Decepticon Frostbyte - Original Transformer Moc

Zorrakh

23.jpgSo... This is pretty much the only MOC I made over the entire Summer. Guess where my priorities weren't. :PAnyways, so I saw all of Transformers: Animated, Beast Machines, Transformers: Robots in Disguise, and the first half of the original Transformers show (about episode 50-ish, about when the 80's movie takes place). I grew up with Beast Wars, so I saw most of the episodes, so I saw the ones I didn't see, but yeah, I want to make some TransforMOCs. :PInstead of doing what I usually do (making an already-created Transformer out of Bionicle), I wanted to do something original. After deciding to do a snowmobile (mainly because I had Cendox to base it off of), I looked up snowmobile on the Transformers wiki and didn't see one, so I picked that. :P That's also the reason the color scheme is what it is, so please keep that in mind.Some story elements: Frostbyte was an infamous sharpshooter and assasin in the Decepticon ranks, as well as one of the few Decepticons incapable of flight. He more than makes up for this with his special camo plating, his silence and coldness, and his ability to wait extremely long periods of time for his target. Frostbyte can blend into any background and even use the plating to adjust to normal temperatures and filter out uneccessary motions. When offline, however, the armor is bright yellow and black, which then makes him farily easy to spot. The armor also has some bugs in it, so it sometimes flickers on and off very briefly. Frostbyte was one of the Decepticons to leave with Megatron to track down and board the Ark, the Autobot's ship that departed to search for Energon. Since then, he has been stationed in Russia, Alaska, and Tibet to search for Energon as well as keep tabs on any Autobots that he encounters. Frostbyte is armed with a pair of dual arm guns as well as two large shredder swords.Vehicle Mode01.jpgFrontLeftBackRightTransform!1234567891011Robot Mode17.jpgFrontLeftBackRightGuns flipped backPretty much the only things I don't like are the arms and the feet when in vehicle mode. The arms stand out too much and I think there's too much of a gap between the feet as well. But, aside from that, I'm pretty happy. Oh, yeah, the shin pieces are supposed to be like the flames you see on motorcycles. :PPlease comment and enjoy! :biggrin:

This would be amazing even if it didn't transform, but the transformation just adds to the awesomeness. The only really small think I don't like are the HF parts on the forearms with the lava design. If you have them in just plain black, it would look better. Overall wonderful MoC.:)

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Pretty cool transformation, as well as a really cool vehicle mode.Kinda like a transforming Cendox V-1

Thank you. :)

This would be amazing even if it didn't transform, but the transformation just adds to the awesomeness. The only really small think I don't like are the HF parts on the forearms with the lava design. If you have them in just plain black, it would look better. Overall wonderful MoC. :)

Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those armour pieces in black, so I had to improvise. Do they come in that size?

That is pretty awesome. I can't get enough of the transformation gimmick. That rocks!

Thank you. It took me a while for figure it out. :P

Cool im amazed how people get these things to work. I disagree with you about you opinion about the hands in vehicle mode i think there fine. I agree you about the feet there very hard to pose right I assume for the MOC

This Account Is Only Temporary until i have enough posts to PM Black Six and get my Original Account fixed:

Stoney The Raptor

I like it. The coloring is especially cool, and nice use of Throwbot parts.I also like that it turns into a cendox-v1.

Thanks. :) One of the original ideas I had was to make a transforming Jetrax T6, but I decided to do something smaller to get used to building TransforMOCs.

Cool im amazed how people get these things to work. I disagree with you about you opinion about the hands in vehicle mode i think there fine. I agree you about the feet there very hard to pose right I assume for the MOC

Ohmygosh.. it transforms! That's awesome how you got it to do that ! I would have never been able to be that creative! Congratulations!

Thank you. :) I'm not creative, either, I just pretty much built it as I went along, with a little bit of planning, of course. :P Edited by Zorrakh

Amazing transformer! I like his look in vehicle mode, but Slizer-ish look of robo-mode is just brilliant!

Thank you. :) I was going for something doubly nostalgic. :P

This thing is awesome, and that's before you factor in it's ability to transform. Despite this though the head looks a bit lacking compared to the rest of the model, is there something better than a Slizer head you could use?

Thank you. :) Unfortunately, I'm not the best at making heads or making things with small parts and I thought the Slizer head looked cool on it, especially since I had the Slizer limb pieces in there.

Fantastic transformation! Very sleek. I love the yellow. I never knew a Technic figure visor could fit there, I'll have to use that sometime. Very awsome MOC.

Thank you. :) The visor is from the snow Slizer, as far as I know, so I'm not sure if it's the same piece as the Technic figure visor. If you could let me know of your findings, I'd appreciate it. :)

Thank you. :) I was going for something doubly nostalgic. :P

What could be more nostalgic than Sizers? o_O
I meant that it's doubly nostalgic becuase it's both Slizer and Transformer, but I guess it depends whether or not you watched Transformers/Beast Wars/Beast Machines/Robots in Disguise/whichever series you've seen. :P

I do not think I've ever seen a better TransforMOC. Great job! I really like the face, I find that doing a good face is really hard to do... MTL

Edited by McSmeag

I do not think I've ever seen a better TransforMOC. Great job! I really like the face, I find that doing a good face is really hard to do... MTL

Thank you. :) As I said earlier, I'm not good at making faces either. I think for me it's pretty much I either use a mask or make a cylops head. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I've always loved TransforMOCs. This is no exception. Though to be honest, the hips look a little frail, but hey, actual Transformers figures sometimes have that problem too in order for the transformation to work, so that can easily be overlooked. Great job on this, and I always love seeing yellow MOCs.Plus, I always thought Bayformers looked really Bionicle-y anyway XP (no offense if that's how you're taking it, though. I actually think Bayformers look cool.)

THIS MOC is pretty AWESOME!!!! I only have two problems with it:1) The head could've been better (I don't think a Roboriders head fits a TransformMOC ;S)and 2) The arms could've used a bit more bulk (upper arm I mean), but other than that they are cool :)You know I had a go at a transforming helicopter about a year ago and it turned out pretty good :P

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...

Robot mode: The limbs are just fine, great even. The head is the only thing that needs work. 9/10Vehicle mode: It needs a seat. 9.5/10

Thank you. :) About the seat, I know that on the Cendox there's not really a seat, so I decided to wing it. :P

I've always loved TransforMOCs. This is no exception. Though to be honest, the hips look a little frail, but hey, actual Transformers figures sometimes have that problem too in order for the transformation to work, so that can easily be overlooked. Great job on this, and I always love seeing yellow MOCs.Plus, I always thought Bayformers looked really Bionicle-y anyway XP (no offense if that's how you're taking it, though. I actually think Bayformers look cool.)

Thank you. :) I like the designs of quite a few of the Bayformers as well, especially the Dreads' concept art (TF3), but most just look too complicated to me to be Transformers. :P

THIS MOC is pretty AWESOME!!!! I only have two problems with it:1) The head could've been better (I don't think a Roboriders head fits a TransformMOC ;S)and2) The arms could've used a bit more bulk (upper arm I mean), but other than that they are cool :)You know I had a go at a transforming helicopter about a year ago and it turned out pretty good :P

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was a dinosaur at first. XD But seriously, very well done! Black and light yellow is always a good colorscheme. The vehicle looks like Cendox on steroids.I'm left questioning the stability of the humanoid. Does he fall backwards a lot?

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

This is cool! The only thing that I think could be fixed is the huge back in robot mode. It just looks a little weird to me. As for the rest of it, and the effective ability to transform, brilliant work!signoffffff.png

Thank you. :) The back is a little weird, but I wasn't worried about that too much because there at plenty of Transformers that have the same problem yet still look pretty cool. :P My original plan was to have the part the the tread connects to split as limbs, but, sadly, that didn't work out.

I thought it was a dinosaur at first. XD But seriously, very well done! Black and light yellow is always a good colorscheme. The vehicle looks like Cendox on steroids.I'm left questioning the stability of the humanoid. Does he fall backwards a lot?

:P Thank you. :) There is some trouble of balance (a little more than I care for), but it's not too bad.Oh, and by the way, since you mentioned dinosaurs, I'll just say I have something in the works... :sly:

DANG ! I sooo love old school parts mixed w/ contemporary parts ! Combine that with a perfect TRANSFORMING moc and YELLOW, a winner !

Thank you. :) As I was working on this, I thought that Hero Factory pieces might be useful to keep it lighter than with Bionicle parts, as well as give a nice shape.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to reply to this topic for a while, as I think this is one of your best MOCs. It also reminds me how much of a procrastinator I've been in posting my own MOCS made over the summer. :PYour fusion of System, Technic, and Hero Factory parts on this guy is simply stunning, in that this robot looks great both in Slizer mode and snowmobile mode. In particular, I love the use of the red-outlined Millenia plate on his chest, as it gives the effect of a Bionicle-esque heartlight (and fits the Transformer "spark" to boot). Otherwise, his torso seems solidly built, his legs look sturdy in addition to having the cool flame decals, and you attached those long-barreled Exo-Force guns quite nicely to his arms. The presence of fingers on his hands was a nice touch, and I don't believe I've seen that hand design on any of your creations before, but it looks splendid!Frostbyte's head works quite well, since I know it's nigh impossible in most cases to make a realistic Transformer head (what with the typical humanoid face and all). That visor really adds some character, reminiscent of ski gogglea, which perfectly fits the persona of an arctic Decepticon. Finally, his snowmobile mode far outshines the actual Cendox set, which is even more remarkable considering that it can transform. Overall, you've really outdone yourself here in terms of making a working TransforMOC.It's great to see you back in BBC, Zorrahk, and I look forward to future creations from you. :)~B~

Edited by Ballom

I've been meaning to reply to this topic for a while, as I think this is one of your best MOCs. It also reminds me how much of a procrastinator I've been in posting my own MOCS made over the summer. :PYour fusion of System, Technic, and Hero Factory parts on this guy is simply stunning, in that this robot looks great both in Slizer mode and snowmobile mode. In particular, I love the use of the red-outlined Millenia plate on his chest, as it gives the effect of a Bionicle-esque heartlight (and fits the Transformer "spark" to boot). Otherwise, his torso seems solidly built, his legs look sturdy in addition to having the cool flame decals, and you attached those long-barreled Exo-Force guns quite nicely to his arms. The presence of fingers on his hands was a nice touch, and I don't believe I've seen that hand design on any of your creations before, but it looks splendid!Frostbyte's head works quite well, since I know it's nigh impossible in most cases to make a realistic Transformer head (what with the typical humanoid face and all). That visor really adds some character, reminiscent of ski gogglea, which perfectly fits the persona of an arctic Decepticon. Finally, his snowmobile mode far outshines the actual Cendox set, which is even more remarkable considering that it can transform. Overall, you've really outdone yourself here in terms of making a working TransforMOC.It's great to see you back in BBC, Zorrahk, and I look forward to future creations from you. :)~B~

Thank you, Ballom. I'm glad you like it. :) Although I haven't mentioned it, I was kind of worried about how doing fusion with this would turn out, especially since I don't think too many people have experimented with mxing Bionicle parts with Hero Factory parts, and one thing I've noticed is that the Hero Factory parts can keep your models lighter because you can get different kinds of connections and because you would have had to use several Bionicle and/or Technic parts to get the same kinds of connections.I've used the hand design before, on both my Vorox revamp and my Maxilos revamp from about a year or so ago.Thanks again. :)

This is pretty good. That, and it looks like the actual set to boot. Nice use of HF, BIONICLE, and technic sets!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...