'Rebuilt' Matoran - Tanma

IMPORTANT EDIT: Three more Matoran in a similar build have been added to the page; Kapura, Macku and a custom character Rukvin. See below.

Original Post:

So I made a drawing based on this MOC, and people on that thread want to see the actual model I drew. So this is Tanma, freshly 'rebuilt' into a stronger form. He's a little tall for ordinary Matoran, but when I lined him up next to a Hero (which is roughly the same height, isn't it?) and a skeleton frame of the Inika Build, he is still shorter which is good enough for me. Funnily enough, he does look the perfect scale against a Titan set like the Light-and-Darkness Takanuva.

Honestly, if I could change anything about this MOC, it would be that I'd love to be able to have his limb and body colouration match the original set, which sadly is impossible due to a lack of lime green Vahki leg pieces.

Also, I definitely cheated to give the illusion of armour and colour in this.

Oh, and the pipes in the first picture were removed since I felt they were out of place.

imgp5655.jpg_thumb.jpgimgp5656.jpg_thumb.jpgimgp5658_-_copy.jpg_thumb.jpg

NORMAL (with since-removed pipes)

Cool Pose (the one I drew)

Talking with another Matoran (note: The Ta-Matoran pictured was the 'prototype' to the rebuild design for Tanma. As you can see, a lot of edits were made)

So how much shorter is he compared to a Toa or Hero? As Queen Elizabeth would have said; "shortened by a head". but I guess he still carries that Matoran charm either way.And one of my favourite things about this build is probably that since I was making Tanma, I wanted to use the original Av-Matoran body (complete with Jetpack), and I was surprised to be able to use all the sockets on it.

EDIT: Oh, also, about his red eyes: Red is the only version of that headpiece which I have that DOESN'T have a snapped socket. even his hands have snapped sockets. It's so frustrating. Lego, whiy couldn't you have made the parts less brittle during this period!

____

ExtrasI had nothing better to do, so I used up whatever parts I could scavenge to make as many more Matoran in the same design, specifically choosing 2 canon Matoran and a third custom character.

While the custom character Rukvin is the same height as Tanma, Macku and Kapura are slightly shorter and thus a little more Matoran-like due to their smaller feet. I think this just makes the two Av-Matoran stand out from the others.

Macku RebuiltFor Macku, i brought back the discarded chest piece from Tanma's design (a removed feature that remained for the other males), since it seemed to give off a more feminine appearance. Her tools for whatever it is she would need to do on Spherus Magna are a couple of short armblades.imgp5665.jpg_thumb.jpg

Macku's Cool PoseKapura Rebuilt

For Kapura, I tried to use as much red as possible based on his Mata Nui rebuild form. Since I don't have an all-red ruru, the one from the Metru Nui matoran set had to do. His tool is a launcher, which fires small energy pellets or Thornax Fruit.

imgp5664.jpg_thumb.jpg

Kapura's Not-Cool Pose

OC - RukvinRukvin is an Av-Matoran, one of the many Av-Matoran that lived in Karda Nui. During the invasion by the Makuta, he was in one of the villages that got attacked and as such got turned into a Shadow Matoran. His original Kanohi, a powerless Great Hau, was replaced with a powerless Noble Avsa during this period. When he was restored to the light with all the other villagers, he decided to keep his Avsa despite the insistence of the Turaga's wishes, as he wanted to keep a memento of his time in the shadows (though unlike Gavla, he rejoiced returning to the light). He since became a wanderer on Spherus Magna, helping out Agori and Glatorians where necessary. He also participated in a rebuild for Matoran on Spherus Magna. His tool is a Photon Blade, which is an outlet for Light energy when in contact with a Toa (and when he was a Shadow Matoran, it was an outlet for his shadow energy).rukvin.png_thumb.jpg

Rukvin's Cool Pose

TEAM SHOT!imgp5667.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

The drawing sorted out a lot of the small problems here. The blue pins stand out quite a bit alongside the lime pieces. In the drawing those lime pieces on the arms and legs seem to work well, but here they stick out a bit as well. Still, I think Lego should have done something similar to this in the first place with Tanma, the elbow and knee posability is a good addition that doesn't damage the aesthetics in anyway.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I honestly think the MOC would be greatly improved if you removed the white Bohrok eyes, the ball joints they're attached to, and the joints that the ball joints are attached to. You can then use one of those lime joints and replace the black joint on the lower torso with one of those.A secondary qualm would involve the blue pins, but given the status of many collections I'm going to assume that their use is unavoidable.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I could replace the light blue pins, but only with a mixture of grey and tan ones (and about four whites). This is pretty much the reason I wish I could get ahold of a lego-making machine for Bionicle MOCs.

Following the instructions you suggested Sumiki, his torso now looks like this;

imgp5663.jpg_thumb.jpg

Full picture

personally, I'm not perfectly happy with it, but I could see what you were getting at.

EDIT: 3 other Matoran in a similar style have been added. Do check it out!

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Following the instructions you suggested Sumiki, his torso now looks like this;imgp5663.jpg_thumb.jpgFull picture personally, I'm not perfectly happy with it, but I could see what you were getting at.

Mainly I was concerned with the removal of the white since it looked kind of odd just hanging out there ... but I do see what you mean. If you have some small lime bits, perhaps you could try to fill in the open holes on either side of the heartlight with them?

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I removed the teeth. And 04-08 heads would be the Metru heads, correct? I think the only issue there is the fact that they're ball-joint heads, which means they'd need a connector for attaching to the body.

Kapura could use a little work... The legs particularly. I would recommend using some Metru leg armor instead of hands for armor. And that pin in his chest looks a little weird. Macku, Ruvkin, and Tanma all look fantastic though!

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Of course! Metru leg armour...why didn't I consider that when I'd run out of (OOO) bits. Good suggestion. I'll fish those Vakama Thighs out right away. As for the pin in the middle, it's meant to have a lego stud on light the rest as his heartlight. I haven't put it on just yet for some odd reason. Be sure to check back when I replace the shin armour.