BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

If you want to hunt Rakshi that's a reason that's been used before.

• Like 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

It's great to see all the familiar faces! (although I wish y'all would stop changing your usernames -- I'm getting too old to keep track)

Writing that jam with Tyler really reminded me of how much fun this game is. So many good memories made with great people over way too many years. As hard as it is this days to find the time and energy to write, there's really nothing that scratches the itch quite like it, and I'm looking forward to jumping back in with all of you. We've still got some great stories to tell!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

Is there somewhere to look up previous descriptions of locations? I've been trying to learn the game lore, but the geography doesn't seem like it's the same as MNOG or MNOG2?

The first post in each location topic includes a brief description, including major landmarks and the general "vibe" of the location. Within that official description, players are generally free to describe the location as they like as long as there's no contradiction.

For example, a player might have his Toa walk into a bar called "The Muaka" in Ga-Koro. No problem there. Players can generally invent locations as they like. But there might be a problem if you described The Muaka as a towering ten-storey building carved from solid granite. That doesn't really vibe with Ga-Koro's official description.

In general, think MNOG or MNOG2 with a dash of technological and architectural advancement. Koros are bigger and better-defended that they were in the games. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/16/2019 at 8:07 AM, Snowy Aegis said:

Heyo, so this is a new account since I used to log in through google and for some reason I can't do that anymore so rip old me i guess.

It's been a while and a lot's happened in Ko Koro so i got no idea where Arankhe is currently beyond 'there' XD

She should still be right with Krayn, Kale, and company. About to start working on escaping the Koro.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hello, loyal subjects! Lend me your ears again!

In case the activity in every topic - with stuff going on in Ko-Wahi, Kentoku, and Kini-Nui (gasp!) that looks suspiciously like plot movement hasn't clued you in - this arc is finally just about to wrap up! Reading everyone's posts again has been an absolute treat, and I'm so glad that we're all back in the spirit of this amazing game and ready to go. I know it's been a long time coming, but the conclusion to this nightmare arc and the chance for a fresh, punctual start is just around the corner. Expect to figure out how things come to a climax with the Followers of Makuta, the Toa Maru, and the increasingly lonely little Umbraline Empire in the coming days! But in the meantime, and I'm borrowing this opener from Nuju, may he sing with Zuto Nui: 

I'm dumb and I'm stupid and I'm the handsomest airhead in the world, which is why I made all my best posts in 2011 before the forums were wiped out so that eight years later I could leave my friend hanging when he needed to quote him. I love Tyler so much and he's the best GM this game ever had. Everyone should post more .gifs and keep reading for news on a brand new contest. Signed, definitely Nuju Metru, back from when I had a Les Mis avatar so you know Tyler isn't making this up.

Stirring and prophetic words - especially the part about this new contest!

See, Ko-Koro works like most (functioning) representative democracies post-Turaga, meaning that it has a little something called an Akiri who runs the whole shindig. In Ko-Koro's case specifically, it's a job with kind of a muddy track record - everyone who's held it so far has wound up either semi-or-completely decapitated, immolated, eviscerated, or otherwise killed and disfigured. We're running out of EW's characters to throw at the job, meaning that it's time for you - yes, you, with the gleam in your eye and smile and optimism intact - to put forward your name to be Akiri of Ko-Koro going into next arc. It doesn't have to be an old character. It doesn't even have to be a character you've come up with right this second. It can be a guy, a girl, heck, it can even be a living blob of ectoplasm wrapped in skin that identifies itself as a ghost. The only stipulation?

It has to be a Matoran.

Yeaaaaah, I said it, a Matoran. Theeeey're small. Theeeey're squishy. But they're over one If they run full speed at a brick wall, what do they hit first? Generally anything at thigh level on a normal person. But they're all over 1 bio tall, which means they have to be heavyweights - no exceptions. More importantly, they're the dominant population of Mata Nui, which also means they're the only ones who get elected - stressing the word elected there - to become Akiri.  If you want to be my lover, you've gotta get with my friends, and if you want to run Ko-Koro you have to be too small to ride a roller coaster. That's just the way it is.

So, with that single stipulation in mind, I want everyone interested to roll the dice and see who gets to run their very own Koro next arc! Factoring in the time it'll take us to get the last few posts of this arc out (ETA: this weekend-early next week), the wrap up topic started and completed (another two weeks), and time for us to polish off the topics for next arc (a week? maybe?) we'll call that three weeks, three and a half. So, whether you want to make a Ko-Matoran seer, a Ta-Matoran immigrant, a crackpot Su-Matoran, or an Av-Matoran in a Founding Fathers wig (please don't) have your suit pressed, your teleprompter ready, and submit your Akiri candidates to me by midnight (EST) on October 15th. That gives you time to submit your favorite pipsqueak or conjure them out of thin air, and gives us time to talk to the winner about ideas they have for rebuilding Ko-Koro in time for those suggestions to make the location topic in time for next arc. 

Sooo, let me be clear - Ko-Koro is yours for the taking. Just get writing and take it!

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Wonder how long this one will last.

On a totally unrelated note, would there happen to be any newly minted Akiri who would like a telegram hooked up to their village?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

On 9/25/2019 at 4:01 PM, Tyler Durden said:

I'm dumb and I'm stupid and I'm the handsomest airhead in the world, which is why I made all my best posts in 2011 before the forums were wiped out so that eight years later I could leave my friend hanging when he needed to quote him. I love Tyler so much and he's the best GM this game ever had. Everyone should post more .gifs and keep reading for news on a brand new contest. Signed, definitely Nuju Metru, back from when I had a Les Mis avatar so you know Tyler isn't making this up.

Seems legit.

• Like 4

test2.png

it’s been 4 long years and the arc is still not finished? good job guys proud of you

Not that i recognize most people because all the names and profile pictures are completely different. but hey i doubt anyone recognizes me either so it’s only fair

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
Oops i forgot no mean words allowed

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Not here. Not like this.

My friend is terrible at self-promotion, but that's okay he's not here right now to stop me.

This post isn't important to the plot. Heck, I can count the number of people it really affects on one hand, but it was a long time coming. The first bits of the idea taking shape nearly three years ago, maybe even four cause the Skype logs are forever lost to time for me. Either way, it means a lot to me, and to a character who has grown and developed as well as any other could since his stick-in-the-mud inception all those years ago. I'm happy I could contribute a bit to his story.

even if he is just a de-toa who likes to play guitar

• Like 5

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -