BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Says the guy with 15 characters of their own on their profile post. Who is it that filled up their Profile post and still kept creating characters?

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I don't think with the data limit one can put 180 full profiles into a single post. Not with formatting and full data at least. I suppose listing minimal info and linking them to other locations where the full profile is located is possible.

Wow deja-vu. I think I remember a similar conversation some time back... lol.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Wow. I can't imagine having more than 5-10 characters, and some people have a hundred?

Hubert (currently wearing the moniker "Tyler St. Francis") has something near a hundred characters, but they're not all active. There are others who have dozens of characters, but again, their entire roster is rarely active. They will usually play only a few characters at once.

For example, I myself have twelve characters in my Profiles post, but only seven are currently active in the game. 

... Okay, I have an oddball question relating to Sado. Given that the city is somewhat advanced, would the city have an underground sewer system?

Purely for adventuring purposes, I suppose? :)

Quick question- Just what time of Day is it supposed to be in Ga-Wahi right now? I can't tell if it's mid-day or in the evening. I've been playing like it's evening because there's a group out for dinner, but I'm not sure.

Defy Expectations

We almost always leave it up to the discretion of the player; in a game as big and varied as this one, one specific time for each Wahi just doesn't make sense. The day/night cycle is what you make it for each IC.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Death is not a revolving door in this RPG. Once a character dies they stay dead.

Most of the time.

Ha.  Hahahaha.

Let's just be glad we have these rules now.

Yes.

I'm sure these aren't Absurdly Spacious Sewers that are appropriate for mad chases, right? =)

• Upvote 2

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Casanuva is waiting on a Soraph post. I presumed they were walking back to the Koro. If that rahkshi is still parked outside the gates, I would expect that to generate some questions.

Speaking of waiting on posts, Jalkron is waiting on a Fuyra post so he can follow them back up the tunnel

If that rahkshi is still parked outside the gates, I would expect that to generate some questions.

Oh, it is. Thanks for reminding me. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Is it just me, or does having a background for one's character seem, well, useless?

You created this background for your character, and decided that because of this certain background, this is the way your character will act. I feel that creating the character, and playing the character, first would do a more natural reversal: Because of your character's actions, what happened in his past that led to this? And you have a background that is more natural.

I do realize that there are writers here, beautiful ones too, that are burdened by such a thing, but I'm talking in general.

I understand how you feel - oftentimes I struggle to make the character's current state of being fully connect with the background given.

How I view it is, you give yourself a starting point with your character's backstory - the basis of your character as you initially envision them being, and, as you continue RP, you use the insight gained on how your character acts to refine and revise the finer components of that backstory a little bit in accordance to how your character has changed or how they're changing.

Of course, good writers often write arcs for their characters, intentional or not. Their backstory can't keep a character chained to one single idea forever. They're bound to change and evolve as time goes on.

• Upvote 5

Is it just me, or does having a background for one's character seem, well, useless?

You created this background for your character, and decided that because of this certain background, this is the way your character will act. I feel that creating the character, and playing the character, first would do a more natural reversal: Because of your character's actions, what happened in his past that led to this? And you have a background that is more natural.

I do realize that there are writers here, beautiful ones too, that are burdened by such a thing, but I'm talking in general.

Personally, I like to do this in my head.  I'll have character that I want to behave a certain way and then write a background that fits.  Of course, as the character encounters new situations they will be added to their backstory and effect their behavior.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

I may start not using a background in public, but keep one on file on my computer for each character, and just fill in a background according to what the character has gone through in the game. Might be best of the both worlds.

Having the background public gives me this peer pressure, that if I don't use the character according to their background, it will be, not called out, but..."frowned upon?" I can't find the words.

Yes.

I'm sure these aren't Absurdly Spacious Sewers that are appropriate for mad chases, right? =)

No, probably just barely large enough to carry your unconscious future son-in-law to safety, only to meet your archnemesis at the exit. It's certainly nothing worth extrapolating any more than needed.

In essence: Sewers fit for , not the of the earth.

Edited by EmperoressWhenua

Nobody will begrudge you for straying from back story. Characters have a habit of going in weird directions.

One moment Arkrak is a sculptor and amateur chemist, next he's a detective, then he gets a girlfriend who is basically a female version of his best friend, turns into an amateur cook, and now he's a tourist.

Not at all! I've never heard an instance where somebody was made to feel bad because they didn't stick to a background. Characters pasts are retconned often when the player decides to do so. It's honestly no problem. You won't be held to it.

Probably not here, at least. I've been around people that have done that.