The Movie You Saw Last

The Phantom of the Opera (2004)

Watching this movie was the first time I had even seen the play it is based on. I didn't even know any of the music in it. I have to say, I wasn't all that impressed with the overall plot. The music was great and made up for the plot. The vocalists pretty much killed it.

Tomorrowland.

Saw it opening day. Actually quite a great movie! While I expected it to be a big Disney advertisement with little to no plot, there actually is a great, large, and emotional plot with well created characters and humor that the commercials didn't hint about. Go see it!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Mad Max: Fury Road.

Words cannot describe how much I liked it, except to say that I enjoyed everything. Every second of it was a delight to my eyes and ears.

Tell me about it. I haven't seen the originals, but I still loved it. I really appreciate it as a sci-fi movie that isn't just grey and bland. It's funny, though, as Furiosa feels more like the star of the movie, which is fine, because she is an AWESOME character :D

• 2 weeks later...

Falling Down

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Avenger's: Age of Ultron.

IMO it was much better then the first, and i loved the relationship between Ultron and Jarvis/The Vision, kind of reminded me of Karzanhi and Artakha, and Mata Nui and Makuta Teridax; I also really liked Ultron and how he was a sympathetic villain, akin to Ra's al-Ghul, New 52 Orm Marius, and my interpretation of The Makuta: an individual that does things for a greater good and you know where he is coming from, but his execution of how to achieve his good goal is horrific and obviously must be stopped.

My only thing, however, is that (Scarlet) Witch and Quicksilver were never given their names (or at least Quicksilver). Not to mention, where did that thing between Romanov and Banner come from? I don't recall anything of the like being developed from the last movie, and if it happened in-between the two movies why not develop it further instead of showing "Hur-mur-gerd, I live out here with zee trees!. You likez my cabin and fam-fam that you only just met and will never see again? Meesa pleased, now lets roll out!".

EDIT: Typos.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Jurassic World. Actually saw it on Friday. Great, amazing, CG-filled movie. Forget the negative reviews. This here is a bona fide masterpiece of pure perfection.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I watched a few movies recently.

Wreck it Ralph

How to Train Your Dragon

How to Train Your Dragon 2

Mean Girls

The HTTYD movies were absolutely amazing. The first one blew me away, the second one was possible even better than the first, and I'm looking forward to the third. Mean Girls was hilarious, and while Wreck it Ralph was a good movie I'll probably sit out the sequel unless it gets really good reviews.

Falling Down

That's my favorite movie of all time. I'm going to watch it again tonight I think.

IetTsFQ.png

I'm too lazy to write real reviews so have some of my one sentence opinions:

The Hobbit - It's animation and music is a bit dated, but it's an appropriately whimsical adaption of the source material.

Jurassic World - Not a very good movie, but it has a fun factor that makes it easy to swallow.

Prince of Persia - A surprisingly dull swashbuckler with only a few stand out moments.

Next up: I don't know. Maybe The Lord of the Rings (1978) or Atonement.

BZPRPG

watched the entire Scream film series this week. I'd seen the original trilogy before, but this was my first time watching the fourth. first two are still really good, third is still just okay, and the fourth was surprisingly good. easily one of my favorite horror franchises overall.

• 4 weeks later...

The Princess Bride. Easily one of the best movies to date.

Come on, let's randomly quote Princess Bride!

"Mawaige. Mawiage is wot bwings us together, today."

"Inconceivable!"

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

• Upvote 1

The Princess Bride. Easily one of the best movies to date.

Come on, let's randomly quote Princess Bride!

"Mawaige. Mawiage is wot bwings us together, today."

"Inconceivable!"

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

"Do you have the wing?"

Last movie I saw was probably either Ant Man or Inside Out

I loved Inside Out, especially seeing the puberty button at the end, I found that hilarious.

Ant Man was fine, but Guardians of the Galaxy was still better.

Re-watched Seven Psychopaths earlier today, which is an excellent and witty black comedy. It takes itself a lot less seriously than the director's previous film, In Bruges, not really having that sort of poignancy and bleakness to it, but the humour is just as good, although perhaps a little less subtle. The cast definitely helps as well. It's hard to not love Christopher Walken.

Prince of Persia - A surprisingly dull swashbuckler with only a few stand out moments.

Having loved the video game trilogy, I found that movie to be absolutely terrible. I wasn't expecting it to be great, given how movie adaptations of games usually turn out, but I was still shocked by just how badly they botched it. Even if I hadn't been familiar with the games beforehand, I can't imagine having liked it at all.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Eh, it was pretty decent I guess. It's been a long time since I watched the first one, but I remember liking it a bit more than this. Obviously the excellent visuals and aesthetic are still present, but otherwise it was pretty underwhelming for the most part. The titular story was actually pretty great, but then the Nancy story was merely ok, and the one with Joseph Gordon-Levitt was terrible. So yeah, I guess it averages out as being ok.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I saw The Departed for the second time and it reminded me why it's my favorite movie

• Upvote 1

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I, too, saw Jurassic World.

It was pretty good, but just couldn't beat the first movie.

I rank the movies from best to worst as:

1, 4, 3, 2.

I see we have a disagreement...I rank them as 2, 1 & 4= a tie, and 3. I don't know why I like 2 the best, but it just interests me more than the original with the dinosaurs developing an ecosystem on their own. Also Ian Malcom is a beast 1 & 4 both try to make a theme park out of extinct animals and they both have a very nice charm to them, but I digress. 3 is just an abomination. I used to like it when I was a child, but now I just can't stand it...

Anywho, my most recently watched movie was tonight...I saw "Romancing the Stone"

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

BEYOND THE BRICK: THE BRICKUMENTARY. Which was great! (unless you thought BIONICLE was going to make an appearance, and were surprised when the obvious Segway into BIONICLE wasn't a Segway into BIONICLE)

Edited by jed1ndy

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

BEYOND THE BRICK: THE BRICKUMENTARY. Which was great! (unless you thought BIONICLE was going to make an appearance, and were surprised when the obvious Segway into BIONICLE wasn't a Segway into BIONICLE)

Can you please elaborate?

Sure!

At a certain point in the film, they start talking about LEGO's sale losses in 2003. They mention how 2 of LEGO's three best selling lines were not selling. They point out how LEGO's corporate structure was a mess. And then they mention that the line that helped LEGO get back on their feet, and led them towards success AND the right path was...

MINDSTORMS.

Which, fair enough. MINDSTORMS did have a big impact on both kids, but mostly adults, with it peeking at MIT students and professors messing around with the brick computer. And, it helped LEGO recognize that they had adult fans. However, as a biased fan of BIONICLE, I was surprised that they didn't even mention the line once; or that they didn't also mention that while MINDSTORMS may have at the head of the group, BIONICLE was pushing the group from behind towards the right direction. But again, I'm biased, and this documentary IS about the brick.

• Upvote 1

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Can you please elaborate?

Sure!

At a certain point in the film, they start talking about LEGO's sale losses in 2003. They mention how 2 of LEGO's three best selling lines were not selling. They point out how LEGO's corporate structure was a mess. And then they mention that the line that helped LEGO get back on their feet, and led them towards success AND the right path was...

MINDSTORMS.

Which, fair enough. MINDSTORMS did have a big impact on both kids, but mostly adults, with it peeking at MIT students and professors messing around with the brick computer. And, it helped LEGO recognize that they had adult fans. However, as a biased fan of BIONICLE, I was surprised that they didn't even mention the line once; or that they didn't also mention that while MINDSTORMS may have at the head of the group, BIONICLE was pushing the group from behind towards the right direction. But again, I'm biased, and this documentary IS about the brick.

Interesting. I never thought that many people bought MINDSTORMS because they were so expensive.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/GD6qtc2_AQA/maxresdefault.jpg