The Movie You Saw Last

Well, hey, it's about time this topic popped back up again. :P The last movie I saw in theaters was Silver Linings Playbook. The last one I watched outside of theaters was Les Misérables. I don't really feel like writing reviews, but I enjoyed them both. Especially the latter.I'm going to now add Jurassic Park 3D to the list. I've been a fan of this movie since I saw it as a kid, so I jumped at the chance to see it in theaters. Even if it had to be in lame 3D... I was going to see this movie.

It was worth it. It was so worth it. It's one thing to watch the movie at home, but seeing it in a theater allowed me to appreciate the finer things from Attenborough's acting to the cinematography and the sound. The sound. Even with the theater's unfortunately lowered volume, hearing that T-Rex roar sound throughout the theater was thrilling, breath taking, and terrifying. The large screen also showed the visual effects and dinosaur puppets in all of their glory. They literally have not aged a day.

The 3D was distracting at times and I didn't like it, but it was still one of the best theater experiences ever. Every fan should go see the movie, and those who haven't seen it should do themselves a favor and see the movie before it leaves. Some theaters offer a 2D option so be sure to see that one.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

I'm pretty sure the last movie I saw was 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey', for the second time. It was great.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from a documentary, I haven't seen a full movie in the past week or so. The last film I've watched complete was Persepolis.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Watched 13 yesterday while my internet was down for a couple of hours.

Started off interesting, but got very predictable. The suspense they were going for just wasn't there because it was pretty obvious what was going to happen.

Serenity

Did you like it? Been meaning to watch it for a while now.

Edited by -Malchior-

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I recently watched The Shining and Star Trek V. As expected, Stanley Kubrik made an awesome adaptation of The Shining, with cheesy yet wildly entertaining actors.

The fifth installment of the Star Trek movies, The Final Frontier, did not meet my expectations, but it wasn't terrible. It basically felt like a longer TV episode. The first four Star Trek movies each had some cool, innovative, and exciting idea at its center. This one tried to be like them, but really didn't make it.

:s:

The fifth installment of the Star Trek movies, The Final Frontier, did not meet my expectations, but it wasn't terrible. It basically felt like a longer TV episode. The first four Star Trek movies each had some cool, innovative, and exciting idea at its center. This one tried to be like them, but really didn't make it.

Interestingly enough, The Final Frontier was directed and partially written by William Shatner himself. While the rest were not.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

As expected, Stanley Kubrik made an awesome adaptation of The Shining, with cheesy yet wildly entertaining actors.

Jack Nicholson has been described with many different words, but you might be the first person to use 'cheesy.' What managed to give you that impression?

Well, I should have specified. I actually directed that more at Shelley Duvall. Her screaming ended up cracking me up for some odd reason XD

I just saw Oblivion today, and I honestly don't know how to describe how much I loved it. Everything about it was just awesome. Joe Kosinski managed to impress me again with his distinct style. M83 provided an awesome soundtrack, and the special effects provided a beautiful enviroment and cool technology without being entirely overwhelming. For 2 and a half hours, I was never bored. I'd have to add Oblivion to one of my favorite movies :D

Edited by Skrade

Star Trek XI, on Film4. 's been a few years since last I saw it! Not a great story, but the stunning visuals overall rebooted my interest in Star Trek anyway. (I'm still waiting for that game map of the JJprise!)

Although.... I dread to think what Into Darkness is going to be like.... why were they hiding the ship underwater again??

~ CHTrilogy

Star Trek: First Contact. B-)

Oh wow... that came out a while ago.

As for me, "Where the Wild Things Are" Latest version, bought it from BigLots for $5 :D

Best Regards Iggy                                                                                 Failure to not recognize this user's awesomeness is punishable by Pikachu

"Because some...men just like to watch the world burn"  

Spontaneous Combustions is back, but not in the way you expected.

https://chargeinfinity.wordpress.com/

Oblivion. I have to say, it is one of the most convoluted movies I've seen. And not convoluted in a good way. <_<

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Life of Pi. It was both entertaining and thought-provoking, even if I didn't wholly agree with the protagonist's philosophies.

I'm curious about what you disagree with. What I took away from the movie is that interpretation and belief are personal to each individual, and that there is no one 'right' way to try and understand the world around you. So, in that sense, it's not a bad thing to disagree with the protagonists philosophies. ^_^ But I'm still curious about what you mean by that statement. Anyway, I'm super lazy and don't want to write reviews for them, but the last movie I watched was Gangster Squad. It did its job as a 2 hour entertaining romp, but there's nothing else about it to recommend Before that I rewatched Into the Wild, which was just as amazing as the first time I watched it. Highly recommended.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG