BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Welp. This is gonna be interesting. Are we going to go back in time, try to remember what was going on, or incorporate island-wide reverse time-travel as a plot point?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Welp. This is gonna be interesting. Are we going to go back in time, try to remember what was going on, or incorporate island-wide reverse time-travel as a plot point?

I can quite safely assure you that it is not likely to be the later. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

There is a way to possibly recover your lost data.

Go to Google and type in

site: bzpower.com "keyword"

Replace keyword with whatever you're searching for, but it keep it within the quotation marks. You can use multiple keywords, which allows you to search for individual pages within topics. For example:

site: bzpower.com "le-wahi" "62"

In this case, my search would attempt to return the 62nd page in the Le-Wahi topic.

Once you've located the page you're searching for, there should be an option on the Google search page to open the cache instead of the actual topic (a cache is a stored copy of the page, which means it isn't affected by the deletion).

This should allow you to recover profiles and any posts that were just so dang good you just had to have them back. :)

Yeah i will be honest i am not looking forward to this.. i honestly hope we do not have to redo all of our posts..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

There is a way to possibly recover your lost data. Go to Google and type in

site: bzpower.com "keyword"

Replace keyword with whatever you're searching for, but it keep it within the quotation marks. You can use multiple keywords, which allows you to search for individual pages within topics. For example:

site: bzpower.com "le-wahi" "62"

In this case, my search would attempt to return the 62nd page in the Le-Wahi topic. Once you've located the page you're searching for, there should be an option on the Google search page to open the cache instead of the actual topic (a cache is a stored copy of the page, which means it isn't affected by the deletion). This should allow you to recover profiles and any posts that were just so dang good you just had to have them back. :)

Alternatively, if you've got the URL of whatever you're looking for, you can go directly to Google and enter "cache:[the url you want]", sans quotes and brackets. It goes without saying that the page needs to have been public for Google to find it (which is why I'm glad I didn't have too much vital in my blog, haha. :P)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Welp glad i was able to restore my profiles.. now i just need to edit my signature..

Also for anyone interested try this fancy little site i found that allows you to just enter the url

http://cache.nevkontakte.com/

it works pretty well

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

We're actually going back to Aesetr Derrum, but with the Lightbringer war.

Also, Laryna totally took the cake for bestest villain ever and Uhuraz can go suck a... Slurpee.

Whuh? i feel like i walked into some fantasy novel thing

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If only that were true. It would be awesome.

Voxumo: Aesetr Derrum was a former location for the BZPRPG, back when it was still magic sci-fi and stuff. The Lightbringer War was an event waaaaay back where a faction called the Lightbringers were one of the main contenders.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

If only that were true. It would be awesome.

Voxumo: Aesetr Derrum was a former location for the BZPRPG, back when it was still magic sci-fi and stuff. The Lightbringer War was an event waaaaay back where a faction called the Lightbringers were one of the main contenders.

Oh ok thank you Silvan.. i was seriously confused as heck

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

We're actually going back to Aesetr Derrum, but with the Lightbringer war. Also, Laryna totally took the cake for bestest villain ever and Uhuraz can go suck a... Slurpee.

New Kin Arc round three.And perhaps...Phogu may yet get his day in the limelight.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

One of these days we will get that thing running again.

In all honesty though, it was a good idea and I would love to see it work. Perhaps as some sort of neutral faction trying to get everybody to stop looking like they might stab each other any second.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Eh. Faction revivals have been attempted here before, they haven't worked yet.The Song was intended to be a revival of the Kin (the real one, not crazy bigots one), with an evil counterpart to match, but it never got off the ground. The reimagining of Xa-Kuta, for the moment, died with the BZII. I could go on, but y'all see my point. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

I know that the Song was, I even got the faction wide telepathy (aka Bloodbrand) from Nuju for it. The Kin was made for a different time and place, trying to bring the same thing here would not work, the fact that the Song did nothing at all after it got formed hardly helped matters.

I'm just thinking out loud mostly.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

We're actually going back to Aesetr Derrum, but with the Lightbringer war. Also, Laryna totally took the cake for bestest villain ever and Uhuraz can go suck a... Slurpee.

New Kin Arc round three.And perhaps...Phogu may yet get his day in the limelight.

I don't get any of this.

Anyways can someone fill me in on all this?

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

The Kin were a major player during the part of the old BZPRPG that took part on Metru Nui. They actually started off in an entirely different RPG, but it got so popular that the staff merged it with the BZPRPG. Many of the players from when it was around have rather fond memories of the faction and have tried to bring it back at least once.

If you want to know more about it then you might want to take a look at this. http://bzpower.wikia.com/wiki/Kin_%28BZPRPG%29

The old BZPRPG wiki is full of the remains of amazing stories and if somebody references something that you don't get it might be a good place to look.

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

If that's the case, than it it finally my chance to rmake up for my nooby past. And give Shajs an airship. :P

But in on seriousness, what is going to happen? And if its a whole redo of past months...

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I'm fairly certain that EW's comment was a joke so, no going back to flying islands and laser barrages.

Ignoring the past few months does not seem to make all that much sense. The posts may be gone for the most part, but most people have a decent idea of a what is going on with the big plots.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

If that's the case, than it it finally my chance to rmake up for my nooby past. And give Shajs an airship. :P

But in on seriousness, what is going to happen? And if its a whole redo of past months...

If anyone here hass a noobish past, its me. And its not even a past, its recent history :P.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

preview_6.png

I am a remarkably busy man at this moment. As such, I don't have time to explain the answer to the loss of two months' posted content as thoroughly as I want to - as thoroughly as I intend to - at present. I'm going to need more time to work, and I hope you will all be patient with me, because I can't reopen the game just yet.

I can, however, assuage the concerns that have been voiced above about us repeating or replaying the lost months. I can tell you guys that we won't be repeating the two months we lost, two months that were fraught with inactivity, inter-player bitterness, and general frustration among the player base as far as I could tell. To go back in time would only make those things worse, and I personally see no value in repeating what is essentially ancient history.

Instead of moving backwards, we are going to move forwards.

In the coming days, I am going to initiate a timeskip into the near future of the BZPRPG world. The status quo on the island will be rather different than when last we saw it, and game elements that you as players have been waiting for will finally be introduced. The timeskip will involve the creation of unseen and updated location topics, an addition to the first post of this topic, and the introduction of new character possibilities. When these elements are all prepared, I will reopen gameplay.

Personally, I am very excited about our chance to begin again, one chapter forward in the great arc of this universe. I hope you will all embrace the opportunities that our misfortunes have presented us with, too, and reenter this game with the spirits of camaraderie and joy. For the interim, you may continue post in this topic to speculate and whatnot about the changes that'll be made, or post in profiles to restore/update your characters, but DO NOT POST IN THE LOCATION TOPICS. These will be closed in the near future, but before that happens, please don't make my job harder.

I'll be hard at work in my free time on the things I need to write and revise; if you have any questions (that aren't seeking details about the world after the timeskip!), feel free to PM them to me, and I'll do my best to answer in a timely fashion. Since it'd be better for all of us if I'm not distracted, though, you'd probably be better off directing inquiries to either EmperorWhenua or to Tyler Durden, who was promoted to BZPRPG staff during the downtime. Thanks everyone for your patience; within the week, I hope we'll be up and running again.

test2.png

Congratulations Tyler, you deserve it.

I'm guessing that the Dasaka are going to have become a faction by the end of the timeskip. It would allow players to do what we were promised a while ago and play as them.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

BTW, guys, I do joke a bit -- the Aesetr Derrum quip being an example of that. However, if you come to me with a direct question I will gladly answer to the best of my ability.

In real life, I got a full time job and my time online is limited to evenings, but when I still lurk here (for now) and linger on Skype. If there are any really pressing matters, a couple people have my phone number and you can ask me things through them. (No, I'm not giving you all my number. :P ) Tyler, Visaru and Eyru are the main resources for that and they are authorized to hit me up any time. Remember, I'm here to help even when I'm not exactly... here.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

Grats as always to Tyler (or to return the level of excitement he gave me for my FA promotion, YEAH THAT'S MY BOY TYLER CONGRATS AGAIN).I'm looking forward to what you've all got planned, and though I know I might not be the most active BZRPGer, I hope I can redouble my own activity here with whatever you've got cooking.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Hmm.. Well this will prove interesting.. Though i am curious about something.. Before the downtime Onu-koro was going through a rather big plot involving the brotherhood of Ak'rei'an, the Ussalry and to a much lesser extent the one rogue brotherhood member syvra.. I am curious how that would play out. Would we just assume the brotherhood was able to get to blackrock without any real casualties, or will it be something else? Surprisingly this is my only real concern since

• A: Vrina was merely drinking in the Lavapool inn.
  • B: Tivanu had just left the 'Him' group since it was inactive
  • C: Voulge was merely sitting in conference with the rest of the potentially new Virtues team and no progress had been made on the field

So yeah three of my four characters i can roll with this new arc when it comes around.. Syvra is my only concern since his life is in constant threat by the brotherhood.. So yeah just food for thought.

EDIT: Oh crud i forgot but also Congrats Tyler on the promotion? i think that is the right term

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Well I didn't really lose all that much (Except for my recent progress with Ferron, grrr.). So I'm down for this. The new status quo of the RPG will hopefully bring some more opportunitites for my characters, the Gravity Trio in particular.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...