.

aouROFb.png

Very well.
But Maxilos at least had the pistons going for him, Stormer just has an overabundance of friction joints. Even if the joints stay, he'll be top-heavy and fall flat on his face. Or the feet are bigger than I initially assumed.
From what I've heard, the new friction joints are really, really strong. Stormer XL's feet are also pretty big. So I don't think he'll have any problems with stability.It should also be considered that Stormer XL is way smaller than Maxilos, and he's not built very dense at all, so even if he's top heavy it shouldn't make a huge difference.

Very well.
From what I've heard, the new friction joints are really, really strong. Stormer XL's feet are also pretty big. So I don't think he'll have any problems with stability.
Yes, a little too strong. Unless it's really heavy, it's not needed. I only use it for seizing joints that shouldn't move and making the Samurai X Mecha stand up on its own, because it's very dense, as well as being unbalanced. Usually I don't even bother putting them on the set!

aouROFb.png

I'll be getting all of them though I am going to redo Stomer's legs a bit.

Edited by Manterax Prime

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

FINALLY, a close up, clear shot of Core Hunter's helmet. I'm like how it looks sort of like night vision goggles, with the six lenses and the straps on top of his head, along with the mouthpiece. Even though Core Hunter is a pretty generic build, I still think he looks really cool.

That mast looks nothing like any real NVGs.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

FINALLY, a close up, clear shot of Core Hunter's helmet. I'm like how it looks sort of like night vision goggles, with the six lenses and the straps on top of his head, along with the mouthpiece. Even though Core Hunter is a pretty generic build, I still think he looks really cool.

Yeah, you're right. However, there are some sci-fi movies out there that I've seen with goggles that resemble Core Hunter's face. I guess, compared to something in real life, he most closely resembles these.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

Yeah, you're right. However, there are some sci-fi movies out there that I've seen with goggles that resemble Core Hunter's face. I guess, compared to something in real life, he most closely resembles these.
Eye examining and core hunting?Multitasker much? Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

So when should I start look for the new Breakout sets?

You are their rock.

Anytime now, really; I've seen summer sets in June in the past, though usually they're more easily found in July and August.Core Hunter looks better than ever; a definite purchase. Stormer... meh. Maybe I'll buy the sword online by itself.-ibrow

In my experience, stores have sets before Lego scheduled them to be released. They'll definitely be out by August, but I'll be keeping an eye out for them in July.Of the summer wave, I definitely want Speeda Demon, Core Hunter (probably the darkest villain In Hero Factory -he rips heroes cores out!), Thornraxx, and Breeze. Edited by Baron Von Nebula

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

In my experience, stores have sets before Lego scheduled them to be released. They'll definitely be out by August, but I'll be keeping an eye out for them in July.Of the summer wave, I definitely want Speeda Demon, Core Hunter (probably the darkest villain In Hero Factory -he rips heroes cores out!), Thornraxx, and Breeze.
Even Lego's own brand stores can have them out early. Last year I remember seeing Savage Planet sets during mid-July at my local brand store, half a month before the August 1 street date.

I e-mailed Lego. They said they don't have a set release date. Best estimate is before September.Basically nothing we don't already know.Oh LEGO. I love how you never answer questions.Either way, they'll definitely be out by August. Possibly see a first release in July. If we're lucky, the end of this month.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I e-mailed Lego. They said they don't have a set release date. Best estimate is before September.Basically nothing we don't already know.Oh LEGO. I love how you never answer questions.Either way, they'll definitely be out by August. Possibly see a first release in July. If we're lucky, the end of this month.Kalhiki

Oh, Hoorah. My bros will be disappointed though, we were hoping that they would be out by Brickworld.

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! >

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

14780599_c638_625x625.jpg

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT!

:P

I'm most interested in Toxic Reapa. For the same reason I liked Meltdown, the nuclear waste-ness of him.

I can vouch for Reapa being an amazing set. His only flaw, in my opinion, is that the way his lower-arm cladding is oriented combined with his non-traditional "hands" makes him the only villain who can't be "cuffed" by the Hero Cuff piece. At least not without disassembling and reassembling his arms.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm most interested in Toxic Reapa. For the same reason I liked Meltdown, the nuclear waste-ness of him.

I can vouch for Reapa being an amazing set. His only flaw, in my opinion, is that the way his lower-arm cladding is oriented combined with his non-traditional "hands" makes him the only villain who can't be "cuffed" by the Hero Cuff piece. At least not without disassembling and reassembling his arms.
Actually, you also cannot cuff Jawblade, due to his short lower arms.

overlordsukapon.png

Dear LORD. Those sets look incredibly awful. Stormer looks ridiculously top-heavy, and Core Hunter's headpiece is just plain ugly.

QFAT
You know, on BZPower I typically expect more substantial posts. You know, explaining why you feel a certain way instead of just piggybacking off someone else's post to increase your post count.Personally, I like both of those sets. Stormer does look top-heavy, but in my opinion that gives him a Mr. Incredible vibe, which is awesome. And apart from you two, I've never heard anything but praise for Core Hunter's headpiece. It's quite menacing, and the multiple eyes make it very unique compared to other masks/faces.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Actually, you also cannot cuff Jawblade, due to his short lower arms.
Actually, it is possible to squeeze the cuffs on the lower arm pieces, but you risk breaking the handcuffs.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Summer sets have arrived in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Expect first pics tomorrow. :)-Gata signoff.jpg
Why do other countries always get new sets first? It will be cool to see the pics, though.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Summer sets have arrived in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Expect first pics tomorrow. :)-Gata signoff.jpg
Why do other countries always get new sets first? It will be cool to see the pics, though.
I was the one to say that for every single wave before the 2.0 Heroes. :P Seriously, though, the US is still the first to get the winter sets, and I doubt you´ll have to wait too long for the summer sets either.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

While we're still technically in the Winter wave, I thought I'd post my Reapa repaint. I don't think it needs its own topic, because there's only this picture and not much else to say. All in acrylic.http://www.brickshel...apa/reapa_2.jpgDo not post images larger than 500 kB. -B6Sorry about that...

Edited by Nuju's Translator

Combiners!summercombiners.jpgBulk/ Core Hunter look bad ###### and worth buying two of each to have it built all the time, the other two not so much.

You are their rock.

Combiners![images go here]Bulk/ Core Hunter look bad ###### and worth buying two of each to have it built all the time, the other two not so much.
Cool to see the combiners. The Bulk/Core Hunter on looks awesome, but those other two look pretty lame.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET