BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

...This list fits so well with an idea I've been throwing around since the last "powerless characters are weaker" debate.<3Now, to make firework bombs as distractions...

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Wrong topic dude.I feel like you're referring to another thing you have set up in a different part of the forum and you might've accidentally posted here, but all posts here have to be related to the BZPRPG and only the BZPRPG.

Edited by snoip lion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

That only works with Toa or Lesterin. So Matoran are just automatically hit by guns? Sounds unfair especially considering that since people like generally making Toa-characters more often, the few Matoran who enter the game shouldn't be oppressed by constantly having the threat of instant death.

I don't think that anybody is going to be making local guns that can shoot with anything better then shotgun spread accuracy and a higher then anyone would like chance of blowing up in your face.

There is a difference between blasting powder and a gun.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

That only works with Toa or Lesterin. So Matoran are just automatically hit by guns? Sounds unfair especially considering that since people like generally making Toa-characters more often, the few Matoran who enter the game shouldn't be oppressed by constantly having the threat of instant death.

De-Matoran. If they have the training and the practice to have quick reflexes, and a have way to keep their hypersensitive hearing in check, they can be very effective in dodging and countering this sort of thing. You'd be amazed at how much noise goes into pulling a trigger and how loud bullets travel in the air. As for the rest of the Matoran...well, I'd go with what everyone else is saying about accuracy and stuff.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

I definitely think that these weapons are quite inaccurate and ineffective, basically the equivalent of early flintlocks.

Yet even in such a primitive state, gunpowder will close the gap between Toa and species with less power.

Matchlocks and flintlocks are still dangerous, especially when they're pretty easy to use.

Toatapio, I have some bad news. There are a lot of moves possible with various powers or equipment that are incredibly hard to deal with, guns just seem worse. Arrows? They can't really be dodged either, unless you;re very, very far away. Magnetism? So many unavoidable moves it's not even funny.

Plus, most guns of any reasonable level aren't that prolific. Only Vortixx or Skakdi have them.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

De-Matoran. If they have the training and the practice to have quick reflexes, and a have way to keep their hypersensitive hearing in check, they can be very effective in dodging and countering this sort of thing. You'd be amazed at how much noise goes into pulling a trigger and how loud bullets travel in the air. As for the rest of the Matoran...well, I'd go with what everyone else is saying about accuracy and stuff.

Except in real life and with my character most bullets travel faster than the speed of sound, so by the time you've heard them you've already been hit...xP

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Then it's a good thing we haven't perfected guns to fire at such speeds...and that we don't exactly conform to realism except when ansolutely neccesary or logical.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Toatapio, I have some bad news. There are a lot of moves possible with various powers or equipment that are incredibly hard to deal with, guns just seem worse. Arrows? They can't really be dodged either, unless you;re very, very far away. Magnetism? So many unavoidable moves it's not even funny.

Plus, most guns of any reasonable level aren't that prolific. Only Vortixx or Skakdi have them.

Arrows travel slower though, and deal less damage. And don't you agree that posting: "Jarkale saw the bullet come but dodged it as the last minute" is a bit silly? Replace bullet with arrows and it makes at least some more sense.

I'll just have to get my characters turned into Toa and change all their masks into a Hau, lol. By the way, how does Toa-ization work in this RPG? I assume you cannot just decide to turn a Matoran into Toa... but can a Toa character give up his or her power to become Turaga and use the Toa power in creative ways? Or to turn someone else into a Toa?

I was solving the same problem with Fiera. Transformation has to be staff approved, and from my experience you're more likely to get away with matoran-> toa than toa-> turaga. Good luck getting more than one :)

to address the problem here though, I wouldn't give the guns much thought. They have been here with the skakdi and vortixx anyway, and if the Akiri players are sensible they will only provide the tech to decent players who will not abuse it.

ALSO, Nuju said you can get the powder w/o approval - there is a lot to be done between powder and a bullet, let alone gun. I believe guns and their ammo fall into the 'need approval' category.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension