BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yeah... I'm not sure if using metallic mech suits to take on the city controlled by the most powerful Fa-Toa in living memory is the best idea. Even if they aren't entirely metal, Echelon's dark magnetism could still work on them. 

Kind of defeating your own statement there. The main reason you would not use the mechs is because Echelon can use magnetism on them. Since he can use said magnetism on everything, there is not much point to avoiding the use of said mechs.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

At best they are probably going to be for Guard use only. So if you have Matoran in a Guard and he gets really lucky...

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I may have a slight weakness for mechs.

Are there people who don't?

Giant robots man

You can punch people with them. Better than BATTLE CRAAAAAAAAAABS.

though BATTLE CRAAAAAAAAAAAABS are still cool.

I now have an idea for my next character, but I must figure out who to contact in order to have a Matoran pre-enrolled in the Ussalry, if only for convenience sake.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Magnetism and iron would probably be really good against the suits, but canonically those toa are minorities. Realistically, in regular Bionicle canon they can rip any being apart if they don't follow the toa code. If there is a big battle, some one should fire the general if they are letting the toa of magnetism and iron on the other side use their powers that wildly. They need to be kept too off balanced and focused on their own fights to be able to easily target the exo suits. Besides, almost any toa can make short work of anything. A toa of fire who knows how to work their stuff could probably incinerate/melt a suit easily.

The suits would still be effective in my eyes. Matoran who can't normally fight would be able to assist toa in battle and help take down enemies much faster. In a world filled with powered beings, I doubt they'll be the bulk of the fighting force or be standing at the front line.

Edited by Banana Gunz

The suits would still be effective in my eyes. Matoran who can't normally fight would be able to assist toa in battle and help take down enemies much faster. In a world filled with powered beings, I doubt they'll be the bulk of the fighting force or be standing at the front line.

Ah... what? Matoran who can't normally fight being given mech suits and magically expected to know how to use them? They'd have no combat experience: it would be an absolute slaughter.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ah... what? Matoran who can't normally fight being given mech suits and magically expected to know how to use them? They'd have no combat experience: it would be an absolute slaughter.

I mean they would need to be trained and be able to pilot these suits, but even if a matoran can fight a toa is still far more powerful and could easily take them down with their powers. These suits make them stronger and pack a far larger punch. Of course they would need to know how to use them, but it would be far less of a slaughter if they were just running into battle bare.

"toa could easily take them down with their powers"

you haven't seen tarnok yet have you

protip: if your matoran isn't dumb they've got a great chance

The smaller the target, the harder they are to hit after all.

Or something like that.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Something we often forget is that while Toa and other powered beings make up a great sum of forces, you can't forget that these Matoran have lived on an island full of dangers and daily threats that they've had to adapt to survive. Matoran are some of the toughest people here, and most of them were around before the Toa showed up.

Matoran are some of the toughest and most resilient beings on Mata-Nui.

As for learning how to use a mech, it'd be just like learning how to use any new piece of equipment.

The point is that a Matoran in an exo-suit is leagues above other Matoran who aren't, because now they have MUCH greater armor, and very powerful strength, not to mention the ability to use built-in weapons other than melee weapons.

Edited by Palm
  • Upvote 5

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

But wouldn't the mech suit make them slower and more vulnerable as well? Bigger target = easier to hit. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well geez, I dunno about y'all but it seems to me like being vulnerable to magnetism/iron powers is a weakness shared by just about everyone in a game full of naturally armored biomechanical beings.

If you're wondering why Toa of iron and magnetism aren't physical gods, it's because tearing someone apart metal limb by metal limb is really really against the rules. That'll probably carry over into mechs, or they will be hilariously ineffective.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

If they start getting mass-produced, how long do you think it's going to take for Echelon and co. to start stealing and reverse engineering them, before building more of their own? Before we know it, we're going to have full-scale mech warfare all across the island. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Two words: elemental nullifiers.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. When did Onu-koro get those?

Also I'm surprised nobody else noticed this.

• Upvote 1

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Are you complaining?

Not really.

But if everyone starts getting mech suits, then it detracts from what make the Matoran a challenging species to play in the first place. 

THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED

Okay, now that we're past all the obligatory anime references, I'm...

Oh who am I kidding. I don't care about anything anymore.

(It's all grey)

(#apathy)

Okay, seriously, the mech suits sound interesting. I'm reserving judgment on them until they see first blood; you never know how much they're capable of until you take them for a "test drive".

Well geez, I dunno about y'all but it seems to me like being vulnerable to magnetism/iron powers is a weakness shared by just about everyone in a game full of naturally armored biomechanical beings.

If you're wondering why Toa of iron and magnetism aren't physical gods, it's because tearing someone apart metal limb by metal limb is really really against the rules. That'll probably carry over into mechs, or they will be hilariously ineffective.

DINGDINGDING

People are forgetting equipment rules. Also known as the reasons why Fe-Toa and Toa of Magnetism can't just wreck everyone's gear except under certain circumstances. Some discussion will need to be had, of course, over how these will be covered but rest assured they will be. 

Fe-Toa and Toa of Magnetism aren't gonna be insta-kills.  ;)

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Fe-Toa and Toa of Magnetism aren't gonna be insta-kills.   ;) 

True, but I don't think that will stop Echelon's magical staff autohitting powers... 

the beautiful thing about N&D is that i can miss twenty pages but really i'm not missing anything at all

good morning stooges

-Tyler

Hello. ^^

(And agreed.)

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I find it intriguing that the RPG Planning Topic is currently having a similar discussion to your idea, Keeper. 

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Fe-Toa and Toa of Magnetism aren't gonna be insta-kills.   ;)

True, but I don't think that will stop Echelon's magical staff autohitting powers... 

That's true. 

Buuuuuuuut you're all also forgetting that Ech's as powerful as it gets, but he also isn't all-powerful. Caught off guard, for example by an artillery-grade Patero shot from across the block, or overwhelmed by sheer numbers and he's going to have problems.

Echelon isn't unstoppable. He's just really powerful.

And backed up by a team of powerful people that cover his weaknesses.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Ah, the smell of Nato arguing incessantly in the morning. 

*Checks time: 11:54am*  . It is still morning. 

But I happen to like debates. Keeps my mind active. And, while I acknowledge that Echelon is not all powerful, the aforementioned army of Legacy, as well as Nightfall, make it very difficult for anyone to get near him. I don't think a handful of Matoran in exo-suits can pull it off. 

As a new player, I here about dudes like Echelon and wonder why everyone says they're so beastly, so I'll just take the common word for it.

Is he like the biggest threat right now or like the main villain? He's a servant of Makuta so is his quest to bring him back after he got put into legend?

Two words: elemental nullifiers.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. When did Onu-koro get those?

Also I'm surprised nobody else noticed this.

Yes, I too am wondering this... since it seems like something WAY beyond the current island's capabilities, and like something that was added just for plot *Coughs* Like the piraka getting by the arbiter just because of antidermis *coughs*

You know, speaking of arbiters... how is the big guy doing? We haven't seen much of him in while, or his friend over on kentoku.

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

*Checks time: 11:54am*  ######. It is still morning. 

But I happen to like debates. Keeps my mind active. And, while I acknowledge that Echelon is not all powerful, the aforementioned army of Legacy, as well as Nightfall, make it very difficult for anyone to get near him. I don't think a handful of Matoran in exo-suits can pull it off. 

Whoever said it was going to be a handful of Matoran in suits who took him down? The Akiri was talking about a multi koro army and the exo-Matoran are supposed to enhance the combat abilities of said Matoran, not replace Toa.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1