Mask of Light 10th Anniversary

LunaStar

Wow... It's really been TEN years. I remember how I first got my DVD. My mom told me I could either have the movie or a pair of those foam Hulk fists where when you hit them, they growl like the Hulk and say "Hulk smash!" I got the fists, but after a while, they started to give me a headache, so we returned them to Wall-Mart and bought MoL. Ahhh, memories...

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I think I remember making a one year anniversary topic in 2004. :P

I don't really see it as much to celebrate. I admit I liked it when the hype was in swing, but I've felt for a long time that it doesn't do the Bionicle world justice. Numerous characters' personalities being rewritten, the Matoran's kiddie voices (I can't decide which is cringiest), the rigorous ban on violence rendering the action scenes completely tame, the bizarre Kolhii match 'climax'...this could go on. The only genuinely good thing was Nathan Furst's soundtrack, and even that was fairly bland orchestral adventure stuff.

Legends of Metru Nui was a far better movie, probably due to its darker approach.

Oh golly, ten years already? Funny, I just watched it with my 8 and 10-year old sisters over a week ago (they wanted to know what the heck Bionicle is, ha ha). My goodness, the memories. While most other 10-year-old girls were off watching Barbie movies or whatever, I was reading comics and watching MoL, ha ha. ................. I feel so old now....

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Well, I know how I'm going to celebrate. :D

It's crazy to think MoL is ten already! And that was already the third year of Bionicle! Pretty crazy to think about. I feel old...and I also realize I was like four when Bionicle started. I had good taste. :P

Oh golly, ten years already? Funny, I just watched it with my 8 and 10-year old sisters over a week ago (they wanted to know what the heck Bionicle is, ha ha). My goodness, the memories. While most other 10-year-old girls were off watching Barbie movies or whatever, I was reading comics and watching MoL, ha ha. ................. I feel so old now....

Thats pretty awesome :P

Ten years...

I remember going to a friend's house with a bunch of my favourite figures to watch it, then re-enact scenes from it that we cold with our sets :P

Well seeing as my old stories are in the archives, and don't see to be reachable, there isn't much for me to put here right now. So hope you are having a good day, and try not to fall into any trans-dimensional portals I guess. Lastly, to round things off with a quote:
"Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"

It really doesn't hold up today at all. I think we only liked it at the time because we were so hyped for it and because it was a relative novelty at the time.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Waaait, ten years already? Wow. It never gets old though.

It really doesn't hold up today at all. I think we only liked it at the time because we were so hyped for it and because it was a relative novelty at the time.

Not me. I didn't really know that much about Bionicle back when xD So the movie was kinda part of what really got me into it.

Also, what I like about it is that it's a fun, colourful and family-friendly movie.

And Takua/Takanuva. =P

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Waaait, ten years already? Wow. It never gets old though.

Not me. I didn't really know that much about Bionicle back when xD So the movie was kinda part of what really got me into it.

Also, what I like about it is that it's a fun, colourful and family-friendly movie.

And Takua/Takanuva. =P

I agree. Its a nice movie. They all are. Its just... a nice movie.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Ah yes, the ten year anniversary of the awful cinematic ending to Bionicle's worst year. It would be quite a nostalgic event - if I wasn't still throwing my hands up in dismay at the rampant continuity errors, hilariously bad miscasting, ugly CGI, and the absolutely pathetic cluster of deus-ex-machinas that made up the ending. The other three movies, flawed as they were, can't even compare to the trainwreck that is Mask of Light, nor can any of Bionicle's other low points, perhaps with the notable exception of the Piraka Rap.

/end highly opinionated rant.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool. And I still remember watching it for the first time. It was kinda awful, in retrospect; but it gives me the nostalgias, if nothing else XD

Still... ten years. That's probably longer than the movie developers ever expected it to be remembered for.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Just look it up on ######.*

Ten years! And people still watch it!

*EDIT: Looks like that just got #ed out. Anyway, I think you know what I'm talking about.

LOL, BZPower and it's whacky word censor... Imagine how much better life would be in a free environment in which we can all share videos easily through a common video site everyone knows about...

Anyway, I actually thought the movie was good 10 years ago... Boy have the times changed.