The Origin of the Toa Mata

This is pure speculation, but please bear with me.

In BIONICLE Heroes for GBA, the Toa Inika are defeated by the Piraka. Their masks are then scattered around Voya Nui. Six unnamed Matoran, each exposed to energized protodermis and each having found a Great Kanohi (Hau, Miru, Akaku, Kaukau, Pakari, Kakama) become Toa looking exactly like the Toa Mata, but with different weapons. Later, they are transformed into Toa Nuva and, after finding the Inika's organic masks, become identical copies of the Toa Inika. Eventually, they defeat each Piraka, Vezon, and Fenrakk.

BUT...

What if this happened in an alternate universe?

Now, just imagine...

In the prime universe, before Artakha and Karzahni had their falling-out, they used an Olmak to explore other dimensions. In the Bionicle Heroes GBA alternate universe, they find six Toa, whose names happen to be Tahu, Gali, Kopaka, Onua, Pohatu, and Lewa. They are then sent back into the prime reality, where Artakha and Karzahni experimented on them. They successfully brainwashed the Toa, removed their Nuva Armor, took the Nuva Masks that they were carrying and replaced their organic Kanohi with normal Great Masks: the Hau, Miru, Akaku, Kaukau, Pakari, and Kakama. When Artakha and Karzahni fought over the Mask of Creation, they parted ways; Artakha kept the Nuva masks and armor and Karzahni took the organic Kanohi. This is how Artakha was able to teleport Nuva Masks onto Mata Nui to help the Toa Nuva, and this also explains how Karzahni had organic masks when he put them on Jaller, Hewkii, Kongu, Hahli, Nuparu, and Matoro.

The Toa, stripped of their memories, organic Kanohi, Nuva masks, and Nuva armor, were now simply Toa Mata. They were given new weapons and were sent to the Order of Mata Nui to be trained by Hydraxon, and as far as the Order was concerned, they were Toa who had never been Matoran

Mind=Blown (0_o)

CHECK OUT MY BIONICLE-THEMED BAD LUCK BALTA ON TWITTER

https://twitter.com/BadLuckBalta

This is interesting, I'll give you that.Seems way too complex though, with minimal basis in fact.If I'm not mistaken, the Inika's masks were not organic until zapped by the Red Star, so that part's out.Also I'm not sure if an Olmak would allow travel like that... between "real" realities (within Bionicle fiction) is possible, but since the Heroes universe is (IIRC) considered non-canon, I don't think they could get there.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

This is interesting, I'll give you that.Seems way too complex though, with minimal basis in fact.If I'm not mistaken, the Inika's masks were not organic until zapped by the Red Star, so that part's out.Also I'm not sure if an Olmak would allow travel like that... between "real" realities (within Bionicle fiction) is possible, but since the Heroes universe is (IIRC) considered non-canon, I don't think they could get there.

I know, I'm just speculating by making a far-fetched theory, but it still explains a few things.

Besides, at best, this theory (which is just a theory, and is probably completely false) would canonize Bionicle Heroes for the Game Boy Advance.

Edited by Toasylar

CHECK OUT MY BIONICLE-THEMED BAD LUCK BALTA ON TWITTER

https://twitter.com/BadLuckBalta

This is pure speculation, but please bear with me.

In BIONICLE Heroes for GBA, the Toa Inika are defeated by the Piraka. Their masks are then scattered around Voya Nui. Six unnamed Matoran, each exposed to energized protodermis and each having found a Great Kanohi (Hau, Miru, Akaku, Kaukau, Pakari, Kakama) become Toa looking exactly like the Toa Mata, but with different weapons. Later, they are transformed into Toa Nuva and, after finding the Inika's organic masks, become identical copies of the Toa Inika. Eventually, they defeat each Piraka, Vezon, and Fenrakk.

BUT...

What if this happened in an alternate universe?

Now, just imagine...

In the prime universe, before Artakha and Karzahni had their falling-out, they used an Olmak to explore other dimensions. In the Bionicle Heroes GBA alternate universe, they find six Toa, whose names happen to be Tahu, Gali, Kopaka, Onua, Pohatu, and Lewa. They are then sent back into the prime reality, where Artakha and Karzahni experimented on them. They successfully brainwashed the Toa, removed their Nuva Armor, took the Nuva Masks that they were carrying and replaced their organic Kanohi with normal Great Masks: the Hau, Miru, Akaku, Kaukau, Pakari, and Kakama. When Artakha and Karzahni fought over the Mask of Creation, they parted ways; Artakha kept the Nuva masks and armor and Karzahni took the organic Kanohi. This is how Artakha was able to teleport Nuva Masks onto Mata Nui to help the Toa Nuva, and this also explains how Karzahni had organic masks when he put them on Jaller, Hewkii, Kongu, Hahli, Nuparu, and Matoro.

The Toa, stripped of their memories, organic Kanohi, Nuva masks, and Nuva armor, were now simply Toa Mata. They were given new weapons and were sent to the Order of Mata Nui to be trained by Hydraxon, and as far as the Order was concerned, they were Toa who had never been Matoran

Mind=Blown (0_o)

I don't believe the Toa Mata/Nuva wore organic kanohi masks like the Toa Inika and they were never brainwashed. :???: The Toa Mata became Toa Nuva when they've defeated the Bahrag and were trapped inside the tubes, flooding the Toa with protodermis. The Toa Mata didn't wear their Nuva armor and their kanohi nuva masks until they were transformed by protodermis. Artahka did create them as the first Toa team (I think) Yes, they are Toa who have never been matoran villagers and yes they were trained in Karda Nui by Hydraxon, an agent from the Order of Mata Nui.

Edited by bohrokmaster

Also Karzahni never had organic masks, the inika ones became so due strange red-star energy.And, it is confirmed Arthaka MADE the Mata with recources given to him by the GB's.So considering this, this seems very likely to be a "Speculation" which is per S&T rules not allowed.

I'm back!

Artahka did create them as the first Toa team (I think)

Yes, he created them, but they were not first.Also, Dual:

So considering this, this seems very likely to be a "Speculation" which is per S&T rules not allowed.

Speculation?Considering what Sylar said...

I know, I'm just speculating by making a far-fetched theory, but it still explains a few things.

So yeah, it's speculation.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I don't see a point to this topic -- perhaps I'm just being a bit dense, but it's been reported as speculation and it does appear to be so. I'm not seeing any evidence for this (incidentally, in S&T usage, theory is not a synonym for speculation :P). PM me if I have missed something, Toa Sylar, but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to close this.

To explain:

The only thing it seems to be answering is by replacing the canon answers we already have with alternate, clearly non-canon versions of events. We already know that the Toa Mata were built on Artakha and already know how the Inika masks were organic (by the RS lightning, and frankly I'm not seeing how any reasonable theory could connect those two questions anyways :P -- they seem completely unrelated). Perhaps you didn't know these things, so I guess consider those questions that have now been answered. :)

If you are trying to explain why GBABH was set up that way, the answer is really very simple -- it was never intended to be remotely canon. It wasn't meant to be something that needed an explanation; it was just a game. Also, while I don't know much about that version, the main Bionicle Heroes game simply had the Inika themselves going through a journey in which they earn masks and tools. My guess would be that the GBA version was meant to be the same sort of thing but in different ways (I may be wrong on that, but either way, not canon, so it really doesn't work for a theory). BH itself did deviate from anything remotely canonical in a few game functions though, like putting on a mask to switch to a different character (or something like that lol).

So, sorry, but topic closed. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)