BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Veneras, might I just say that I would love to hear your theory, and I think that others in this topic (Rene included) would agree.

Might I also express my gladness that your wife let you come back! :)

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Alright, this really isn't the best time to interject, but it's my last chance, so:

Over the course of the next three weeks, I will be severely busy. I won't necessarily be completely off the grid, but real life takes precedence and I'm aiming to get myself a healthy dose of that these next weeks.

To the Mata Nui Weekly, sorry, you guys will have to do without me for a while.

To anyone else interacting with me, I'll drop by when I can, but please advise that until February 14th my activity will slow to very near a grinding halt.

Carry on, good fellows, it's been a pleasure so far, and I look forward to when I can resume full activity again

- Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

My thoughts on the inscription:

Across an endless ocean

Beyond where minds can see

My key likes in the open

Where you will never be

Beneath the brightest thunder

Stand towers of the day

The light may break asunder

If night skies choose obey

The red sign on black eyes

Will lead you to your prize

"Endless ocean" the same phrase used by ancient Dasaka philosophers when theorizing that there must be somewhere else (mata Nui)

"Beyond where minds can see" minds. An intentional word. "Eyes" would make more sense and has the same syllabic meter. Minds MUST be deliberate. Minds see... The dasaka are the only beings we know of that see with their minds, not just their eyes.

Brightest thunder... A visual adjective to an audio noun. Intriguing. It could refer to the cast system or the powerful leaders of the dasaka world. I'm not sure.

It should also be noted that the door's "surface peppered with the sparkling faces of geodes" geodes. Crystals. What place do we know of that is founded upon the manipulation and adornment of crystals?

What does stand out to me is the language all appeals to psionic unity. Could it be that the dasaka's psionic power is the key?

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

It should also be noted that the door's "surface peppered with the sparkling faces of geodes" geodes. Crystals. What place do we know of that is founded upon the manipulation and adornment of crystals?

Small correction: the actual door of the Vault is a stony slab, blank aside from the inscription; it's the Abettor's tunnel above the main door that has geodes inside.

test2.png

Don't make so much noise guys, his wife might hear it and stop him again. :P

I have a question: I know that Matoran-Toa transformation in-game is a big no-no(unless staff permission), but in-between arcs? Like, a Matoran from the last arc in 2012, the in the new arc, he becomes a Toa? But the transformation was in the three month timeskip?(And I don't mean the data loss, I mean the end of the Makuta Saga.)

Wait, Veneras.

Didn't you disappear off to who-knows-where at the urging of your wife?

When did you come back?

Anyway, it's good to have you back after your brief hiatus. I enjoyed your interpretation of the wall.

Hey, Veneras is back! And is a Philosophy Major, apparently. Whose interpretation of our riddle makes every kind of sense!

Yes, I am back. On a more moderate basis. Most days I'll just be on once a day.

I'm super happy to be back with all of you fine ladies and gentlemen. I know I was only absent a short while, but you all are splendid company!

Also yes, I am a philosophy major. Hopefully someday I'll get my Ph. D and become a professor, and maybe a philosopher myself.

I hope my interpretation wasn't too obvious. It's just what screamed out at me at a glance.

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

Doubtful.

Toa Stone, maybe. But an Essence Stone? Those are heavy duty. Incredibly hard to make, and introduced in the last plot arc as a mysterious method of imparting all of the Mata's power into the Maru. Additionally, we don't know how they're made, so even if it would be allowed! we wouldn't have any way of knowing how to make one.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

It's probably possible, but I didn't see why you'd want to. You wouldn't get to use the stone as you wished, so you might as well kill a character by having them slip in the bath rather than overpower a Toa Stone.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Is it possible to invest all of your energy into a toa stone, so much that it would kill a character?

Giving up all your Toa Energy would turn you into a Turaga. Afaik, Toa Energy is separate from a being's life force, and I don't think life force can be put into a Toa Stone.

Imo, the answer's no.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Alright folks i would like to introduce a new clan to you.

• Clan Vadiru: A rather secretive clan that serves as Clan Fursic's guardians and workers. Most of the empire thinks of the Vadiru as a custodial clan, tasked of ancient tradition with maintaining and guarding Fursic lands; however, the duties of the Vadiru extend beyond such menial tasks as these. Only a few are aware that the depth of their service to the Fursics extends to dirtier work as well, or that Vadiru agents are honor-bound to die before they betray this secret; it is fully understood within the clan that if you fail, or betray the clan, you can expect a swift - but dishonorable - death anyway. The Vadiru are a composite clan, made up of skilled individuals who may or may not fully agree with the Umbraline dynasty. In recent times, their Toroshu has taken a more direct place in politics, speaking in favor of the Fursics in debates. The clan's base of operations is located in the very side of the Kozu's token mountain. Clan Leader

Now this is your chance if you ever wanted to be a supporter of the fursics without being a fursic yet wished to be a part of a clan. Will have my first post as Toroshu Celis up in the next day or two. Hope you all like it and have fun being a part of it some day.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• Clan Vadiru: A rather secretive clan that serves as Clan Fursic's guardians and workers. Most of the empire thinks of the Vadiru as a custodial clan, tasked of ancient tradition with maintaining and guarding Fursic lands; however, the duties of the Vadiru extend beyond such menial tasks as these. Only a few are aware that the depth of their service to the Fursics extends to dirtier work as well, or that Vadiru agents are honor-bound to die before they betray this secret; it is fully understood within the clan that if you fail, or betray the clan, you can expect a swift - but dishonorable - death anyway. The Vadiru are a composite clan, made up of skilled individuals who may or may not fully agree with the Umbraline dynasty. In recent times, their Toroshu has taken a more direct place in politics, speaking in favor of the Fursics in debates. The clan's base of operations is located in the very side of the Kozu's token mountain. Clan Leader

Now this is your chance if you ever wanted to be a supporter of the fursics without being a fursic yet wished to be a part of a clan. Will have my first post as Toroshu Celis up in the next day or two. Hope you all like it and have fun being a part of it some day.

Congratulations Vox! Finally, the Fursic have allies. I look forward to seeing your clan in action. I have taken the liberty of starting a wiki page for it. Please edit it accordingly.

Edited by Observedhalo

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Congratulations Vox! Finally, the Fursic have allies. I look forward to seeing your clan in action. I have taken the liberty of starting a wiki page for it. Please edit it accordingly.

Lol thanks. Felt it was about time some clan allied themselves with the fursics... Funny thing is Clan Vadiru is essentially the opposite of Clan Hogo in a way.

Was planning on creating one soon but thank you. Will work on editing it that wiki page.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.