BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

So does that mean if we had been in discussion with Hakann prior regarding vault loot, any continuation should just be sent to you Nuju? Or would it be best to just try our luck at another of the piraka?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Kentoku being Voya Nui? What...?

I'm surprised if no one else sees the obvious inspiration of the archipelago by the three-finger island concept.

There's also the part where the gsr doesn't exist.

It could be that Kentoku is an original location. Have you actually considered that?

I didn't mean Kentoku being the same concept, but the idea was obviously derived from that. There may not be a GSR and Kentoku may not be giant robot fingers, but the idea reflects the three-finger islands.

On a slightly different topic; with Darkon gone, who is RPing Hakann now?

I didn't really get an answer for this. 

It's been handled. Cutie patootie up there's got it allllll figured out.

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Kentoku being Voya Nui? What...?

I'm surprised if no one else sees the obvious inspiration of the archipelago by the three-finger island concept.

There's also the part where the gsr doesn't exist.

It could be that Kentoku is an original location. Have you actually considered that?

I didn't mean Kentoku being the same concept, but the idea was obviously derived from that. There may not be a GSR and Kentoku may not be giant robot fingers, but the idea reflects the three-finger islands.
Okay I'll be honest I totally am expecting a giant Nate now and this should be a thing Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Upvote 9

helo frens

I had a theory a while back that the GSR did exist; it involved the five major islands of the Archipelago being five fingers on a hand. It was immediately shot down.

Ah, good times.

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

A LITTLE WIKI ANNOUNCEMENT

1.) Staff approved Maps are on the way.  Please PM any custom locations to moi and I'll pass them along to Ghosty for the big map after getting them on the wiki.

2.) Ghosthands and I had a conversation about the current status of the BZPRPG wiki site, putting our heads together in an attempt to make things easier not only for readers but the fantastic players who contribute content.  One of the major issues we've seen the past, and are still experiencing, is a fantastic initial start for a character page without any follow-through to the biography section as time goes on.  Taking a quick look through a few random characters I rarely find one who has a biography up to their current actions in-game.  And rightly so: players are putting effort into the game, not the archivist mole's playground of the wiki.  Unfortunately, this creates a self-fulfilling prophecy because none of the information is ever current and useful.  As such, we've hit upon a nifty solution: replace biographies with event timelines.  

All character biographies are going to be scrapped and instead replaced with a concise bullet list of game events the PC participated in.  Having deep-linked every single post influencing Ishi Polzin for the entirety of this arc (I'm not joking, they're all listed in chapters in my wiki blog -- go have a read it you want), I'm having some desk-to-face moments right now, but my commitment to this idea is because of one reason: it's flipping worth it.  Players who need a quick overview of a character's in-game activities will be able to jump to the relevant events, see the long-term consequences of a players actions, without having to read tons of individual character biographies.  Any extra information or details can be learned by contacting the player of the character directly.  This encourages more PM OOC interaction, something I believe really helps the flow of gameplay.  You also don't have to read the irrelevant details, like Nichou and Ishi getting a Papa Podu's Pizza delivered via kakama-runner.

For those who contribute to the wiki we ask that you please shift yourcharacter profiles to reflect this change ASAP.  In a week or two I plan to go around and do some spring cleaning, a celebration of the Chapter 3 title: the game is afoot.  Let's build a wiki that actually supports the game!

• Upvote 1

You know Kughii, I'm not quite following. Perhaps you can link to a profile that uses the mumbo-jumbo method that you speak of, because as it is right now I'm lost as to what it is I need to do.

However from what I do understand, it seems like your generally trying to get people to rely on the wiki instead of the player profile topic in regards to character information? Am I somewhere along the right path?

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well, I guess I have to go change all of my character biographies... Ya know, the ones I actually put effort into maintaining and keeping up to date... :)

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You know Kughii, I'm not quite following. Perhaps you can link to a profile that uses the mumbo-jumbo method that you speak of, because as it is right now I'm lost as to what it is I need to do.

However from what I do understand, it seems like your generally trying to get people to rely on the wiki instead of the player profile topic in regards to character information? Am I somewhere along the right path?

First point: yes of course.  HERE for reference.  Second Point: no.

First off, curse you, Kughii :P ; I've just finished two pages in the old format. :(

Secondly, are we allowed to make Valkyr characters in the current arc? http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/Valkyr

Hey, don't worry.  I feel the same pain, but it's for the best.  As for Valkyr, talk to Tyler... I'm figuring he'd know the best given he's fought one, and EW seems to be absent at this time.

Edited by Kughii

Secondly, are we allowed to make Valkyr characters in the current arc? http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/Valkyr

Valkyr? Wow, haven't heard that name in a long time. When EW was still around, you'd make a profile and send it to him and ask if you could make one. Since he's not around as much, I'd take Kughii's advice and ask Tyler (since he's fought one) or Nuju (since he's the bossman).

As for my chars on the wiki, I only have two of them- Aurax and another character who I've stopped playing. I'll probably go around and update them as much as possible soon.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

uhhhh okay but what's the point of streamlining character event timelines if people want to include more in-depth biographies and traits sections? why force everyone into a singular format?

like, this arc more than any other arc i've been hearing complaints - and i've had a few myself - about the single post we get in the profiles topic being too small to handle the code of all the different characters we want. so we're already streamlining our actual character profiles and including wiki links so we can go as in depth as we want but we can still fit all our characters into one spot. now the people who just started pursuing that course of action have to streamline their wiki pages, too?

i give that move an L+

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt
  • Upvote 6

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Tyler makes a very compelling argument. I've put a lot of effort into the maintainance of my wiki pages, and now we're basically being told not to bother? To condense all of our hard working and creativity into a string of dull dot points?

Yeah... I think not.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You know, I was trying to find the proper words for my issue with this forced proposal, but Tyler worded it perfectly. 

Also this does nothing to solve the issue of people not keeping their biographies/backgrounds up-to-date for even if they do change to your proposed method, what's the likely hood of them keeping that up to date? And how does adding the name of an event give a player searching for your character's history any detail, besides the fact your character was somehow involved?

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

A LITTLE WIKI ANNOUNCEMENT

1.) Staff approved Maps are on the way.  Please PM any custom locations to moi and I'll pass them along to Ghosty for the big map after getting them on the wiki.

2.) Ghosthands and I had a conversation about the current status of the BZPRPG wiki site, putting our heads together in an attempt to make things easier not only for readers but the fantastic players who contribute content.  One of the major issues we've seen the past, and are still experiencing, is a fantastic initial start for a character page without any follow-through to the biography section as time goes on.  Taking a quick look through a few random characters I rarely find one who has a biography up to their current actions in-game.  And rightly so: players are putting effort into the game, not the archivist mole's playground of the wiki.  Unfortunately, this creates a self-fulfilling prophecy because none of the information is ever current and useful.  As such, we've hit upon a nifty solution: replace biographies with event timelines.  

All character biographies are going to be scrapped and instead replaced with a concise bullet list of game events the PC participated in.  Having deep-linked every single post influencing Ishi Polzin for the entirety of this arc (I'm not joking, they're all listed in chapters in my wiki blog -- go have a read it you want), I'm having some desk-to-face moments right now, but my commitment to this idea is because of one reason: it's flipping worth it.  Players who need a quick overview of a character's in-game activities will be able to jump to the relevant events, see the long-term consequences of a players actions, without having to read tons of individual character biographies.  Any extra information or details can be learned by contacting the player of the character directly.  This encourages more PM OOC interaction, something I believe really helps the flow of gameplay.  You also don't have to read the irrelevant details, like Nichou and Ishi getting a Papa Podu's Pizza delivered via kakama-runner.

For those who contribute to the wiki we ask that you please shift yourcharacter profiles to reflect this change ASAP.  In a week or two I plan to go around and do some spring cleaning, a celebration of the Chapter 3 title: the game is afoot.  Let's build a wiki that actually supports the game!

This is a great idea, and just to be kind, I'm gonna link Ishi's page so people see how Kughs did this. Yay unity of format!

EDIT: Wow ninja'd on the link.

Also, I'm probably going to employ a biography and also bullet points. So people can "navigate" my character's story.

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

i can tell you right now that if you have more than eight or nine characters that you want to go really in depth with, the profile post won't allow it. i've tried it. krayz has tried it. god knows brockway and vorex have tried it. 

if you like having anything more than the cursory details a la hub then you have no choice but to turn to the wiki. we should be allowed the same creative freedoms with our characters pages there - as long as it's actually relevant to the game - without having to worry about our pages looking like anyone else's. unity of format only goes so far when you're limited yet again on how you want to pitch information relevant to your characters

and really, what does it matter? we don't even have a page for either of the twins, or for desdemona. the piraka each have one-line wiki pages. is asking people to renovate their own hard work really that much more important than actually writing out what we know about the plot and plot centric characters???

p bogus tbh

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt
  • Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Proposal:

What if we did both? Keep our detailed biographies, but have a subsection for streamlined bulletpoint events?

That way we have our in-depth character bios, but also a nice easy way for others to access our ongoings.

Edited by Veneras
  • Upvote 3

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

Proposal:

What if we did both? Keep our detailed biographies, but have a subsection for streamlined bulletpoint events?

That way we have our in-depth character bios, but also a nice easy way for others to access our ongoings.

^This. So much this. If people don't want to read a wall of text that isn't updated, then we can have the timeline of events first and then put the biography second.

I asked a similar question concerning the old races here about a month ago, Miras, and the general consensus was "no."

I believe there was also a KFC joke concerning the Valkyr involved somewhere in that conversation.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

One sentence Piraka pages... *shudders*. That's kind of the reason I put so much effort into updating my pages, because I didn't want to end up with something like that.

The way I figure it, I think we should be allowed to put as much (or as little) effort into our wiki pages as we see fit. If people really want to learn about the characters, then they'll read it.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to be insulting to anyone or their ideas, but I was of the understanding that this was a community wiki, so I think decisions like this need to be run through the community BEFORE they're made.

• Upvote 3

First off, curse you, Kughii :P ; I've just finished two pages in the old format. :(

you'd have to ask franco/mangai/bro who plays sulov b/c lol that dude changes his name too much.

rene gave him control of the valkyr this arc.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to be insulting to anyone or their ideas, but I was of the understanding that this was a community wiki, so I think decisions like this need to be run through the community BEFORE they're made.

This is a good point, since from what was stated it was only Kughii and Ghosthands who discussed and made the decision that would affect a large majority of the Bzprpg community.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

On Valkyr, here's the specific quote:

Notice: as some of you may know, time constraints have recently begun to negatively impact EmperorWhenua's overall activity. Therefore, he has vested management of the Valkyr race in me. PM me if you want to create a Valkyr and we'll see what can happen on that front. I reiterate the adage that one does not simply "create a Valkyr"--given the power and unique status inherent in the species, it's advisable for all those wishing to produce one to be meritorious.

So you'd have to ask Mangz and see what he says. Makes me feel like digging up that old Valkyr profile I had sent to EW and never got a response to it and seeing what I could do with it... Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal