BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Aar

The Ussalmatoran stayed inside the village. The lilypads were slightly unstable and made him uncomfortable, but all the more reason to endure it. That which didn't kill him made him stronger and all that. As one of the newest members of the Ussalry, he wanted to rise to meet the others' standards. Sure, enduring having to stand on a lilypad was a minimal thing, but he was dealing with discomfort nonetheless.

He closed one of his eyes and stared off at the sea. The brightness of the sun on the waves almost blinded that eye. Blinking, he turned back to the village behind him.

Lots of women here in Ga. Not that there weren't any in Onu, though. Long-distance relationships weren't his thing, though, so he pushed them from his mind and continued to trek aimlessly through the town.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: (Mons Shajs/Guard GQ/Ga-Koro)

"Sheesh, no need to be so snappy!" Shajs said. He took out his badge and placed it onto the desk. It was a battered, stained old thing. But it was still intelligible.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC(Ryiu-Polzin Residence)

"The Cultured Gentry, Vera? Is that really what we want? Induction?"

IC: (Vera , Polzin Manor)

Lilac eyes looked up from the letter, and to her brother's face. Vera didn't even react, no surprise, no anger, not even the joy that most family members would show for each other. She didn't even try to fake a friendly tone, instead speaking to her brother flatly. It wasn't filled with hate, it was just mechanical, monotone.

"Hello brother, pleasure to see you again. I assume you're here because you have another request to make, concerning our family's wealth. Now as for the Gentry, they have more wealth than the Polzin Estate could ever have. Induction will allow me greater support to aid the people of Mata Nui, especially with my current project. You could join me if you like, because later today I will be meeting with the Akiri to discuss that very project. One for which I have no doubt will receive the full endorsement from our Akiri and the Cultured Gentry."

There was another long pause, before Vera looked up again, her glance passing for expectant.

"You can sit if you like."

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:Now in Daylaria's office, Vilor, being the primary reason for the lack of standing room, finally took a more sociable tone at the promise of a good pay day.

"Guard work is low risk. I can agree to the work-the price is the only matter that remains. Is 2000 widgets each too much to ask?"

IC: Daylaria (after this post, I do believe she goes back to KNI)

"2,000 widgets each would feed half the koro for a day," Daylaria said, sighing; "I may have some access to the treasury, but paying each of you like kings is out of the question. I'll give your group 750 widgets apiece, and a bonus if you follow my orders precisely." Daylaria crossed her arms and waited, knowing full well that greed could be the determining factor. I really need this group, she thought with the beginnings of anxiety.

IC: (Mons Shajs/Guard GQ/Ga-Koro)

"Sheesh, no need to be so snappy!" Shajs said. He took out his badge and placed it onto the desk. It was a battered, stained old thing. But it was still intelligible.

IC: NPC Receptionist @ Ga-Koro HQ

"Ah, thank you Corporal," the receptionist chimed with a smile before sliding the badge back across the desk to its skakdi owner. "The Vipes are busy at the moment, but I can check on your membership status for the voyage if you wait just a moment." She nodded to the grey and silver skakdi before pushing her chair out and leaving for the records room.

--

Half an hour later, the same matoran came back covered in a thick film of dust so dense she looked like a matoran of earth. "You're set for the voyage. It leaves tomorrow at dawn."

IC: Captain Iraira

Fog rolled across Naho bay until all the world was covered in a thick cloak of early morning damp. The scent of salt and seafoam permeated the shrunken visibility. Waves rolled meekly to the shore, lapping cool trails of wet sand like the paths of snails. Iraira lay in bed listening to the call of seabirds, staring at the mobile slowly revolving on its axis while she contemplated her role. The point of balance, that was what she held for the expedition. Without me, she thought, hand sliding behind her head while drawing a long, slow breath, what would become of the venture? The thought pulled Iraira out of bed.

As she strode through grey sunrise to the docks, her thoughts returned to Akiri Hahli's words from behind a mound of paperwork. The leader of Ga-Koro's expression would be forever burned into the Commander's mind as she had given the orders. Iraira had little time, but she felt a sense of accomplishment with the fruit of her labors, despite a large contingency of criminal backgrounds. Putting aside her memories, the toa of crystal stumbled sleepily into a bakery along the route.

"Good morning Viper Iraira," the friendly cashier said over the soft jangling of the welcome bell, no sign of sleep deprivation in her sparkling yellow eyes. "Shall it be the usual today?"

"Morning, yes," She grumbled, hands fumbling awkwardly with her drawstring money pouch. Three bronze widgets were slapped on the counter by a foreign hand, causing Iraira to look up into the eyes of her friend. "Hello Day."

"Hi Knight," Daylaria responded with a sweet smile; "Karz, you look worse than I do. Slept any?" The Valkyr frowned, a look of concern passing across her brow.

"You know I can't sleep properly the night before a voyage," Iraira replied with a yawn; "tossed and turned thinking of every little thing. I don't remember the tide charts for the area very well, and they've changed with the sinking no doubt. No more islands to break up the water."

Daylaria nodded thoughtfully at Iraira's comment. "You'll figure it out; I know you will."

"It just gives me a headache sending the crew somewhere they don't know. Well, most don't. I just pray to Mata-Nui that I can keep the one's who do in line."

"That's been bothering me actually," the larger being admitted as they left the shop to the happy sounds of come again and thank you for your patronage; "why did you offer those criminals a hand aboard ship?"

Iraira laughed with a mouthful of pastry, the morning haul tucked in a paper bag under her arm. Swallowing the flaky bite, she replied; "I'm looking for ruins and sunken things, Day. What better group of people to use than thieves who specialize in finding what they shouldn't have while pretending to look the other way?"

"Actors maybe?"

---

The vessel bobbed along the dock, slowly sinking deeper into the water as equipment was loaded from the crane attached to the mainmast. Iraira spoke briefly with the foreman about inventory, stressing the importance of what went into her cabin directly before the crew arrived. Wooden boxes nailed shut, packing straw dangling from between the slats, were quickly arranged in her personal quarters to the Captain-Commander's relief. The official crew had yet to arrive, and Iraira spent the next hour walking the breadth of the ship with gleaming eyes, shivering in the chill fog. The pasties slowly dwindled until only crumbs remained in the paper bag.

"Hope to see you again," Iraira said with a grouchy frown, tossing the crumpled packaging overboard before heading back into the Captain's cabin. Lipa was waiting. The look of necromancy tugging at her eyes, a cup of tea steaming outstretched in her hand. Iraira blinked, attempting to connect the possibility of Lipa being tired to a reality.

“What’s wrong? Had a hard night,” Iraira asked quizzically while scratching her kanohi hau. Lipa raised a hand to stifle a yawn, handing the tea over to her superior. The matoran shrugged then plodded out of Iraira's beeline for the chair.

“It’s not exactly working hours,” the messenger admitted; “and I thought I would be having today off, since you’re embarking to Kumu Islets.”

Iraira scrunched her brow and took a sip. Mint.

“So you partied.”

“More or less," Lipa admitted absently, a vacant glaze falling across her body, a shell without its ghost. Iraira tried to laugh, but only succeeded in choking on the tea, a splutter of liquid splashing across the floor.

“You should take a vacation or something while I’m gone," Iraira said with a personal flair; "Actually, would you be willing to finish the forms on my desk first? Akiri Hahli needed a few things reallocated in the military budget, something about Koro improvements. Anyway, see that it’s done, will you?”

Lipa tapped her fingers to her forehead. “Of course, Captain.”

“Then you’re dismissed,” Iraira said with a flutter of her tea cup while Lipa turned on her heel and left the cabin, the lock clicking sharply into place. The toa of crystal sighed, finally letting the yawn that had been threatening her since Lipa arrived free from her mouth. A few minutes more and Iraira left the cabin herself to greet her crew. A gangway had been laid out from the rail to the dock, letting the crew walk easily aboard instead of having to climb the side rail like Iraira had.

None of them were particularly salty, but all her crew had shown considerable talent during dive training. One of the last to board was one of the vortixx, his ubiquitous backpack still strapped across the shoulders. Iraira greeted him as he reached the top of the gangway.

"Welcome aboard Private Soirk," Iraira said with a hearty slap to the vortixx's back as he clambered over the gunnels. "You'll be working on keeping us in the right direction. Any last words before we set sail?"

Krios flashed the Toa a dry smile. "Last request: if I don't make it out of this, bury my riches with me. I don't care who gets the backpack."

He paused a moment, then dropped his voice a bit and added, "Oh, and make sure my headstone reads... well, not 'Soirk'. You know what I mean."

"That'll cost a good death," Iraira winked, her voice lowered as well. "Though I'd prefer if you don't die in general. I'd lose my cartographer."

"Can't say I disagree with you." returned the black-clad Vortixx, cold blue eyes a bit warmer than usual. "But enough banter; let's get this barge underway. Anyone else aboard I ought to meet?"

Iraira chuckled at Krios' question. "Trust me, you'll all be introducing yourselves soon enough."

Half an hour later, they pushed from port and set sail, hugging the harbor until Naho Bay was placed behind. Salt soon coated the joints of every sailor, the open ocean swelling to meet her newest prize.

OOC: alright, we've set sail. Please wait to post for a little bit. :) Thanks so greatly much.

Edited by Kughii

IC:"Not as favorable as I would have hoped-but acceptable. We will join your voyage. Is there any training or equipment we require?" Vilor answered.

OOC: I'm guessing dive training and air bladders would be necessary for work on a dive expedition. If needed, RPG time will be used to represent me getting aboard ship.

IC: Treize

"So guys, you ready?" asked Treize, the naval captain plonking herself down on a nearby crate.

The Fortune was always ready to defend the shores of Ga-wahi from pirates, but if the crew wasn't ready, then the ship would not be able to act. Of course, without a full crew, it would not be able to reach its full potential anyway, and Treize knew it. Not that it really bothered her - she knew that her current group would be able to handle her ship well enough.

OOC: Taoki bunnied with Snipe's permission. Sookus, Mortis, and Kahlynn bunnied because of player inactivity.IC:

Sookus shrugged. "Sounds like fun, but Kahlynn and I have a deal we need to close up with that fish merchant - the Ga-Lesterin, yeah?" Kahlynn nodded in agreement. "Besides," Sookus continued, waving his hook at Vhohan, "It looks like you've already filled your quota of one-handed Skakdi for this little mission.""Think I'll stay back too," Mortis grunted."Probably a good idea," Iraanus put in. "The Takea couldn't possibly function without its resident grumpy old man to keep it running smoothly, now could it?""Aye, and don't you forget it."Taoki cleared his throat. "I'll come along. To Onu, I mean." A few of the others glanced at him in surprise - in fact, Taoki looked a bit surprised himself.Iraanus grinned. "That's what I like to hear. I'll be going, too, if that wasn't obvious. So it'll be five of us against Spirit-knows-how-many NEX operatives. I like our odds."

Q2TtLEz.png

"Right then. Let's go find some pirates."

IC: Kotaran~

"Easier said then down, I'd assume," the marine replied. "With Xa-Koro gone, where do you plan on looking, Captain? Hope we're not just wondering on across the seas without any sort of plan. . ."

Edited by BenLuke

IC: NPG Gukko Force Member - Ga-KoroThe Gukko reared back its wings, pushing back and up to balance out its descent. Some sand on the beach fluttered away in the flurry of the bird's powerful wings. Hovering carefully above the golden beach the Matoran hopped off its back, planting his feet into the ground before giving a low whistle. The Gukko stopped the rapid wing movements and nestled itself into the sand.The Forceman stood up tall, his hands behind his back. Waltzing up to the Ga-Koronians at the gate he smiled widely and gave a little wave. Before they could say anything, the Forceman said, "Hello! I bring word from Sing-song Le-Koro," he reached behind his back and whipped out a letter signed by Kongu, "Please get-pass this to Akiri Hahli right away."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: NPC Marine at Ga-Koro Gate

The sky was blotted as the gukko came in for a landing on the sandy beach. As it landed, the closest guard coughed, sand caught in her throat from the fluttering of wings. The marines glanced at each other in the face of such buoyant enthusiasm and grinned as the rider hopped off, dusted away a few spare drops of sand, and waltzed his way across the beach with a hearty wave. A pair rushed forwards to help hold the gukko, although it had been trained by the Force and keeping a hand on the saddle loop wasn't necessary.

"We are honored to have you, Foreman," One of the ladies said with a flashing smile; "It's so nice to see one of our friends from Chutes and Ladders. Of course, we'll get the letter there with all speed. Is there anything you need after your travels? Some sustenance and rest perhaps?" Signaling for a runner, the marine charged the new recruit with all importance in their task, then led the Foreman to the small shelter made of palm fronds and bamboo under which the guards had been keeping watch. It was a small shelter, little more than a protection against the sun, and was next to the main gate to keep a steady watch on the comings and goings by land to the koro of water and medicine. The runner kept her pace, air-filters burning from her daring sprint through the main market. Reaching the door of Akiri Hahli's hut, she bent double and gasped for breath. Momentarily the dermie straightened up and handed the letter clutched between her fingers to one of Hahli's bodyguards standing outside.

"Sorry about the wear and tear; I tripped."

"This is?"

"From Le-Koro, a gukko just arrived."

"I know, kinda' hard to miss the bird on a day like this."

"The messenger said to deliver is immediately."

"Akiri Hahli's having her meeting with the -- "

"Look, I know, but I'm Corporal Lipa and you'll get that letter to her as soon as possible."

"Fine."

IC Kaunis

(Ga-Koro, Hahli's Hut):

Kaunis ran as fast as she could. She felt like she was carrying responsibility over all of Ga-Koro on her shoulders, for in truth she believed to be doing that. If Hahli did not hear of her discoveries soon, the whole village may cease to be.

"I need to see the Akiri!" Kaunis said to the guards before Hahli's office. She was panting hard. "It's very important!"

IC:

From behind Kaunis, a female voice spoke up: "The Akiri is in an important meeting. If you have an immediate concern, you can talk to me."

When she turned to see who had spoken she saw a blue armored Toa. She was standing tall, water glistening on her skin and armor, where it clung to after the short swim she had taken over here. Leah smiled at the Matoran pleasantly, recognizing her face from seeing her a few times in the village in the past weeks.

"Well Kaunis?" she asked. "What's so important?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Kaunis

(Ga-Koro, outside Hahli's office):

Kaunis recognized the Toa. After all, who didn't know the Toa of Water who had defeated Makuta?

"Toa Leah", Kaunis said, giving a hurried bow. "I was just visiting Ta-Koro and I heard this terrible rumor from a Toa that Onu-Koro is preparing for a surprise attack on Ga-Koro! Some defected guard from Ta-Koro has apparently allied with the village of earth and is about to sabotage Ga-Koro's underwater plantation systems or something like that, I'm not sure. I'm worried for our village, Toa... they might even combine forces with Ta-Koro against us. Someone needs to do something."

IC: Syvra

Syvra nearly collasped on the beach near Naho bay. He was gasping for breath and his hands were on his knees. He had been running with Litozen for so long now just to get away from their possible attackers. He turned his mask to Litozen and offered him a grin

"Well litozen i think we are ok to stop right at this moment."

OOC: Syvra and Litozen from Onu-Wahi

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Litozen (Naho Bay)The De Toa said nothing, but came to a halt. He looked around for somewhere to sit, but being on a beach there was nothing but sand. He just fell backwards, stretched out to try relaxing if only a little as he listened to the almost theraputic sound of water flowing. Of course, he could also hear the rambling of the Ga-Koronians, which ruined the mood for him. Sighing, Litozen sat up, his right knee raised with his harm resting on it. He then gave a sorrowful look to his partner. "...'Ak'rei'an'." he said flatly. "You said that name back in Onu-Koro. You were talking of following him. And the others that were in that cave...they were speaking of cults and texts. What in Maku--" he caught himself and whispered the rest of the sentence, "What in Makuta's name is going on?"

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

IC:

"No, probably not." I admitted, "But where your puny light arrows will bounce, these bolts will go right through - wow!" I said, nodding behind Erif. Akira was there, walking towards us with armor that couldn't have been further from the bone one. It looked ancient, yet brand new. "Fed up? Good then let's go, we still have a lot of work to do." she said. "Where did you get that makeover and can I have one?" I asked, unable to look anywhere else. "Your armor is two days old, so you can't. Shoo, move it. Let's see you use that." she said, looking at my weapon in return. "Find the rest of us and meet outside of the gate in ten minutes." With that she left in her own direction, looking for the three other toa. "Back to work I guess."

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Syvra
Syvra sighed a bit heavily as he heard the question. He rubbed at his neck as he thought about what to say. He could not outright give the whole truth. But he could also not keep lying. With a bit of dread in his eyes he turned to Litozen and began to speak
"While i was searching i was attacked and proceeded to be inducted into some cult. I do not know how to explain it but i just feel that i must follow and worship Ak'rei'an. I can not tell you why but i just feel i must follow him and worship him. For he is the archangel who was killed by mata-nui for mata-nui feared Ak'rei'an's power. Larikon and Rakona are the beings who attacked me and inducted me."
Edited by The Icy Wonder: Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Litozen

The Toa could only sigh in response, but he also couldn't help but do something unusual for him; smile. "I see. That's at least better than what it could have been." Though truth be told, litozen was feeling a strange pain inside him to know that this had happened, and they were now probably in danger. Was it...guilt? Maybe. Litozen had been growing attached to Syvra after all. Still, he shook his head and got back up. "Well, I'm not going to fault you on these new beliefs. We may not follow the same ideals, but either way this Ak'rei'an person and Makuta are similar in the sense of despising the great spirit. What it means for our plans, on the other hand..." He trailed off and looked towards Ga-Koro. Their visit to Le-Koro had been lackluster at best, while Onu-Koro had only given them trouble. What kind of terrors could exist in Ga?

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

IC: Eva (Bar, Ga-Koro)

Eva did not usually frequent bars, unless she was working in them -- noisy, crowded places, were almost everyone was quite reliably drunk.

Ga-Koro, though, she made an exception for. As far as she could tell it was somewhat universally accepted that some of the bars in Ga-Koro were the best on Mata Nui; she couldn't agree or disagree, preferring not to carry an opinion on such things. She was already a musician, as soon as people saw the guitar on her back they were going to register her as a drunk, so she didn't feel too much like encouraging them.

She sat herself down at the bar, next to an orange and white Toa -- Plasma, most likely -- and ordered her drink, before turning to the aforementioned Toa. "G'day."

OOC: said Toa would be Cylund

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Eva (Bar, Ga-Koro)"I'm a musician," Eva answered. "I used to travel around, playing in the Koro to earn a few widgets, but the upped security doesn't really support that lifestyle anymore so I sorta just drift around, getting jobs where I can."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Eva (Bar, Ga-Koro)

"Work," Eva sighed at first, before picking up her glass and grinning at Cylund. "Maybe a little pleasure. I never spent too much time in Ga-Koro, as much as I used to travel, and I feel it's only right I get to know the place. And it's safe to say the best way to get to know a town is by visiting its bars, because you probably won't be out of them."

So much for not encouraging stereotypes...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: (Cylund, Bar)

Cylund grinned, a good idea of who this girl was slowly starting to form in his head. "I'm a mercenary, largely. At least, that's what I work as. In my spare time, I am a snowboarder, a duelist, and an extremely talented person in many a way."

After a moment of silence, he spoke up again.

"Most of those ways involve something burning, usually not by my own decision."