BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

aaaagh. I ttook me all day (and B6's suggestion) to be able to get these reply-box things working. I hope I didn't miss much in the handling of Celite.

EDIT: Am I right in assuming Celite and Surina are still maskless,?

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

aaaagh. I ttook me all day (and B6's suggestion) to be able to get these reply-box things working. I hope I didn't miss much in the handling of Celite.

EDIT: Am I right in assuming Celite and Surina are still maskless,?

Held in Ga-Koro. Perhaps the masks have been put back on to keep them from dying, but not sure.

He is the elite of the lawn enforcement.

Lawn enforcement?

You weren't here for that; It's an inside joke from the last arc.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

You know, it serriously wouldn't suprise me if one of the heavily implied concepts of the Bionicle Universe is that the air is polluted with a chemical that heavily weakens, degenerates, or messes with the mind of any who inhale it, so to counter this the Great Beings (or some other outside entity) put it in place so that Kanohi Masks would be created as respirators to filter out the pollution, but no one in the universe has figured this out yet and just stick to the general concept of "no mask = :( "If this is true, then in theory if BZPRPG people discovered this one could produce powerless "respirators" that serve this same practical function of filtering the pollution in the air minus granting Toa, Turaga, etc powers. That would come in handy for keeping prisoners alive without masks but not letting them have powers.Of course, this has just been my speculation ever since, like, 2005 (Sidorak. Nuff said.). I could be wrong, but it would answer a few questions.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

You know, it serriously wouldn't suprise me if one of the heavily implied concepts of the Bionicle Universe is that the air is polluted with a chemical that heavily weakens, degenerates, or messes with the mind of any who inhale it, so to counter this the Great Beings (or some other outside entity) put it in place so that Kanohi Masks would be created as respirators to filter out the pollution, but no one in the universe has figured this out yet and just stick to the general concept of "no mask = :( "

You must watch Tohkann: TOA's stuff alot, if I remember correctly.

But that's beside the point.

At least five known PC arrests.

Huh, I wasn't even keeping track.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

You must watch Tohkann: TOA's stuff alot, if I remember correctly.

Actually I could not honestly say I've ever even heard of that. It's my own personal speculation...I guess someone already beat me to it.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Krayzikk really likes arrests by the way, so if you want a criminal character, stay away from his guards. He is the elite of the lawn enforcement.

hubeeeeeeeeeeeertyou weren't supposed to warn themnow they'll see me coming and hide:p Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Can the fact that you have 6 of them have anything to do with that? :P

I never understood haivng more than 3 characters. I can't comprehend how someone can think of so many small stories to go with them. Heck, I only have two here and I even tied their stories together xD And I'm a happy guy!

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

I started out with creating only one, Kirgan. But I found only having one personality boring and decided to take a different route and create a Matoran to each Koro. I find it simulating to have several sub-stories on at the same time, being able to develop and separate the personalities of each of the characters, to differentiate them... and then bring them together at some point.

Plus, I have a general idea of how I want all of my characters to be connected...

But bottom line is, I will never make a seventh character unless someone dies first. Six is the maximum, like with sets. :P

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

I started out with creating only one, Kirgan. But I found only having one personality boring and decided to take a different route and create a Matoran to each Koro. I find it simulating to have several sub-stories on at the same time, being able to develop and separate the personalities of each of the characters, to differentiate them... and then bring them together at some point.

Plus, I have a general idea of how I want all of my characters to be connected...

But bottom line is, I will never make a seventh character unless someone dies first. Six is the maximum, like with sets. :P

That's the same mentality I have, pretty much.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

That's the same mentality I have, pretty much.

And accordingly I see you too have six characters, haha. ;)

Some things with Bionicle should never change.

I always feel like that if i don't immediately know how the character would react to a situation, it is a badly designed character and not fun to play at all. I hd this problem roleplaying elsewhere, where I would create a character around one thing that I thought was cool for about half an hour and wouldn't have remembered otherwise. I ended up with 5 characters and 4 of them were killed off within a week :P I think I spent maybe two weeks designing Akira's first draft alone, and I only just finished recently. (It also helps that making the character into infinite depth is quite fun for me :))

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

My ultimate limit in the future will be three characters for the BZPRPG. I want to put time and thought into my characters, I want them to at least develop to the point of being believable instead of making six with the mindset of being able to RP in every Koro, let alone that it would be a pain for me to try and keep up with six different threads as opposed to one or two. For now, however, I am completely content with my lone De-Matoran, and I'm waiting for the Dasaka before my second.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

That, AND we know next to nothing about them except potentially having psychic-based powers (if I'm reading between the lines correctly) and coming from some unknown landmass.

"Wrong."

It might be a pun. Good riddles love puns to throw people off and supply the people who solve it with an "I see what you did there" moment.

"Wrong."

Yeah. I think that the door to "Makuta's vault" is actually the big one that Takutanuva held up and leads to Metru Nui. The whole endless sea thing and a few other parts make since. But some of it is still confusing.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

This prompted me to analyze the riddle. A while ago I was laughed at for thinking I had it figured out. Could be, but I'm gonna tell what I make of it.

Across an endless ocean

This would mean "not on Mata Nui". Might refer to another island... or possibly something different.

Beyond where minds can see

This could mean many things. What I eventually came to suspect is that Red Star plays a key role here and this part would certainly make sense in that regard. After all, no one on the island can actually see into the Red Star. If I'm wrong, this would have to mean some other location or island not visible to us (maybe even the home island of the Dasaka?) For now though, I suspect it's the Red Star and "minds can't see" means that we don't have knowledge of what is in or beyond the star.

My key likes in the open

I think it's "lies". This may mean that the key is actually visible to anyone, in other words not hidden. It's there for all to see or maybe even grasp if it isn't the Red Star. The point is to know when it has been found, but the location may not even be important here.

Where you will never be

Well, this might or may not support the Red Star theory. After all, none of us can travel to the star. Then again, knowing its true purpose, everyone goes there after death. So it all depends on how the creator of the riddle envisioned it.

Beneath the brightest thunder

This is were it starts taking 2006-ish feeling to it. As later parts of the riddle hint, a thunderstorm may be necessary to reach the "key", whatever that is. "Beneath" obviously means somewhere on Mata Nui, I would say. On a different note, is it coincidence that the Akiri are exactly the Inika Matoran? Not sure, but this whole thing has that 2006 scent to it...

Stand towers of the day

I'm actually utterly confused about this one. It involves some kind of towers, pillars, maybe even light beams? Day refers to light, I'm pretty sure. I thought at one point that maybe it refers to the Kini-Nui, but at the moment I don't think it's likely. Also I wonder if a Toa of Light has anything to do with this... probably not.

The light may break asunder

A big flash of lightning. More 2006.

If night skies choose obey

If there's a storm.

The red sign on black eyes

This made me think about the Red Star for the first time. It is, after all, a red object in the black night sky. As I have read this more carefully though, it might refer to something completely different. It might not even be a hint on anything physical or visible, but even metaphorical. Still, I like to think of the Red Star.

Will lead you to your prize

When the lightning flashes, the key is revealed to those who know what to do.

Maybe more flimsy than I thought, but my theory remains the Red Star and 2006 elements playing a role here. Under specific circumstances - a lightning storm - the Red Star may be tapped or something similar to find a way to open the vault. Maybe new Inika-style Toa could be involved? Whatever it is, it is almost certain to include the Dasaka as well. It is possible they can tap into the power of the Red Star or something similar, I don't know. As long as we see any better hints, I will think it's the Red Star that helps open the vault.

Not that it does any good, since when the vault can opened will be decided by someone other than myself.

Thoughts?

Tapio, that is not bad reasoning and my personal opinions on the riddle are not very different to yours.

However, what you have outlined above is not a 'solution' of the riddle. It's a theory, and a sketchy one at that. Had you 'figured the riddle out', then you would be able to tell us exactly what the riddle means and exactly what you would have to do to open the vault. :P

Basically, don't wildly claim to have solved a riddle just because you have some pretty basic ideas about what some of the lines mean...

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png