BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yes to the evil, maybe to the good. Depends if he kills civilians.

If he goes charging into Ko-Koro, he will be killing civilians (albeit indirectly). As noted in the post KoK linked above, the Legacy is currently holding a number of civilians captive as hostages against the other five Koro. At the first sign of any outside attempt to attack or infiltrate Ko-Koro, they will be killed.

The good guys don't really feel like letting that happen, so you can expect them to want to stop you triggering it. :P

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I see.

Now, I am not intentionally seeking the deaths of the hostages. That was more of a joke. But this is what I have been waiting for, a grand quest of sorts, and I can put a character on both sides. So my questions are these:

Where's the counter-force (Mata Nui's Koro Liberation Front?)setting up and who do I contact to get in on that?

Who do I contact do join up with the villians of Ko-Koro? Mr. House, right?

Mr House left a while back, and the Island Liberation Front has been inactive for a while, as far as I know...

You don't have to join up at all, really. Just make a character who you think would be accepted there (a mercenary, Makuta-worshiper etc.) and either say they've lived there for a while (perhaps they were actually one of Ko-'s original inhabitants who survived) or RP them entering the city (they'll have to go through the guards first).

Kathok

For trying to help out set something up to free Ko-Koro, talk to any of the Akiri players or talk to their respective Akiri in-game.

For trying to join the villains in Ko-Koro...no, House isn't the guy to talk to. Talk to Ghosthands, considering he's the guy most in charge of that. =P

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Mr. House was actually the player behind The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an before he left, and their cultists were actually forced to vacate the village a while back when Echelon dissolved the Legacy's alliance with them. Ghosthands is the one you want to get in touch with regarding Ko-Koro.

Speaking of cultists, it appears that people with Brotherhood characters have sort of become a dying breed. The only active members that come to mind at the moment are Zenithex, currently out doing serial killer stuff, and Ira, who is on Maeloc's side of the Amulet Quest; everyone else seems to have severed their connections with the actual group itself. And now that Blackrock's destroyed, we've literally got no place to go and nobody to lead us, since Mr. House was in charge of pretty much everyone else.

Time to face facts, folks; the Brotherhood as we know it may be coming to an end. :P

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Mr. House was actually the player behind The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an before he left, and their cultists were actually forced to vacate the village a while back when Echelon dissolved the Legacy's alliance with them. Ghosthands is the one you want to get in touch with regarding Ko-Koro.

Speaking of cultists, it appears that people with Brotherhood characters have sort of become a dying breed. The only active members that come to mind at the moment are Zenithex, currently out doing serial killer stuff, and Ira, who is on Maeloc's side of the Amulet Quest; everyone else seems to have severed their connections with the actual group itself. And now that Blackrock's destroyed, we've literally got no place to go and nobody to lead us, since Mr. House was in charge of pretty much everyone else.

Time to face facts, folks; the Brotherhood as we know it may be coming to an end. :P

Yeah, Mr.House leaving was a rather big blow to the Brotherhood, since with him gone he was pretty much the only person ooc wise who knew all the ins and out of the B.O.A, including the precises details for making zombies... unless there is someone else who knows the specifics, that I'm not aware of.

*Ponders having Syvra hunt down the remaining members*

Also good to know Tyler the Piraka aren't at their shop, though on that topic is there a place in Ko-koro that could equate to the 'social gathering' location, since I can't imagine any of the taverns are functioning.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

When House left, he left the BoA to the staff... and the staff haven't gotten around to doing anything with them.

I don't think that's correct. The staff controlled the Brotherhood only to move them out of Ko-Koro; they don't actually have any characters in the organization, as far as I'm aware. The Brotherhood only lost its leader; the faction is still player-run.

For my characters, I ask the GMs take care of Larikon and the BoA, and kill him of with irony, if possible. The Taajars will go EmperorWhenua and the players who made it live. As for my other characters, anyone wishing may take them. Just please, don't kill them.

The times, they are a-changing...

I was wanting to have my one cultist kill Larikon for being bad for the BoA and take over...

So if people wanted I could always bring him back and have him do something.

It could prove interesting. You certainly have my vote.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Isn't Dan's character, Dahkapa, a Brotherhood member too?

He was, but after they were kicked out of Ko-Koro he immediately went to Ta-Koro to turn himself in and betray them.

Yeah, Mr.House leaving was a rather big blow to the Brotherhood, since with him gone he was pretty much the only person ooc wise who knew all the ins and out of the B.O.A, including the precises details for making zombies... unless there is someone else who knows the specifics, that I'm not aware of.

*Ponders having Syvra hunt down the remaining members*

Also good to know Tyler the Piraka aren't at their shop, though on that topic is there a place in Ko-koro that could equate to the 'social gathering' location, since I can't imagine any of the taverns are functioning.

He'd probably succeed, though he'd have to find them first.

that being said, it'd be pretty cool to see the brotherhood become a ragtag band of travelling cultists fighting to survive without their leader

just sayin'

-Void

I'd be open to that as long as Zenithex still gets to murder people and his particular brand of crazy remains undiscovered.

When House left, he left the BoA to the staff... and the staff haven't gotten around to doing anything with them.

I don't think that's correct. The staff controlled the Brotherhood only to move them out of Ko-Koro; they don't actually have any characters in the organization, as far as I'm aware. The Brotherhood only lost its leader; the faction is still player-run.

For my characters, I ask the GMs take care of Larikon and the BoA, and kill him of with irony, if possible. The Taajars will go EmperorWhenua and the players who made it live. As for my other characters, anyone wishing may take them. Just please, don't kill them.

A request doesn't equal acceptance of said request. Unless the Mods stated they took it over? I shrug.

I was wanting to have my one cultist kill Larikon for being bad for the BoA and take over...

So if people wanted I could always bring him back and have him do something.

At this point, anything going on for them at all would be most appreciated. I believe that the main group of cultists still have some characters with them that are just waiting to be "converted" as well.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'd be open to that as long as Zenithex still gets to murder people and his particular brand of crazy remains undiscovered.

You may find yourselves to be short another cultist soon.

Just saying.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Mr House left a while back, and the Island Liberation Front has been inactive for a while, as far as I know...

You don't have to join up at all, really. Just make a character who you think would be accepted there (a mercenary, Makuta-worshiper etc.) and either say they've lived there for a while (perhaps they were actually one of Ko-'s original inhabitants who survived) or RP them entering the city (they'll have to go through the guards first).

As for resistance, seems like Nuparu is on the ball with it. He's the Akiri of Onu-Koro and is played by Geardirector.

Thanks for the info guys.

Alright, just a word of info: Anybody who actually is in the BoA, I guess I can jump in and breathe a little life back in. If there is a main group somewhere, though, somebody'll have to tell me where.

And if you want to get a list of players so I can make a group PM, that'd be wonderful, too.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I Think as stated above, the actual 'player' characters are scattered and aren't in one single place. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The only active players that are still with the cult at the moment are Construct and myself, and our characters are in two totally different areas (Ga-Wahi and Ta-Wahi, respectively), separate from Torchbearer and Co.

Norik has one with them, but he hasn't been around for a while.

If I'm remembering correctly, Dane, Dallior, and possibly someone else may have characters with them that are currently waiting for conversion though.

You may find yourselves to be short another cultist soon.

Just saying.

Zenithex disguises his killings as fear tactics, which he would argue helps keep the cult relevant amongst the minds of the island's populace. Everything else he keeps to himself, including his overzealous self-mutilation rituals, and otherwise remains within the parameters of acceptable cultist behavior (Mr. House made sure of that before he gave him the Ak'rei'an Seal of Approval).

Naturally, the other members would be hard-pressed to find anything overly suspicious about his actions.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I thought tossing people into lava has an Outsiders thing. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

They'd have to catch him first, and it's not exactly easy to sneak up on an Arthron wearer, especially since he's currently in a fairly secluded area.

Besides, unless he's caught in the act, there's not going to be much linking him to the crime anyway, and it's not like he'd be sticking around Ta-Koro long enough for the authorities to attempt to make the connection, either. At most, he'd probably rent a room for the night to establish an alibi before leaving, and be well on his way out of the village before anyone even found the body. The only counter to this plan I can think of would be a Sonics user with an Akaku to be in the immediate vicinity, but that would just reek of convenience. :P

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Or just a sonics user on a patrol nearby who happened to pick up the pained sounds of somebody being gagged and tortured.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'm back?

EDIT: 

Looking around at the game, I'm wondering how we as players can jazz up the world, push the main plot goals forward, and otherwise get more large-scale action happening at a fast pace without direct involvement of large staff posts  that involve lots of timeskips to keep things moving?  I mean this as a really open dialogue, not in any ways intending to insult anyone.  I know player involvement is probably a key issue (and I'm definitely guilty of that point), and that a game is only as good as its players to an extent, but what else could we all be focusing on? Is everyone happy with where the game is now, and am I the only one feeling like we've been in a sink-hole for the past year?  If so, maybe it's a personal issue and I need to reevaluate my place as a player.  If not, what can we do to change things? :)

Edited by Kughii

While I welcome discussion on the subject, I do agree with what Tyler was getting at (in a roundabout way). I would disagree quite distinctly with the idea that the game has, for the last year, been less active. If we examine even the things that have happened since last August, we've had the Dasaka arrive, the secession occur in the Archipelago, Antidermis was unleashed as a force in the world, Ko-Koro was attacked (and subsequently fell), and the Darkwalk quest finally ended while the Mangai one began (which is nearing its completion). And that is without taking into account the things players have been running for themselves.

To be perfectly, those brief headers alone are more plot movement in ten months than the year prior to last August had during most of its duration. This arc started two years ago as of last month, and much of the actual plot development has happened in the latter half of that. And that's without considering that we've had an increase in players over those ten months instead of the slow decline we've had going for much of the first half. The past two months or so have been slower than the ones preceding (in large part because they were months during which the vast majority of this playerbase either has events or obligations), but they're still more active than May and June of 2014 were. 

I am interested to see what others think, though I disagree with the analysis of the situation. :)

EDIT: Welcome back, by the way, Kughii.

Edited by Riku Tryon
  • Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG