BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I think I'm going to finally join the BZPRPG so I can take part in this Holy Order thing. Sounds really interesting.

I remember you. Let's interact sometime.

*Whistles* Wow. I had almost forgotten about that. I wasn't even sure anyone else was still around from that thing. But yeah, it'd be fun to interact in-game.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Hello, I just joined BZRPG, and it's my first time playing a text-based computer RPG. So exited!!!! Can I decide which Wahi to start in?

Yes.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Quick question.

Is the Kentoku "Vault" open for players to stumble upon and read the poem without getting instantly annihilated?

Yeah, it's possible. While Mangaia is dangerous (Rahkshi are only one known threat, and they're a serious one), and you're encouraged to play it as such if/when your character goes down there, the Vault and the Abettor are accessible to whomever would like to see them.

test2.png

Quick question.

Is the Kentoku "Vault" open for players to stumble upon and read the poem without getting instantly annihilated?

I don't think there's any specific rule, whether unofficial or otherwise, that would prevent you from pondering the riddle on-site.

'Instantly annihilated', however, is a different matter entirely. Remember that the Vault is located deep underground in the very heart of the black Mangaia itself, an abyssal, cursed maze of evil which hosts countless terrifying dangers, including (but not limited to): the chaotic evil Chaotic Six; a certain infamous and lethal necromancer and his equally infamous and lethal cronies; and hordes of bloodthirsty feral Rahkshi, otherwise known as the 'Sons of Makuta', just waiting to eviscerate people just like you.

Just sayin'. :P

E: Ninja'd by staff. My opinion, however, remains unchanged.

Edited by Shadowhawk

Guys? There are already paladins.

I was aware of their existence, but I didn't think they'd got very far. Are they actually still around?

Judging by the description on that page, they weren't nearly as connected to religion as what's being discussed here. Although if people want to use a different name, to differentiate them from the previous group, these new characters could be 'Templars'?

Yeah ok I've been playing Assassin's Creed

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Hello, I just joined BZRPG, and it's my first time playing a text-based computer RPG. So exited!!!! Can I decide which Wahi to start in?

Hi and welcome to the BZPRPG! Please remember to read the Rules & Index first, before reading the first few posts of this message topic to get a feel for the setting. If you have any questions, you can ask them here. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

As for your second question, yes, any of your characters can start in any of the Wahis.

Guys? There are already paladins.

I was aware of their existence, but I didn't think they'd got very far. Are they actually still around?

Judging by the description on that page, they weren't nearly as connected to religion as what's being discussed here. Although if people want to use a different name, to differentiate them from the previous group, these new characters could be 'Templars'?

Yeah ok I've been playing Assassin's Creed

Templars sound good, and it certainly brings about a stronger connection to religion than Paladins.

Edited by Just Norik

Quick question.

Yeah, it's possible. While Mangaia is dangerous (Rahkshi are only one known threat, and they're a serious one), and you're encouraged to play it as such if/when your character goes down there, the Vault and the Abettor are accessible to whomever would like to see them.

Um... I meant the stone on Mount Koshiki. Wasn't sure what to call it. Sorry.

Quick question.

Um... I meant the stone on Mount Koshiki. Wasn't sure what to call it. Sorry.

The same thing applies - if you're not afraid of dragons, toxic fumes, and a tetchy Abettor, then it's wide open for you. The difference with the Kentoku riddle's site is that there's little to no precedent to journey to it; while on Mata Nui, everyone knows about the Vault and can guess its significance, on Kentoku the site is obscure and confusing without a guarantee of importance.

test2.png

The leader of this paladin group's profile is up, anyone interested can look at his biography for a broad look at the group's beliefs and goals, though obviously other members of the group can hold different opinions or preferred means of action. :)

Now to get some sleep.

So...when does this start? Today?

I just feel the need to point out that Ta-koro is not the mess of rubble a few people seem to be seeing it as.

• Upvote 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Er, I stayed up all night, so I won't be posting today. Sorry.  lD I'm not used to such active roleplays, so it might be a while before I get the hang of it entirely XD

Also, got other commitments.

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

He slept through the battle.

-Tyler

To elaborate; The battle started in the afternoon of my timezone. Hubert was sleeping. That battle was the one and only time that I literally could not leave my computer without problems, as there were five posts every minute (Only a slight hyperbole, if at all), and you were ninja'd every time you tried to post. It was over in roughly three hours, and several hundred posts. 

Hubert slept through all of it.

• Upvote 4

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I've posted in Ta-Wahi, to give a general idea of what's going on with the Guard at the moment. If you have any questions on it, feel free to ask me (PM or Skype; I know many of you already talk to me on the latter, and I'll make sure my inbox is open for the former), and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

But more importantly, Jaller's walking the streets. You are free, and in fact encouraged, to interact with him if you so wish. 

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

[FL hat on]

You might notice that the BRPG rules topic has been slightly updated with the following:

Update 7/10/2014: Though we are generally more lenient in the BZPRPG when it comes to PG-13 rated content than BZPower at large, please use common sense and remember that many of BZPower's visitors and members are minors. If your post contains inappropriate content or circumvents the word filter, we will ask you to edit the offending section out, or do it ourselves. If you are concerned that your post may be inappropriate, feel free to run it by a BZPRPG staffer before you publish it.

This won't effect 99% of posts, but especially with an uptick in new members, it seems like a necessary reminder. 

(Also, getting filtered doesn't count as circumventing the filter.  That's... just running headfirst into it.  That's the filter doing its job.)

[FL hat off]

Edited by GSR
  • Upvote 3

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

The rule amendment GSR just posted is only one of the several improvements my staff and I are undertaking on the forum right now. Others (some already done, some being worked on) include:

• Edits to the DMRP, including an expanded "Kentoku Society & History" section
  • A BZPRPG Starter Topic, for new members, with all the resources they'll need to get started in the RPG
  • A general Staff Plot overview outline, stretching back to the start of the first arc, to be regularly updated with new events (probably to be found in the Starter Topic)
  • Clarifications about our relationship with the BIONICLE canon, which will be found in the aforementioned Starter Topic as well as in the rules
  • A new character recruitment contest, to be hosted by Tyler/Plank, for the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the progression of the arc; details forthcoming

This is the Feedback Topic at work. Please keep giving us ideas there, we love to hear from you guys!

Edited by Nuju Metru
  • Upvote 2

test2.png