Remoulded Old Ball and Socket Joints!

Kanakalackin

Hi guys, I found a project on CUUSOO that I think some of us MoCers would absolutely buy! A service pack containing at least one of each socket joint remoulded with the new HF system. Please support it. We need it!

LINK

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I'd only be interested in the Makuta/Shadowtoran foot, but the other parts I don't think it would be worth it, and if I wanted to replace all of those, it would be costly. Also, I imagine the new socket doesn't suit the parts in some cases, such as the Toa mata foot.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I don't know if a project like this is likely to succeed. LEGO Cuusoo does have rules in place for part projects, but the general rule is that the part would simply be implemented in regular sets rather than released individually, and I don't know if that rule would even cover a huge collection of new molds like this. As far as set projects are concerned, the Cuusoo platform currently isn't able to support new molds for set projects, so the chances of this becoming a separately-sold set or service pack are out the window.I also don't know if BZPower allows topics for individual Cuusoo projects, except perhaps original MOCs which the builder has also proposed on Cuusoo.With that said, the LEGO Cuusoo team hasn't taken it down, so anyone who likes the idea is welcome to offer their support, even if they feel like its chances are slim. Personally, I have little need for a product like this since I rarely MOC with BIONICLE parts anymore and wouldn't likely buy enough of any set with these remolded parts to switch out all the joints on my older sets.@Taipu1: The Shadow Matoran foot has actually already been remolded. It appeared with the newer, sturdier joint design in some later production runs of the Hero Factory set 6201 Toxic Reapa. However, I would love for it to appear in more sets, simply because currently there's no easy way to get ahold of this part. Buying a Toxic Reapa set is a gamble because there's no way of knowing for sure whether it's from a later or earlier production run of the set.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

This seems like a good idea, but would be but what about the other parts, like the toa Metru shin pieces?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I get why some of you don't need this,but why so much negativity? Those of us with broken parts need this now more than ever.

I'm already supporting, and it really needs it.

Would you rather we constantly bombard LEGO with calls and complaints about the old socket parts never being replaced?

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

They should've never replaced them in the first place.

That would be stupid. We'd still have cracking parts and broken sets. Nobody wants that.

I fail to see any logic in your statement.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

This seems like a good idea, but would be but what about the other parts, like the toa Metru shin pieces?

Those don't have any fragility problems if I'm not mistaken. There are no sockets (ball cups) on those pieces. Why would they need to be remolded?

They should've never replaced them in the first place.

That would be stupid. We'd still have cracking parts and broken sets. Nobody wants that. I fail to see any logic in your statement.

I think what he meant was that TLG should never have replaced the 2001-2007 style of socket with the 2008-2010 style. Regardless, I'm glad TLG did go ahead and try to solve the brittle joints issue with a remold. Even if their first attempt in 2008 didn't go very well at all, their second attempt in 2011 is by far the sturdiest ball joint style ever introduced, and I've only heard a few instances of this style breaking. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

regardless, this project NEEDS support. So go! Now!

sailor_moon_banner.jpg