BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

But now there's two Skakd, meaning they can use elemental powers. But, back on topic, anyone that wants to join the "Reformers(name tentative)" PM me.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Huh. I was unaware of that... :P

Now that this came up, I might as well ask if we need specific players for guards or can we just NPC them ourselves (as long as we behave, naturally)? Of course it would make sense for Matoro to be aware of the whole chaos at the inn.

Have faith, Almanax! There is still the powerful deus ex machina! :o

EDIT: @Geardirector: You had a good point about dodging that disk, so I edited the post with Surina. It did feel unrealistic to me as well from the start, so it's better this way.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

Precisely my thoughts EmperorWhenua.

Besides, I'm a pessimist by nature. And in any case, Celite is self-interested...assuming we both have the same plan, I can see a Prisoner's Dilemma situation occurring.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Precisely my thoughts EmperorWhenua.

Besides, I'm a pessimist by nature. And in any case, Celite is self-interested...assuming we both have the same plan, I can see a Prisoner's Dilemma situation occurring.

That would actually be pretty interesting to see in this BZPRPG and I'm not sure if it's done before here. And knowing Surina is selfish as well, things might turn out VERY fascinating. I wonder if Tivanu will be involved, since he helped Surina and Celite.

Anyway, capture isn't a bad option since it offers some new playing possibilities.

How long OOC do you guys think 1/2 a week IC would be? I'm currently thinking around Thursday.

As long or short as you want man. BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

lawl.png

I have been known as shark112, Shark112, Shark Owns Demons All teh Time (yes the is typoed intentionally), Sharkalicious, The Venom Symbiote, Zyglakky Shark Ranger, Pope Sharkictus CXII, King Sharkictus CXII, Dotor Shark PhD Bionicle, and Shark.

How long OOC do you guys think 1/2 a week IC would be? I'm currently thinking around Thursday.

As is oft quoted, BZPRPG Time is odd. A general rule of thumb is that it flows slower than OOC time, but it can really be as slow or fast as you need, within reason. Just remember to make sure any timeskips you make are given the OK by the people you're RPing with ;D

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Let me add that BZRPG Time allows you to to make traveling much easier. You can travel from Koro A to Koro B in 5 posts. I've actually done that before.

You can even do it w/out approval from other players if flying solo and not interacting with anyone.

Morally unambiguous.

Oh, yes there's a death penalty. Hahli ties you upside to the docks until you die from too much blood in your brain or drown. I should know. She almost did it to me for just lying, much less trying to kill her. In fact, I was trying to help along your plan by incriminating Le-Koro. And that threat inspired me to create the Anti-Akiri Alliance(PM me if you want to join, and/or have a better idea for the name) But yay! I'm getting more prison buddies!

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

It was a joke. I'm not bitter about it, I just thought I'd brighten Almanax's day so he can know what's in store for his character. And yes, Hahli jumped out of my screen while I was playing MNOG II and tried to kill me because I stink at Kolhii and kept making Ga-Koro lose.

This debate inspired me to add a summary of my Kolhii skills to my sig. Yes, it was the first match. I never beat it. But, back on topic, do we have any kind of idea how advanced native tech is now in Onu-Koro?

No. But they are capable of constructing geothermal power plants, radios, underwater greenhouses, surveillance devices, chutes, and it's safe to say that they're not handing out the best stuff. Probably.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well, we can't really assume that tech follows same progression here as it does on earth.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Can I have a spiked whip that has a poison tip? Also is a buzz-saw styled shield with wicked blades extending out (Wicked Blades: Carapar's) (Shield Style: Skrall shield) (Shield Design: Brain Attack Rocka) be considered foreign tech. I am currently waiting on Mister Nuju to come back on, but I need to know this for two characters that I am about to create.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Really, I think your character would just have to have a good supply of poison for the former, and for the latter, so long as it doesn't have a motor or anything like that to make it spin, I doubt that it would be considered "high tech."

You're basically just taking a big shield and welding blades onto it.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

A did, and am currently waiting. I'll have a look at some other staff members who are here right now.

EDIT: That seems about right about what the shield is. Thanks, and as for the poison, I'm thinking it just being the spikes that have poison.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Introducing: the Living List!

Considering the general technological advancement of Mata Nui since the Makuta days, I've decided that some steps forward have to be tangibly taken. I've decided to create a "Living List" of token Native Tech items or item types that may be acquired by PCs in-game from realistic places without approval. This is a new addition to the profiles rules, under the "Technology" heading. If players wish to suggest other technologies to add to the Living List, they may PM those suggestions to me with the subject line "Living List." Please note that suggested items, once submitted, will not be up for negotiation; they will receive merely a yes or no. Please read the list in the profiles topic before you submit ideas, in case your idea has already been approved.

Here is my initial list. Looking forward to hearing your suggested additions!

• Glass lenses with various focusing/diffusing properties. These are used in telescopes, magnifying glasses, and lamps. Such lenses, usually employed in Lightstone lanterns, can also be purchased separately, as they're prone to breaking.
  • Onu-Koronan task tablets or "iStones" with abacus, note-taking, and some document-holding possibilities. These are very difficult to open without damaging the machinery inside - they've been manufactured to break this way by the Onu-Koro engineers on purpose, so that their computing abilities remain essentially unreproducible.
  • Basic metal tools such as hammers, axes, pickaxes, and even scissors. These items were available before, but now they're more easy to acquire; the best come from Ta-Koro.
  • Simple clockwork devices with gears, springs, and even little bells. The most complex and expensive sort are the smaller ones, especially rudimentary, one-handed watches. Many varieties of little wind-up toys are also available, from bouncing Fusa to rolling Manas.
  • Disk launchers have propagated, reducing the need for skill when using a bamboo disk as a weapon. Some launchers hold more disks with spring or gravity-loading magazines.
  • Photothermic powder, also known as "Stralix Powder" after its inventor, made up of mixed lightstones and heatstones. This powder is slightly more potent than the explosion of a Madu Cabolo, and is much safer to store and use. Sharp impact, or fire, can set it off.
  • Kites and gliders, while usually impractical, can be produced on request by the right craftspeople. Huge, delicate hang gliders are made best in Le-Koro.

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png