BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

actually I don't think that the power is design to create a updraft, just to slow a fall or stop in air. You don't need as much air pressure to slow down as you do to create a force powerful enough to lift you. Hot air rises, so if you get enough hot air, it will create a air current and maybe enough pressure to levitate (if your that good at using your elemental powers) 

Edited by Toa Of Anarchy
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

That's because it's a melted solid; rock has a higher boiling point than -let's say- nitrogen. Fire types can survive the superheated air surrounding lava. When devoting their energies to superheat air specifically it would not need to reach a temperature nearly as hot as lava's liquid point. 

Two different elelments will require different temperatures to transition from one stage to another. 

Edited by Veneras

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

You kind of need the updraft to slow the fall, otherwise you have nothing pushing up against you as you fall to a painful death.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Because this is not canon and most PCs are not as good as Tahu was.

Edit: I'm preeeety darn sure it has been said that we are running on as much real world physics as possible here.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Time for me to step in, I think.

Just because there is a precedent for something in canon does not necessarily mean it holds true in the BZPRPG. The BZPRPG universe's physics operate much more closely to our own than Bionicle canon's ever did. There's a lot of situations where we do bend (and indeed break) what is scientifically possible, but generally speaking, real-world physics sets a good benchmark.

Also, the Toa teams of canon (particularly the Mata/Nuva) were significantly more powerful than this game's PC Toa. Their energy reserves and elemental aptitude were superior even to the Toa Maru of the BZPRPG, so they could do a lot of things that our ordinary Toa can't.

That said, using Fire to create thermal updrafts to slow a fall is permissible. I'm not going to do the calculations, but I think you could just about turn a leg-breaking fall into a merely knee-jarring one. However, as Silvan has rightly pointed out, using said updrafts to levitate or fly (without using some kind of parachute or balloon) is too much. I doubt even Oreius could manage it.

As for whether you can build hot air balloons, I'm going to defer judgement on that one. I seem to remember one being used in the defence of Ta-Koro from the Rahkshi horde, but given that it's very much Native Tech I think Nuju will want to have the last word on it.

• Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Unrelated question time, my apologies.

What are the parameters for acceptable usage of the Akaku (x-ray vision) and Pehkui? (diminishment)

I have never seen them used in the BZPRPG, so I was curious. Could the Akaku see through people's bodies, armor, packs and what not? Revealing concealed weapons or equipment, maybe locating weak points in armor or something. How about walls and buildings?

As for the Pehkui, in canon it says you retain full strength/durability while mini, does this apply in our canon?

...but close to it

Speaking of that, is the Gukko Force doing anything? I've been thinking about making a Kewa pilot for a while now. I wouldn't want to bother if there's nothing doing. 

Yes, they're currently dealing with the threat of a swarm of tree-eating bugs. I recommend you talk with Palm if you want to join the Force; he plays as Akiri Kongu, and thus runs Le-Koro and the Gukko Force.

So the akaku is less of actual X-Ray imagery and more of peel-back layers?

Yes.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Time for me to step in, I think.

Just because there is a precedent for something in canon does not necessarily mean it holds true in the BZPRPG. The BZPRPG universe's physics operate much more closely to our own than Bionicle canon's ever did. There's a lot of situations where we do bend (and indeed break) what is scientifically possible, but generally speaking, real-world physics sets a good benchmark.

Also, the Toa teams of canon (particularly the Mata/Nuva) were significantly more powerful than this game's PC Toa. Their energy reserves and elemental aptitude were superior even to the Toa Maru of the BZPRPG, so they could do a lot of things that our ordinary Toa can't.

That said, using Fire to create thermal updrafts to slow a fall is permissible. I'm not going to do the calculations, but I think you could just about turn a leg-breaking fall into a merely knee-jarring one. However, as Silvan has rightly pointed out, using said updrafts to levitate or fly (without using some kind of parachute or balloon) is too much. I doubt even Oreius could manage it.

As for whether you can build hot air balloons, I'm going to defer judgement on that one. I seem to remember one being used in the defence of Ta-Koro from the Rahkshi horde, but given that it's very much Native Tech I think Nuju will want to have the last word on it.

No need to get snide. I'm well aware of the Toa Mata's elemental superiority. 

if you look at my argument

Well, if they understand that hot air rises upwards, then maybe someone can invent it. Although Onu-Koroans, who are most likely to know how temperature affects air because they are more advanced than other Koros, have no need for air balloons. But I don't know, if the staff allows it then they might be invented by accident or something.

Actually way back in 2001 Tahu uses hot hair to slow his fall when dropped by a Nui Rama. It's safe to assume the laws of thermodynamics are understood in the Matoran univers at least by Ta Koronans; though I would argue Le Koronans would also be aware of these physics as they pertain to air. 

My only point is to say that it would be within Ta Koronan knowledge to know that heat can be used to lift.

the argument was never whether or not I have a toa powerful enough to do this based purely on elemental energy.

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

I used this trick recently to turn a what would have been a fatal fall for one of my characters into just an arm-breaking one. I also recall Vakama using heat to cushion a fall in one of the books once, so I think that proves that one doesn't need to be at Toa Mata/Nuva level to pull it off. But I agree that realistically, none of our characters are powerful enough to be able to use heated air for levitation purposes. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yo, Veneras, pretty sure you weren't the only person involved in the discussion, so maybe don't take Ghost's post on the issue as a personal attack.

You are right; how crass of me. 

I apologize for my emotional outburst earlier. 

--Character Profiles--

Yeah, that post was directed at everybody involved in the discussion as a general ruling. Thanks, Eyru, and thanks for taking it on the chin, Veneras :)

So, Akaku seeing through walls, armour, containers and flesh (not all at once though) ; correct or incorrect?

Correct. Could you clarify what you mean by 'not all at once'?

Pehkui shrunken mode = full strength (not accounting for changed leverages) and durability; correct or incorrect?

Correct. It greatly increases edibility, though.

True story.

• Upvote 1

I mean, if someone is inside a building, with armor and a backpack on, I assume I couldn't see their insides from outside the building and behind them.

Unless another staff member wants to overrule me, yes, you could still see their insides. You'd just have to 'peel back the layers', first the building, then the backpack, then the armour. You can only 'peel' one 'layer' at a time, but you can certainly have multiple 'layers peeled'.

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

Pehkui shrunken mode = full strength (not accounting for changed leverages) and durability; correct or incorrect?

True story.

Edibility?

Even if someone ate you, couldn't you just return to full size and make them explode, or pull an Alien and blow a hole through their chest?

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I mean, if someone is inside a building, with armor and a backpack on, I assume I couldn't see their insides from outside the building and behind them.

Unless another staff member wants to overrule me, yes, you could still see their insides. You'd just have to 'peel back the layers', first the building, then the backpack, then the armour. You can only 'peel' one 'layer' at a time, but you can certainly have multiple 'layers peeled'.

I like to think of it like when performing an autopsy.  You start on the external layer of the skin and then get deeper with each sequential later cut through with a scalpel.  Of course, in an autopsy you can't just back out...

True story.

Edibility?

Even if someone ate you, couldn't you just return to full size and make them explode, or pull an Alien and blow a hole through their chest?

Unless said person bit you in half or your player wanted you dead, sure.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

YES! Its chestburster time... 

• Upvote 1

I don't think someone would be dumb enough to let themselves end up in someone's stomach before going big again.

If it was me, I'd change back when I was halfway down their throat. That way, I get to blow their head off.

So... everything's pretty much gone to karz in the Ko-Wahi topic... fun times...

• Upvote 1

No giant zeppelin bombers, I would imagine.