Shellshock: Steel Fury

Chro

Thanks CK. I've forgotten where that armor piece is from. I quite like the forearm design and variations thereof; it's quite versatile.

Wait, what about Gavram? Shellshock was initially a lot skinnier and wore the Ruru, but I decided to use a custom head and bulk him up a lot. The alt. masks were just for fun, and I do agree that the Ignika looks good, but it's unpleasantly overused, if you ask me.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

As I said on Skype, he's awesome, but the character itself is an ugly thing. I'll give a bit more of an in-depth review.

The head, is a brilliant piece, Pohatu's climbing claws are neat, and work really well as horns. The slick build is great, but is also perhaps the primary reason for the ugliness. :P

The torso is also good, integrating the grey Jaller Mahri armour piece was probably tricky. The back of the torso is more of a masterpiece though. Its uncluttered, but sleek, and the tubing is used appropriately.

The arms I like, most people give elbow joints the hinging type ball joint, rather than freely moving, but I've always preferred the extra degree of posability. The tubes following the shoulders and arms are done well, it looks like an actual muscular system.

My quibble is the legs, and its something I've thought about a few of your MOCs, Chro. Your leg builds sometimes seem cluttered. You pull it off reasonably well, but I always feel that I've seen smoother builds. This mainly refers to the lower legs, which here are a little boxy as well. The feet are good though.

The pictures with alternate Kanohi are cool, the one with the Knights helmet looks like an Iron Man suit, specifically the first one in the first film which Tony Stark made in the cave.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

As I said on Skype, he's awesome, but the character itself is an ugly thing. I'll give a bit more of an in-depth review.The head, is a brilliant piece, Pohatu's climbing claws are neat, and work really well as horns. The slick build is great, but is also perhaps the primary reason for the ugliness. :P

I see what you mean. As a character, he's certainly all business, nothing excessive on him (except for the amount of armor, perhaps). :P

The torso is also good, integrating the grey Jaller Mahri armour piece was probably tricky. The back of the torso is more of a masterpiece though. Its uncluttered, but sleek, and the tubing is used appropriately.

The torso armoring was pretty tricky, yeah. I used a similar construction on Jaller's torso. I often see the front of a MOC getting more focus when being built, but I try to work on the back as well, thank you. ;)

The arms I like, most people give elbow joints the hinging type ball joint, rather than freely moving, but I've always preferred the extra degree of posability. The tubes following the shoulders and arms are done well, it looks like an actual muscular system.

Yep, I usually go for the free balljoint on arms, and sometimes on legs or torso as well. Glad you like the tubing, I wasn't sure whether or not to use it. :)

My quibble is the legs, and its something I've thought about a few of your MOCs, Chro. Your leg builds sometimes seem cluttered. You pull it off reasonably well, but I always feel that I've seen smoother builds. This mainly refers to the lower legs, which here are a little boxy as well. The feet are good though.

I often start building with (or at least pool a lot of parts and effort into) the legs, and yes, the over-armoring here is a bit boxy. The MOC was pretty skinny until I realized that I could attach double Inika shells to each lower leg, then bulked him up accordingly from there.

The pictures with alternate Kanohi are cool, the one with the Knights helmet looks like an Iron Man suit, specifically the first one in the first film which Tony Stark made in the cave.

Someone's mentioned that to me, yes- I didn't notice until it was pointed out. :lol:

but their spirits

Ah, the Miru in the alternate mask section? In that case, it's also the return of Locnor, Diaran, Araic, Raxon, Liuss, Agnahn, Norru, Asgage, Cilira, Zekize, and Arenther. Maybe a few more, but I think I got that right. (And that's just out of my own MOCs, not everyone's.) :P

but their spirits