BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I would like to take this moment to remind the players of the Train Heist that the cars of said train are made primarily of metal (with assorted furnishings of other materials.) Designed to withstand sandstorms, the occasional falling rocks, and limited attacks from hostile bandits.  Door frames and roofs are not going to be falling apart from a couple of nasty bumps and amped up death metal.

Hey EW. The game is doing well enough, if a bit slow. Glad to see that your vanishment was not due to an ugly stabbing in a dark alley.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Aside from pointing out that Sonics can, in fact, be used to disrupt structual integrity (Example 1, Use 3 over on BS01), I have some issues of my own I'd like to bring up, mainly with Ghidora's last post.

First of all, I'd just like to point out that I'm perfectly fine with the blow hitting Sorox in the chest; I did type up that Tenjin was still in the process of regaining his vision, so that's still perfectly acceptable. Unfortunately, since the attack was more or less a crouching Shoryuken, he's also launching himself off of the floor as well, so if the blow were to connect and send him even higher up into the air than he already was at a completely different angle, then there really wouldn't be enough space between his fist and the ceiling of the passenger car (assuming it's only slightly taller than the height of your average Vortixx) for him to fly over their heads. Also, similar to the Kakama, a Kadin would need some additional time and distance to sufficiently build up speed and/or acceleration, both of which are not currently present enough for him to realistically slip through said gap before it inevitably closed, given the relatively close proximity of their original starting positions.

Even if he did still somehow get behind them, though, him impacting the doorframe simply isn't going to happen. From what I've gathered since the start of the heist, this is currently the approximate layout of the fight:

1. Rear Door (Leads Towards Gold)

2. Guard #1

3. Kynaera (Teleported)

4. Guard #2

5. Datrox & Cyramar's Booth or Whatever

6. Sorox (In Flight)

7. Taranis & Tenjin

8. Dalyn

9. Guards #3 & #4

10. Front Door (Entrance to Other Passenger Cars)

So taking all of this into consideration, Sorox would have to sail past or into three other characters just to reach it in order to do any damage, thus putting him nowhere near close enough to Taranis and Tenjin in order to effectively attack them. In all honesty, it would probably just be easier to have him get knocked backwards and roll down into the aisle instead.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Yeah shaking an object a bunch will certainly mess up all the bits and pieces holding it together but that takes time. The sonic gun was set to cause people pain like a crowd control device. It's not going to to do much to the roof of a train car. Either that or that sonic gun was abruptly turned up high enough to blast through solid metal with a glancing shot, in which case the fragments would be flying up and scattering the desert.

And for the sake of keeping the battlefield clear. I was running under the assumption that the positions of Kynaera and Guard 1 are currently the reverse of what you have there.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Granted, that is likely how a normal sonic weapon would work, but seeing as to how Taranis and Tenjin only have one arm apiece (they possess a build similar to that of The Abramovici Twins from Batman: Arkham City), I sort of figured that their tech items would have some type of component installed that would cycle through settings automatically depending on how much of their power they were pumping into them, since neither possesses the extra limb necessary to do so independently. Combined with the uncontrolled surge in power, the fact that the incident in question occured while he was in the process of dodging plasma fire (meaning that his arm was moving and that he wasn't targeting one specific area), and the already pre-established fact that the interior and exterior of the train isn't just kept seperate by a single piece of metal, whatever happened to be dislodged would also still be eventually be brought down by gravity as the sound waves themselves never actually succeeded in penetrating their way through the train and certainly weren't sticking around long enough to keep anything suspended.

As for Kynaera's position, really? I only recall her teleporting past Guard #2 (the one Tenjin hit with Impact Vision), but it's not like it makes that much of a difference anyway.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Okay, now I'm confused again.

Why is there a broken window between Taranis, Tenjin, and Dalyn? The only attacks traveling towards that area were two spent plasma rounds from Cyramar (which, given the angle they were fired at, would've ended up hitting the floor), the fragments of Stone and Crystal flying towards Dalyn (who is currently still in the aisle as far as I can tell, so they'd more likely end up hitting the Skakdi twins in the event that she ended up avoiding them), and possibly the blast of Laser Vision Datrox is attempting to deflect with his sword, all of which have yet to even come close to producing the desired outcome in question. And in the event that any of them did, as Silvan just previously stated, any attack coming from inside the train would be sending the debris outside, so there'd be no shards of glass to step on anyway.

Granted, I suppose Prei (who I'm assuming this is, and am completely unsure as to whether or not we're going for a surprise reveal here, hence the Spoiler Tag) could've also broken it himself, but Volitak or no, both the glass shattering and flying absolutely everywhere (plus the sound of it doing so) would still potentially give away his position, which sort of comes off as slightly counterproductive.

Either way, Hubert, welcome to an already mostly one-sided fight, I suppose. It did start off as 7 to 4, after all, so it's not like the odds of us actually pulling off the heist were that great to begin with.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Why is there a broken window between Taranis, Tenjin, and Dalyn? The only attacks traveling towards that area were two spent plasma rounds from Cyramar (which, given the angle they were fired at, would've ended up hitting the floor), the fragments of Stone and Crystal flying towards Dalyn (who is currently still in the aisle as far as I can tell, so they'd more likely end up hitting the Skakdi twins in the event that she ended up avoiding them), and possibly the blast of Laser Vision Datrox is attempting to deflect with his sword, all of which have yet to even come close to producing the desired outcome in question. And in the event that any of them did, as Silvan just previously stated, any attack coming from inside the train would be sending the debris outside, so there'd be no shards of glass to step on anyway.

Either way, Hubert, welcome to an already mostly one-sided fight, I suppose. It did start off as 7 to 4, after all, so it's not like the odds of us actually pulling off the heist were that great to begin with.

Eh, it's Po-Koro. Broken windows on a train that haven't been fixed yet aren't too odd, I would think, but it's a little coincidental that 1. There is still broken glass that wouldn't have been stepped on already, 2. that the window was broken with just the right sized hole to admit a person of any size, 3. that this window was coincidentally placed behind the Skakdi enough that they wouldn't notice any new, sudden movement from whoever it is popping through the new massive hole, and 4. that this figure manages to somehow, in the space of a train car, not bump anybody else and be completely undetectable in the space of a train car. I understand they're somewhat spacious, but this is a cowboy-age train, or as close to one as it can get.

And if it wasn't rather rustic, there's no way it'd be carrying Datrox, BZP's only Biocowpoke.

Granted, I suppose Prei (who I'm assuming this is, and am completely unsure as to whether or not we're going for a surprise reveal here, hence the Spoiler Tag) could've also broken it himself, but Volitak or no, both the glass shattering and flying absolutely everywhere (plus the sound of it doing so) would still potentially give away his position, which sort of comes off as slightly counterproductive.

[6/01/2017 8:25:02 AM] Lloyd Jr.: I think most of the windows are gone by now
[6/01/2017 8:25:14 AM] Chinese Tyler St. Francis: That makes it easier then
[6/01/2017 8:25:15 AM] Lloyd Jr.: With all the sonics flying around

Hey, turns out I have internet after all. Traveling can be a pain.

So about the windows. First of all, Ghidora, Po-koro is pretty well off. Certainly no worse than any of the other koros. All the windows were in good condition before the fight.

Second, it seems that Timageness and I have slightly different ideas about what is going on. Dylan has no stone shards heading for her. Those were launched from very close range at Kynaera, and the open doorway behind her. (If I have her position wrong please say something Legolover.)

Also there have been several high powered sonic attacks in an enclosed where the walls are filled with windows. Those things are not going to have fared well. As far as glass on the floor goes. Does it really matter that much too you? It's flavor text. If it bothers anybody we can just say that some of it bounced off the window edges back into the car.

To clarify Hubert's post, he has my Skype nickname set to Lloyd Jr.

• Upvote 1

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The Crystaline Toa that Dylan fired at had been expecting just such a move. Ducking out of the way of such a hurried shot was a simple affair. Before the bandit could launch a second shot two of the prisms launched forward from where they hovered. One from straight on, the other swooping in from the open isle. If they hit the would begin expanding across Dylan until all but her head was encased in a shell of refractive crystal.

The Po Toa with the machete did likewise. It seemed that the conjoined Skakdi twins were being fairly effectively ganged up on by the other passengers. Entering that fight would simply confuse things more and increase the chances of friendly fire. And he did not want to get in the way of the crystals his friend was sending at the one with the bow.

So the Po-Toa here is only dodging Dalyn's second shot, then? Regardless, if she ends up moving, there's still going to be crystals potentially shooting through that area anyway.

Also there have been several high powered sonic attacks in an enclosed where the walls are filled with windows. Those things are not going to have fared well. As far as glass on the floor goes. Does it really matter that much too you? It's flavor text. If it bothers anybody we can just say that some of it bounced off the window edges back into the car.

After reading through six pages looking for heist-related material, I have only found evidence of one Sonic attack; Taranis'. Seeing as to how the sound was still mostly concentrated around Datrox and Cyramar's position, it may have also had some effect on the windows down there while it was still being used for pacification, but even after doing its best impression of Shocker's Vibro Gauntlets all over the ceiling above them, I'm still having a hard time believing that it's going to cause something behind him to shatter, especially when what's making it do so is at least several feet away and aimed in the complete opposite direction. No vibrations would be heading towards it at all, which means there's very little reason as to why it wouldn't still be intact. And even if they were, you said so yourself that the train was specifically designed to repel outside attacks. Keeping up with that theme, the designers would've more than likely also been using a form of glass with slightly higher resistances than normal during construction, probably something that had been previously imported from Onu-Koro.

Whether or not it's flavor text is largely irrelevant, as it's still a part of Hubert's opening post, which details how he was able to position his character in between Dalyn and the Skakdi. If there's no means of entry for Hubert's character to utilize in their attempt to re-board the train (in the event that we are dealing with a form of strengthened glass that they wouldn't be able to break simply by swinging their body into, of course), then he effectively can't have them do so, and considering as to how I just finished explaining why Sorox would be unable to get behind Taranis and Tenjin earlier, this isn't really that much of a jump.

IC Sorox

Here we find our valiant hero in another perplexing problem.

As he flew at great speed towards the duo, they changed position and the one on the right sent a violent punch aimed towards his... Chest? Sorox wasn't sure if that was the sole intent of the punch, but that's where it landed. Maybe this foe didn't think about how fast he was going...

Either way, he got a massive, head-sized fist (or that's how it appeared) with electrical charge to boot, straight into the strongest portion of his body, and even with the expected retaliation, it hurt. Not to mention the electrical part. Instead of catching both Skakdi in the neck and possibly breaking one, he sped over their heads and quickly deactivated his mask.

Smashing into the ceiling of the car, he let out a snarling cry of pain and fell into one of the adjacent seats. Still gripping his sword tightly, he almost fell on it as he landed in a most undignified position, instead choosing to launch it out at the Skakdi pair's heads before smashing his shoulder against one of the head rests.

Hitting or not, the sword would be a good distraction. And right now, Sorox needed a good therapist for that shoulder.

Speaking of which, like I said before, this just straight-up isn't possible. If Sorox only possesses enough speed to turn a blow to the chin into a blow to the chest (which, as supported by the lack of flight distance between their original positions and the time it took for him to do so, isn't that fast), his mask is the only thing keeping him in midair, and Tenjin's launching his fist up towards the ceiling with enough force to take himself off of the floor, this is effectively also going to change his trajectory to the point where it is much more likely for him to fall backwards instead of somehow managing to clear them and ending up on the other side. The front half of his body would now also be moving upwards in respone with the blow, and the resulting impact with the roof of the train would rob him of virtually all of his forward momentum if it hadn't already disappeared after flying directly into his arm.

Again, for the record, I'm not expecting this to take him out of the fight entirely, or even for it to cause him any injuries that he wouldn't be able to realistically recover from within the span of the actual battle itself. Simply hitting the aisle below, and maybe involuntarily rolling backwards a few feet, should give him enough time to catch his breath and come up with a reasonable counterattack while everything else around him is currently being resolved.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Speaking of which, like I said before, this just straight-up isn't possible. If Sorox only possesses enough speed to turn a blow to the chin into a blow to the chest (which, as supported by the lack of flight distance between their original positions and the time it took for him to do so, isn't that fast), his mask is the only thing keeping him in midair, and Tenjin's launching his fist up towards the ceiling with enough force to take himself off of the floor, this is effectively also going to change his trajectory to the point where it is much more likely for him to fall backwards instead of somehow managing to clear them and ending up on the other side. The front half of his body would now also be moving upwards in response with the blow, and the resulting impact with the roof of the train would rob him of virtually all of his forward momentum if it hadn't already disappeared after flying directly into his arm.

Again, for the record, I'm not expecting this to take him out of the fight entirely, or even for it to cause him any injuries that he wouldn't be able to realistically recover from within the span of the actual battle itself. Simply hitting the aisle below, and maybe involuntarily rolling backwards a few feet, should give him enough time to catch his breath and come up with a reasonable counterattack while everything else around him is currently being resolved.

I am assuming Tenjin's fist is on the right? If so, this is how it seems to have played out...

Sorox flies into the blow - this fist being on the right side of the Skakdi, and Sorox was aiming for the general middle, that means that any attack launched by the Skakdi's fist would send him to the left. Unless I'm mistaken and Po-Koro has a completely different set of aerial physics. I don't expect, unless the Skakdi brought the hit to connect in the direct front of his face, that he would automatically negate any and all forward motion from being hit in the chest. Thus, it would play like this:

S         SOROX

K      

A       P

K      O

D     W

I

SOR

S       P  OX

K       O

A       W

K

D    

C  E  I  L  I  N  G

SOROX  ow

S      P

K     O

A     W

K

D

I

Still sailing over their heads and still colliding into the ceiling. Being off-put to the left of the duo, he would be somewhat behind them/on the seat to the left. Which would allow him to throw his sword in ridiculous action and land unceremoniously on his right shoulder.

I'll add an edit to make things a bit more specific.

Tenjin's is actually on his left. Taranis' is on his right.

Unfortunately, Tenjin shoved Taranis to the side after the same was done to him in an effort to avoid the plasma fire, which now means that he's striking from more or less the middle of the aisle, as the move wouldn't have even connected with Sorox otherwise. And since it was originally aimed at the underside of his jaw, and a Shoryuken generally involves twisting the body so that the blow impacts specifically around those regions, you effectively just gave me a free shot anywhere from his heartlight down to his lower sternum.

Now if we take into consideration the fact that he's also being suspended in midair by his mask, this means that the impact is going to effectively treat his body like a scale; if one side moves up, then the other has to move down in response, which would then cause him to hit the ceiling and colide into the rest of Tenjin's arm in essentially the same position he normally stands in, thus halting his momentum and making the only directions he can feasibly travel in afterwards backwards and down. Granted, this would also likely succeed in pushing Tenjin back a bit as well, and possibly knock him off-balance as he attempted to land, but he can't exactly attempt to deal with that until the next post.

Again, I'm literally trying to be as fair as possible here; I'm not arguing that the blow sandwiched him against the roof with enough force to kill him outright, that he might've broken a few of his ribs and possibly puctured a lung, or that the electricity should now be causing him some sort of heart problems, even though these are all still technically somewhat realistic outcomes given the current situation he's in. All I'm asking for him to do is to fall over in the right direction, take a moment to catch his breath and acknowledge the pain he's in, and then prepare for his next attack.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: