TSO leg/tail

I have no idea if this has already been asked or not, either way, it's good to figure things out in this topic about the Bionicle Universe.

I remember looking at TSO in Biosector 01, and see that he has three legs. Then I look at his pic that they use, and don't see that 'leg' anymore when he's siting on his throne. So that made me wonder, is that really a leg, or is it a tail?

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Actually, when I had my TSO set together, I removed that tail/leg because it was annoying.But just curious, when was it mentioned that it was a tail?

It was shown when he was sitting on a throne, not sure if it was mentioned though.

In the canon, it's a tail, but it's depicted as a leg in the set for the sake of structural support.

I agree with you, i think you'll find that the tail is canon because of the fact it never really acted as a leg.

Aye like already mentioned i think that was a Tail. And i also remember hearing somewhere that Canon-wise it was a tail and not a third leg

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'm currently searching for a reference of the Shadowed One having a tail instead of a third leg, as the statement sounds familiar to me- I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere- but in the meantime, I think that it would probably be a tail; I can't see a third leg being much use to an upright-standing creature, especially one positioned at the base of the spine.

In fact, I highly doubt it would be a third leg, if the Shadowed One has a way of walking that is similar to ours. See, in humans, our hip movement is a big part of walking, and a third leg would not have the same amount of mobility at the back of the pelvis when compared to the two in the usual position. If you take the skeletal structure of a person and then throw in an extra leg at the back, it's not going to do much to aid movement; I don't think it'd do more than hop about a bit behind. It'd help with balance if he was standing still, I suppose; then again, a tail might do the same thing.

This is me theorizing, though, and as such I will keep searching. :)

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

3. What is that thing behind the Shadowed One? Is it a tail or a leg?

3) It's a tail

Cited from Greg by Ballom here.

As that answers the question, the topic will now be closed. ^_^

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)